Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Brief history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brief history
    Posted: July 08 2006 at 3:44pm

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I thought that I would share the brief history of our last 8 months for those who were not with us from the beginning.

We opened November 15, 2005.   I started this forum to simply bring awareness to the pandemic threat. We became very popular very fast.  Our original motto was people-helping-people since we promoted a caring type of atmosphere.  This is why we are so firm on not allowing personal attacks. 

Within the initial 45 days, we added approximately 13 Moderators. Within the proceeding 45 days, we were forced to eliminate the moderator position altogether, which means we removed all 13 from being Mods. Needless to say, the initial 90 days were par for the course around this place.  In a nutshell, the moderators tended to be a little too tough on the members at times. Although their history was brief here, some of them still return quite frequently to cause problems.  Promoting this group to moderators was a mistake. 

We have also had various encounters with extremist groups over the last 6 months.  One person claimed to be the Reichesfuhrer of the Aryan nation so I don't have to explain why we got rid of that group.  So there are  two groups that aren't very fond of us at the moment.  Then of course, we have also attracted every rogue troll on the internet, all of which have a personal vendetta after us lol.  

The last 4 months have been more focused on community awareness i.e. The members sending letters to state officials, along with launching the state designated forums, pushing the pneumonia vaccination, small  prep drives for the members, etc... 

There is obviously a lot more, but this is probably enough for now.

Smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 4:26pm

Albert,

YOU ROCK! 
 This is a great place to come to get updated and
information on the BF. I also find it helpful in other areas such as objective
opinions that has helped me when I needed it. This forum is a valuable
asset to me and I appreciate all your efforts to keep this a peaceful place
for all of us to communicate.
 It is refreshing to come here and know there are others that
share common interest and are willing to share ideas and stories.
Their will always be those that try to stir the pot. But don't ever let
anyone ruin this site. 
It's to bad there weren't more sites like this for other topics.
Thank you for creating this wonderful site.  
It's been a great peace of mind for me not being in the dark.

Cambridge, Minnesota

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 4:32pm
Thanks, Albert, I wasn't here from the beginning. I found the site in the spring. It helps to have an idea of the beginning. Wow the site has come a long way! Thanks to you, Albert, for keeping us all in line LOL
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 4:36pm

Thank you Sarah. 

Ruth, you may have seen a few changes around here in the past that might not have made much sense at the time.  Thanks for hanging in there with us. 

Smile

KOMET163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOMET163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 5:11pm
Albert,

We seem to attract the rogue elements in our society,however the group has been a life saver for many many people. We are in debt to you for your courage and your efforts to assist us has been heroic to say the least.  I can only think of two or three people who have helped me to more this year.  The advice has been fantastic along with the friendship that I have developed in the past 7 months.  I have only one regret. I have not been able to send money to you for your efforts.  I wish I could do more to support you in your efforts to quash trolls and rovias.  I feel that we have a mission to warn the world about the coming crisis of avain flu.   Albert, you and this forum has been the beacon of hope in an other wise lonely battle to prepare our families for the bird flu.   My efforts, I hope are not in vain.  We stand, together facing the cruel, evil world, hand  by hand, shoulder to shoulder.   I have many many concerns, my girlfriend is constantly facing new challenges every day.  Our life may not be easy but with your support, we know that we have people that support us.  We take solace that we are not facing this alone and we will survive..

KOMET163
He who laughs last laughs hardest.
marks6555 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks6555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 5:29pm
i appreciate this forum immensely. i can't talk to the people i know, around me,  about avian because they think i'm crazy.

this is a good place to go for info and likeminded, or shall i dare say 'aware,' people in this world.

thanks albert and everyone else who contributes to this forum as an informative and positive experience.
-mark
mark
When the going gets weird, the weird turns pro. -HST
ozjohn. View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozjohn. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 5:46pm
I have the feeling that Albert has directly or indirectly,  saved many lives.

OJ
Scout Motto:- "BE PREPARED"
TxCowboy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TxCowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 5:54pm
Albert - THANKS!
ToniD.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 6:00pm
Thank you Komet.  Your continual support makes it worth it.  The members that we have here are truly a good bunch of people.  

You're right about another thing as well.  We're all going to do this together.  

Also, tell your girlfriend not to worry. Tell her to have faith and to keep pushing forward.  Everything will be fine.   Didn't you hear???  You're riding first class on The Ark.   Big smile

Tell her to hang in there.    

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 6:02pm
wow.   I appreciate the support.   Thank you.

pugmom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pugmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 6:57pm
this forum has become like an old friend to me, and I know, to all the rest of the good people on here.  it is also our lifeline.  Thankyou Albert--this forum is truly phenomenal. 
jpc
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 7:45pm
Albert,  I don't know how you keep your spirts up when you get someone as awful as Rodias.  Cry

I try so hard to be polite especially to those that are so rude...Hoping kindness will embarrass them to do the same.

It's not easy.  I by nature am not all that nice, but I do represent a small part of this forum and believe in some small way I am part of something bigger and have a responsibility to try and let as many people know about the up coming pandemic.   

Thanks for not giving up when things have gotten so bad.

I only wish I could count for you all the people that will live because of this forum.  It's not just the members but the people they reach out to, and so on and so on.

Thanks for hanging in there.Wink

detpat View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 7:53pm
  great forum guy, i visit a lot of them but i don't hang around many for long.  any support i can give, just ask.
  pat
never underestimate the power of human stupidity
Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 7:57pm
  Albert thanks for all that you have done for our group, because   of you and this forum, I am just about ready to face any emergency  be it bird flu or whatever.  I could not have made the necessary preparation without the great advice from everyone here. 
TrishaA View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrishaA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 8:03pm

Albert.....you obviously devote an enormous amount of time to the forum.  I hope that it still allows you to enjoy your own personal life. Having a place like this to come to has turned fear and confusion into action and preparation. For that I thank you and all of the terrific people who give of themselves........And Albert, you are always inquiring about our well being,  so let me ask you.... How are you doing?
looking for blue skies in a dust storm
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 8:51pm
Honestly, after the comments on this thread, I'm the lucky one, trust me. I truly value the opinions of the members here, more than you will probably ever understand. Admins feel responsible for their members. This situation has taken things to a whole new level lol.

Trisha, I'm doing good. I appreciate your sincere and kind nature. Thanks

Elizabeth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 8:51pm
Albert, this board is the best bird flu info board that I have seen, and I've been following the spread of H5N1 for abouit 3 years now.  Keep up the great work and please just keep doing what you are doing with any stray trolls that come on.  We don't need them, but we do need this board and it's integrity.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 9:39pm
Albert, I kind of stumbled on this board by accident, desperately looking for info. I was frightened and confused and felt completely overwhelmed.
After sticking around for a few months, I feel much calmer, I'm pretty well prepared and I've found an extended family here.
All thanks to the efforts of Albert!!
How can you say thank you??

From the bottom of my heart.
Heart
roxy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 10:03pm
Albert, what can I say, it's all been said by the posts above, DITTO, good luck in your new venture,  roxy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 10:15pm
This is a unique forum, Albert.  I think you really have acheived your goal of creating a caring environment. Furthermore, one can sense the commitment here of members to be a "part of the solution."  We're not only preparing, we're becoming more involved our world.  It's a good feeling.  Thanks so much!Big smile 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 10:25pm
this is a great forum and i feel among friends here
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 12:54am
Albert,

I found this forum perhaps a month or so ago, perhaps two months. In that time, i have learned much from everyone here, and have tried to give some of what i know back to others. This place is wonderful for the exchange of ideas and support.

Keep up the good work!
NZ er View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 2:18am
Albert,
      When I first came upon this site (in the beginnings) I watched and read for many months before joining up and becomming involved. Shortly after I did this, I became pretty unnerved over the inital upsets(Albert refers to) and some visiting troll attacks that I vowed to leave. However, I  did check in from time to time and it became very clear that Albert took no nonsense and did not back down in his effort to clear and sort the 'glitches' in the forum ... I returned. I just wanted everyone to know that we have a really GREAT group here and if visiting trolls upset and cause trouble in the future you can count on Albert to fix it up. Dont just take off like I did, as what Albert has created here is the fantastic opportunity for all that visit to become informed, prepared, involved if they so wish and able to help and support each other, including all of those others we reach out to. This is truly a wonderful gift that Albert initiated... to be shared by us..THANKS Albert  Thumbs Up
Land of the Long White Cloud
MickiD View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickiD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 5:17am

Thanks for a great forum Albert...   I've learned so much in the last few months! 

You have truly been a life saver for our family!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clap

pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 5:40am
when i first heard about avian influenza i didnt know any thing about it ,it was off my radar,in finding this site i got informed, albert and the posting members created a balanced and solid information base. i do believe if one life is saved by having been mentaly or phiysicly prepared,or even warned ,than a very good thing has been done......my family is much more prepared for,bf,hurricanes,or a national emergency,we are a little more self reliant...i wish i could post helpfull info but you all beat me to it :)....i am just one of many im sure who would like to thank this forum for all you are doing
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 6:13am
I, too am a recent participate of this forum and have never even participated in any forum at all, so this site is a very big deal to me personally. I was terrified when I first started reading about BF,  and all of ya'll have  helped me thru the stages, helped inform my loved ones (they think I am crazy, of course) but ya'll have given me vital life saving information that I would not be able to obtain anywhere else, believe me I have llooked, Thank you Albert for being a true leader in every sense of the word, ridding our little word of trolls and boogeymen. Thank you fellow members for all the sage wisdom, practical advice, and just good ole talk about an upcoming and imment situation that will affect all of our lives. I am a calmer person now that I was 2 months ago, I am most certainly a better prepped person and I appreciate each and every day now more that I ever have in all of my 50 years on being on this great planet Earth
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:26am
Simply amazing.... I just don't know what to say.   Thank you.   

This forum is very unique in the way that people seem to care for one another.  You won't see this sort of thing on other forums.  You, our current group of members, is a group that a lot of people can learn things from in life, aside from prepping lol.           

Thanks again. 

Smile   
Eagles Dancing View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eagles Dancing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 8:05am

Well Albert ya' know we have a little history between us and the fact that you allowed me and  the others to still bring our personal views to the table regarding our faith in God has been wonderful.

I think many people need to prepare their family's food sources as well as their spiritual needs.

If the worse happens to some of us and some pass on, it will be comforting to know that they have made to choice to trust God and were prepared to go to their eternal homes in Heaven.

Some have jumped on me with both boots regarding my statements.  Well it was upsetting but hey we all have different thoughts and concerns.  As long as we can agree to disagree and remain civil to each other, our forum will continue. 

Just like a big family, sometimes there are fights, but we all continue to support each other no matter what was in the past.

Thank you Albert for you insight and valued time that you share with us all to make this all work out.  Keep up the good work my friend.

God's got his hand on you and by helping others you will have a pretty cool place waiting for you when your time here is through.  The ones who go before you will be waiting with open arms to greet you in Heaven when your time here is over.

I'll be the one with the rubber chickens, raincoat, and mask standing over to the by the side. (joke from a previous post)  LOL

Hug
As for me and my house, we shall trust the Lord.
KOMET163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOMET163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 8:08am
Albert,

We are all blessed to have  your leadership. We have no choice but to go on in our lives.  I have a feeling that  you are going to save more lives. Yes, you  Albert. From now on you shpuld be refered to as albert the great. 

I  hope that you realize the numbers of people that you have saved and  assisted. 

thanks

KOMET163

He who laughs last laughs hardest.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 8:54am
Albert,
   Thank you so much for all you have done.
I first learned of the possible severity of this pandemic flu from Oprah. Three things DR. Osterman said really hit me hard. He has food stored for 3 months. The severity of a possible Pandemic flu like the one in 1918. The fact that there have always been many diseases that have killed millions and it could be at any time maybe this year or ten years from now, but there will be another one!!!!
Take this knowledge along with what the Bible says and add in the fact that there are so many people on the earth now, plus we no longer grow our own food, but everything we use is coming from all over the world.etc.,ect., etc., and you have devistation like we hace never known!!! Especially if you add in the earthquakes and all the other natural disasters. WHEW!!!
I said all that to say this. You have done one heck of a good job and probably saved at least 30 people in my family alone. (Plus the ones I may help in the community.) I could not have been this prepared without the work you have done and the input of all of you who have added so much!!! There is peace with being prepared and I thank you all for showing me that.

May God bless you all.
AuntBones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 4:52pm
Albert I thank you for this site and all your hard work. The members in here post great information that I believe, will save lives!
starfire View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 10:43pm
Thanks Albert...for giving us direction and some piece of mind.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 11:43pm
Thank you Albert, You have done a great service for the world. Member contributions  not only keep us up on what is really happening, but have saved me countless dollars, time and effort on preps. I hope to keep learning. I certainly would not be as prepared as I am for the next disaster had you not started the train. I hope people realize that what we save now will be replaced on the self for someone who gets in a panic situation thus avoiding some early shortage.
My hope is the forum will stand and if or when an emergency is over we call all find our way back for "roll call"!
Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
And good luck to all!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 7:14am
wow.   Thank you again for the support.  I don't think that I deserve all of this, but I will take it lol. 

Maysday, when everything is over, of course we will have a final roll call.  

Smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 7:18am
I am hoping when this is over and the emergency is  long gone, we can just have a forum of whatever with this same group of people.   The subject matter is so dismal, but the company it keeps on this forum is awesome.
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 1:12pm
Albert: I want to join with the others to thank you so much for all you've done. I also want to thank you in advance for all that you will do, because I know you won't stop until it's time to stop. I count on that. I can take that to the bank. And I can and do appreciate you for being "you". No one else could have done this. D
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 1:57pm
Evergreen, thank you for the kind words.      Smile
Fastcard View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fastcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 2:18pm
Thanks, Albert !

rule # 1 to forum users. do not react to trolls,  hit report button! I would have this running as a banner or something like it. the last one (Rovias) I almost could not contain myself from replying.....thanks again Albert.

I think that on this forum we ought to have an Albert fund. I would  like to know what you need Albert, is there anything we can do for you as a group, Albert do  not be afraid to ask.
This forum is our lifeline in a way........Thanks,  Paul M.

A Bible verse that is just perfect...... for the situation.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 3:05pm

Thanks Fastcard.   You guys have done more than enough.  The support on this thread is far more than I deserve.  I'm sure you know by now that I could never accept money.  Again, and as funny as it may sound,  the kind offer itself means more to me than any money.  Smile

Gexydaf View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gexydaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 5:34pm

Albert,  The others speak my mind.  Even if the Avian Flu never turns into a pandemic, the skills we have all learned on this forum will hold us in good stead for any catastrophe.  And our level of confidence to deal with problems ourselves has increase tremendously.  It is a good feeling. Thank-you.   Here are some flowers for your hard work!.

Go to fullsize image

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 6:46pm
gexydaf, nice arrangement, thanks.  LOL

Carla, this ship no longer forgives trespasses. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 7:02pm
Albert,
Definately a hero. Wonderful foresight! And the guts to go forward despite the rough times. Three cheers for the Ark!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 7:14pm

Dear Albert , I wish to add my thanks to you and this forum .
                          Some years ago I was surfing alone and got myself into trouble after what seemed hours of fighting the waves on my own I went into panic and gave up knew I could not fight this rip on my own . While I was going under all these smileing faces were in my head all the people I loved and counted on me . That gave me the power to come up through the depths throw myself onto my back and float . I floated with a smile on my face for ages until a surf rescue helecopter dragged me out .
                           Five years ago started reading about Bird Flu , stumbled across it , two years ago started mentioning it in conversation to people I knew , well your've all been there. Well that same on your own panic was setting in , this time it was a million times worse as I had to keep my little people afloat and safe . You and your forum and all the research and time and caring and planing and guidence on preping have saved us .
                             I feel I have had choices , I am still on my own but I know I am with many . Thankyou  Albert .
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 8:17pm
Thank you SF.

Candles, life seems to have a funny way of prepping us for future events.  You faced death during your surfing accident and it sounds like you did just fine.  

Should a pandemic begin, you will be far from being on your own.   We are all going to go through it from beginning to end, together. 
liilac View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liilac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 6:12am
What a lot of lovely thank yous to Albert.And doesnt he deserve them!!may I add mine.I have looked on this site just about every single day for the last 4 months and have learnt so much.I have printed off literally stacks of infomation and have been trying to catalogue them.One pile to keep as a history of the events unfolding,another pile for food preps,another for medicinal preps and another for handouts to anyone who may be interested in prepping in a hurry.
Thank you Albert and to all you contributors too.
liilac
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic