Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > Home Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Anyone own a firearm?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 4:36pm
1 22   1 air rifle  1 12 guage 1 .38   1 30-60 fifle.. 1 paint ball gun and 1 beebee gun...LOL

I know it's pittyful but it will increase when brother in law comes and my father will be joining us with his collection.  More fifles and hand guns.

My mother...OH MY God.  Her husband my step father just passed on in Dec.  He was a cop and she has about 22 differnt knives 10 hand guns more fifles and 1 shot gun.   So all together we have firepower...I just hope they have enough ammo.  I know we do.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 7:16am
I know what the F15 can do. Been there done that. I believe every word about the F22.

"According to the program all 6 15's bit the dust without even seeing the 22. "

As it should be! In battle, if you don't control the skies, you will control nothing. I just hope we don't export it.

Wish I could have one in my preps

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2007 at 7:11pm
Biggest gun I fired was 20 mm gatling gun. spit them out at 6000 rounds per minute. Man was that fun. Did I mention the gun was moving at 450 knots at the time.
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 11:07am

Wolfgang, I wish my wife was as understanding! LOL! I was introduced to the Barrett while in the military. I was already out when the A1 came out, but I knew it was the one for me! I am now saving for the optics for it.

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2007 at 8:17pm
I have a decent collection of 12 gauges, .22 LR pistols and rifles, .308, .38 special revolver, and my pride and joy...Barrett M82-A1 .50 cal. I know I could have bought an arsenal for what it cost me but I REALLY wanted it!
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
detpat View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 10:30pm
i too have a considerable collection, although in the last year i have traded some of my collection grade items for more practical ones.  i have extensive training [mil and police] and firearms handling experience in the civvie sense as well.
  pat
never underestimate the power of human stupidity
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 9:10pm
Like Dispenser, more than I care to list. A while ago I decided to consolidate calibers. It made inventorying easier.
Rifle, 308 & 7.62x39 & 22

Pistol, 22 & 357 mag & 9mm. All the 9's take the same magazine.

Shotgun, 410 & 12 gage.

I have rifles to match each pistol caliber.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 5:06pm
More than I have time to post about.
Yes I know how to use them.
Yes I know when not to use them.
You do know I'm from Texas?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 12:39pm
Lots.  3 Revolvers, 5 semi-autos, 3 shotguns, a Mini-14, 3 .22 rifles, 30-30, 45 Long Colt (Golden boy,,,really a pretty piece), and a .177 pellet rifle that takes out WOODPECKERS!!
randyb View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 8:03am
I have hunting rifles, varmint rifles, shotguns and handguns.  I come from a long line of shooters and used to compete.  My whole family did, my brother, parents, aunts, uncles.  It was a family event. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 9:13pm
3 22s,410,20 ga
TERMS 1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TERMS 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 6:49pm
Tactical: Ak-47 w/16 30 rnd mags, .45 Glock 30, .357 Dan Wesson, 12 Ga. Mossberg Model 500 ("tricked out")
Hunting/Long Range: 30.06 Remington Model 700, 30.30 Winchester Model 94, 12 Ga. Remington Slug Master
Fun: .25 Raven, 10/22 Ruger w/8 30 rnd mags, .22 Marlin/Glenfield 18 shot, 20 Ga. Mossberg.
Ammo: 12,000 rnds combined.

ALL members of my household (including my teenage children, who have been shooting for years) have been trained on how to shoot, clear and safe all the above weapons.

I spent just under ten years working as a "ghetto" medic (mostly weekends and midnights-you get to meet the really interesting people then), and I learned that life is cheap, and even in a relatively stable economy people are willing to rape rob and assault Fire Department EMS Crews.
I have about 70% of my supplies in place now (are you ever really done?) and continue to prepare. I have no intention of taking prisoners or being the community food bank. Yeah, it's a cold position but after almost 30 years of active EMS service it teachs you your priorities. I'm an EMS Coordinator and Paramedic Instructor for my Department and the first two things that I teach our "Probies" are: 1. God don't like stupid, and 2. This is their emergency, not yours (they created it, and NO ONE expects you to die for their mistakes).   
Credibility is like virginity, once it is gone- it is gone forever.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 4:59pm
Anyone care to share what type of firearm they own? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic