Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - OT: looks like tough times ahead for Stock Market?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

OT: looks like tough times ahead for Stock Market?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OT: looks like tough times ahead for Stock Market?
    Posted: July 01 2007 at 9:18pm
    Things arnt good beware...Confused                            DOW: 11,313
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 4:05pm
Is the market going to tank?                          http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070710/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/summer_terror_threats                                                                     
AZMOM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZMOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 7:56pm
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:12pm
What are you trying to say with those google eyes? Oh I got it "Your long"??
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 4:56pm
Man I sure was wrong? Whats going on? A sucker rally? I just dont get it. Subprime loans,foreclosures,dollar at a all time low,oil prices on the rise ,rumors of war, terriost threats, where do I stop? Arnt safe returns better than risky ones?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 5:07pm
Just invest in oil and military contracts and you should be fine.

If you are REALLY pro-Iraq-colonialism the right thing would be to bet on the DINAR

http://betoniraq.com/

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by TheRomen TheRomen wrote:

Just invest in oil and military contracts and you should be fine.

If you are REALLY pro-Iraq-colonialism the right thing would be to bet on the DINAR

http://betoniraq.com/

Man, I think a lot of people are tired of your America bashing. I know this is a forum centered around "free speech"...but, your tactics are wearing thin.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 7:02pm
My tactics are wearing thin? And what tactics are those? The tactics of discussion and debate? Your right this board is focused on freedom of speech and I certainly far from crossing it.

Do you not think investing in oil and defense would be a good investment?   And I am an independent who is just projecting reality to the forum.   I think the policy of invading Iraq was a sound policy, an immoral one but sound, meaning I can see why we did it.

And the "Bet on Iraq" is just a tip for your portfolio if you have one. SOLID INVESTMENT ADVICE. We aint going anywhere for a long time. As Bush said well be their for at least fifty years like we were in Korea, Japan, Germany, etc. So if you want to profit from the war the Iraq Dinar is one way.

gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 7:19am
Colonel Romen you act as though your part of the" Iranian National Guard" Are you an advocate for Iran. Do you have a persecution complex cause you should go home and you know it? If you dont like the USA get out!
Never2late View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Never2late Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 8:57am
I don't much like the USA these days, but I'm not about to "get out." I don't know if I'm an "America basher" but I'm disgusted by what I see the government doing.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 9:03am
Gfin,

How do I act as though I am part of the Iraq national guard?   That makes no sense. Its a blind insult. Have I said anything about not liking the USA? No I havent. What's your point man?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 11:10am
Nevertolate,

Dont you realize you have to blindly accept everything your government does in order to be a true patriot?
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 12:29pm
Thankyou for the "INFORMATION"..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by TheRomen TheRomen wrote:

My tactics are wearing thin? And what tactics are those? The tactics of discussion and debate? Your right this board is focused on freedom of speech and I certainly far from crossing it.

Roman's doing considerably better now than he was before. When he first came he and I had some quite nasty debates, now that he's not being insultory I find it hard to argue with him. As long as you're not name calling Roman, more power to you.

Originally posted by Roman Roman wrote:

Do you not think investing in oil and defense would be a good investment?   And I am an independent who is just projecting reality to the forum.   I think the policy of invading Iraq was a sound policy, an immoral one but sound, meaning I can see why we did it.

And the "Bet on Iraq" is just a tip for your portfolio if you have one. SOLID INVESTMENT ADVICE.

I don't know why anyone could possibly debate with Roman on this one. OIL IS GOING TO GET MORE VALUABLE. Regardless of what happens, we're not going to be seeing nice cheap oil ever again, and i a war or hurricane comes, the price of oil will jump.

As for the Iraqi Dinar, I bought two million Iraqi Dinar while I was there. It cost me about $500USD per million and I got a bunch of different denominations. If the value of the dinar goes up even one penny, I'll make $10,000! If Iraq tanks, I'll have nifty Iraqi money to give away to friends. When I came back after my first time I easily had ten thousand Dinar in old Saddam funny-money. People snatched that stuff up like hotcakes. It's a little piece of history.

Originally posted by Roman Roman wrote:

We aint going anywhere for a long time. As Bush said well be their for at least fifty years like we were in Korea, Japan, Germany, etc. So if you want to profit from the war the Iraq Dinar is one way.

Exactamundo! I couldn't agree more!
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 9:26am
Originally posted by gnfin gnfin wrote:

Man I sure was wrong? Whats going on? A sucker rally? I just dont get it. Subprime loans,foreclosures,dollar at a all time low,oil prices on the rise ,rumors of war, terriost threats, where do I stop? Arnt safe returns better than risky ones?

With all of this stuff going on, why is the stock market doing so good??
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 1:31pm
I've got a theory on this, but think that it's kind of a crackpot one.

Follow me here: The DJI only shoulders stocks that it wants to. If the stock is doing crappy enough they boot it out in favor of another one. With that in mind there really is no way the stock market could look crappy. If I'm totally off base, let me know, but this seems to be the case as far as I can tell.

Either way it's going to be funny when the people see the farce that is Ethanol and run for cover. To make one gallon of Ethanol it takes almost a full gallon of crude oil. That kind of EROEI just isn't workable even under the best of condidions. They're just not factoring in all the various other oil products needed just to make the machine that gathered the corn up cost in oil.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 1:31pm
WHOA!!! Look at my title!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 1:35pm

lol ...  I fixed it.  Thanks. 

I also "reset" Turbo2 because I wasn't sure if it was working. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 3:19pm
I'm having a problem...

My first account, "Turboguy" won't let me login. I'd much rather just use that one. If you'd be so kind, could you reset it for me? What happened this time is that I forgot my password and stupidly tried thre times to login to no avail while I was at work. It's why I had to create this one.
4=laro View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4=laro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 6:37am
Looks like this problem is starting.  Sub-loans can be a real problem, especially with some of the funds starting to tank.
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 9:16am
Agree Laro- Every day it seems like everything is getting a little worse. Oil is approaching $80.00 a barrel,Terrorism fears, Ect.
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 2:58pm
Bad bad day today?Cry
4=laro View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4=laro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 12:03am
Well the dollar seems to be becoming less valuable every day and this sub-prime  lending thing is kinda being pushed under the rug.  It just reminds me of the Savings and Loan fiasco.  That was a real mess and i think we're heading for something like that again.  This may not be as bad, but it just depends on how many people get caught up in the reposession market.  I know during the last one i bought duplex's in houston that were like 12 years old for $5000 each.  So we'll see what happens this time, but i do look for things to get worse and i really feel we've only seen the tip of the iceburg when it comes to a real estate crash.
Hotair View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 2:10pm
I agree Laro,
They do want to push this thing under the rug as quickly as possible but there is no way that things will be back to normal,as they are predicting by 2009. Too many people fell for the whole subprime thing.My husband and I also take advantage of low real estate prices but we won't even start looking until 2009.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 4:49pm
Good call gnfin.  Was down over 400 at one point today.  The housing market is starting to scare everybody off.  
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 4:01am
Yes, not good yesterday. It will be interesting to see what happens in the comming days ahead..
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 4:03am
Dow Leads Global Selloff on Credit Woes

Jul 26 02:19 PM US/Eastern
By JOE BEL BRUNO
AP Business Writer       

View larger image

NEW YORK (AP) - Wall Street suffered its second-biggest plunge of the year Thursday, leading global markets lower as investors fled stocks amid increasing uneasiness about the mortgage and corporate lending markets. The Dow Jones industrials fell more than 350 points, while Treasury yields plunged as investors moved money into bonds.
Investors who had been able to shrug off discomfort about subprime mortgage problems and a more difficult environment for corporate borrowing appeared to finally succumb to those concerns. The Dow's drop is the biggest since it plummeted 416 points on Feb. 27 after a nearly 10 percent decline in Chinese stock markets.

Feeding the selling were concerns that higher corporate borrowing costs will curb the rapid pace of takeovers that have driven major indexes this year. Investors also feared the sluggish environment for home sales and continued defaults in subprime loans would spur debt defaults and weigh on corporate earnings.

"Worries that have been out there for the past couple of years are coming to a head right now," said investment strategist Edward Yardeni, president of Yardeni Research Inc. "It's show time."

Thursday's trading was the latest in a series of frenetic sessions over the past month—many accompanied by triple-digit swings in the Dow—as investors sold on worries about the subprime fallout or bought on optimism that there wouldn't be any widespread problems caused by mortgage failures. Many analysts have described the back- and-forth trading as overwrought and based more on gut emotion than careful consideration of market and economic fundamentals.

Perhaps the clearest sign that investors had abandoned caution was a July 12 rally that hurtled the Dow up 283 points—without any discernible catalyst and before Wall Street had had a chance to see the bulk of second-quarter earnings. When those earnings reports started flowing in, many turned out to be a sobering influence on the market, including news from Countrywide Financial Corp.

So, while the Dow passed 14,000 for the first time last week, investors obviously weren't feeling Thursday that such a lofty level was justified. In mid afternoon trading, the Dow plunged 351.41, or 2.55 percent, to 13,433.66, near its low of the session.

The Standard & Poor's 500 index dropped 43.91, or 2.89 percent, to 1,474.18 and the Nasdaq composite index tumbled 72.29, or 2.73 percent, to 2,575.88. The Russell 2000 index of smaller companies fell 28.96, or 3.56 percent, to 783.54.

The declines triggered a global selloff in stocks, causing minor losses in Europe to accelerate rapidly along with the Dow's drop. In Europe, Britain's FTSE 100 closed down 3.15 percent, Germany's DAX index dropped 2.39 percent, and France's CAC-40 fell 2.78 percent.

Markets were closed in Asia before the rout got under way. Japan's Nikke stock average closed up 0.88 percent and the Shanghai stock market composite added 0.52 percent to an all-time high.

Investors' global flight from equities was a boon for U.S. Treasurys as traders shifted cash into safer investments. Bonds rallied, with the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note falling to 4.80 percent from 4.90 percent late Wednesday.

Wall Street also found more immediate reasons to sell during the session. Among them was disappointing home sales figures released by the Commerce Department, which further eroded confidence in the housing industry's ability to rebound.

The department reported that sales of new homes fell 6.6 percent last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 834,000 units, more than triple what had been expected and the largest percentage drop since sales fell by 12.7 percent in January.

This boosted anxiety after quarterly results from home builders including Pulte Homes Inc. and D.R. Horton Inc. were squeezed by a sluggish environment from home sales and continued defaults in subprime loans.

"Wall Street continues to walk a wall of worry," said Ryan Larson, a senior equity trader at Voyageur Asset Management. "The housing market continues to be a story, and nobody knows when it will rebound. But, the real concerns are about credit and oil pushing higher."

Also stunting stocks was a disappointing durable goods report released by the Commerce Department. Though sales of big-ticket items increased by 1.4 percent last month to a seasonally adjusted $217.07 billion, durable goods excluding transportation equipment had an unexpected drop.

The Labor Department reported that jobless claims fell by 2,000 to 301,000 in the week ended July 21, slightly better than analysts' expectations.

Investors also reacted negatively as oil prices climbed to almost $77 per barrel during the session, stoking the market's worries about inflation. However, crude pared gains in the afternoon when a barrel of light sweet crude fell 75 cents at $75.13.

It all led to a frantic day for stock traders.

"It has been pretty volatile as of late, but now fears about a credit crunch are spreading more than they have in the past—and that's causing this drop," said Matt Kelmon, portfolio manager of the Kelmoore Strategy Funds. "That's hurting the financials, and now energy companies are joining the party because oil is so high. They make up a large part of the S&P 500."

Wall Street, now at the peak of second-quarter earnings season, has been extremely volatile lately—a signature of typically slower trading that has been heightened by record runs in major market indexes. On Thursday, declining issues beat advancers by a 15 to 1 basis on the New York Stock Exchange, where volume came to almost 1.54 billion shares.

Ford Motor rose 22 cents, or 2.9 percent, to $8.20 after it reported cost-cutting and a turnaround in its core automotive operations pushed its second-quarter to a profit. The company had posted seven quarters of losses as it grappled with sluggish sales and a major overhaul of its operations.

Dow component Exxon Mobil's disappointing second-quarter results also weighed on the overall market, even as energy prices continued to spike. Shares fell $4.30, or 4.6 percent, to $88.49 after it reported a smaller profit than analysts expected.

The Nasdaq's losses weren't as steep as other major indexes during the session due to strength from Apple Inc., which surged $7.82, or 5.7 percent, to $145.08. The iPod and iPhone maker's earnings easily surpassed Wall Street projections late Wednesday due to strong sales from its computer offerings.

Home builders sank after several disappointing reports. D.R. Horton fell 48 cents, or 2.8 percent, to $17 after it posted a fiscal third- quarter loss on charges to write down the value of unsold inventory and deposits on land.

Pulte fell 99 cents, or 5 percent, to $19.68 after it posted a second- quarter loss amid the struggling housing market.

Dow Chemical Co. dropped $2.28, or 5 percent, to $43.39 after second- quarter results missed expectations. The company said profit during the quarter rose 2 percent as strong international growth offset weakness in the North American housing and automotive sectors.

___

On the Net:

New York Stock Exchange: http://www.nyse.com

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 7:01am

Wait until tax time in December.   We could see something close to a recession.  It's a good idea to save as much money as possible over the next 6 - 12 months and get ready to pounce on the great deals.   After we possibly hit bottom in the stock market (again) and in the housing market, it will probably last around a year before they both go back up.  That's the window that I'm personally watching for.   It's not greed, just business. 

Now, a panflu this winter would also probably be the worst time to ever have one.  It would possibly set us back several years.   Cheered up yet?   LOL

gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 8:40am
Albert... I think its going to be a rough ride,housing subprime loans,,credit woes,dollar all time low,oil going to $85.00 by end of October? I think the markets will be crushed?? BEWARE....
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 8:54am
Seems like we are heading in that direction...All it will take is another disaster of some sort. Terrorist attack, bf, war,ect...
4=laro View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4=laro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 9:45am
Wanting to put your hard earned money in a safe place, this might be the time to look at GOLD coins.  They are easily converted from gold to dollars if you need to do that.  In the mean time, they will increase in value as the dollar weakens and price of oil increases.
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 4:31pm
A FIA is a great place for your QUALIFIED PLANS. YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN MARKET GAINS WITH NO RISK TO PRINCIPLE,AND GET A 10% BONUS CREDITED UPFRONT.yOULL GET 80-90% of gains with no risk. Not a bad deal?
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 3:43am
Originally posted by 4=laro 4=laro wrote:

Wanting to put your hard earned money in a safe place, this might be the time to look at GOLD coins.  They are easily converted from gold to dollars if you need to do that.  In the mean time, they will increase in value as the dollar weakens and price of oil increases.

Hi Laro, been there and done that. Wish i had more cash to buy more. Also Silver coins isn't a bad idea. If the dollar ever becomes worthless, these precious metals will be sought after, just like the begining of time. Plus it is a fun hobby owning some of these beautyfull coins!

SouthTexas View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 6:41am
4=laro and coyote,  where one but gold and silver coins?   ST
The Lord be magnified.
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 8:40am
AP
Oil Hits New Record on Inventory Report
Wednesday August 1, 10:52 am ET
By John Wilen, AP Business Writer
Oil Prices Rise to New Record After Government Reports Drop in Crude Inventories

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oil prices jumped to a new record Wednesday after the government reported a steep drop in crude inventories last week as refinery utilization surged.
Light, sweet crude for September delivery rose 55 cents to $78.76 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. That surpasses the previous record of $78.40, set in July 2006.

ADVERTISEMENT

September gasoline futures fell a cent to $2.0959 a gallon on the Nymex. Gasoline inventories rose last week.

Nymex heating oil futures fell by 1.12 cents to $2.112 a gallon while natural gas futures gained 27.9 cents to $6.47 per 1,000 cubic feet.

In London, September Brent crude fell 15 cents to $76.90 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange.

In its weekly report, the Energy Department's Energy Information Administration said oil inventories fell by 6.5 million barrels in the week ended July 27, far more than the 690,000-barrel decline analysts surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires, on average, had expected.

Refinery utilization jumped by 1.9 percentage points to 93.6 percent of capacity, more than double the expected increase of 0.7 percentage points.

Gasoline inventories rose by 600,000 barrels, the EIA said. Analysts had expected an increase of 1.1 million barrels. Inventories of distillates, which include heating oil and diesel fuel, rose by 2.8 million barrels. Analysts had expected distillate inventories to rise by 1.4 million barrels.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 1:15pm

Albert... I think its going to be a rough ride, housing sub-prime loans, credit woes, dollar all time low, oil going to $85.00 by end of October? I think the markets will be crushed?? BEWARE....

Gnfin...If the market is "crushed"? What happens?
I'm not in this field.

What are you personally doing to prepare for a crushed market? We don't have money to buy coins, etc. What would you suggest for a family like ours?

We do well putting a hot meal on the table and stocking six months of food, toilet paper, medical needs, water, etc.
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 3:07pm
Do what you can,and pay yourself first. Try to save 10% if you can?
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 10:05pm
Wow today was bad...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Annie Annie wrote:

Gnfin...If the market is "crushed"? What happens? I'm not in this field.

What are you personally doing to prepare for a crushed market?
We don't have money to buy coins, etc.
What would you suggest for a family like ours?

We do well putting a hot meal on the table and stocking six months of food, toilet paper, medical needs, water, etc.

Do what you can, and pay yourself first. Try to save 10% if you can?

We do try to put away something each month.
All of the credit cards are at zero, that is a sense of peace.
Tuesday my husband fell off a horse and has been off work, ex-rays show he did NOT break his back. He is very sore and stiff.
He hadn't seen a doctor since 2004 checkup and hasn't missed work in over twenty years.
He now may be off work another week or ???
We have food on the shelves and if necessary we do have our bird flu supplies.

Emergencies can happen anywhere and anytime.
You are so right to have some savings, food, and supplies set aside.
Thank-you Gnfin.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 1:44pm

Wow today was bad...

What happened? I was out of the country in an airplane and haven't gotten to see current events.

All I saw is that the bridge I cross just about every day fell down and took some people with it, and then the President came and further clogged highway 35 making it so I couldn't get back to my house after I returned.
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 11:05pm
Bear Stearn says they havent seen it like this in 22 years? Was that "BLACK MONDAY "crash of 87 there referring too? Did they mean 20years ago?
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 9:44am
If the market closes lower tomorrow beware..
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 12:17pm
Dont get suckered in here. This is a sucker rally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWksEJQEYVU
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 9:31am
ITS HAPPENING......
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 1:31pm
Its a bad day!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic