Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

OT: How is everybody doing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OT: How is everybody doing?
    Posted: December 03 2006 at 5:24pm
Hope you all are doing well..  

Does everybody have their tree and lights up yet?   

Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 6:04pm
Today we went for our tree. 
Every Year we go and cut our tree down.  We put the lights and decoration on it today...My house is decorated and the outside has 12,000 lights both white and multi colored...7 Hugh blue spruces and the house is lined with lights.  We also put up a 4 foot shooting star...It's awesome.  The Star is high in a tree and the stream of light coming off of it (to give the appearance of shooting) is attached by heavy gauger fishing line to the chimney...Wahoo...

Santa will find us for sure...

On a sadder note my step father doesn't have much time left.  I'm visiting often.  He's now suffering and I'm praying that God will take him in his sleep.  May it be soon...To see him suffer is heart breaking.

We picked up our tree today and yesterday I was picking out and paying for his plot...

Christmas is a nice feeling in between this heart break.

Happy Holidays all...Decorate....It feels good.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 6:37pm
Got the decorations up and will do the tree tommorrow. We've noticed that so many are turning on their lights earlier than usual this year. Kind of gives you an odd feeling, but I love Christmas so I'm lovin' it.

God bless. Jo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 6:43pm
Try to remember the real meaning of Christmas....... Its about the birth of a very special child? Heavenly Fathers child....Be ye prepared,and you shall not fear.. Prepare for the worst,but hope for the best!Get that food,and water storage,and protect your families.... Things may get tough here between now,and the next year or so.... ,however if your prepared it will be alot easier.. Do tell your friends,and associates about "THE BIRD FLU",and have them tune in here each day to find out the latest.. This flu is for real,and could kill millions of us.The top scientists say its not a matter of "IF",but "WHEN".. I really do wish you all the best!Sorry to here of your step fathers illness.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 6:51pm
I live next to the 'Griswolds' but I put forth a concerted effort of simple yet tastefull colored lights over our 15 foot evergreen out front.  I have allergies to pine trees and last year we got a real tree just for the kids to experience and for me it wasn't my alergies, it was all those darn needles I was still vaccuming 'till Memorial Day!  We got a real nice snow storm here in Chi-town, never seen snow this deep so early and I hope it stays around for a white Christmas!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2006 at 7:50pm
Listening to Christmas music every minute of the day :)
Just finished the outdoor lights...put pretty blue lights on another tree outside.  Add a little something each year....or make a change.
Tree is next.  Ours is done Victorian.  We will be making cookies tomorrow.

I want a real tree (very small) for the dining room.  I love Christmas.
We are going t0 the Christmas Eve service with family.
I always have a fire in the fireplace when I make cookies.
We only have 2 cords this year....hope it lasts.
Is everyone sending out cards?  We send less these days....  write a note.
emmajones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 9:45am
The tree is up but no decorations yet. I need to get motivated to getup to the attic and get all the Christmas things down. I send cards every year and include a note to friends I haven't seen or talked to for awhile. Once again I have promised myself to get it done early - once again it probably won't happen.

Happy Camper, I'm so sorry about your stepfather. I'll be praying for you both.
b4giving
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 10:18am
happycamper,
I had to look at your profile to see who you were I have a sister with the same first name and I also have a stepfather that will most likly not be with us for Christmas. I noticed from some of your earlier post that your most likly not my sister by the things that you own, but it was a little freeky. Anyway I'll be thinking of you during this time. Timber. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 11:11am
Our kids are super excited about Christmas.  We put the tree up, and all of the ornaments are on the bottom two feet of the tree because that's about as high as they can reach.  Then we've got broken ornaments turning up daily because they want to play with it, who needs new toys for Christmas when you've got a Christmas tree to play with?  We've already been through the spin the tree thing, because one was on one side of it playing hide-and-seek and almost took it down.
Then one night we had a big thing where we "cleaned" the fireplace for Santa.  made sure everything was just right, then hung up stockings.  They were so excited I thought they were going to hyperventilate.  We've got Christmas music going 24/7, everytime I turn it off (overload) they turn it back on, usually to "Frosty the Snowman" or "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer."  The also like "Alvin and the Chipmunks song" and I like the "All I want for Christmas is a Hippopotamus."  (Which when they heard that one this year they started begging me for a Hippo, a Lion and the oldest wants an Elephant - so she can ride it.)
Got all the presents, a lot off of Ebay.  Got a vintage wind-up record player (Fischer Price) because I think that will serve when power is lost - it's wind up, no need for batteries, and lots of other toys that are also of a nature that would be useful for homeschooling or play without power.  Rollerskates, figure they can use the basement as a skate pad.

And we're going to Walt Disney World too, so if these kids don't have a good Christmas, it'll not be for lack of trying.  Embarrassed

And we clean out toy boxes and they help in giving their old toys away - we do that every year as their community involvement, and I volunteer on the Christmas tree toy drive. And we go as a family and visit several older neighbors that I know need the cheer, that's always a highlight for all of us.  The kids take drawings and colorings they've done, and I know these people get a kick out of the macaroni glu jobs and the crayon rainbows!
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 12:20pm
where did you get the star?
Dr d
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 12:23pm
I'll add him to our prayer circle and have him prayed for at church.

I will add a prayer for a painless passing over when he determines it is time. Never easy esp. around the holidays
Dr d
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 1:24pm
Christmas is also my favorite time of the year.  I decorate every room in the house. 

Anharra:  Same with me and the Christmas music - have it on most of the time. 

Cruiser:  We are the Griswolds Confused Think I posted somewhere before that when we build out house, my DH (the electrician) put in designated Christmas circuits for our outdoor lights.  Have outlets in the eves.

In New Hampshire there is a wonderful re-creation of the Polar Express. If you want to see how it works: www.polarexpress.org  My grandkids just went Sunday night.  They wear their pj's and take a train ride to 'the North Pole'  All the windows on the train are blacked out so the kids can't see anything till they get there.  They have hot chocolate and cookies and get their 'I believe bells'. The volunteers actually built the North Pole and when you step off the train all the elves meet you and guide you through the village.  My daughter said our little granddaughter just kept ringing her bell and saying "I believe" over and over. Lots of lights and of course Santa.It is really well done.  So many want to go that you sign up for a lottery to get tickets.  They call you and if you aren't home for the call they go to the next. 

Happy - My thoughts are with you and may you all find peace during this stressful time.

GG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic