Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Can Colloidal Silver help fight this pandemic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrcoolboy15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Colloidal Silver help fight this pandemic?
    Posted: September 01 2006 at 2:24pm
I have heard from different people who say that colloidal silver if taken along with star anise, it could help your body to be strong enough to where you wouldnt be affected by this terrible "bird flu".

has anyone else heard anything like this?

thanks
jknoel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jknoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 3:09pm
I've heard of colloidal silver before.  Some people swear by it, but I would advise against it.  Silver has no biological function and it is difficutly for the body to get rid of the silver ions.  Plus, on many occasions, the silver will deposit on the skin creating a permanent grey area that can not be removed. 
The only way to grow is to take a chance.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 5:00pm
I have used it several times and I am not blue. I personally think it will help against BF and plan on having a stash of it onhand along with my other anti-BF medicines. It may not have a biological fuction, but it does help in fighting virus's.
BobFMB View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobFMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 6:21pm
I have heard of many people who swear by it. Some I know take it all the time with no apparent ill effects.  It's likely not harmful in the short term, or in reasonable quantities.  However,  Colloidal silver is a heavy metal that acts to precipitate proteins.  I wouldn't use it any more than any other metal ion.  In the past, arsenic was used as an antimicrobial with good results, but who wants to ingest poison to kill an infection?  I know some people swear by this stuff, and quote numerous scientific articles to prove their point.  I'd recc. you talk to your MD or DO first.   My apologies to naturopathic physicians and such out there.  I'm not out to cause a fight between mainstream medicine and naturopaths.  I'm not an expert  and I might be wrong. 

BobFMB View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobFMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 6:34pm
Sorry, I forgot to mention that silver does kill werewolfs.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 7:18pm

Myoclonic status epilepticus following repeated oral ingestion of colloidal silver.

Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.

The authors report a case of a 71-year-old man who developed myoclonic status epilepticus and coma after daily ingestion of colloidal silver for 4 months resulting in high levels of silver in plasma, erythrocytes, and CSF. Despite plasmapheresis, he remained in a persistent vegetative state until his death 5.5 months later. Silver products can cause irreversible neurologic toxicity associated with poor outcome.PMID: 15111684 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Argyria associated with colloidal silver supplementation.

Department of Dermatology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA.

A 65-year-old male presented for skin examination and was incidentally noted to have discoloration of the fingernails. These findings were completely asymptomatic. The patient had been taking colloidal silver supplementation (Silverzone 140 ppm silver Gifts of Nature, St. George, UT, USA) for 2 years as therapy for diabetes. He first noticed the onset of nail discoloration 1 year ago. His past medical history included type II diabetes and hypertension. His current medications were metformin, glyburide, and benazepril. Physical examination revealed slate-gray discoloration involving the lunulae of the fingernails (Fig. 1). The skin, mucous membranes, and sclerae were unaffected.PMID: 12839605 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Argyria following the use of dietary supplements containing colloidal silver protein.

Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85006, USA.

The onset of argyria following the use of dietary supplements containing colloidal silver protein is presented. The patient was using a silver-containing product for cold and allergy prophylaxis. We review the past and present medicinal roles of silver and include a differential diagnosis for argyria. The hyperpigmentation of argyria is usually permanent, and it follows a sun-exposed distribution. This case report highlights the potential for toxicity following the use of dietary supplements and demonstrates the importance of physician inquiry regarding alternative medicines. Finally, we examine the limited role of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in regulating alternative medicines marketed as dietary supplements.

Argyria in the prolonged use of adsorgan

[Article in Bulgarian]

One case of agryria is reported that developed after a long-term administration of adsorgan in a patient with dyspeptic manifestations after cholecystectomy. The developed skin syndrome -- ashen-grey discolorization of the skin of the face and bare parts of the hands and the neurological symptoms -- right monoparesis and vestibular-disturbances with clinical manifestations of chronic cholangiohepatitis, pancreatitis and gastroduodentitis -- provided considerable diagnostic difficulties. The problem of argyria is discussed as a state of intoxication in chronic use of silver-containing medicaments. The necessity of differentiating argyria by the internists is stressed upon in order to avoid it as a complication in the administration of drugs-containing silver, adsorgan resp., being applied in the physician's practice.PMID: 462932 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Argyria secondary to ingestion of homemade silver solution.

Department of Dermatology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA.

Argyria is a rare skin disease caused by cutaneous deposition of silver granules in the skin as a result of exposure to silver substrate or ingestion of silver salt. This report describes a patient with generalized argyria caused by ingestion of homemade colloidal silver solution. The patient learned about the uses of the silver solution and its preparation at a convention for "natural medicine."

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 9:19pm
Drugs kill thousands of people each year and injure many thousands more. So one report of argyria and CS is really dangerous?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 9:01am
My peer-reviewed medical literature can't argue with logic like that.

Have a nice day.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 12:57am
I don't even have to read the previous "peer reviewed" references to say that the peers did a lousy job and did not identify the particle size and probably not even the amount consumned.

You will die if you eat a couple of tubes of toothpaste or half a box of salt too.

Here are some MD peers to argue with who say that colloidal silver can not only help fight BF but CURE it:

Promising cure to URTI pandemics including the Avian flu - has the final solution to the coming plagues been discovered?

Part 1

http://www.highbeam.com/library/docfree.asp?DOCID=1G1:143164504&ctrlInfo=Round19%3AMode19b%3ADocG%3AResult&ao=

Part 2

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_273/ai_n16118925

Know any MDs saying the same for Tamiflu?

janetn View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janetn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 6:33pm
 The short answer is no. A good way to tell if a claim is valid or not is to look for independant double blind studies to back up a claim. The double blind study is the gold standard. If something does not have this all I can say is caveat emptor
jknoel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jknoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 2:05pm
It takes 1 gram per kilogram of body weight of salt to kill a person (Random fact of the day).  And silver is a relatively heavy metal with no biological function except maybe (and that's a big maybe) in some bacteria that can precipitate it out of ore.  Anectodal evidence isn't enough to prove a point here.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 5:05pm
So if the drug industry doesn't say it's good for you, then it's bad? Check out how many people die each year for "their" drugs. If natural cures killed as many people as FDA aproved drugs, people who sell natural cures would be in prision for manslaughter.
The FDA is in the pockets of the drug companies so anythings natural is bad for you.
Can't have any home cures ya know.
jknoel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jknoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 11:31am
There can be deadly side effects to anything you ingest.  It doesn't matter if it is a natural chemical or a man-made chemical.  They are all dangerous.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 9:23am
A piece from an article in Scientific America discussing hygiene in space:

Higher-tech hygiene might be possible. NASA astronauts have tried two T-shirts woven with silver thread. The metal inhibits bacterial growth. The results, though anecdotal, seem promising: the shirts "were encrusted with salt, but they did not smell," Ivins reports. Last year NASA began testing silver-laced bedsheets, blankets and other items in its Aquarius underwater habitat, off the Florida coast.

A side note:   I just used  CS  this week to get rid of my 10 year olds strep throat (which was confirmed by her doctor).   Also, most research shows that the small amount ingested does not cause harm  ....  as I recall it is something like you can take it daily for 70 years safely.

If NASA is looking into it,  then maybe we should investigate it more throughly. 

There were some posts on AFT  by pfwag  who has done extensive research about CS.  I'll try to find some of his info and post for you.  I think Albert had okayed this a while back, as long as it not a post that is promoting a particular product.
jknoel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jknoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 10:18am
Bacterial effects still mean nothing when confronted with a virus.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 7:13pm
I would have no objection to wearing silver.
I think that when something is presented as a cure all, that if it sounds too good to be true....
mooloomen View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooloomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 9:17am
Try an infusion of Khakui with Pahutakawhai leaf, mixed into green tea. You can buy these raw products at alot of good health food shops.
If first you dont succeed, you prolly aint a budgie...
jknoel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jknoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 3:42pm
what is khakui and pahutakawhai?
2ifbyC View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ifbyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 6:18pm
Just Google 'silver' & 'burns'. Disregard the commercial sites and check out the info on silver/CS. Make up your own mind. Wink

Survival does have an 'I'!

Dodging 'canes on Florida's central Gulf Coast
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic