Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Preparing beyond the food

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 5:38pm
Apologies!
Deleted my own post. Didn't like it.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 6:25pm
Nevermind
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Jehovahson Jehovahson wrote:

, I think must people on this site would be very disappointed if the H5N1 where now to disappear totally, as I notice the excitiment on this site when the H5N1 gets nearer to the dangerous thing "that we don`t want"     roll on the bird flu.

I hope in 30 years i am having a cold beer with friends and family laughing at myself for putting away so much food and water and spending so much time on this forum.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 6:27pm

nevermind part 2

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by wolfgang2000 wolfgang2000 wrote:

HappyCamper, thanks for a very good post.  I like the way you think. 

For Y2K my church was ready with a soup type kitchen.  It would have only been Red bean and rice, (kidney bean to you Yankee types Big smile)  but it would have been food and a opportunity to witness.  Since Y2K turned into a non issue we donated the food to the local food bank.

I would like to do the same thing for the bird flu.  I just have to deal with the contamination issue.

I have stored rice and beans for neighbors and about 500 sandwich bags to put them in and through them out the window to people that are hungry.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 6:39pm
Mach:

I never thought about how I was going to give them the food...Sandwich bags are a good clean way...The boxes of Mac and cheese was easy..

Great thought. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 8:35pm
Boy did I miss alot....glad I was out shopping for my "last minute" stuff.........Shocked
matthew24:7 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthew24:7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 9:38pm
So, what has anyone done beyond the food prep? Since I/m brand new, I've got some catching up to do. Thanks....
and there shall be famines and pestilences...after the tribulation of those days shall appear the sign of the Son of man....
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 10:07pm
Nice post Happy Camper. You make a valid point about being able to live with yourself. How much is life worth living if you sacrifice your humanity?
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 2:30am
Thanks happy camper, I espcially like your post.

People didn't go out killing each other in 1918, and I don't think it will happen today. There will be the ussual criminal element that will ne undetered and will need to be delt with, but they won't be your neighbors looking to feed their kids.
bellabecky View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 3:17am

I don't think the scenario that Johovahson initially posted is too likely to occur. I don't think children will be going door to door asking for food. I imagine their parents are the ones we will have to deal with. I will deal with them with as much generosity as I am able. However, my children will forever come first for/to me.

Also, some are saying that they will eat or donate their preps if BF does not come to pass. I think I am going to try my best to keep rotating, and keep my preps up. There are lots of people and groups that have stored supplies at all times. Lots of events, caused by nature and/or man, out there that make it seem reasonable to me. I'll eat and/or donate preps as I rotate.

Anyone else considering keeping up their supplies/preps as common practice?
"IN THE BEGINNING OF A CHANGE THE PATRIOT IS A SCARCE MAN, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot. Mark Twain, 1904
mamasjob View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 3:53am
Dear Bella~ 
 Yes, my plan is to rotate my prep stash..:)  Most of what I purchased were items which I use regularly.  Only about a quarter is "unusual" items....ie: dried foods.  Perhaps, I will donate those items to a shelter...if they are not being used in a timely fashion.

The only items that will be more likely to go unused....would be the masks.  Although, I am sure I can find a good source to donate them to...or if their shelf life is substantial...I will hang onto them for other purposes.

I know we will use all of my daughter's diabetic supplies...and I am going to extend my prepping with these items...just too vital not to keep 6 months worth stocked.

Sincerely, JD

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 5:01am
Originally posted by mach mach wrote:

I have stored rice and beans for neighbors and about 500 sandwich bags to put them in and through them out the window to people that are hungry.

Mach,

Did you ever feed pidgeons or the squirrels in your yard?  Once you do they are freinds for life and you'll never get rid of them!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 9:57am
My question is....

Why isn't Jehovason outta here as fast as the member who wanted to start a chat room?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Cruiser Cruiser wrote:

Mach,

Did you ever feed pidgeons or the squirrels in your yard?  Once you do they are freinds for life and you'll never get rid of them!

I understand the risks, but they are my neighbors. When the stored food to hand out runs out, they either understand or they don't. if they don't, I have preps for that too.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 1:34pm
Jehovahson - I hope you'll not becme too upset over replies to your thread. I think I speak for most of us on this: I hope you'll stay around and help by giving positive input and gaining invaluable information regarding your own preps. This threat of H5 is a very serious danger to all of us and it is my sincerest wish that it would go away and if not everyone will be prepared to ride the storm out. Be safe Jehovahson Hug
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 3:10pm

Originally posted by Cruiser Cruiser wrote:

Mach,

I understand the risks, but they are my neighbors. When the stored food to hand out runs out, they either understand or they don't. if they don't, I have preps for that too.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Jehovahson Jehovahson wrote:

"I told you so"? crystal,  what I said about  preparing beyond the food part, is now being repeated, as you have just made my point by saying " anyone who would be disappointed if the BF didn't materialize would be someone who has no clue as to what it could do to our civilization".
I don`t think anyone on this site will say "I told you so" because the internet itself will close down, our civilization will close down with it.
back to my first point again, are we really prepared for this?

This is just my 2 cents worth, BUT since YOU chose the screen name JEHOVASON, are you a believer (I think not) or a disbeliever (I think so) in the power of Jehova God? Do you know of the miracle of the loaves and fishes? How can you dare to speak as you have to the people who have stated that they will share what they have? IF you had any inclination towards the name you use, I do not believe you would be so arrogant.

Main Entry: in·cli·na·tion
Pronunciation: "in-kl&-'nA-sh&n, "i[ng]-
Function: noun
1 natural disposition : CHARACTER b : a particular disposition of mind or character
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 6:19pm
Jo: this thread started off even worse and Albert, bless his heart, edited it. I have avoided it ever since, until now.

You mention the loaves and fishes. I still believe in miracles. God will not abandon us, He will provide a way out to those who turn to Him. That way out may not be what we expect or pray for, but God in His wisdom will provide. Thank you for mentioning that particular miracle most of all.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthew24:7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 9:13pm
Hi everyone....

As the new one on this forum board, I'm behind on the topics. I've posted a reply about this similar topic under " So what have you done to prepare" It would also fit in with this topic of beyond the food prep. If you would care to read and post a reply in here or there that would be great. If I don't get any replies over there I guess I can retype it here. Thanks....I just posted it today, the 22nd.
and there shall be famines and pestilences...after the tribulation of those days shall appear the sign of the Son of man....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 5:18am
Originally posted by standingfirm standingfirm wrote:

Jo: this thread started off even worse and Albert, bless his heart, edited it. I have avoided it ever since, until now.

You mention the loaves and fishes. I still believe in miracles. God will not abandon us, He will provide a way out to those who turn to Him. That way out may not be what we expect or pray for, but God in His wisdom will provide. Thank you for mentioning that particular miracle most of all.

Standingfirm,
I believe in miracles, have experienced miracles and I know that if I prepare to the best of my ability, HE will be there to guide me in whatever way he deems to be right. I do not even posess the power to guide my own footsteps, so I credit Him with my journey here.
 I am not a loud person when it comes to God, because it's personal. But I cannot stand aside and watch someone castigate the people who are trying to follow a decent moral standard.
These are the people who will help other and make survival less of a soul scorching ordeal. Jo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 5:20am
Originally posted by matthew24:7 matthew24:7 wrote:

Hi everyone....

As the new one on this forum board, I'm behind on the topics. I've posted a reply about this similar topic under " So what have you done to prepare" It would also fit in with this topic of beyond the food prep. If you would care to read and post a reply in here or there that would be great. If I don't get any replies over there I guess I can retype it here. Thanks....I just posted it today, the 22nd.

Hello matthew24:7, welcome to the forum. I will look for the thread. Jo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 9:53am
Hi Mathew: Welcome and I will also look for the thread...Good luck and looking forward to your post in the future...

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 12:42pm
This is just my 2 cents worth, BUT since YOU chose the screen name JEHOVASON, are you a believer (I think not) or a disbeliever (I think so) in the power of Jehova God? Do you know of the miracle of the loaves and fishes? How can you dare to speak as you have to the people who have stated that they will share what they have? IF you had any inclination towards the name you use, I do not believe you would be so arrogant.
(Jehovahson-quote)
jo007athome You should have made it 3 cents worth, then you may have got God`s name right, it spells Jehovah with an h, .
Why are you so bitter in what I say, do you fear that any  miracles that you speak of may not apply to people like you. You judge me just like you judge God, do you think that God would set you up, so that He would do all your work for you.   Miracles are not for your kind, you lack the love of God, and you are only wise to fools.
Will you be one of the unwise in Matthew 24, who could not even provide for his own family when the time comes, because it looks to me that you want God to your work for you "miracle person" that you claim to be. Lazy people will believe in miracles if it suits there lack of true works.  Works without faith is dead (quote)

OOPS, gee I did miss the H, but thats all I missed. I pegged you correctly. You will be known by the fruit that you bear, tearing people down for wanting to help others during a crisis is not a fruit of Jehovah. I have been blessed many times in this life thus far to have witnessed devine intervention and as far as works without faith-I'd like to know where you pulled that from. I am not bitter, far from it. You however seem to be. Maybe you should refect on some scripture and meditate with Jehovah in prayer. I will pray for you. Jo
Jehovahson View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehovahson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 1:26pm
jo007athome I don`t know what you are getting at, but if this is some sort of thing against God`s name, beware God will not be mocked, you don`t seem to know right from wrong, I did not even try to imply what you are saying " tearing people down for wanting to help others during a crisis."
It was a simple judgement to help others who work hard and believe in perparing for the GOOD of their OWN Household, their own little children.
What You want is the wise ones who love their own children to end up dead along with the unbelieving fools of this evil world.
You speak like a devil to kill of the wise.   If you keep on with your foolish words, you too will die for turning against the wisdom of God
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 1:35pm
The Beattitudes

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven
Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted
Blessed are the meek,
for that shall possess the earth
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice
for they shall be satisfied
Blessed are the merciful
for they shall obtain mercy
Blessed are the clean of heart,
for they shall see God
Blessed are the peacemakers
for they shall be called children of God
Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice sake,
for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven
Blessed are you when men reproach you, and
persecute you, and
speaking falsely, say all manner of evil against you,
for my sake.

Jehovason: blessed are the merciful. Showing mercy does not mean showing mercy to just your family. Our God is much, much bigger than that!
He is who creates life, who holds it and who takes it when the time comes. If it is your time it is best to be found showing mercy to all He brings in your path.

jo: Please have peace as we go forward into the unknown. I am with you sister as He is with us all.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthew24:7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 1:44pm
To Jo....

Regarding Jehovahson quote regarding "faith without works is dead" it came out of the book of James chapter 2 verse 17 & 26. It is always good to keep the balance with scripture and Ephesians 2: verse 8-10 does just that.  I would presume that maybe he is a Jehovahs Witness, just so that you will know where he is coming from. If you're not familar with their end time doctrines, I'm sure he would be glad to fill you in, maybe by separate email or another forum topic. Hope that helps some.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 2:19pm
There is the perfect AFT Forum for that conversation located at http://www.religiondiscussion.com/

We have had many a lively conversation there!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 2:34pm
matthew24:7,
I study with Jehovahs witnesses and they would never say the things that Jehovahson is saying.I am very familiar with the scripture of works without faith, I just couldn't see why it was being referenced. As for the name of God, well I am not the one saying things that go against scripture under the Screenname with gods name in it. Mockery? not me. There is no glory in helping people that you love because it is expected of you, it is when you help those whom you have no kinship with that the glory is present.

To quote Jehovahson:
To really survive you will have to be very hard and unkind. You cannot afford to help even the sweetest child who is crying for a bit of food.  If you help one little child you are just as well to throwing out all your hard saved up food to the little child`s brothers and sisters.  Putting food away is one thing, but keeping it away when the evil times come, will be another story.
You will have to judge between your right to life above a little child`s right to life.
You will have to see this as a judgement between the good (the wise ones with food) and the bad (the foolish ones without food)
Your food will be your kindness, kind to your own family and no one else in this whole world.    Now how prepared do you feel.(quote).

You will never hear one of Jehovahs witnesses advocate being hard and unkind, really they teach the opposite. FYI, Jehovahs witnesses put so much faith in God that they do not put food away for tomorrow.  As far as my relationship with God, well I do not even guide my own footsteps. So this cat is not a witness, just someone with an axe to grind. Dude or Dudette, Don't grind it here.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 2:38pm
I am with Jo on this one...all the way!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by standingfirm standingfirm wrote:

I am with Jo on this one...all the way!

Approve Thanks Standingfirm!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 2:48pm
Here is what Jesus says when we think about what we should do...........

Mr 12:31
"The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these." 

Do you need to think about feeding yourself????????
"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
No greater love?????????

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 3:22pm
raptureready: how is your daughters arm? 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 4:08pm

Thank you for asking!Big smileWe go to the doctor on the 31st.....will know more then.  For now he(son) is getting quite impatient! No bike,swimming etc.Ouch

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 11:16am
Jehovahson,

I take it that like us, you've been preparing for quite some time now. But what would happen if the flu hits and through some incredible bad luck you and your wife contact it and die, leaving your small kids or grand kids alone. Is it alright with you if everyone turned their backs on your kids as you suggested, or would you hope for a kind soul to take them in?
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehovahson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 1:05pm
retiredcopper: I would put my trust in no kind soul, because all the "kind souls" will only be thinking about their own selfs when the time comes.
I think I`ll just keep to trusting in God`s word, that way I will not have to worry about whats  in His word for those who don`t put their trust  in Him.
kymom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 3:44pm
   Okay enough, I love the Lord and you all do too. Lets not let the evil one take over here.  Okay it is that simple.Approve
femvet View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by bellabecky bellabecky wrote:

I don't think the scenario that Johovahson initially posted is too likely to occur. I don't think children will be going door to door asking for food. I imagine their parents are the ones we will have to deal with. I will deal with them with as much generosity as I am able. However, my children will forever come first for/to me.

Also, some are saying that they will eat or donate their preps if BF does not come to pass. I think I am going to try my best to keep rotating, and keep my preps up. There are lots of people and groups that have stored supplies at all times. Lots of events, caused by nature and/or man, out there that make it seem reasonable to me. I'll eat and/or donate preps as I rotate.

Anyone else considering keeping up their supplies/preps as common practice?

Absolutely!! That is the whole point. After all, just when could we say that we are safe? From BF, terrorism, natural disasters etc. Why would I go to all this trouble to stock up on food, learn and practice new skills, just to say after a few months "Never mind"? I am determined to never be as dependend on the local grocery store again for the one thing I need. Much prefer to go "shopping" in my own store.
Namaste
KOMET163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOMET163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 6:21am
testing
He who laughs last laughs hardest.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by KOMET163 KOMET163 wrote:

testing

???????????????????????????Confused
lw4eternity View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lw4eternity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 1:20am
Hi I'mWink new.
  I'm glad Johovahson stated what he did, I have been trying to prepare for this ABF but I did not even think about what others could do, Yes I would help a child not worried bout that. But in my small town of 700 the probability of someone just walking in my home and taking everything is strong and community ties is short, I don't know how to prepare for that scenario. BUT thanks to Johovahson I can start trying to figure it out.
AuntBones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 6:55am
Jehovahson some people in here are prepping just to have food to save hungry children.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 7:15am
Originally posted by lw4eternity lw4eternity wrote:

Hi I'mWink new.
  I'm glad Johovahson stated what he did, I have been trying to prepare for this ABF but I did not even think about what others could do, Yes I would help a child not worried bout that. But in my small town of 700 the probability of someone just walking in my home and taking everything is strong and community ties is short, I don't know how to prepare for that scenario. BUT thanks to Johovahson I can start trying to figure it out.

Are you within 30 miles of a major city? Towns will not have manpower to set up a perimeter to keep the starving masses out. Just a point of consideration. I am glad that you are here with us and posting. Welcome.
dverkamp View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dverkamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 7:44am
Food is very important for a person's survival during a pandemic, but one must also consider the other items needed to survive such as medical/first aid kits, prescription medicines, water, and possibly an energy source (generator).
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehovahson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 8:27am
Most people on this site are  preparing by putting away food, water and other things to keep them alive.  But to survive this coming tribrilation will require a bit more than this.
To really survive you will have to be very hard and unkind. You cannot afford to help even the sweetest child who is crying for a bit of food.  If you help one little child you are just as well to throwing out all your hard saved up food to the little child`s brothers and sisters.  Putting food away is one thing, but keeping it away when the evil times come, will be another story.
You will have to judge between your right to life above a little child`s right to life.
You will have to see this as a judgement between the good (the wise ones with food) and the bad (the foolish ones without food)
Your food will be your kindness, kind to your own family and no one else in this whole world.    Now how prepared do you feel.

I have changed my mind now on the above, I will look at it from my own personal veiw without thinking of you wise food savers, since I need more than just food and water, and  having only a short time to live, unless God says differant. 
As I am very disabled with having  an genitic HCM heart condition that killed my 29 year old son only 3 months ago, my sister 3 years ago at  my age 55 years, and my father died also very suddenly from the same disease in his 50s many years ago.  I have an inplanted heart defibrillater, which I need checked every few months, I take quite a few different heart mediations, and I still cannot walk far. So for bird flu to come along I think that unless a miracle happens, I will go with the birds.
So from my new view, I wish you all to share your food and water, with all who ask you for it, (if someone asks for a loaf give them two, give them double for what they ask, someone else said that, not me.)
Since I do not expect to live too long now without a miracle,   my food will go to help the fatherless and widow as in James 1:27  as my wife and children will be.    
With a God given miracle I will help also the fatherless and the widows, as for the men, they will all be in the next all out war getting themselves killed on the battlefields,  dead men don`t  need food.
All you fit men out there get ready for war, us old and ill men will look after your widows and children for you according to God`s word in James 1:27

Kind regards to you all. David

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic