Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Final preps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Final preps?
    Posted: February 15 2006 at 8:49pm
I know it's been occurring to some folks -- as it has me -- that we might be close to the time to start our "final preps." I must admit, I don't know what my final preps are. I mean, I feel like I'm still in the middle of prepping. I would like in this thread to discuss what final preps consist of. Clearly, that will vary from person to person. However, it would really help some of us if others of you who have given this matter some thought would share with us what you consider your final preps to be. (And also when you will start them....) -- Libby
meewee View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meewee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 9:02pm

final preps;

dog food, cat food, kitty litter, filling up all fuel containers (propane, kerosine, gasoline and adding fuel extenders) extra cash, more batteries, more spray bottles, calling kids and getting them to think about coming home, if not to add to their preps. More ammo and reloading supplies. Moving in father-in-law and his 2 cats That's going to be fun! more water barrels and pool shock. Last of med refills, lots of prayers.

Meewee

God Bless us all!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 9:14pm

Lysol

Prescription Meds

OTC Meds

Extra Bleach

Water
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 10:01pm

Hand crank mixer. I've posted this before, but it is so just cool.

libbyalex View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 6:54am
When, when, when? When are you all going to get your final preps? I think my final preps include water, more gloves, fresh produce. Not sure when my final preps should be done.... So hard to interpret all the news these days....
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 7:32am
beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds beer, cigaretts, rolling papers, pot seeds, more beer, rolling papers, pot seeds
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
meewee View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meewee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 8:13am

Hey Corn can you send me your suppliers name ?

Meewee

God Bless us all!
Sunset View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 9:17am
               GOTTA LOVE YOU CORN, HAD MY FRIST SMILE FOR THE DAY, THANKS...........I EVEN CALL MY YOUNGEST SON AND TALKED TO HIM AND TOLD HIM WHAT CORN HAD SAID..........HE SAID    COOL     AND WANTS TO READ THE FORUM........I KNEW I WOULD GET HIM IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.........HE HAS DONE A LITTLE TO GET READY AND EVEN BROUGHT ME A DOZEN CANNING JARS.........HE LOVES THAT PORK AND CHICKEN, CANNED AT HOME....................WE WENT OUT AND GOT A PRESSURE CANNER AND WE ARE PUTTING MEATS UP, ALONG WITH THE BROTHS IN QUART JARS, THIS WAY I DON'T HAVE TO USE TO MUCH WATER ...I CAN OPEN A JAR AND PUT THE RICE OR WHAT EVER IN IT AND HAVE A MEAL..I AM EVEN GOING TO TRY CANNING MY CABBAGE ROLLS AND PUT THEM IN QUART JARS..........SOUPS TOO..............WE ARE GETTING READY, LITTLE BY LITTLE, DOING THE BEST WE CAN AND AS FAST AS THE PAY CHECK WILL ALLOW..............WE WILL BUY SEEDS THIS SPRING WHEN THEY COME OUT DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO STORE THEM FOR LONG TERM USE......WE HAVE A VAC SEALER........BUT I DONT WANT TO PUT THEM IN THE FREZER,CAUSE IF ELECT. GOES SO DO MY SEEDS......HOW LONG WILL THEY LAST///////////     SUNSET
Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 6:28pm
  I will try my best to have my preps done by the end of the month. But stuff keeps poping up in my head.  I wonder if there is an end.  Anyway my last minute preps are.  new under clothes, hair color so if i can't get to the beauty shop.  Clippers to keep our hair trimmed as best we can, noxzema face pads, lots of extra reading glasses from the dollar or dollar general, so if i lose or misplace my glasses, these will certainly help you get by, dental whitner, panty liners this is for the women, extra cash,sulfur& lime rat posion a little meet for the freezer not to much. A few other things I'm sure I've forgotten.  How much dish detregent are you guys buying?
libbyalex View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 7:23pm
Good additions everyone -- including Corn....   Good to have the reminder about reading glasses and clippers. Mississippi Mama -- I bought two large bottles of dish detergent from Costco. Should last over a year....
KOMET163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOMET163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 4:07am

Candles more ammo, Kerosene lamp lamp fuel . got enough rice and beans. more masks, gloves and a trip to russell stovers outlet store for candies.  we plan on meds too my girlfriend has plans to get 120 day supply of meds.  I himk we have done our homework. We hope that our efforts are not in vain... 

KOMET163

willow41 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willow41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 5:10am

I will do my final preps when H2H transmission has been annouced. If there was true H2H transmission now, many more people would be sick, and it would be in the U.S.

extra water, fresh produce, milk/cheese/eggs/yogurt, extra diapers/wipes, junk food, lamp oil/batteries, water softner salt, bread, potatoes, gas in cars

RainBow View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainBow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 9:56am

I have different preps for different time frames. Such as a list of things to get / do now. A list for when it becomes H2H, a list for when it actually becomes a pandemic worldwide, or at least here in Canada. And a list for if/when the city starts shutting down and looters come out.

One prep I didn't notice on here is car batteries. If you have a couple of them, a charger and a generator with fuel you could use the batteries to run your fridge etc, then use the generator to run the battery charger to re-charge your battery when it becomes low. This would save on generator fuel. Hopefully we will not have to go without power though.  

merrittjohn View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merrittjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 1:55pm
Stabilized gasoline,  another 2 tanks of propane, a few gallons of kerosene, fresh fruits and veggies... especially onions, garlic and hard squash, carrots, beets, potatoes, cabbage and a few large wheels of waxed cheese.  This weekend I'm building a root cellar in a very cool walled off part of my basement.  Thanx Corn..... I almost forgot the rolling papers!
willtolive
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 2:54pm
Sea Drops...Anti fog solution for closed goggles. I suppose fogX for car windows would do the same thing. -K
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 3:12pm
Stormrider, what a wonderful suggestion for the anti-fog!  Going on my list ASAP!
Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 6:28pm
  OK you guys this final prep stuff is not as easy as I thought.  I left the house at 9:30 this morning and got back at five. I was doing nothing but final prep stuff.  You will be surprised at what you start to add to your final prep list as you realize that in a few weeks or months you might not be able to go to the store at all for a long time.  So please dont' wait until the very very last moment. It's'probably going to take you a lot longer than you think.  So get an early start on the final preps.  I still haven't finished. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 7:05pm
I dont drink but I will go to the liquor store .  I figure it will be worth more than money.   Thats if I feel I have my own prepping done.  I know that sounds shallow but thats just me.
libbyalex View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 8:38pm

Ah, yes. Need several bottles of sherry. Some scotch too... Maybe some red wine....

We're about to leave for a visit to my mother who lives in a small town in NW Pennsylvania. We'll hit the Goodwill, the dollar store, KMart, and Big Lots while we're there.....

No internet connection there. Catch you all in a few days! -- Libby

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 8:48pm
Gen III night vision 3 sets. A few more 100# propane tanks. More seeds, two more level IIIA with plates.
outsidethecamp View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outsidethecamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 6:38pm
Like RBarnes55, I'm not a big drinker.  Occasionally, I'll have a glass of wine or two but that's about it. 

Today I finally got up the courage & went to the liquor store to purchase a bunch minature bottles of booze that we could use for bartering if we needed to. 

I felt so out of place that I told the checkout lady that I was buying them to make a liquor bouquet for a bachelorette party!!!  What a crock...she likely saw right thru me.

This prepping is getting more & more difficult all the time!

God bless us all...
Peggy in MN
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 6:47pm

I found a great site with some good tips

http://www.huttoncommentaries.com/other/health/H5N1/bird_flu _pandemc_prep.htm

Enjoy, and take notes!

love in the past is a memory, love in the future is a fantasy, the only time to truly love is now.-buddha
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 6:55pm
2md stun gun,  more fruit, and the freeze dried eggs ccme in today.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 7:25pm
outsidethc amp :she probally thought you were just a secret drunk actually probally a good cover  
outsidethecamp View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outsidethecamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 7:55pm
If things keep going as they have been...I may very well become a "secret drunk"!!!

In fact, I'm drinking my 3rd glass of wine as we speak tonight.  That NEVER happens!!!  HICK!

God bless us all...
Peggy in MN
bruss01 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruss01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:08pm

Good recommendations for pandemic booze supply:

Knob Creek Burbon 9 year

Svedka Swedish Vodka (unbelieveably smooth!)

Bombay Sapphire Dry Gin

Jose Cuervo Tequilla

MacCallan Scotch, single malt, 12 year ( pricey but worth it!)

MacGreggor Scotch, blended, 3 year (affordable and relatively non-toxic)

Buy in largest bulk containers possible, make barterers bring their own bottle.  Hell, who says I want to trade away my stash?!! 

Remember to stock up on the most popular mixers, i.e. tonic water in single serving bottles for the gin, etc.  Those you charge extra for.

Edited by bruss01
TNbebo408 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNbebo408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:12pm
Bruss you missed my list of needs.

Copper sheet, rolled worm, a thump keg, and plenty of propane, I aint cuttin wood for no still.

Oh and sugar lots of sugar, some barley, yeast, flour, and corn.

And plenty of CORN.

Where is the CORN??????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic