Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If your prepared for 3 plus months.  Share please.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

If your prepared for 3 plus months. Share please.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If your prepared for 3 plus months. Share please.
    Posted: October 14 2006 at 8:05am

Im not sure how long the food will last us...Im guess about 3 months.  Some things won't last that long..Some will last longer.

I still have so much more to do...Water, Gas, canning meats.

If you prepared please make a list here of how much of everything you've bought and for how many people this will last for.

I Think this would really help us. Thanks.
GreenTeam View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTeam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 12:39pm

I can give you general info. I have an inventory list, broken down by category, where I write down what item I bought, how many servings it provides, and then how many meals it provides (by dividing the number of servings by 2, as there are 2 of us). Then I keep a running total, updating it regularly.

I am more focused on how many meals I have stashed, rather than how many cans of meat or boxes of pasta. I can guess that for 3 months, for 2 people, I probably have 10 boxes of pasta, 15 pounds of rice, maybe 30 cans of tuna and chicken, 40 ready-to-eat meals like stew that just need to be heated, 40 boxes mac n cheese, 15 boxes of cereal, plus cans of fruit and veggies and soup and some other things. These are just estimates.

So far we have 2 weeks worth of water. I will be getting a few storage jugs to bring that up to 4 weeks. We have lakes nearby, so hopefully we can utilize those if need be.

I hope that helps!
Linda-ann View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda-ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 3:35pm
I think you should have a basic plan , 
Rice pasta beans (all types canned and or dried ) yeast  sugar Coffee (tea is cheaper)  Can foods 3 per day per person . 

I startd with 40  lbs or more  of rice because I think that it a staple that will keep you alive and can stretch with a little other ingrediants .. Add beans canned fruit and vegetables and dried fruit. 

I think rice will be one of the most important item as it can be cooked outside over a open flame even using scraps of wood . 

To survive the future will be about learning from the past. 

In this country hard tac biscuits dried fruit, beans hardship foods. 

Rice is a stable  in the world where life is  harder I think there is a reason for it  usage.  It stores well and can be flavoured differently. It normal for most people the world over to have a bowl of rice with just a handfull of other foods to round out a meal.  for us that would be a hardship,  but when the flu hits I will be happy to have it.

I truly admire any one who cans their food ,  wonderful and healthly ,

I will not be stocking junk foods ,  no pop  no chips no cookies ,Ok some candy yes chocolate  , I am prepping with single ingrediant foods as there is more versality to make more meals .  

I was buying whatever was on sale now I have stupid junk food that we only eat occationally , icing and cake mixes.  Still I am not stupid enough to throw them out.

If I was to rebuy everything I would focas on canned fruit and vegetables and dried fruit.  and rice flour sugar salt spices THE BASIC INGREDIANTS 

I was stocking soups and have 20 cans in stock but now I would rather have cans of vegetables and just mix them together with a little dried beef and boil some barley. Add bolliun cube and have a meal for four with some rice on the side .  

We have encountered alot of illness in my family and now are fearful of the junk food.  Even my thirteen year old boy dosent want junk food.
Which explains my preaching against junk food,  I look for trans free foods.  

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 4:45pm
I have about 100 pounds of rice...have no idea how long it would last.
Longer if put in soups...then you need more water.  I imagine one half cup of cooked rice would be ok for an adult (it swells in the stomach?) to get to sleep at night...carbs are good at night if people are having trouble sleeping.

After Albert posted about giving to others (I believe in that) I bought more sugar and salt as this is a staple that makes things taste better.  I already have enough spices for an army :)

I think oatmeal is important.  It has b vit. and it sticks to the ribs. You can make no bake, boiled cookies that kids love...give them for breakfast.

I have a lot of extra vit C.  That is more difficult to find in hard times in foods.

Kids like mac and cheese, chicken noodle soup.  I bought a ton of the chicken soup cubes at Sams in a big plastic jar.  You can flavor a lot...rice, soups, gravy.

Kids will think there is no problem if you have plenty of P. butter and jelly and their fav crackers to put it on.  (and popcorn, get an old fashiond popper) Also have vit for them.   If you keep a smile and pretend it's an adventure they can handle it.  (kids don't need to watch the news)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 4:56pm
"...I will not be stocking junk foods..."

I imagine that is a good idea, because when it ran out... yikes.
Can't afford that anyway.  They will appreciate even hot choc. so I have powdered milk and cocoa powder, sugar.  I need to find an oven for the fireplace , perhaps I could learn to make cookies.  They have iron pans to make scones in.
Linda-ann View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda-ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 8:26pm
i
i I agree hot chocolate is a must comfort food when the nights are cold.
I will make some cookies, small batches, badly as usual. 
I feel strongly to prep with basic ingrediants .

I remember reading the old novels and sugar was dear and spices treasured .   I like to think we will apreciate them all that much more.
I think i will read about the old ways of cooking .  Rabbit stew,  beans and rice ,  apple pie ,cake ,cobbler, sause and  , peach everything, 

Again I apologize for being a nag .  about health food,  My mother and grandmother and brother died within two years apart and I blame transfats in the food ,  damaging the heart and am on a soapbox about it.     

ozjohn. View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozjohn. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 9:01pm
Remember also that an assessment at about 50 days,  could see you deciding to go on half rations to extend the  stock-pile.

OJ
Scout Motto:- "BE PREPARED"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 11:25pm
good point ozjohn...  I saw a PBS program about modern day families who tried to live like folks in the good old days.  They had to live off the land.  The father was upset and shocked at how thin he got.  The Doc told him he was fine and that is how his body type would have been back then.

We don't realize that we can live on less food and still be healthy. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 12:17am
Anharra, I think that PBS program was called Frontier House. The premise was to take modern families and have them homestead a piece of land, equivalent to what they would have received in the late 1800's. They had to use period farming implements.

As for prepping for 3 months...well, we didn't have a plan when we started. All we knew was that we needed to get at least 2 weeks worth of extra food. The more we read about Avian Flu, the more we decided 2 weeks wasn't nearly enough and that 3-6 months would be better. For a family of 2 people, our prepps have been lower cost than some others on here. We've systematically traversed every aisle at every Dollar General and Family Dollar in the city, along with Big Lots and Sam's. The last one, well, while I do have a business membership, beyond buying office supplies, i hadn't really shopped for food there, cause of the bulk issue. We've made a few trips to Sam's for our preps because of the bulk issue. Canned meats, (tuna, chicken, ham, sardines), canned and dry soups, water.

My best suggestion to those still buying preps, shop around. Or better yet, take your receipt from your last trip to your regular grocery store, and compare prices at those dollar stores. Some items, yes, are much cheaper...some aren't. When you do start shopping for your preps, keep in mind the little things; a deck of cards, a few books, strike anywhere matches...you'd be surprised what you can find in a grocery store that can make your life easier if TSHTF. Above all else, do your regular grocery store runs for the pantry, and take the time to really look at what your local store has to offer.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 9:16am
Originally posted by anharra anharra wrote:

After Albert posted about giving to others (I believe in that) I bought more sugar and salt as this is a staple that makes things taste better.  I already have enough spices for an army :)

Be careful because if you give to others, more will be asking... You might have a problem if you're the supplier of the food and your crowd grows too large. They might decide to take everything you've got instead of rely on the handouts.

I have a lot of extra vit C.  That is more difficult to find in hard times in foods.

This is extremely important! Nobody wants scurvy. Instead of relying on pills for your Vit.C you could easily grow Jalapeno or other hot peppers. Your standard Jalapeno pepper has three times the vitamin C an orange has. As an added bonus the peppers keep your stuff fresh!

Grandma View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 9:46am

I believe I am almost through buying because of the expense and the lack of space.  I have been prepping for over ten months - a little at a time.  I am the only one prepping in my family of six (two young children and four adults).  My guesstimate is that what I have stored will last for about two to three months (streeeetching it) for the six of us.  I also have a couple of items (like jars of beans, peas, and spices for making soup) to give away, if needed.  In the way of food, the following is representative of what I have stored. 

20 lbs. Organic brown rice - surpisingly not too expensive
10 lbs. Dry organic beans - idem
10 lbs. Dry organic lentils - idem
20 lbs. Organic wheat grain - as a last resort because it will last longer than flour (I have a small hand-operated mill)
A tin of organic flax seed (omega 3 oils) and a small grinder to sprinkle on soups, salads, etc. - you cannot detect the taste (which is nutty and not bad anyway)
15 canned soups (such as creams of mushroom, vegetables, cheese, etc. for eating as is, or to use as sauces for other dishes)
10 large canned ham
10 large canned chicken
10 large canned tuna
15 canned vegetables
2 large Canned chili
1 large canned tamales
2 large canned ravioli
5 large canned butter - this one really hurt my pocket! (there were six, but I opened one to taste - very good)
5 canned cheese - idem for the expense and for opening one to taste
15 canned broth (low-salt)  (to feed a sick person, and also useful to use instead of water for cooking) - need to buy more
50 Individual organic unsweetened apple sauce boxes (they are more expensive, but I believe in the long run they will be more economical, since the contents of a jar would spoil if opened just for one or two servings if no electricity)
6 large packages Spaghetti pasta
2 large packages flat noodles
4 large Spaghetti sauce jars
20 packets of Ramen soup
2 Macaroni & cheese - need to buy more
1 Large Dry potatoe slices
2 each Dry fruits (apples, apricots, raisins, prunes) - great alone or in breads
1 can Dry eggs
2 large boxes Dry milk (repackaged in large glass jars)
2 large cans Dry milk
1 can Dry buttermilk
6 Canned milk
2 Cans Chocolate powder
6 Cans Coffee
2 Containers Coffee creamer
6 Lemon juice (liquid) - in 4oz containers (for lemonade, or to add to dishes - valuable vitamin C) - need to buy more
4 + 4 Mayonnaise & mustard (to make sandwiches a little more palatable)
4 Flour 5 lb. bag - unbleached all purpose
2 Flour 1 lb. - wheat
2 Flour 5 lb. - corn tortillas
2 Flour 5 lb. - for flour tortillas
15 Yeast packets - neet to buy more
2 Oil oil - small to avoid staleness - need to buy more
2 Sugar 5 lb bags - need to buy more
Some Jell-O and a few pieces of candy for the children and adults in case distress gets to us
Organic seeds - a variety of vegetables and melons
Organic dirt to plant seeds (in large sacks)
Large container for planting
Sprouting seeds - a large variety to use instead of salads if necessary to get some live food for enzymes, etc.
Two sprouters (I learned how to do it during these months).  Because I am sure we will have a lack of water - if what we are prepping for comes through - I am now experimenting with grapeseed extract mixed in the water to make sure the water is really clean and the sprouts come out unpolluted by mold, or whathaveyou.
You can also sprout soft wheat berries and have wheat grass available - it would be a health buster and potent blood purifier (but somehow I cannot stand it)  I am considering it anyway.
Soft wheat berries can also be used to prepare a liquid called Rejuvelac - nondairy acidophilus - excellent for your stomach.  The only trouble with this one would be lack of water, because it requires partly sprouting and a certain amount of water to make it - it tastes like lemonade (without sugar of course) and it is excellent for you.  I have made it and drank it.  Not bad-tasting.

Need to buy spices - thanks for reminding me

A lot of water and cranberry juice (unsweetened)  (to be diluted in water) cranberry juice helps with urinary tract infections

Not food, but related:  Cast iron skillet, kettle, pot and muffin mold (fits inside pot) to cook over fire in case electricity fails). I love cast iron!  Bought at garage sales.  Also sterno to warm up food items, if necessary.  I have an old fondue pot (got it 30 + years ago, when I used to hav friends over and was "cool"), which would come in really handy.

Note:  I am not a health-nut (Iwish I were - but I am not  disciplined enough to be), but I have read enough books and taken enough classes on the subject to know that we should feed our bodies better if we want to endure stress and situations that put our health at risk.  I am trying to eat better and excercise (I am slow- and the other day during my walk I saw many young people jogging, I got inspired and started jogging and hurt my left foot - oh well, back to walking) not only in preparation for what may come, but to feel better under any circumstance, and, with luck, last longer.

OK, I think this is it.

Keep well!

Grandma (At 64 I think I am one of the oldest persons in this forum Tongue)

Grandma View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 9:47am
Oh, yes.  I forgot to mention that I also have vitamins and extra Vitamin C.

Thanks.

Grandma
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 10:14am
Thanks for all the list...If more are coming I would really like to know the amounts...One of my problems is I can't figure out how long the food will last...

I have tried to mark the date on the calender when I open a product and how long it lasted me but that just not working...Every weeks it's drastically different.

DH made more shelf that reach 25 feet and 4 shelves up...Lots more room and I can know see how much food we have...A lot more than I thought but a  lot less of Milk TP Papertowels and no knapkins or tissue...How did that happen....

Because I shopped for my preps and didn't put it on a list to replace...

The one place that's helping is the Dollar stores for cleaning products...I really don't think I'll care if its not pledge or Windex wtshtf...I just be glad I can clean...I've bought all my antibacteria soap pump from there.

Thanks for all the lists...

Grandma View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 10:33am
Hi HappyCamper,

I know what you mean.  It is difficult - if not impossible.  I have a separate document with ideas to prepare food with what I have in store.  For example, I can make flour tortillas, and using a can of potatoes, a can of ham and some egg powder, or refried beans, prepare a filling meal of "burritos".  In my list I forgot to mention that I also have canned beans and salsas to disguise some flavors.  However, I think that, in worse-case-scenario (read "if the bf hits") what I will do is just ration the food whether it is necessary or not and decide on what much to use each day - and just see how far it will go.  Losing weight would be a welcomed side-effect for me (may be the only welcomed-side effect).

Also, and this is a lot of work, I made three lists in my computer.  One in alphabetical order, one in order of location and one by expiration date.  That was a lot of work, but now I am glad I have them.  I have many nooks and cranies where I store the items (even under my bed) and without the "location" list I would go crazy.  I also keep a close eye on the "expiration date" list to roll items around.  The alphabetical list is handy to know exactly what I have by name.  When I update, I update only the Alphabetical list and then I copy it unto the Location list and re-sort and I do the same with the Expiration Date list and, voila, I have my three lists up to date again.

I realize that many people may not need these lists.  But because of my circumstances, these are life savers.

Best wishes,

Grandma

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 5:30pm
I don't know exactly what I have anymore or how much, sounds funny I know. I originally started out keeping track with a list of everything that was purchased and how many I had. After I got to  a 9 month supply of food, that tracking system went out the window. I then started just buying and adding whole meals until we got to 12 months of food, then I started buying rice, I have 50 lbs, so far and 50lbs of dried pintos, 10 cases of Ramen (24 packs in a case) as extra stuff. I have alot of canned items, boxed food and frozen food (fresh & frozen to be eaten first). Now every meal is not going to be a complete meal, like I might make spaghetti and sauce and a canned veggie, that's it no extras. Lunch might be peanut butter on crackers, breakfast might be oatmeal or cereal. In other words we will be eating some fruit and veggies but not the recommended 5 servings (or whatever it is now) a day. I have some juices, but not a years worth. I don't have a year supply of water. I have a 120 rolls of toilet paper. A 2 years supply of shampoo, soap, deodorant and toothpaste. The OTC meds are harder to figure for me because if we are sick we will go through faster, 10 bottles of Benadryl, 10 bottles cough syrup, 10 bottles of Tylenol/Motrin, 10 packages of allergy meds, 3 boxes of Alkaselzer, 3 boxes of Theraflu (the last 2 we never use anyway I just got them in case) 5 bottles of peroxide, 5 bottles alcohol, 250 alcohol wipes, these are a few of the things we have. I still need to stock up on cat food and dog food I keep using it, LOL. At one point I had 10 (18lb) bags of cat food, now I have 1, it took up so much room, plus we have 2 Labs, so we have to get their food too. That's what I need to do next.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 6:21pm

You know its to funny.  Every time I read about someones preps they're almost ready but they don't have everything they need but, the sure is heck have tons of toliet paper....LOL  That's just to funny.

They'll be no sicky butt is this crowd thats for sure...

Thanks for sharing...I only have two cases of ramen...Son keep eating it.

quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 8:32pm
Well here goes...100 pounds white rice
100 pounds pinto beans, 45 cans chili
20 cans beef stew (2 pound cans)
120 15 oz canned vegetables
28 pounds pancake mix
12 box cornbread mix
12 bag cheese biscuit mix
6 case ramen (24 packs per case)
24 pounds dehydrated potatoes
27 pounds egg noodles
8 pounds instant milk
6 kool-aid (makes 12 qts ea)
6 crystal light drink mix (makes 12 qts ea)
80 rolls toilet paper
60 rolls paper towels
900 paper plates
2 pounds each of garlic powder, season salt, paprika, thyme, oregano, dried parsley, cinnamon, bay leaf, italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, lemon pepper, black pepper
15 pounds iodized salt
50 ponds sugar
10 pounds brown sugar
10 cans crisco (2 pounds ea)
48 pounds unbleached flour
2 gallons olive oil
60 cans baked beans (24 oz cans)
4 gallons chicken broth (canned)
40 beef bullion cubes
40 chicken bullion cubes
20 cans chicked breast (12 oz cans)
75 cans tuna (6oz cans)
4 pounds dried minestrone soup mix
10 pounds black beans
20 cans chicken noodle soup
6 cans black olives
6 jars peanut butter
6 jars jelly
2 gallons honey
2 gallons maple syrup
6 64 oz katsup
6 jars pickle relish
6 jars mustard
20 cans chunk pineapple
20 cans pears
20 cans cling peaches
6 gallons apple juice
12 boxes of juice pouches
300 tea bags

I am feeling like the more I buy...the more I think I need. I am sure I missed alot of stuff but that covers my basics so far.

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 8:36pm
Oh I forgot the 30 lbs spaghetti noodles
12 cans spaghetti sauce
20 jars spaghetti sauce
12 jars cheese sauce

Prep on...
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
HoosierMom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoosierMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 8:45pm
Quiet prepper, I am speechless, did you buy your supplies in large bulk  containers or smaller quantities ? How are you storing ? I am very impressed, how long and for how many are you prepping for ? Clap
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 9:15pm
"...equivalent to what they would have received in the late 1800's...."
...............................................................................................................

I Liked that one also... the ranch and horses?  I think the one where the man was so thin was a colonial series?  One family sold fire water.

grow Jalapeno or other hot peppers.

Smile  (I'll try to find some rose hips)

I think it's good to have more dried fruit and or canned fruit.
Oil is important, we need it and it can be used for light in a pinch.

also need to buy...

• Grain legumes are cultivated for their seeds, and are also called pulses. The seeds are used for human and animal consumption or for the production of oils for industrial uses. Grain legumes include beans, lentils, lupins, peas and peanuts.
  •  

countrygal View Drop Down
    Adviser Group
    Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countrygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 9:38pm
        I've been prepping for over 6 years for a family of 5. July of 06 I finally took inventory of my preps filling in gaps etc.
    At that time I had 120 cans each of the following:
    tomato sauce
    carrots
    potatoes
    green peas
    green beans
    corn
    lima beans
    sweet potatoes
    pork & beans
    kidney beans
    chili beans
    cream of chicken soup
    cream of celery soup
    cream of mushroom soup
    peaches
    pineapple
    mandrain oranges
    pears
    fruit cocktail

60 cans of:
    cranberry sauce
    chicken and dumplings
    ravioli

16 cans of tuna
    32 cans of vinnea sausage
    24 cans of salmon
    155 cans of canned chicken
    25 lbs of peanut butter
    100 lbs of rice
    200 lbs of oatmeal
    1,000 lbs of wheat berries
    100 lbs of various mixture of pasta (spaghetti, elbow noodles, egg noodles etc.)
    50 lbs of popcorn kernels
    100 lbs of white sugar
    20 lbs of brown sugar
    20 lbs of powder sugar
    25 lbs of salt
    5 lbs of black pepper
    20lb of pancake mix
    24 bottles of bbq sauce
    32 bottles of pancake syrup
    6 gallons of cooking oil

The list keeps going....
    crakers, spaghetti sauce, spices, cake mix, icing, brownie mix, cornbread mix, pie crust mix, soy sauce, cereals, powder milk, powder drink mix like tang, lemonade, tea, koolaid, mac & cheese, jelly, salad dressing ....

Then there's the home canned items...
    green beans, squash, tomato relish, pickle relish, jams, black eyed peas, etc...

Since July '06 I've bought a few items from the grocery store such as, milk, eggs, cheese, butter, sour cream, chips, carbonated drinks, bananas, apples, grapes, onions, bell peppers, cucumbers, and lettuce. I buy by the case (12 cans) and it looks like we have averaged about 1 1/2 to 2 cases of each item I had listed in the 120 cans...in 3 months time. Once I get down to 5 cases of an item I restock back up to 10 cases. The grains I buy every 2 or 3 years. I have a little over a months worth of water in stock. Twice a year I take inventory, usually January and July, and I restock all canned items we eat back up to 10 cases each. As for storage I have 2 pantries in the house and a 6 x 12 foot storage area inside the garage.

Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 11:12pm
    HappyCamper, I don't think what I have to say will help much but here goes. I gave up on a list a long time ago. I know that I started the year out with a years supply of food for me but considering it looked liked things were worsening and no one in my family was taking my advise to prep I went into overtime packing back what I consider to be basic survival foods, along with alternative heat and water sources. I live alone but will not be alone during a pandemic. There will be a family here with a motor home which has a generator. They have some preps here. They bought what they normally eat and water.
    I think the idea of two months supply of what you normally eat is unrealistic because pandemics are not like a storm passing in the night. No one can predict how it will come in or on what scale, but I've done all I can to prepare not for just me but for several people. How long what I have will last is anyone's guess because I can not predict what the need might be or how many will need help. My oldest son said MRE's and another one is doing some prepping yet another is doing a "wait & see". It's not that they don't have the money. He just thinks they can run to the store and buy up whatever when the time comes. The youngest son and his wife and two children plan on staying here.
    I can tell you some of the things I added over and above the "two months of what you normally eat." Much of this will keep 15 years or better.

Don't forget that plain old red beans with sausage over rice supplies the body with lots of nutrition and contains all the amino acids the body needs except the one the body makes from the food intake.

25 lbs of each of these; large limas, pintos, small limas, small red beans, black-eyed peas, also various packs of lentils and soup beans, green split peas, etc. 250 lbs rice, 90 lbs of oatmeal, about 200 pounds of different types of flour, a case of Vital Glutin, 100 lbs of corn meal (store bought, longer shelf life) + 6 cans from Honeywell, 50 lbs of potatoes flakes, 50 lbs of potatoes slices, one can of dehydrated strawberries, a case of powdered whole eggs, 40 lbs bananna chips =5 gallon jugs, pancake mix, syrup, 24 cans of evaporated milk, 24 cans of evaporated goat milk, 3 large bags of powered milk (in freezer) + a case of powered milk substitute from Honeywell to follow the powdered. 25 boxes of pudding mix, a bucket of muffin mix, 50 lbs soy grits, 100 lbs of Ezekiel bread mix, 80 lbs of yellow corn (can be used many ways) 25 lbs of lard in freezer, 16 quarts canned, various bottles of oil, canned vegetable shorting, 6 cans of coconut oil, canned butter, about 13 lbs in freezer to be used first, 2 gallons of cheese sauce and then several quart size, also cheese in freezer, 20 or 25 lb bag of Morton salt (I've forgotten which), canning has brought my sugar down to about 100 lbs. (I need to stock more because I fell that may disappear) enough yeast, soda, baking powder and spices for a year, cases of food I've canned fruit, jelly, vegetables, soups, meat, canned foods from the stores flats of vegetables, fruits, Beef Stew, Chili, Jack Mackerel, corned beef, tuna in oil, canned ham, corned beef hash, beanie wieners, Vienna sausage, Trail Mix, Peanut Butter, Granola Bars, canned 16 pints of Brazil nuts, boxes of hot chocalate, chocalate syrup, strawberry syrup, preserves, jams, jellies, raisens, and peanuts.  I am trying to hold 12 -36 oz cans of coffee ahead and have jars of creamer as well as a box of 1000 pks from Sam's. I have the large containers of Gator-Aide stored and a jar full of drink mix and Morton -Lite to make homemade. A food grade bucket of tea bags. Juices, drinks and cases of water. 6 gallons of water is also in the bottom of each freezer.
    Homemade medicines, first aid items, antibiotics, vitamins, medical caps, gowns, gloves, masks / Ivomec and Flowers of Sulfur for medicine for the dogs, pet sprays etc, lot's of Clorox and vinegar, also Odo-Ban, Pine-Sol, Lemon Joy & ammonia to spray yard to run mosquitoes off, detergents, shampoos, conditioners, deodorant, toothpaste and maybe 2 dozen toothbrushes. A screened tent because the children will need sun. 6 gallons of lemon scent Clorox to spay area outside too.  I have enough homemade soap, foot soap, candles and such to last me the rest of my life. I have a creek, rain barrels and a Berky water purifier. I can walk through the woods to a lake to fish. I have a wood heater and wood, red kerosene lanterns and green ones filled with citronella oil. I'm waiting untill the last minute to stock more kerosene. Solar lights may be used on the inside. There's guns and ammo and more coming. I bought an outside propane deep fryer and an attachable oven to have a way to bake bread then later bought an old travel trailer which has a gas stove, however I only have 4 gas bottles- so need more. We also have the camp stove which uses the small bottles of fuel and have a few of those.

I prepared two large chests of things that would be needed for a sick bed if one of us comes down with the flu. They each contain everything available and written instructions. The chief reason I bought the travel trailer was to have a place for isolation if needed.

For Christmas I'm giving 18 mile range walkie talkies and solar battery chargers and things that may be used for an emergchancy. Maybe I've give lanterns with kerosene and citronella to some neighbors. A gentle reminder.

Now this may sound like a lot but divide it up between 5 families and it's not. That's the worse case scenario. Best thing that could happen is that it won't be needed at all and some may go to farmers to feed animals. 

I have worked very hard to do what I've done this year. I've come in from work and canned until 3:00 AM. So much so, for the first time in my life I'm really tired of canning. I've done about all I can do and my prepping is no way finished but will soon be put on hold for the upcoming Holidays and Holydays. By the end of the month I expect to have what I can do in place until the first of January when I re access what is needed, with the exception of some canned meats and processing deer. I'm sure I forgot a few things but this is the jest of it.
    Prepping never ends with me it just takes different turns.
    Good luck to you and all.
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 12:09am
    Camper

I look at each room and ask myself what I need for this room for I year.

The bathroom - toilet paper tissues soap toothpaste tooth brishes - and so on

Then for each room - my bed room jeans shirts shoes socks jocks etc

laundry - soap detergent

kitchen - for 1 year

365 breakfasts - oat meal in packets sealed in tubs will keep forever
    365 lunches - sardines crackers tuna spaghetti and cheese - all in tins will keep forever
    365 dinners - soup beans meat dried potato mash tinned vegatables

all of these can be eaten cold so i dont need fire just a can opener.

I figiure 365 X each person and all my cache can be moved with me if i go bush to avoid people on t6he hunt for provisions.

Here in Perth we had a retarted guy go for a walk at Mundaring Weir and hundreds of people - choppers - mounted cops took weeks and no sign of him he just dissappeared - thats near to where I live.

He has no food and no bush savvvy and I can do the same and nobody will ever find me.

Of course if the balloon goes up there will be no organised search parties
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 5:55am
    What are mac cheese, mac n cheese?  I keep seeing references to them and we don't have them in the uk, or ese we call it something else.  will someone please translate for me
    Beth
    roxy View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 6:03am
    Beth, it' kRAFT macaroni and cheese, its always been a cheap meal,  it has elbow macaroni and powdered cheese  in the box .  you boil the pasta up,drain it, and then add the cheese and some milk, some people add extras, like hot dogs to it,.  cheap meal , was so cheap my mother fed it to us so much ,my sister won't eat it now, lol,  when i was a kid it cost 25 cents a box, now its over a dollar. roxy
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 6:47am
    I'm so impressed with the generosity of the people that are preparing for family members...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post...It's motivating.

You are all preparing so well and I'm learning a lot.

Maysday: I'm breathless...The fact your alone and would have been done a long time ago if you weren't preparing for 5 families.  You still spend your money because your family refuses to prep is very commendable.

I'm also preparing to help my family but don't have nearly the preps all of you have...

Your putting your prep list here helps...I have a long way to go...Let's just hope I have the time to do that.

It kills me that my family has the money and I don't and they could prepare without worrying about the bills.  I have to watch every penny and preparing leaves us without any extras....While they go out to eat, I'm trying to save the money for flour...

My sister is planning a cruise and I'm learning how to can and make bread.

Do you think making my family indentured servants will make me feels better when they have to come here to survive.

I was thinking how much I'm going to hate washing cloths by hand...LOL

Please keep the list coming...There great.

roxy View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 7:23am
    Happycamper, I think when your family comes, they should know in advance that you are not the indentured servant.its all hands on deck, help out till we all drop, with all the chores. if not hand them a bag of rice and beans and seeya later and good luck. I may sound tough , but each of us has to stay healthy to  live this, all the senarios we have talked about , will take alot of work, those who will survive,will have to help themselves. Any body who comes to stay with me  is going to work right along side me, we will all be out of our comfort level. good luck roxy
    July View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 8:54am
    Originally posted by roxy roxy wrote:

Beth, it' kRAFT macaroni and cheese, its always been a cheap meal,  it has elbow macaroni and powdered cheese  in the box .  you boil the pasta up,drain it, and then add the cheese and some milk, some people add extras, like hot dogs to it,.  cheap meal , was so cheap my mother fed it to us so much ,my sister won't eat it now, lol,  when i was a kid it cost 25 cents a box, now its over a dollar. roxy

You can still get box mac and cheese for under a dollar. Watch for sales and at Target it is  .32 a box. Probably is that cheap at other locations as well if you purchase the store brand.
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 9:28am
    HappyCamper, I sometimes feel it's a helpless, hopeless thing I'm trying to do. But it passes. Everyday, I practice saying "I was afraid of that" instead of "I told you so." Yes, everybody has time for a lot of outside fun activities but they really don't know how much I have into this or realize the importance. One of my sons has a large new home under construction that may be ready to move into by Christmas. Not much place to store where he is. Another is buying a large home and it should close soon. They are packed and ready to move and holding off on preps until they get moved. So each has different circumstances and they are somewhat concerned but not as worried as I am. I cannot get across the idea that if they wait until the last minute there is no way they can bring home all they need. In the first place they don't even have a list. It can't be done because everyday I think of something I should add like work gloves when the need arose. I've been at this a long time.
    I have one daughter-in-law who said if anything happens she's staying here. The reason she tells people that is she said if there was a blade of grass out there that she could eat I would know about it. The other day she said "I wish my mother was more like you."  So I am greatly blessed to have the family I have. My boys seldom get sick or have a virus and the girls claim it must be all that garlic I use to feed them. I have a lot to live up too.
    I also have a nephew who wouldn't work in a pie factory. I have a friend who's son I helped feed who grew up to come back and rob me. He is waiting now to go to prison again. The other day she said "I bet you have a lot saved." I didn't dare say anything. If he is out of jail I know where he would head. I hope her brother in another county will help her and her son will be in jail. I have packed some life saving food for her just in case. She has more income but waste it and has nothing not even a jar of peanut butter saved. She said she don't have the money. Then she calls and ask me how to cook a ham???? Did I point out to her she could eat cheaper so to put back something for a rainy day? You betcha I did. I may loose some friends trying to save their life! We can not really prepare for the unknowns just cross each bridge when we come to it.
    I ate lunch again at the finest restaurant in town, on the river the other day. It was work related. I was a guest and could do a lot more of that. I looked at the group of people there and thought not a one has heard anything about a pandemic. If I had brought it up I would be a loony tune and loose income. I walk a thin line between that world and mine. It is a nice place to visit but I couldn't stay there if I wanted.
    I think telling people to prepare for two months and stock what they normally eat is misleading. The restaurants won't be open. I doubt they can eat out of a can. But those who live through a pandemic will learn a lot. Perhaps they can pass it on. I'm going to be tired!
    I wish all the very best.
    Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 5:37pm
      Hi Maysday, I really admire you for all of your hard work , for your family and friends that don't even give the BF a second thought.  I would love to by some ezekiel bread mix.  Where did you get it from?   I have bought a few loaves from the health food store.
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 5:54pm
    Originally posted by HoosierMom HoosierMom wrote:

Quiet prepper, I am speechless, did you buy your supplies in large bulk  containers or smaller quantities ? How are you storing ? I am very impressed, how long and for how many are you prepping for ? Clap
    Some of the commodities were bought in 20-25 pound bags, the spices were bought in bulk, the rest was bought in smaller quantities. I am storing the large amounts in 5 gallon buckets and the rest in various jars and their original packaging. I am storing it in a large pantry I had built in my house as well as the garage. I am prepping for a family of four and 5 pets and some fish. Smile
    I will be loading up with at least another 3-400 pounds each of rice and beans. No matter how much I get I feel I need more. I am sure I will end up helping a few select relatives when TSHTF.
    survivor View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote survivor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 6:14pm
    I have 1500 pounds of rice stored, due to it being so cheap ( $10.00 for 50 lbs.) and being able to serve it with many other foods to change the taste. I also have approx. 5,000 cans of soup to go over the rice and all kinds of vegies in the gallon cans.

The problem is going to be getting water. With no City or County water and no electricity to run a well, we are going to be dependant on hand pumps.

The largest problem facing us during the pandemic is keeping other people
    from taking your food. You can imagine how bad it's going to get when the food runs out, They will burn your house down if you don't give them any food when they come begging.
    Anharra View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anharra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 6:36pm
    They will burn your house down if you don't give them any food when they come begging.
    ...............................................................................................................

People who are too ignorant to prepare will most likely get the BF varient when they venture out.... if they have the gas.  It may be very cold.
    The police will order a curfew.  Set up road blocks.  Those who thought road blocks in that film were unrealistic, were wrong.

I agree water could be a problem.  I like to think we are safe, I like to sleep at night :)  
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 4:22pm

Mississpp Mama, I just read your post. Sorry it took a while to get you a reply but my ISP was out several hours for some reason.

The Ezekial Mix came from waltonfeeds- I don't think I can post the link. It is whole grain so you'll need a grinder. Honeywell does not have it. I bought this several months ago 25 lbs (I bought 4 bags) was $19.95 each. I placed a large order and wait time was 3 weeks to fill at that time. Also, shipping is high on items like this. I paid over $100. freight on one order but couldn't find what I needed anywhere else.  I forgot to mention that I also bought hulled millet and cans of butter powder.

They have a huge inventory and prices are good. It does take a while to get your order in. Honeywell on the other hand has fewer items but charges the small $4.95 no matter the size of order and sometimes I think it's here the next day always before I have time to put it up.
    Good luck.
    Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 8:17pm
      Maysday, thank you, for the info.  I will try and order some this week.  Do you have a special recipe for the Ezekial?
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 9:59pm
    Mississipp Mama, no, I don't have a favorite recipe. Cook it like wheat bread with yeast or bake it like corn bread. I've tried to imagine how Ezekial prepared the bread. I don't think it matters. The important thing is that it supplies all the nutrients our bodies need except for water and sunshine. Oh, and I think the Lord said eat it several times through out the day.
    Good luck.
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 5:45am
    1500 lbs of rice...OMG...

I see a lot of you have 100's of pound of everything...How are you keeping this food...

Is it stored in a dry place or are you putting it in air tight containers?

For those of you putting your prep in air tight containers where is a good place to get them?...Free would be nice.

Many have said they are having peanut butter and crackers...

1.  How are you storing the crackers to last so long?

2.  Im going to be making a lot of bread for PB and J. 
    roxy View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 6:18am
     hi to all, i know after reading  the thread, that I am way behind the food prep curve, and if I am ,so will be the new people to this. so if any body reading this is getting  nervous, read the thread on preping on a budget.  also read the tips on preping , learn from our mistakes,.  and rotate your preps, I'm throwing out some can fruit that has expired, my family doesn't like it,except for the orange pieces,cranberry sauce,applesauce.,pineapple, so when the bird flu hits, I will buy other can fruit then, and we here will have the heads up, to get the last minute food stuffs we need.  good luck to all , roxy
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 6:45am
    roxy, if the fruit is canned (in a can) versus a pull off type lid the fruit is the same as when you bought it. If it's no good then it was that way then. Buy things in cans. If it has an expiration date disregard it. This is about surviving and there may come a day when you wish for that fruit. I think if a person had seconds (not perfect) in fruits they would be lucky! I'm now using some canned goods bought in '97. Unless the top puffs up ot rust through you're good.
    Good luck
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 7:15am
    HappyCamper, I know you are a worker or else I would not bother to tell you this. Most of my storage buckets came from Wal-Mart bakery. They had icing in them and require some work (elbow grease) to clean. They are food grade so everyone you clean saves you about $10. you can use somewhere else. I scrape as much out as I can -then wash with dishwater liquid. Labels can be removed and I did on most but got so busy I stopped doing that. The best thing I've found to remove the sticky glue is oil on a rag.  There are two sizes. I have also gotten pickle buckets from BBQ places. I need more now and more people have been picking them up. This time of year should get better because the gardens are gone. I have heard of some being charged a little but all of mine have been free. Save money and  the landfills!

I have oxidizers that I place in the buckets when I fill them with grains. You can burp the lid like a bowl to remove most air. Grains stored this way should keep 15 + years provided they are free of disease to start with.

One son  meet a man who had lot's of pickle jugs (he eats a gallon a week). I was brought 20 of those. I sent that man some apple butter.

I have 55 gallon drums from truck stop service centers-free. Some came with degreaser other with window washer. They are a little more difficult to clean but it can be done. I saw an ad in the paper where someone is picking them up and selling them for $2.00. You need to read the labels to know what they contained to clean. No matter they will hold rain water that can be used to wash clothes and many things.

Hop to help. Good luck.
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 7:39am
    Wow...Thanks Maysday...I have walmart here...and I'll check out the bakery and bagle place maybe they'll be happy to get rid of buckets...

There are two druck stops here but I'll need my Husband help...He has the truck.  Hope he's willing to help...I'll wash I have not problem with that...

Thanks

HC

Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 7:43am
    Originally posted by HappyCamper HappyCamper wrote:

There are two druck stops here but I'll need my Husband help...He has the truck.  Hope he's willing to help...I'll wash I have not problem with that...

Thanks

HC

Opps Truck stops Embarrassed...All fingers today...
    roxy View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 8:47am
     Maysday, I have the cans in bags , i will double check the dates, and I think they are from 2004.  I have been   thrifty my whole life, throwing out food is not something I do lightly . thanks for all the good advice,roxy
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 4:05pm

roxy, I understand. I think I would hold on to them, storing them outside if necessary to have to give to someone if it gets as bad as some think it will. 18 months is a long time. No one knows what will happen. I have some fig preserves that are so old they have turned to sugar in the bottom. I know they are still sealed and safe to eat. I decided not to dump them thinking if we ran out of sugar I might use them to sweeten cereal / fruit + sugar. That's just the way I think. Good luck.

HappyCamper, here is what I did on crackers. I have the round popcorn cans packed with crackers in some, vanilla wafer and honey grahams in others.The first can of crackers is labeled "1". If I remember correctly it holds 3 boxes of the single 4 packs to a box. I packed them all at the same time early summer. I wrote "2" on the replacement packs.  I keep replacing going up in numbers always pulling lowest number when I need some. When I've turned a can one at least once I start on can "2". The cans do a good job of keeping them. I have duck tape around some cans until I start using them. I also put oxidizers in them. Any system that works is a good one. I do not have enough to last a year as I doubt they would stay crisp that long. But they would be better than nothing. Good luck.

MelodyAtHome View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 8:24pm
    Anharra, is that show still on? I remember hearing about it but never got to see it. My mom grew up in the mountains of Spain. She is 81 in November so she tells me stories of washing clothe in the river(scared to death of the poisonous snakes) walking with laundry, potatoes or water on the top of her head for miles back home. Just about all the things they did back then. I always love here her stories.
    Melody
    Emergency Preparedness 911
    http://emergencypreparedness911.blogspot.com/
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
      Share Topic