Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bird flu may slash Dow by 10%? I think  like 50%?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Bird flu may slash Dow by 10%? I think like 50%?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 5:15pm
Glow, I agree completely. I am a 35 year veteran of the stock market and it has been very VERY good to me over the long term. Playing the market is not for the fainthearted. If you don't have the stomach to hold on through the ups and downs that are natural for the market, you really need to get out. I personally feel that it's a huge judgemental blunder to sell all stocks now in preparation for a flu pandemic. Anyone who advises this is just...well, irresponsible. Of course, I make this as a general statement, directed at no one in particular (gnfin).Confused
I do everything my Rice Crispies tell me to....
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 6:16pm

Good stuff..

Captivate View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captivate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 9:12pm

Cash?????  in reserves?  nuts... I suppose it is in a warehouse of banded $100 bills.   No way.

All that money is invested in a variety of ways.  In the financial context, some "available" reserves must not be tied up in non-liquid investments, like buildings and real estate.
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 10:11pm
Good comments. Ill find out,and report..Thankyou,
Jazzman View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 3:47am
Originally posted by gnfin gnfin wrote:

Whos going to run the energy,and power plants. Im buying annuities. They survived the stock market crash of 1929..Insuance companies actually grew and continued to employ people during the great depression. Your annuities may survive,but no one wlii be at work to help you get your money.Youll have to wait till its all over?Plus the insurance companies have a legal reserve. $1.00 for $1.00+

Most likely, the military would run the power plants and such.  If a pandemic is anything even approaching what's usually quoted, we're not going to keep our troops overseas, when the same thing will be going on there (likely much worse). 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic