Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Candles will be on sale after Christmas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levygoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candles will be on sale after Christmas
    Posted: December 25 2007 at 4:54pm
Be sure to take advantage of Christmas sales to stock up on things such as candles and rubbermaid totes..etc...you can get candles real cheap after Christmas....TongueWink
God put us here for a reason
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 9:34pm
what about glow lights?=]
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Levygoddess View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levygoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 9:37pm
What do you mean glow lights?
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 10:05pm
like are glow lights good to use in exchange for candles since candles can fall and fires could start? safety and such
woffman View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 11:14am
These are glow lights levygoddess.

glowrus.com/12_hour_safety_lightsticks.html  .

I forget how to do a link.

Levygoddess View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levygoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 5:47pm
thanks Ive seen these at concerts etc...but never thought of them to use in an emergency
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 7:51pm
they have some emergency glow lights. i think they glow orange
Gexydaf View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gexydaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 11:37pm
But for those folks that want candles instead of glow sticks -- I've had a lot of luck buying candles at estate sales.  

If I was buying glow sticks I'd look on ebay.  I wonder if they stay fresh until they are used.  Anyone know?
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2007 at 9:05pm

Good tip about the candles on sale. I got several dozen votives last year after Christmas for .02 and .03 each. Of course they were all red and green ones, but who cares.

July View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Gexydaf Gexydaf wrote:

But for those folks that want candles instead of glow sticks -- I've had a lot of luck buying candles at estate sales.   If I was buying glow sticks I'd look on ebay.  I wonder if they stay fresh until they are used.  Anyone know?

We keep some of these on hand for power outage.
One will last for up to twelve hrs so you can set it out overnight for kids that are afraid of dark.
We had one that was many years past the printed expiration date on the package and it worked just fine.
YOu can sometimes find deals on these after Halloween. They are not the larger camping/emergency type but still provide hours of light.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic