Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Brief history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 6:53am
Albert,
 I too want to add my thanks for your creation of this forum. I can't tell you how much it meant to me when I found this forum. I had recently become aware of AI, there was absolutely no news on it which is how I came to find AFT and at the same period in my life, I inherited an 18 month old grandson so I was nearly nuts. I was absolutely terrified when I got here, but the steadiness of the people and the constant updates of news with verifiable links and commentary by knowledgeable persons so that it was understandable made me calm down, learn how to prep with knowledge and determination. I am oh so happy that this was the first (and only) forum I came across. Talk about great luck. Anyway, I am rambling, but this forum is truly the place to find sanity in in insane situation. We do have a family here, we meet and learn from each other. That creates a bond that is very strong. You have helped more people than you will ever know Albert, so my thanks again to you. Jo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 7:41am
Well done Albert.  Thank you for bringing all of us up to speed on your start.  I haven't been around to long and I am glad to know how you began!  Hugs and blessings to you!ClapHug
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 10:02am
Wow, I haven’t had time to read and post for a few days and look what I’ve been missing out on!

I’d like to add my thanks as well. I found this forum in February, when I searched the web for information about AI. I can remember the panic stricken feeling when I learned more and more, and being so overwhelmed with all the aspects of preparing for this threat that I just read and read and read, till early in the mornings sometimes. I had this sense of urgency like a stone in my stomach.

Now, so many months later, I feel much more at ease and we are much more prepared (for any disaster), thanks to this forum. The fear for my family (especially my 3 young children) is still there at times, but this forum, all the information (I learned SO much), the help, the care for each other, have been tremendous! Thank you Albert, for providing this forum for us, and for all the work and time you put into maintaining it. I am very grateful to you.

Knowing there is a forum where I can go to, where members post the latest news, analyze and discuss it, every single day, makes me feel like having more of a grasp on things, that we’re not entirely at the mercy of others to let us know what is going on. Thank you ALL for this collaboration and all your efforts!

Albert, I hope you can get a glimpse of what you have done in people’s lives by having this forum, I know you will never really know how much. Thank you.

Grace

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 10:44am
Very nice....   Like I said, I feel like the fortunate one.

Thanks again.

Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 1:43pm
This is a great board Albert. Pretty much the best I have seen online. And it has stood the test of some strange people coming in and out. I dropped you a line about this and wondered if you could maybe make a comment on the  change eliminating the state coordinators. I know I was puzzled when I couldn't find anymore regional posts to my friends in West Virginia after posting the governments meeting and planning for our state. It's still  a great place to read post info, just curious about the change?

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 2:05pm
You are still a Coord on PandemicHelp.org.  If your profile has not been updated properly on PHO,  let me know and I can take care of it.   Since we don't have any state forums over here on AFT, we changed the Coords to Senior Advisors. 

TCharley300 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCharley300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 3:03pm
Nice job Albert. I had used many other links to get the necessary information, probably 30 in all, but this forum is more or less the Wal-Mart of the information areas. I'd like to do more, but I'm very tied with an aging mother. I'm completely by myself in her care.  She is 86 and is very aware of the bird flu situation. it's strange how the mind works, but she's keen on this one.
TCharley 300
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 3:11pm
Hi TCharley300.  These are indeed difficult times.  Email me when you get the chance at Albertaft@aol.com

Thanks.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 4:03pm

Albert,

Doubt I can come up with anything original to say so I will just echo the others.  Great job, the board is invaluable.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 4:12pm
Oh Albert,

I sent you an e-mail and I am sure you receive MANY, but my curiousity is waiting on a response Tongue
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

You are still a Coord on PandemicHelp.org.  If your profile has not been updated properly on PHO,  let me know and I can take care of it.   Since we don't have any state forums over here on AFT, we changed the Coords to Senior Advisors. 

Thanks Albert. I am still searching on the matter I wrote you about. It is nowhere on the net. At least to regular search engines. But possibly I can find it by using a custom crawler which bypasses normal search engines and is not filtered by them.  Nothing more than a hand written crawler.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 4:59pm
Medclinician, that's fine.  Things can be difficult to relocate when it comes to avian flu and the internet lol.

Chloe- I did not receive your email.   Try to resend it to AlbertAFT@aol.com
Also, thank you for your nice comment.   Smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 7:19am
Remember the movie  "Pass It On" Well thanks to Albert  thousands of people are being helped in many ways.  Albert is the Mother Teresa of the bird flu.  In the short and long run the world will be a better place with Albert here.

Because of Albert we are not afraid of talking to others about prepping.

Because of Albert we are up to date with information.

Because of Albert  a lot of us are helping in our communities.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic