Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

how and when did you start prepping?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by dr d dr d wrote:

amen. You tell who you can and try to pick the folks that are interested in more. I have friends in Alabama that are getting ready. I gave them a copy of my 8 page list and told them about the Univ of Georgia's website for emerg prep.(UGA is recommending one year of supplies)

I kind of did the same thing. I but together an emergency preparedness guide for my kids and family. (When I lived in La. all the kids came to Mom and Dads house.) I was suprised athe the people that took them a the Christmas party this year. The state of Mo. is putting out a 3 day guide.

It like teach a man to fish thing. I'm going to check out the UGA site,
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 4:33pm
I have two preachers in my practice. They copied the list for their congregations. Made me a little more hopeful
Dr d
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by dr d dr d wrote:

I have two preachers in my practice. They copied the list for their congregations. Made me a little more hopeful

Thats great dr d. Keep it up.

I just had a friend call me up. I had been sending him BF info. He finally got around to checking it out. He was all excited about it and talking about how he needs to get stuff. Another preper!!!

dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 11:13pm
wolfgang congrats!!!
Dr d
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 4:11pm
Dr.D, Do you have enough wind in fla. to us a windturbine?   
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 5:06pm
satomick,
we are not rated for most windturbines but the small home ones both fromSW power and Magwind are both promising. Magwind is quieter and is a vertical turbine,less vibration(so they say I'll let you know)Solcool Inc is going to be handling them  for the USA.
Dr d
MississippiMama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MississippiMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 6:23pm
  Dr. d I'm sorry it took so long to respond.  Thanks for the information on the first aid item.  I sure did need the reminder to have enough vitamins for 1-2 years.  I will work on that this week.  Happy New year.
Mississippi Mama
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic