Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The Signs of the Times - Event Date: March 25 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockhound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: The Signs of the Times
    Posted: March 25 2008 at 11:49am

What are some of things you see happening in the USA and around the world?

I can see anti Hording Laws going into effect.  At anyplace they sell food stuffs grocery stores, convenient stores, supper stores, dollar store.  Could we be limited as to how much we could buy?  Could we only buy food with a valid ID system? , with all the information going to big brother?

I see food hording and the local and federal governments wanting to put a stop to it.

What do you see that could happen?

Will you let everbody in your house?
ParanoidMom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParanoidMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 1:05pm
I've been careful to buy things with  cash as much as possible.  Especially when I'm buying large amounts of one or two items.  Even debit cards can be traced.  The closer we get to any situation the worse it will get.  I think people will be limited to the amounts of different items.  That has happened before many times. 

Americans have given up a lot of their freedoms and not realized it.  Depending on the situation you might want to go out and "look" needy like everyone else.  That way people don't all of a sudden notice you aren't out of food and water.  Of course that would be before things get too bad.  I believe it was in the UK last year they had water available to different neighborhoods because of an emergency.  Kids would leave the taps turned on and run everyone out of water before they were going to deliver again.   You never really know how people are going to react to any situation.  Because the "sheeple" can't be trusted, martial law will be put into place almost immediately.  When that happens (not if) just plan on staying in your homes whenever possible. 

I believe there are a lot of people in the different branches of government that think a large scale emergency would be the perfect time to impliment more controlling laws for the "good of the people."  When you see things like that happening, it's time to hide your preps as best you can.  There have been many times in the past where the people were required to give to the common good.  I'm sure it will happen again.

But the souls of the righteous are in the hand of the Lord
Wisdom of Solomon 3:1
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 3:36pm
I can certainly see things having to be rationed. So it makes sense for us to prep now with anything we may need so we don't have to do without. You just never know when you might have to do without something. I took my van and went to Super Walmart today to buy my supply of dog food, I was ready to stock up and buy several 25 lb bags, they were all out of the type of Purina Dog food we normally use, no big deal I still have about a weeks worth, but if this was something I desperately needed I would have to do without (or my dogs would have to do without). Then I head to the grocery store and figure I'll stock up there, it's only $1 more a bag at the grocery, well they were totally out also of the 25lb bags. Never, ever have these stores been out of Purina dog chow.
ParanoidMom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParanoidMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 5:35pm
I believe if the truckers strike we'll see a lot of empty spots on the shelves.  Just a precurser of what an emergency would be like. 

Penham- Tut-tut....only a weeks worth of dog food?  LOL
But the souls of the righteous are in the hand of the Lord
Wisdom of Solomon 3:1
runner55 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runner55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by ParanoidMom ParanoidMom wrote:

I believe if the truckers strike we'll see a lot of empty spots on the shelves.  Just a precurser of what an emergency would be like. 

Why would the truckers in the USA strike? The high cost of fuel is just being passed onto the consumer. Have you seen prices in the stores these days???
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by runner55 runner55 wrote:

Originally posted by ParanoidMom ParanoidMom wrote:

Why would the truckers in the USA strike? The high cost of fuel is just being passed onto the consumer. Have you seen prices in the stores these days???

It's not quite that simple.  As food prices rise, it's a very slow process for the delivery expense to catch up with the process.  The little guys will be phased out somewhat quickly.   It's the independent (self employed) drivers who will suffer.  All of the indenpendent drivers make up quite a bit of deliveries.  This will in turn affect other small business owners who will not be able to get their deliveries.  Again, this would impact medium-size to small businesses.     

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 10:35pm
I just purchased a bunch and I mean a bunch of flour on sale at $1.69 for a 5 lb bag of Gold Medal. I bought the bags so I could vacuum pack these to avoid getting weavles (sp?).

The woman at the check out counter asked what I was baking, I told her I make my own bread for my family and stock up when it is on sale. She said I was nice to make homemade bread for my family. People believe anything!

However, that being said I believe that when the BF hits the government or stores will limit what you can purchase. This is the very reason I am buying now.

Maybe your parents did not tell you about the shortages in WWII. You were only allowed so much sugar, flour, dry milk, ect... Many had Victory Gardens so they could have fresh veggies. Most everything was going to the troops fighting in the war.

So yes people the government will limit what you can buy. They have done it before they will do it again. That is why we are prepping!!

If the truckers strike and,God bless these people who do that work, maybe it will show the regular guy what shortages at the grocery stores look like.

God has a way to show people what is needed before it is a reality. The people who listen to Him will prepare.
Dijoy View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 4:16am
If we were rationed as we were during the war,the rest of the world might starve less
Diane
Diane
LaRo View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:29am
I really prefer to let God out of this problem.  In the first place, if God wanted to, he could wipe out the virus with just a thought.  Since we are on our own from God and the government, we should prepare that way.  So please keep superstitions to a minimum.
r we there yet?
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:58am
God has a way to show people what is needed before it is a reality. The people who listen to Him will prepare.    

The signs are everywhere. It's all in the Bible. We are the modern day 'Noahs". Prepare mentally,physically,and spirtually!
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 8:45am

Our radio news here is talking about a truckers strike April 1st, they want to protest the high cost of deisel fuel. I had been planning on waiting until the last minute to stock up on pet food because it takes up so much space, (25lbs a week) for the dog food, also have cats. This week I had decided to go ahead and finish up with my preps. Going to try Walmart again tonight to see if they have the dog food.

My adoptive mom lived in England during the war and she used to talk about the rationing of items and they had a big garden, goats for milk, alot of times they only had veggies from their garden to eat for meals. They were not poor, my grandfather owned his own pub and drove a Rolls Royce (the first one in town back then) they could just not get the items they needed even though they were fairly well off. She used to tell me of the rationing, they were given papers (like vouchers) they could take to the store and then they could buy the product (you still had to pay with money, but also had to have the voucher/coupon) not only was there a shortage on food, but candy was also rationed and I remember her telling me about a shortage of nylon hosiery for women.

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Dijoy Dijoy wrote:

If we were rationed as we were during the war,the rest of the world might starve less
Diane

As great a thought as this is, if we're being rationed, they're not going to be getting it because it's just not there.

With this new Ethanol game they're playing out there, the US (AKA the world's bread basket) is turning food production into energy production. Now the world is basically running out of food, food prices are going through the roof, etc. This is extremely not good for those in third world countries who depend on the US for the food they eat.

If we're rationing, they're starving.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 9:44am
Turboguy you are so RIGHT!! From what I understand Ethanol is not cheap to make and with the world starving why would we use food to make our cars go.

People we need to drive cars like my old car that gets 27 miles to the gallon. I am waiting for cars that get 50 - 60 MPG before I purchase one again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic