Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Prep help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prep help
    Posted: July 11 2006 at 1:56pm

We currently have $72.00 in the AFT account.   It's not much, but it's something.  I will put in another $200.00 of my own money.  That would bring us up to $272.00. 

Just an idea, but if everybody puts in $25.00 - $50.00 each, then we can forward it to the members who need a little extra help.  Since I'm pressed for time, we will have to use Paypal for this project.  The wiring process through Paypal is streamlined and it's very easy to use.  As soon as we receive the money, we immediately wire it out.  No waiting.  

We need to be sure to protect the identity of the recipients so if you contribute to this,  I will tell you by email who your money went to, if you need to know. 

And last - if you have to scrape the $25.00 together to wire it in,  do me a favor, please keep your money.  I know who most of the people are here who need money, so if you try to send money in yourself, it won't be accepted.   It will also be time consuming for me to do refunds so please don't send it.   

If you're interested, use Paypal and send it to:  donate@avianflutalk.com

This prep drive will end on Friday 7/21.

Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 2:08pm

Albert, Count me in...Since I am not yet familiar with paypal I will have my daughter set up an account..... ......In those famous words   " I'll Be back"      Hope this project goes well
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 2:19pm
Thanks Mary, we will list the people who contribute on the banner. 

Thanks.

Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 2:41pm

I signed up for paypal just now, I now need to wait a couple of days  ..so  will be back to ya then......I am so new to this stuff, my kids  are quite entertained by it all.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 2:56pm
Mary, take your time.   

And tell your kids the best is yet to come.     LOL
Samoa View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 5:32pm
People overseas (well, in Samoa, at least) can't use Paypal.  Any suggestions for us? 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 7:20pm
HugThank you Albert for doing this........and can I be the first to post here and thank all of you who donateHug. You should be called the AFT ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!Star
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 7:29pm
Samoa, you can mail it in if you like.   Don't worry about it if you can't do anything until next time.

90% of the forum members can't afford to contribute anything.  So for the most part, I'm really not expecting anybody to put anything in.  This is just to see if we can scrape together a few extra bucks for people.  Everyone here is fairly broke so I'm not expecting much to happen.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 7:49pm
Quite frankly, life is too short to just sit on the sidelines and not try to help.    
NoisyJoey View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoisyJoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 8:29pm
Albert, thank you so much for all the effort you've been making to try to help people. You're a good man! And a big thank you to all those who donate...
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 9:51pm
Can you post the email address for this board that the money should be put in? I would rather go directly my Paypal account and send it from there (I feel kind of funny about hitting the button here and putting in my password, cause I am so used to doing it the other way, and I am a bit paranoid right now, since DH was one of those with VA compromised imformation recently). I didn't know if it was set up in your email account or if there is a seperate one for the board. You can email it to me if you don't want to post it. Thanks!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 9:57pm
The email address is Donate@avianflutalk.com

Thanks.

roxy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 10:00pm
Albert would love to help, but need to prep  for family and extended family. and my son is getting married. good luck  roxy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 4:48am
Some people might prefer to get extra food to donate locally when the time comes.  Just a thought.  Beth
bjregg View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjregg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 4:59am
Albert,
I sent a small donation through Paypal, however they stated that the account at donate@avianflutalk was not set up as yet.  They stated that they would email re: the donation.  I hope this works or who knows where the money will go.  Best of luck.  bjregg
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 5:46am
bjregg, the account is working fine.  I noticed that that you left off the ".com" on the above email address. I'm not sure if that might be the problem, but it's working fine.

We have received 3 donations so far:  2 x $25.00 and 1 x $10.00

bjregg, I apologize for the problems, but sign on to your PayPal account and try to re-send it.   Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks again for the help.

bjregg View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjregg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 7:42am
Albert,
Success........bjregg
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 9:05am
Got it.  Thanks.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 10:03am
Sending all of you a HUGE HUG just to say thank you! 
Blessings!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 11:35am
 Im a little speechless right now.Thank you all and know that it goes towards preps for my 3yr. old and 6mo. old sons.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 12:00pm
I will list who gave money up on the banner later today.  We have received a total of $85.00 so far, but every little bit counts.  Giving $10.00 - $25.00 is a lot for some people.  Giving $25.00 feels like a huge amount when you don't have that much to give lol.  Anyone who donates ANY amount  should really be commended.  

The people who have donated - your money has already been distributed. 
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 7:05pm
bargie34 also added $100.00.      Smile
bjregg View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjregg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 4:13am

Albert,

Do we still have members that need help with financing preps?  If so, I will try to raise some more dollars.  bj

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 6:54am
bj, we topped off at $185.00.  I don't think that it's going to work.  I would say go ahead and keep your money for right now.  We appreciate the generosity.  Now, if you happen see a post in which you notice that the member is struggling financially to buy preps, then you can always make a direct contribution to the person via PayPal.  You can send the donation to us and then just tell us who you want it to go to.  The person gets 100% of the money within 24 hours.  Charity organizations could learn a thing or two from us.  No salaries, no overhead, no red tape, no delays, etc ...    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic