Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Ordering Prescription Drugs Cheaper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamclose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ordering Prescription Drugs Cheaper
    Posted: February 15 2006 at 8:36am
Does anyone have a place to order Prescription/non prescription drugs cheaper than your local pharmacy?  I was pricing my husbands and sons insulins and was wondering if anyone has ordered outside of the US?  Any help will greatly be appreciated.  I am trying to get at least a 3 month supply of insulins stocked up.  Thanks! 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 12:20pm

I will be buying extra prescription drugs online via Canadian pharmacy. I can get 3 months worth for what I usually pay for 1 month (with insurance!). Because of the way health care is in Canada, medicine is cheaper there. The down side: Canadian pharmacies will not accept your insurance. You will have to pay the whole price. The bright side: The whole price is not as bad as what it costs here. Some medicines are more of course, depends on what you are buying.

I have not chosen a Canadian pharmacy yet, but I will go to google.com and then use Froogle to find one (they have merchant ratings, which is nice).

Perhaps some of our friends in Canada here can recommend one... that would be great. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Richard View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 2:57pm

My son is a type one diabetic and I am concerned that I will not be able to obtain enough supplies.  We could ask the doc for a script but I would think that he would have to put a date on it and we may not want to buy right now although I dont want to wait and they get cought in a panic buying scene.  Any advice Richard in Rhode Island

richard
iamclose View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamclose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 3:32pm
That's what I am also worried about.......obtaining enough if there is a shortage.  With insulin ranging from 84.00 for one kind and 35.00 for the other two that makes it hard to stock pile enough for 6 months or a year.  Any help where I may order it cheaper will greatly be appreciated.  We have insurance but I know that they will not pay for any to stockpile.  At least with insulin and syringes you don't have to have a prescription to purchase it. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 8:52pm

For diabetics....

Please look up the incredible (positive) effects of cinnamon on blood sugar.  30 minutes prior to meals.

Anon from Siberia

RotroShaggy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotroShaggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:06pm

HeyEveryone.  If you are looking for a Canadian pharmacy that is reputable and don't want to worry about whether the drugs you are buying are counterfeit, the state of Wisconsin has a list of approved pharmacies that it has physically inspected and gives them its seal of approval for its residents.  The pharmacies are:  CanaDrugs.com, Granville RX (Onlinecanadianpharmacy.com) and Total Care Pharmacy (crossborderpharmacy.com).  I think total Care Pharmacy is also approved by the state of Minnesota.  I found the best prices at CanaDrugs.com.  Hope this helps!

RotroShaggy

RotroShaggy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:50pm
Thanks so much RotroShaggy!
Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 6:01pm
  Does any one know of a pharamcy that would fill a prescription for high blood pressure and heart medication?  I went to the doctor 3 days ago to ask for presc.  The nurse said she would tell him what i wanted then call me back to let me know.  I haven't heard from her.  i will call or go by there tomorrow.  I know my insurance won't pay, we are willing to pay for the extra months medication.  Does any one have a doctor that would write me a prescription?  I could have them filled by an online pharmacy.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks Guys.
Pebbles View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 3:27pm
Help!  I have our 1 yr prescriptions but can only order 3 months at a time.  Does anyone know how to get around this problem?
Blackbird singing in the dead of the night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly. All my life. You were only waiting for this moment to arise.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 3:48pm

online pharmacy

I've been purchasing my diuretics from this company for the past few years.  I've also purchased Zithromax from them. 

http://www.1drugstore-online.com/

Pebbles View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 5:28pm
Thanks oknut!  This one has RX's from MX and Canada.  I will definately check it out.
Blackbird singing in the dead of the night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly. All my life. You were only waiting for this moment to arise.
zumble View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 6:03pm

A couple of thoughts:

Missipmama:  You'd do far better to call the doc again and again until he calls the Rx in.  Pharmacies will not fill Rx without this.  Also, consider aasking the doc to double your dose on the prescription...if you are supposed to take a tablet once a day, then ask him to write it for two tablets once a day. or one tablet twice a day.  This will allow you to keep a bit ahead on prescriptions.  Tell the doc why you're doing this.

I was also under the impression that you do NOT need a prescription for insulin.  I believe that Eli Lilley set this up when the drug was marketed, or so a pharmacist once told me.  Insurance companies like it of course, so they can be sure they don't have to pay for more med than they have to.  Will have to look this up, but I think I'm correct.

Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 9:18pm
  Zumple thank you so much this is a great idea.  iIwill get on it right away.
iamclose View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamclose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 3:44am
I know for a fact that you don't have to have a prescription for insulin.  I have 2 diabetics in my family (son & hubby). 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 10:27am

Im  looking for aplace to buy pricription  medicine without the pricription

mamasjob View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 3:18pm
I have been buying my daughter's insulin from Canada for about 6 months now.  I have had a great experience with:

They don't require a RX for the insulin.  (by the way...for HUMULOG insulin you DO need a RX to purchase in the US...the other types of insulin do not require the RX...the HUMULOG is the kind of insulin that starts acting immediately)

The above mentioned resource (getcanadiandrups) have delivered 4 orders to me in a VERY speedy fasion...had excellent shipping materials (ie: used cold packs to insure the efficacy of the insulin)..and they do appear to offer many other types of medication not related to diabetes.

Hope this helps! Sincerely, JD
mamasjob View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 3:21pm
Oops...I should probably also state, for the record...that I am in no way affiliated with getcanadiandrugs..:)

Also, should have mentioned that I pay 1/2 what I am charged at my local pharmacy.  I have been stocking up on insulin and other med supplies as part of my prepping.  I am so grateful for this forum...I would never have thought to do that before joining AFT.  We had only kept a 1 month supply on hand...and now I have 4 months put by.

Sincerely, JD
mamasjob View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 3:25pm

TYPE 1 DIABETICS....please note that cinnamon is recommended for TYPE 2 diabetics.  TYPE 1 is a completely different "horse" so-to-speak.  We do use cinnamon as a SMALL part of my daughter's regimin...to increase the efficacy of the insulin.  However, I caution anyone from assuming this is a substitute for ANY sort of Type 1 diabetic insulin requirement. 

Sincerely, JD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic