Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - OT: looks like tough times ahead for Stock Market?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

OT: looks like tough times ahead for Stock Market?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 11:24am
We all assume that when the bottom is reached the market would start going up the same way it came down, But what if we would get to the bottom and stay there and not move upAngry
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 11:58am
PRES. Addresses The Nation

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=289004&cl=10135440&src=finance&ch=4043681
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 12:01pm

It will go back up.....

Banks lack Capital.....they are selling large blocks of stocks.......
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 12:07pm

source

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnbc/081010/27114651.html

CNBC

Radical Measures May Be In The Wings

Friday October 10, 12:12 pm ET

excerpt-

Paulson may have to inject capital into any number of financial institutions—even non-depository ones like investment banks, insurers and hedge funds.
....................................................................................................................

delightful...
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 12:28pm
Does anyone have a good source to buy gold? D
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 12:32pm

Dow is Up Up Up eaaaaa!!!!  3:30 today  End of doom and gloom buy buy now  Smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 12:37pm

lrg cap Oil stocks going back up....

Many Large caps are going back up into ......60.00

Citigroup going up over 14.00....
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 12:46pm
No No No Don’t go down 3:43 everybody all together buy buy buy common people
GE at $19 buck cheep
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 12:57pm
 I think this is it we are back yes back the bottom is 8,000
LaRo View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 1:17pm
Evergreen, the most reliable source I know of is  www.apmex.com , out of OK.  They are a direct for the mint and have always been a great price.  Check their site and contact them to find out how long before delivery.
r we there yet?
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 1:17pm

Ok we are back now lets shift the focus from our economy to the our enemies IRAN

We need a diversion something else to talk about something more important something that entire country would rally behind it like let’s get Ben Ladin

Here is a good article to read  

http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/30312?gclid=CK6rxKi7nZYCFQVfFQodXDiU5w

US to invade Iran any day now?

A few weeks ago the Russian newspaper Izvestia, a well-known and authoritive daily published nationwide and abroad, came forward with something that would have been looked upon as a conspiracy theory if published by a tabloid.

The paper suggested that by attacking South Ossetia, the Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili had badly damaged a planned U.S. military operation against Iran. In the newspaper's opinion Georgia was supposed to play the role of another "unsinkable aircraft carrier" for the U.S., i.e. an operational and tactical base for U.S.
aircraft that would be making bombing raids into Iran. Something akin to what Thailand was in the Vietnam war.

Thailand certainly benefited from the arrangement, and Georgia would have too, insists the paper, if its President hadn't put his ambitions above the US national interest and ended up beaten, disarmed, chewing on his neckties and totally incapable of providing whatever the U.S. needs from him.

That's why, according to Izvestia in yet another article on the matter, the U.S. response to the Russian retaliation was harsh in words but very mild in action. The latest on the issue suggests that Mikhail Saakashvili may be replaced any day now by direct order from Washington.

Having read the story in Izvestia I decided to try to figure out the extent of improbability and impossibility of the assumptions. As I was doing that, I remembered that early in August CNN had started showing U.S. generals who cried for more troops and hardware for Afghanistan which, in their opinion, was rapidly becoming a more intensive conflict than Iraq.

Shortly after that, a phone call came from a college friend who had just come back from Kandahar in Afghanistan, where he had seen American battle tanks being unloaded from a Ukrainian-registered Antonov-124 "Ruslan", the heaviest and largest cargo airplane in the world. The friend asked if I had any idea what tanks would be good for in Afghanistan, and I said I didn't. It's an established fact from the Soviet war in Afghanistan that tanks are no good for most of the country's mountainous territory. They are good for flatlands, and the main body of flat land in the region is right across the border in Iran.

Later in August there was another bit of unofficial information from a Russian military source: more than a thousand American tanks and armored vehicles had been shipped to Eastern Afghanistan by Ukrainian "Ruslans" flying in three to five shipments a day, and more flights were expected.

Somehow all this, together with the series of articles in Izvestia, the information that all U.S. troops in Afghanistan are going to be reassigned and regrouped under unified command, the arrival of NATO naval ships in the Black Sea, the appointment of a man used to command troops in a combat environment as the new commander of the US Central Command and other bits and pieces. To my total astonishment, when they all fell together the Izvestia story started looking slightly more credible than before.

Today the U.S. media reported that there had been a leak from the Pentagon about a secret Presidential order in which President Bush authorized his military (most of which is currently on Afghan soil) to conduct operations in Pakistan without the necessity for informing the Pakistani government. The U.S. military in Afghanistan - or shall we say in the whole region neighboring Iran - is getting a freer hand by the day. And it is getting more and more hardware to play with.

Of course it's quite clear now that Georgia has lost its immediate potential as a nearby airfield, but after all, the aircraft carriers in the Gulf are not so far away.

Believe me I'm not saying that the U.S. is going to start an all-out war against Iran tomorrow. But aren't there indications that it may happen the day after tomorrow, a month from now, or on any date before the official handover of Presidency in the U.S.? Or, as some suggest, before the election?

I'm just asking the questions. But there are some people, like those working for Izvestia, for instance, who answer them with a "yes".

Evgeny Belenkiy, RT.

Post this story to
del.icio.us

MelodyAtHome View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 1:19pm

My opinion. We are not at teh bottom. We have a ways to go and we will stay there for some time. Just my opinion. What do I know thought:O)

Melody
Melody
Emergency Preparedness 911
http://emergencypreparedness911.blogspot.com/
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by LaRo LaRo wrote:

Evergreen, the most reliable source I know of is  www.apmex.com , out of OK.  They are a direct for the mint and have always been a great price.  Check their site and contact them to find out how long before delivery.

Thanks, LaRo. I did go to the website and have several of my questions answered. I like the idea of a rollover IRA purchasing gold/silver. Thanks again, D
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
LaRo View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 3:26pm
after i posted, i did go to the site and they have a memo from the mint posted saying there are no gold coins available and none will become available.   So best try ebay, the paper gold is down and not a good source to find the value of gold, the comex shows gold at around 850 an oz, but i doubt you can find it anywhere for that price.
r we there yet?
LaRo View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 3:27pm
however they do have some mexican gold coins at a decent price.
r we there yet?
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2008 at 8:17am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2008 at 8:24am

It is an interesting article...  But he didn't point out that Cramer said protect your money days before on... the street.com ...prior to the tv appearance.

Cramer to the Market: Now Is the Time to Panic

By Tim Hanson
October 6, 2008

Please note that Tim Hanson's article was dated last Monday...

The weeks before that...Cramer had suggested selling about 20% to protect money needed for expenditures for the next few yrs...by Monday people would have prudently protected their money....see our board's  threads.

waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2008 at 12:04pm
MF warns of financial meltdown as crisis rages
Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:15pm EDT

By Lesley Wroughton and Emily Kaiser

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund warned on Saturday that debt-ridden banks were pushing the global financial system to the brink of meltdown and rich nations had so far failed to restore confidence.

The United States appealed for patience as world leaders raced to stabilize financial markets and avert the deepest global recession in decades, but the IMF said more steps would be needed in the coming months.

"Intensifying solvency concerns about a number of the largest U.S.-based and European financial institutions have pushed the global financial system to the brink of systemic meltdown," IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn said.

President George W. Bush huddled with Group of Seven economic chiefs and officials from the IMF and World Bank, and said top industrial nations grasped the gravity of the crisis and would work together to solve it.

"I'm confident that the world's major economies can overcome the challenges we face," Bush said, adding that Washington was working as fast as possible to implement a $700 billion financial bailout package approved a week ago.

"The benefits will not be realized overnight, but as these actions take effect, they will help restore stability to our markets and confidence to our financial institutions."

Confidence has been in short supply and panic has swept through global markets, driving stocks to a five-year low on Friday and prompting banks to hoard cash. That has choked off lending to businesses and households, threatening to turn a global economic slowdown into a dangerously deep recession.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said risks to the global economy were "the most serious and challenging in recent memory."

NEXT STEPS

The world's rich nations vowed on Friday to take all necessary steps to unfreeze credit markets and ensure banks can raise money but they offered no specifics on a collective course of action to avert the recession threat.

In a surprisingly brief statement after a 3-1/2 hour meeting, the G7 stopped short of backing a British plan to guarantee lending between banks, something many on Wall Street saw as vital to end growing market panic.

Kenneth Rogoff, a Harvard University professor and former IMF chief economist, said the G7 would have been better served adopting some version of the British plan so that banks would feel confident enough to loosen their grip on lending.

"Saying that they'll take all steps necessary leaves hanging the question of whether they know what is best and necessary," he told Reuters. "It was a signature moment for the G7. I think markets are going to be very disappointed."

European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet said markets needed time to digest a series of dramatic steps taken by world central banks in recent days, including pouring billions of dollars into financial markets and lowering interest rates in the broadest coordinated cut on record.

An emergency meeting of euro zone leaders on Sunday will discuss a bank rescue package taking Britain's initiative as a reference point, a source close to the French presidency said, even though as a non-euro member Britain would not attend.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said euro zone countries were working on a joint solution, and he planned to meet with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown shortly before Sunday's euro zone gathering.

Britain's rescue plan, launched last week, makes available 50 billion pounds ($86 billion) of taxpayers' money for injection into its banks and, crucially, to underwrite interbank lending which has all but frozen around the globe.

Germany was also considering injecting capital into its banks, Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Saturday.

WORKING AROUND THE CLOCK

The U.S. government was scrambling to put together a plan to buy direct stakes in American banks to shore up balance sheets riddled with heavy credit losses from the 14-month crisis that began with failing U.S. mortgage loans.

U.S. Treasury's Paulson said it was "naive" to think that the G7 would endorse a one-size-fits-all approach to ending the credit crisis because there were major differences between the countries and their financial systems.

But even as Paulson and his fellow finance ministers insisted that they were working as fast as possible, there were signs the economy was credit-starved and deteriorating fast.

The U.S. auto sector has been particularly hard-hit. General Motors has had talks with smaller rival Chrysler LLC about a merger that would combine the No. 1 and No. 3 American automakers at a time when both are struggling to cut costs and shore up cash, according to a source briefed on the matter.

Financial weekly Barron's reported that GM was preparing to approach the U.S. Federal Reserve about borrowing money directly from the central bank because the logjam in credit markets had shut it out of other kinds of borrowing.

Paulson said the U.S. government would buy shares of financial institutions if necessary to halt market turmoil that has wiped out trillions of dollars of wealth.

"We're going to do it as we can do it in a proper way that will be effective. Trust me, we're not wasting time, we're working around the clock," Paulson said late on Friday after the G7 meeting broke up.

(Reporting by G7 team; Writing by Emily Kaiser; Editing by Tim Ahmann)

Chloess View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 5:15am
I called a former coworker yesterday to see what her thoughts on the stock market are (she is a member of MENSA and personally the smartest person I have ever met) and she is even more freaked out about what is going to happen to the economy then I am!!
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 6:36pm
Sucker rally tomorrow!!!!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 7:27pm

I think it will be the usual roller coaster tomorrow.  They have a few good ideas.

We are not as bad off as some countries...at this point.

China, India and Russian markets are bad news. 

It will be interesting to see what world minds come up with.

check out what's going on around the world...  REUTERS Videos

http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=92058&videoChannel=5

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 8:32pm
I'm still watching these REUTERS Videos... very interesting...news from many countries...they translate.

they really paniced in France...

keep calm America.

check out what's going on around the world...  REUTERS Videos

http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=92058&videoChannel=5
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 7:39am
Sucker rally tomorrow!!!!!!

No way waterboy  I cant be  This will be very scary if this happens then nobody  will do anything for at least 6 months  I was hopping that this was a market correction not a complete collapse   DeadDeadDead
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 1:56pm
wow.  Up +900 today.  This is exactly why I don't gamble in the market, which is because I'm just not all that good at it, lol.   Last week, they said the economy was going to collapse.  This week, the market is fully rebounding and is recovering - and without the 700b Bailout.  Looks like the so-called credit freeze had nothing to do with the market after all.   Either way, playing the market just isn't my thing, and I think I will remain on the sidelines. 

waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 2:29pm
Albert I feel this is nothing other than a sucker rally. By wednesday the markets will be there old selves again. Beware.....
GreenTeam View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTeam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 3:58pm
What is this rally based on? It seems there are still many banks that are vulnerable and might fail, plus earnings reports coming in (right?) and they might be bad, plus all those credit default swaps floating around. It just seems weird to me that last week many of us felt like we were heading into a depression. So why the upbeat mood in the market today?
edprof View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edprof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 4:33pm
Tongue Albert, I think your assessment is a good one.  There's too much psychology and too little hard data going on here. 

Did we really need $700b worth of "feel good?"

Oftentimes the Lord helps those who help themselves.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 6:56pm

I agree with waterboy...sucker rally is a good term:O)

Melody

Melody
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 7:45pm
That +900 gain shows how unstable the market really is.  The swings from high to low are getting larger - and appear to be even more unstable if you ask me.   Another low swing in the other direction and there might not be anything left.  There could also be a little profit taking tomorrow, so who knows what will happen.   At this stage, I would still rather take my chances at Caesars Tahoe at a Black Jack table over gambling in the market.   

Hi Edprof, I agree.  The market had the single largest gain in one day, and without any bailout money.   
alpha480v View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha480v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 1:49am
The stock market sure looks unstable to me. I would rather take my chances on a low interest savings account at my local bank then in this market.
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 7:05am
OR BUY A" FIXED INDEXED ANNUITY". This product allows you to participate in the ups of the markets with none of the downs. Sounds too good to be true? TRUE they are underwritten by Insurance Companies like Allianz. Allianz would buy call options... Seven out of ten years the markets had made money. You would pick up 80ish% of the gains with none of the downside risk!!!! Allianz is the best in its class. Call them for free information 1-800-950-7372. ,or call your local Insurance agent or Financial Advisor. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 7:22am
This is a site where you can listen to all kinds of market info...this one is on naked short selling.     

http://www.cato.org/dailypodcast/podcast-archive.php?podcast_id=611

You don't have to click on anything,  when it's over you can click on the titles at the left if you like.  If you want to listen to the latest go here...

http://www.cato.org/

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 5:24am
Hong Kong Markets are down 5%.   This could get ugly for the DOW today.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 8:53am
Shorts Can Still Sway This Irrational Market

By Jim Cramer

I would normally say, "What a solid showing." But you know what? That presumes these days have any consecutive pattern whatsoever. I am struck, again, by one of our new contributors, Rick Bensignor, and his analysis of an asset class that has become a crapshoot. That means that right now, the idea of drawing a conclusion on any action seems foolhardy.

source

http://secure2.thestreet.com/cap/login/rm_mbp_dyn_v2.jsp?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=PREMIUM&cm_ite=003190&flowid=eab773acb8&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestreet.com%2Fp%2F_yahoo%2Frmoney%2Fjimcramerblog%2F10442435.html
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 9:34am
A good bet would be to short Microsoft down to around $10.00.  I believe it's currently at around $22.00.   Should hit $5 - $10 range. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 11:49am
Like ...Ford...holding steady at 2.41  Do we have enough to  bail everyone?

I just drove back into my neighborhood after lunch and saw a big white sign nailed high up on a telephone pole up the street,  It said in big narrow black hand lettering...  ENOUGH.

Has anyone seen this around?  I've been pretty busy with my own narrow focus... is that political, economic or both?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 11:58am

I have not seen a sign like that Mary. Tonight is the last Presidential debate. I will be watching and hope there is more information and less candidate bashing.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 1:07pm
And ugly it was today.  Down - 730 today (7% loss) Looks like we're back to full collapse, lol. 

Lookout below.
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 1:25pm
I said Monday was a sucker rally... Tomorrow should be bad too. Earning season upon us and mostly NO earnings. Dow will test 6700 at the lowest? Beware things are not going to be good until Obama gets elected. Then youll have earnings again weighing down on the market. There will be very little earnings the final quarter other than limited retail spending because of Christmas.   BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET. It may take a year or so to get back to 14000 on the DOWCry.?
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 1:26pm
I called it again.....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 1:55pm

lol  

now we have to be mindful.. of the Boomers with accounts that have been harmed by this and feel compassion... this is not good for many.
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 2:11pm
I will have a significant stock tip within the next couple weeks.You can all make some serious $$$$.
GreenTeam View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTeam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by waterboy waterboy wrote:

I said Monday was a sucker rally... Tomorrow should be bad too. Earning season upon us and mostly NO earnings. Dow will test 6700 at the lowest? Beware things are not going to be good until Obama gets elected. Then youll have earnings again weighing down on the market. There will be very little earnings the final quarter other than limited retail spending because of Christmas.   BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET. It may take a year or so to get back to 14000 on the DOWCry.?

There was an error in your post. You mean "until McCain gets elected." Tongue
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 8:29pm
Tomorrow could be interesting.  Let's hope the bottom doesn't fall out tomorrow with an all time record loss.   The Hong Kong market is currently down 7% (-1100 points) and it's only 11:00am there, so it's not looking good.   
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 8:57pm
Albert I agree...I don't think Thursday looks very good and usually Friday if there is any selling it will be a BIG sell off...but again...what do I know LOLWink So far Dow Futures are down but it is only about midnight...I just hope my hubby keeps his job until I build my home business where I need it.
Health insuance is what I worry about the most if he lost his job because it would cost a fortune for the 4 of us being hubby and I have some health issues as well as daughter. This is scary stuff.
Melody
Melody
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>
  Share Topic