Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese


Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Preparedness > Medical Intervention & Prevention
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fish meds for humans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Discussion: Tracking new emerging diseases and the next pandemic; Now tracking the Aussie Flu.

Fish meds for humans

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: October 27 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5399
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 5:49am
Oh God...
 
Bone surgery is unbelievably painful.
 
I feel for you.
 
(And you should have kicked the little arsehole in the back while he was walking away)
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Back to Top
jacksdad View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
Avatar

Joined: September 08 2007
Location: San Diego
Status: Offline
Points: 39791
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

  (And you should have kicked the little arsehole in the back while he was walking away) 


LOLLOLLOL
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Back to Top
debbiencusa View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: April 25 2013
Location: nc
Status: Offline
Points: 2100
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbiencusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 7:37pm
 I stand by my original post which does have health disclaimers. I also repeat that I never told anyone to give a child kool aid with medication that would not be good, a young child could get confused and overdose on meds bc it looked like kool aid and was safe.
i would also say to the folks that some of your personal Dr.s  may not want to be asked about how to do something like dose a family of meds. bc it is actually not legal for a unlicensed non medical person to be dosing, diagnosing prescription medication. Their livelihood depends on them maintaining their license to practice medicine. i would not make the assumption I had a bad Dr. because he or she was not willing to provide me with such info. it is available readably on the internet from mayo Clinic website to Web Md very easy to find. One good thing about not putting your Doc in a situation where they are compromised is you maintain the trust needed for your on going relationship to work well. Also, I found even during the H5 scare many Docs thought people were nuts for being so worried about it.
Also with the web info, you can download to hard copy keep it right with the med. I put mine in a ziplock plastic baggie that can be labeled as to what it is, that way anyone who has to use it has all the best available info. I do not have to rely on notes taken from talking to anyone etc.
i have not found any sites that sell meds so strong that one mg. could kill as Turbo claims, now I have not tried to find that. I still maintain it is hard to believe any reliable company we may purchase from is selling medication where one mil kills, it would seem to me that someone who wanted to do harm to someone could too easily attain that medication and use it almost undetected. Their liability would be huge.
If civility can not be maintained on a site it will fail, the bully will scare everyone into silence as no one will want to take their turn standing in line to get beat up. That means that all of us need to try to make it not personal and the ones charged with taking care of the site need to shut it down if they truly have the best interests of the site at heart. If they are afraid of their duty or the abuser then they should forfeit their privilege to be a mod. There was zero reason to anyone who reads these posts that this tirade was ever started.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
God Bless
Back to Top
jacksdad View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
Avatar

Joined: September 08 2007
Location: San Diego
Status: Offline
Points: 39791
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 8:54pm
When I get on my laptop later I'll post a webpage from Webmd that details the meds most commonly used to treat bacterial pneumonia, which is the thing I think we should be most worried about with MERS. Thanks for the reminder about the Mayo Clinic - I'd forgotten about them. Good idea to have hard copies to hand too - I have a folder full of relevant stuff I've put together over the years. If the power goes out, so does the internet.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Back to Top
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: October 27 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5399
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by debbiencusa debbiencusa wrote:


Also with the web info, you can download to hard copy keep it right with the med. I put mine in a ziplock plastic baggie that can be labeled as to what it is, that way anyone who has to use it has all the best available info. I do not have to rely on notes taken from talking to anyone etc.


Good idea. Also you should get some basic first aid, first responder, emt, etc under your belt. Also try to get a class where you can learn how to distinguish the difference between fungal and bacterial infections.

Originally posted by debbie debbie wrote:


i have not found any sites that sell meds so strong that one mg. could kill as Turbo claims, now I have not tried to find that. I still maintain it is hard to believe any reliable company we may purchase from is selling medication where one mil kills, it would seem to me that someone who wanted to do harm to someone could too easily attain that medication and use it almost undetected. Their liability would be huge.


Oh, it is very undetectable, and very little will kill someone without the treatment to their heart required just to take that medication.

Sodium and calcium blockers can be exceedingly dangerous if they're not used correctly. Then again, so can OTC vitamins...

Fluconazole, if taken by someone who already has QT abnormalities, can have significant impact to their heart health. Fluconazole is a powerful anti fungal drug that works quite well when used on an out of control tinea infection.

Soma (carisoprodol) is a muscle relaxant. Some people have figured out that if you take a lot of it you'll be drunk as a skunk, take too much and other important muscles will decide that they no longer want to flex anymore too.

Originally posted by debbie debbie wrote:


If civility can not be maintained on a site it will fail, the bully will scare everyone into silence as no one will want to take their turn standing in line to get beat up. That means that all of us need to try to make it not personal and the ones charged with taking care of the site need to shut it down if they truly have the best interests of the site at heart. If they are afraid of their duty or the abuser then they should forfeit their privilege to be a mod. There was zero reason to anyone who reads these posts that this tirade was ever started.


Just because you chose to take personal someone letting you know that you're out of your lane, doesn't make me a bully. I didn't get personal with you even once, I simply pointed out that you are wrong and told people to talk to their doctor about anything they might try to take. You don't like that and would rather people take your advice, I get it. You're wrong, but I get your position. You got butthurt over it and are now acting all indignant because you were WRONG, know you were out of your lane, and now you're backtracking.

The reason I corrected you is because you said something That you know next to nothing about as if you were an authority. You can post whatever you want, but if you say something that can be obviously dangerous for someone that follows what you think might be a good idea, I'm going to correct you every single time whether you like it or not. Bad advice is bad advice. By the same token, if you say something I agree with, I either won't say anything or throw kudos your way. That's why this is known as a discussion forum, not a say whatever you like and nobody gets to correct you pulpit.

If I said something about a topic that I know nothing about, such as proper planting, crop rotation, and harvesting of food, and someone like Jacksdad, who knows significantly more about those topics corrects me and points out that I should not be giving bad advice, I'm not going to cry that I was bullied. I'll accept that I didn't know what the hell I was talking about and listen to what he says about it, and why I needed to be corrected.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Back to Top
debbiencusa View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: April 25 2013
Location: nc
Status: Offline
Points: 2100
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbiencusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 1:24pm
I am not back peddling sir, the words on all of the posts speak for themselves including your own. Because you say you are not bullying does not make it a fact. My point is personal attack has no place here it discourages people shaing, people are sharing to help others not hurt. I look at all posts from that standpoint. I agree 100% if someone sees information that is not true, or can add their own knowledge to that which is already posted it is wonderful bc it helps even more.
 
This remark I have copied and reposted as you do in making your points to correct others is exactly how you replied to me when you first objected to my post. See Below
 
Turbo writes "
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH NO! NONONONONO! I seriously almost facepalmed my head off my shoulders there.
 
250 mg of what? 500mg of what? Mix that with red koolaid? Really?!? Jonestown anyone?"
 
As I said your own words are sufficient evidence that you are not just correcting someone else's post but behaving in a way that is not at all educational but rude where it need not be therefore discouraging others from posting. That is contradictory to what we are trying to achieve here. This is a excellent forum, I have not seen any other member use your style of put down and insult which continues to ratchet up the more you post to me the uglier and more insulting it becomes. You are proving my point about you and your style very well, thank you, I could not do as good a job of convicting you based on evidence of your behavior as well as you are doing on your own.
 
You do make excellent points even in your responses to me on this thread, I have learned from some information you have posted. I just continue to believe that name calling, making fun of people or accusing them of things not based in fact but in your own negative opinion of the poster make the "correction" a personal attack, where it is not needed.
God Bless
Back to Top
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: October 27 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5399
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Debbie Debbie wrote:

I am not back peddling sir, the words on all of the posts speak for themselves including your own. Because you say you are not bullying does not make it a fact. My point is personal attack has no place here it discourages people shaing, people are sharing to help others not hurt. I look at all posts from that standpoint. I agree 100% if someone sees information that is not true, or can add their own knowledge to that which is already posted it is wonderful bc it helps even more.


What the hell are you talking about? Nobody attacked you. Are you trolling? If I see survival information that's not true and dangerously so, it's my *DUTY* to tell you that you're wrong. There really was no information to add aside from you being ignorant, again, dangerously so to not only others, but if you actually believe what you wrote there, to yourself as well.

Originally posted by debbiencusa debbiencusa wrote:

As I said your own words are sufficient evidence that you are not just correcting someone else's post but behaving in a way that is not at all educational but rude where it need not be therefore discouraging others from posting. That is contradictory to what we are trying to achieve here. This is a excellent forum, I have not seen any other member use your style of put down and insult which continues to ratchet up the more you post to me the uglier and more insulting it becomes. You are proving my point about you and your style very well, thank you, I could not do as good a job of convicting you based on evidence of your behavior as well as you are doing on your own.


That's because the more I correct you the more you cry about it and think I'm taking shots at you. You're so wrong about this because you're 100% ignorant about it. Then you have the audacity to post about it as if you're an subject matter expert, or at the very least have a smattering of experience and what you're talking about doing can make someone sick, if not outright kill them! You absolutely need to be slapped down with extreme prejudice early and often. I *SHOULD* have attacked you personally for what you wrote because it came from a level of ignorance in the medical field I've not seen in YEARS!

Did I call you stupid? Dumb? An Idiot? No. Those are personal attacks. Did I Ad Hominem you to take credibility away? Again, no. You are just one of those people that can't take it when someone shoots holes in your ideas, then cries that I'm being mean to you. I get that, and it's funny, but seriously, you need to grow up if you take personally when someone tells you're dangerously wrong.

That said, I facepalmed because what you said was so frikin' stupid it genuinely astounded me. I seriously slapped my own forehead when I read that. Also you're so wed to your know-it-all position that you feel that I'm personally attacking you by telling you that your idea of taking antibiotics at elevated levels is dumb, and facepalming because you don't know squat and talk like you knew anything about it.

Then you go on to say that people shouldn't listen to what their doctor says, or should discount asking them in the first place because you don't trust your doctor. Seriously, you have a problem if you honestly believe what you've typed there because you're so lost you're going to need a compass to find your elbow. I'm just wondering if you posting that was some kind of trollface internet deal where people get others to do something stupid like put vinegar/lemon juice into a pan of bleach and blow into it with a straw trying to make crystals. (It creates Chlorine gas and can kill you)
 
Originally posted by Debbie Debbie wrote:


You do make excellent points even in your responses to me on this thread, I have learned from some information you have posted. I just continue to believe that name calling, making fun of people or accusing them of things not based in fact but in your own negative opinion of the poster make the "correction" a personal attack, where it is not needed.


I didn't have any opinion of you, negative or positive until this thread. I *DO* have an opinion of you now, though I'm not going to share it for fear that you think that I'm again personally attacking you.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Back to Top
Albert View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 10:10pm
ding ding ding
Back to Top
debbiencusa View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: April 25 2013
Location: nc
Status: Offline
Points: 2100
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbiencusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 3:51pm
I am certain that by reading all the posts from the beginning to the end, people will be able to form their own opinions on fair and unfair judgments made.
I have never in my life been called so many names by someone who appears to be unaware of what they are doing.  I wish that all these posts would be removed other then Jacksdad  and others who posted information that was not dispelled. The integrity of the site is bigger then the individual posters who disagree. I have no problem with that. I apologize to all who have had to witness this, it makes everyone uncomfortable, you have all helped me so I do not wish to be a involuntary part of that discomfort.
God Bless
Back to Top
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: October 27 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5399
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by debbiencusa debbiencusa wrote:

I am certain that by reading all the posts from the beginning to the end, people will be able to form their own opinions on fair and unfair judgments made.
I have never in my life been called so many names by someone who appears to be unaware of what they are doing.  I wish that all these posts would be removed other then Jacksdad  and others who posted information that was not dispelled. The integrity of the site is bigger then the individual posters who disagree. I have no problem with that. I apologize to all who have had to witness this, it makes everyone uncomfortable, you have all helped me so I do not wish to be a involuntary part of that discomfort.


I never called you any names. I further never disagreed with you, I just pointed out that you're ignorant of medical practice and drugs/antibiotics. Disagreeing with you takes too much energy, and quite honestly you're not worth the time it would take to disagree with you.

You need psychological help because you're insane.

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/state/North+Carolina.html

I suggest you look into these and check yourself in. Beer
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

Message:
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down