Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

What’s the latest?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s the latest?
    Posted: September 11 2006 at 8:48am

Hope everybody had a good weekend. ....   Smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 10:24am
Hi Albert:

Work weekend.  My stepfather is dieing of cancer so my sister's family and my family did a boost your morale and yard work visit.    After getting beat by him in poker 7 hands in a row...I told him your morale is boosted enough..That was Saturday....

Sunday was harvest day...All the fruit's (Pears/Apples and butternut squash, potato's and onions were crated and put into the basement.  My husband and son moved 4 1/2 cords of wood onto our screened in patio...You can't see it from the front of the house.  There's three more cord outside that are curing and about 1 1/2 cord that still has to be split for next year. 

I'm trying to get a pressure cooker off of Ebay.  I'm not wining any bids yet. 

Wish me luck.

Thanks for askingWink
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 11:35am
great weekend, thanks for asking. Took it easy saturday and then sunday, DH and 11 yr. old and me went to a gun and knife show. First one I have ever been to, different and interesting. I walked around and  just looked, they were in hog heaven.LOL, came home and watched some football with DH. Later decided to re-arrange my storage area and actually came up with another shelf area to put stuff up on. I LOVE THE FALL, and cannot wait for it to cool down here in deep alabama. Hope everyone had a great weekend and an even better today.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 11:48am
Hi ya Albert!  As I posted in another thread I cleaned black mold out of my basement and preps,we had a very bad rainfall and got flooded. Looking forward to fall and the leaves turning and pumpkins!

How about you?Big smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 11:55am
I found out that someone wants to buy my place up here in the hills. I might be interested in selling, but really want to wait and see what happens with BF.
The guy wanting it talked to a friend of mine and said he was going to buy it without ever talking to me yet.
He has a lot of money and my friend said I could name my own price and the guy would still buy it. It is the lower section of a big open field, and my part has the best homesite that I might build on someday.
But I don't want to move till BF either happens, or goes away.
Hotair View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 11:59am
Hello all! I ordered a pressure canner and a Ball Canning cook book and am so excited. I am really looking forward to canning all our favorite soups and stews. I also took all my preps out and found more shelf space(in my son's closet) Now I know exactly what I have and the expiration dates. I just don't know where I will find room to put my canned goods. there aren't too many basements here in Ca. but I wish we had one! Sorry raptureready about your basement. I have been through a flood and it really sucks!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 3:54pm
I won the football pool so now have $25.00 for more preps!SleepyLOLLOL

GG
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 3:56pm
LOL,good going gg.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 4:09pm
Well done gg!   Maybe we could have a football pool giveaway on AFT for preps.  Although we can't gamble with money, I believe we can give away small gifts.  I haven't looked into this yet and it's just a thought. 

gg might have to give us her picks next weekend so we can all make extra prep money.... lol
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 4:16pm
Great idea Albert!  Although, I probably used up all my luck.  I even beat my DH who lives and breaths football. 

We could play for canned goods and toilet paper!LOLLOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 5:56pm
Not more football talk......"ugh"....as Charlie Brown would sayLOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 6:00pm
lovely weekend, yard work and we had our first evening fire of the season.  Thinking of pumpkin soup and decorating for fall.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 6:13pm
anharra - I'm so envious - it's still in the 90's and humid here.  Had houseguests over the weekend and it took me two hours to turn the prep room back into a guest room.  Now, my dining room looks like a storage shed.  But oh well!  Hey mountainwinds, that guy that wants to buy your house..... his last name isn't Leavitt or Woodson, is it?Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 12:05am
No, I have been sitting here trying to remember the name, but that's not it. Maybe when I get over this episode of CRS, I'll get back to ya.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by HappyCamper HappyCamper wrote:

Hi Albert:

I'm trying to get a pressure cooker off of Ebay.  I'm not wining any bids yet. 

Wish me luck.

Thanks for askingWink

I finally won...22 qt micro canner...Now how the heck do I can meats...I'll be reading the canning section a lot.  Ya just gotta love this forum...

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 6:20pm
Congrats HC,  I know where I'd start...Stews and Chilli!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 10:59pm
"... it's still in the 90's and humid here."

Smile stop that fun... I'm cold ..I want summer back.  I have a tower of paper products in the diningroom and worried someone will see them before I figure out where to put it all.
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 8:07pm
Albert,

I had to change my username because I could not get in to the forum. If I can get back in, I will use my old username

KOMET163
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 8:22pm
Hi Komet.  Here are some basic troubleshooting steps to fix the login problem.  I already updated your new profile incase you would prefer to use the new username.   Let me know if you need any more help. 
Thanks, 
A

If you are having problems posting, please follow these instructions:

Click on "SETTINGS" located at the top right corner of home page.

Click on "EDIT PROFILE"

Scroll to the bottom of the page to "Enable the WYSIWYG Post Editor" and click NO.

Click on "Update profile"

In addition, if you are having problems logging on, you will need to clear your cookies:

Go to the Menu Bar located at the top of Internet Explorer and click on "Tools".  In the next set of menu options, click "Internet Options".  Then simply click "Delete Cookies".

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 1:09pm
Hi Albert,
Last week I couldn't log on as Strider, so signed up as Strider2. You fixed it so I can log on at home, but I still can't log on at work, either as strider or Strider2? Do you know why that is?
Strider & Strider2 ;-)
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:35pm
This forum has had cookie problems since day one.  We're actually lucky that we even made it this far.  We used to crash when we hit 80 online.  Just as we almost had to close down AFT for good, the developer of the program happened to finish the upgraded version that corrected the speed/crashing problem within a few days after it started.  That new version could have been scheduled to come out years down the road, in which case the party would have ended for good.  As always, in the eleventh hour we pulled things off.  The story of my life ...   The downside to fixing the speed issue was that this latest version came with a couple minor glitches. We will always be the fastest site on the net regardless of how many users we have, but there may be login problems from time to time, which is usually related to the cookies.   We traded everything for speed and easy navigation.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic