Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Helpful Books and Manuals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Helpful Books and Manuals
    Posted: July 09 2006 at 1:01am
Hello all,

I'll admit to being something of a dedicated web surfer, always looking for books and such to download, and so I've collected a decent library of survival and how-to type books and manuals.

I've decided to post on my own web site, a list of what i have available. To be honest, I thought i had far less that what I actually do, so the first link will be a partial list, covering some general documents, various weapons manufacturers, and a list of USAF, and US Army manuals in my collection. Most are PDF format, and either RAR or ZIP files.

Have a look at the list, and if you see something that interests you, well, there's a mail to link at the bottom of the page. As more of my library get's sorted, i'll post updates to this thread.

Update:4/16/2007
Hard Drive crashed recently. Lost all these books. Would kill this post if i could.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 10:43am
I know I posted this elsewhere, but I found a set of cookbooks that are based around canned foods.  They are discount at Sam's for $8-$9 each. 

I have 'A MAN, A CAN, A PLAN"  and I'm going to purchase "A MAN, A CAN, A MICROWAVE" the next time I'm at Sams.

Cool Prepper Cookbooks if ever there were!

-----------------

Fiction -- went to your website.  Dude you're scaring me here.  Are you supplying manuals to your own personal army?  "Jungle Ops"??? In the USA???  Maybe I'm too much of a city gal at heart but I'm not sure where you're going to use that.

On the other side, only two cooking/courses/books???  Yikes!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 12:58pm
Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you with that one. Not sure where i would use it either. I scan newsgroups for books and such and downloaded a whole lot of them recently. Most were RAR files that when uncompressed had that manual among others.

Then again, some of those manuals i've read through so that my stories have more of a sense of realism...

Cookbooks...haven't finished compiling the list yet, but i do know i have more than two cookbooks :D

And in case anyone else is curious, NO, i am NOT selling these books. No money whatsoever will change hands. Just offering them up for INFORMATIONAL purposes only. So, please don't sue me :)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 4:48pm
Ok. I've made a few changes to that list. Took out all of the books related to combat/intelligence operations, as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be relevant? here.
Have put up a second list of documents...this time from Defense and Energy Depts.

The two books at the end of the list, well, i'd guess they're pretty good to have around. In my humblest of opinions, that is.
Pfwag View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pfwag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 8:10pm
Fiction writer,

Basic Airframe Repair and Basic Aerodynamics? 

I think you mean:

• Preparation and Serving of Special Food Items
  • Food Preparation I
  • Could you send those two to me along with the Glock 22 manual?

I wrote the BF report posted on www.arielco.us   A number of people have told me it is one of the best they have seen.  Still needs some work towards the end though.  If you want it I'll send it to you in WORD so you can get all the proper formatting.  I am also writing two other reports: Colloidal silver - Info, Buying and Making  as well as  Bird Flu - what to do.  I can also send those to you when I'm finished as well.  Both are over 100 pages.  Maybe a month.  

Care for my list of links questioning Tamiflu's effectiveness?

PFWAG

Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 9:46pm
    Originally posted by Pfwag Pfwag wrote:

Fiction writer,

Basic Airframe Repair and Basic Aerodynamics? 

I think you mean:

• Preparation and Serving of Special Food Items
  • Food Preparation I
  • Could you send those two to me along with the Glock 22 manual?

I wrote the BF report posted on  *******.us A number of people have told me it is one of the best they have seen.  Still needs some work towards the end though.  If you want it I'll send it to you in WORD so you can get all the proper formatting.  I am also writing two other reports: Colloidal silver - Info, Buying and Making  as well as  Bird Flu - what to do.  I can also send those to you when I'm finished as well.  Both are over 100 pages.  Maybe a month.  

Care for my list of links questioning Tamiflu's effectiveness?

PFWAG

Alot of excellent information!  Thank you so much Peter!  Clap
    starfire View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:55pm
    Fiction writer ..I looked at your list..WOW..they may all come in handy ..who knows what tomorrow will bring...
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 2:42am
    This is true. I guess it will depend on just how many people die as a result of the BF, and how many of those who die that have a skill that is not easily replaceable. A morbid thought, but a realistic one maybe
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 6:41am
    FictionWriter,
    Thanks again! Jo
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic