Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Be Safe Tell No One Locations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be Safe Tell No One Locations
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:46am
Just my general opinion and I think that most of us would agree.  That we should keep our personal information to our selfs.  We do not need to make some sort of compound or such..  We are all better off staying together with family and friends and moving to safer place if need be.  Stay home and go to safer location if there is trouble in your area. 

First thing you need to ask yourself.  Who is this person thats so interested in what you have and where you live.  And who is this person who wants to track your ip address to where you live.

Unless you really know someone don't give out telephone numbers, address, or school or work locations.  And how can you say you really know someone if you only  know them over the internet.

ALERT: 
BE SAFE
BE SMART
BE AWARE
TELL NO ONE WHERE YOU LIVE

Nuke

PrepGirl
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:48am
PEOPLE CAN FORM THEIR OWN SURVIAL GROUPS WITH FREINDS AND RELATIVES THEY KNOW AND TRUST.  NOT SOME STRANGER ON THE INTERNET.
PrepGirl
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:03am
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:27am
I agree with most of your first post, and all of the second, though I've met some pretty good people that are now very good friends on the internet.

I completely disagree with your "We are all better off staying put." comment. I live very close to downtown Minneapolis, and this place would become a slaughterhouse in the event the spinning air displacement unit got hit by poo. The area I live in has numerous supportive housing units (Basically people hive tenements) that are unbelievably overcrowded. Every family in these have too many children, many of them are tenage age, all are a constant crime problem from age 8 to 20.

There is but one food market within walking distance, and a couple Halal Somali market stores which would be looted and burning within seconds of a bad situation. I have family living reasonably close to me, close enough that we could support each other if we had to, but I have no notions that we could hold off the horde for long enough to survive.  We'd have to pack up and get out of Dodge. There's not really a plan of where to go at first, except South, as I've faced the fact that I'd be trying to pack up and leave in the midst of urban chaos. Quite honestly I would probably have to shoot my out of the city, but I *WOULD* leave the city one way or another, the possibility of "Sheltering in place" is just not there for people like me.
lamrobertson View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamrobertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:32am
Yep agree with Prepgirl.  Making arrangements to form survival groups with people you don't know is insane.  You dont' know people because they are posting on a board.  Forming survival groups with family and friends makes alot more sense. 

I think some people are getting really stressed reading all the posts.  If you are prepping or have prepped, that should provide you some sense of peace.  Get what you need and read the posts on the board to be informed about what is happening.  If you start freaking out it isn't going to accomplish anything. Anyone freaking out this early before we have a full blown pandemic is going to have a very hard time when the pandemic actually starts.
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 8:32am
Turboguy

YOur right . What I meant was shelter in your own home location. Not some strangers location he is lurying you to .  That you have no idea who is there or who they are..   But forgot to write the move if need be to safer location.  Thankyou I edit my post and corrected that error. 

PrepGirl
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 8:32am
Each person on here is going to have a different living situation, so everyone is going to have to decide for themselves what to do according to the living situation they are currently in. We plan on sheltering in place, but we live in a small town, know all our neighbors, know many, many people in town, live in a fairly decent sized house on 5 lots, have strong church ties, know the local authorities and have family close by. If I lived in a large city (I have in the past) I would admit I would probably leave and find a safer place to go. I would be leery of heading of to some place (in the event of a pandemic or other disaster) that I don't know the local area or the local people. It seems like a person would be better off in an area they know.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 8:52am
I agree wholeheartedly with Prepgirl. Some of the posts lately are leaning toward the absurd (again). New preppers have got to be put off by the tone of some of the posts, some of which allude to compounds and wastelands where nobody has survived except the electricity workers who are apparently kind enough to keep the power going so store freezers can be used to keep food fresh. There is a lot of good advice about sheltering in place and preparing now while you can, but some still choose to ignore it. Prep now, make sure you have somewhere safe to go and sit tight, and you're chances of surviving will be a hell of a lot better.   
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:06am
I think PrepGirl is correct. 

Also remember, there are quite a few of us here on AFT so we already have somewhat of a survival group formed.  We can all work together online using this site, plus we could still help each other via deliveries, coordinating, protection, etc... You don't need a compound to help survive.  It's just a matter of "staying connected" so we can all plan and work together.  We could also create a secure forum room here for all of us, which would not be accessible to future new members.  Keep the current group separate. 

LaRo View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:14am
How the group has grown is amazing.  When i first started reading this forum, the thought was to just post a note on the outside of the house saying we all had the flu, thinking that would keep a person safe.  Now, as the years have passed and we have more information, survival will not be a simple thing.  Fighting the virus and your neighbors, friends, law enforcement and most likely military is a very big probability.  How do you hide from big brother?  The electronics are coming with embeded viruses that probably can be used to track you down.  Most everything that is made in China has something extra in it.  So even if you did go into hiding somewhere, would the internet be safe, if it's still operating?
r we there yet?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:52am
Why do we need to hide from big brother LaRo? Are you planning on starting a revolution after the pandemic has occured?
johngardner1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johngardner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:46pm
Of course we need to protect ourselves, but general information, like the state, isn't going to show people where we are and they can track IP without this data anyway.  A compromise would be to simply point out a town to rendezvous in.  What if we're all alone by ourselves?
I am not a prophet
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 1:07pm
Like I said on another topic like this. We will form groups where we live after everthing is "over".

Do not get so tunnel vision that we see only ourselves as surviving and that we are the only "good" people.

I have organized many groups to accomplish tasks for the community. People are basically good and the ones left will need leadership. Leadership like in the movie/book "The Stand". A democratic type of leadership. People will follow a person or group of people who are willing to spread "power", think logically, are not looking out for self.

There will be many cops, drs, nurses, teachers, linemen, plumbers, electricans, builders, politicians, ect... who will survive. We will all be ok.

Come to think of it we should redirect any politicians to different job. Just kidding!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 1:20pm
P.S. Prepgirl is RIGHT! Do not tell anyone on this blog or anywhere else what you are doing. I guarantee it will keep you and your family safer.

At times I feel like I have told too many people trying to help them get started to prep. Like I said Tell one person everyone knows.

Let me say that I everyone knows that I will shoot them if they come to take what I have. Hard but the truth.

One friend said,"Would you really shoot me if I come to your door." I said,"YES! My family is more important than you." She did not have any
comment but she is now putting food away.

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johngardner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 1:48pm
I stopped talking about the BF to my friends and people I know.
I am not a prophet
tropicalbreeze View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropicalbreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:14pm
Same here, no one wants to hear it .  No matter how you present it to them they look at you as if you are some kind of alien.
God Help them if panflu emerges.    
tropical Breeze   
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johngardner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 3:04am
I have warned over and over again to start gathering supplies, but nobody has any sort of pandemic plan.
I am not a prophet
setag View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote setag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:24pm
shh!
"Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning." - Thomas Alva Edison
Rockhound View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockhound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:47pm
thats why I have my new signature
Will you let everbody in your house?
web ferret View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Original Join Date: Long Term Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote web ferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by johngardner1 johngardner1 wrote:

I stopped talking about the BF to my friends and people I know.

Same here - When they occasionally mention it I play it down.  I have hidden my stashes at home so friends and relatives are none the wiser.

They have had ample warning - I have my immediate family to think of, 3 months food would only be 6 weeks or 3 weeks if they came to stay...

I can only prep for me and the family, not the whole street or the rest of the family.

I agree to be vague about your exact location unless there is a "members only forum"  Even then I would not give my exact location but narrow it down a bit.
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 8:08pm
I agree with you web ferret. I have done all the preaching about preparedness that I am going to do. Those who did not listen were warned. I will take care of my family and that's it. No more talking to people who think I am nuts. Now I am trying to stay below the radar with my prepping efforts.
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 3:20am
I have done all the preaching about preparedness that I am going to do. Those who did not listen were warned. I will take care of my family and that's it. No more talking to people who think I am nuts. Now I am trying to stay below the radar with my prepping efforts.

Same Here!
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic