Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Western Forces prepare to attack Iran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

Originally posted by TheWalkinDude TheWalkinDude wrote:

Ships readying for war.Ships guarding our front and back doors.If we attack Iran I expect the draft to quickly follow along with our Prez declaring martial law.
Look to those you know in the armed forces for real information as the news only gives half truths and misinformation.

There's never going to be a draft again, don't be ridiculous.

I'm in the military and I don't ever want to have to rely on people that might not want to be there. There's a reason that we've got the best, most professional, smartest military the world has ever known: We don't have any dumbass conscripts to screw it all up! The military even is totally against conscription as it's not like we're getting the best and brightest through these programs. The US military can stand toe to toe with any other country's military and come out on top. I like that situation, and you should too.

I'm getting sent to Iraq in September, they didn't give me a specific date until four days ago. They don't tell me anything more than what you could figure out from looking at the internet or watching television.

Turbo- you are preaching to the veteran choir here. In 'Nam we had people in platoons who were plucked right off the street and in less than 6 weeks out of Basic Training and maybe some had special forces training some of us got sent straight into combat; all of a sudden some kid from wherever is lighting up a cigarette in the night, or won't walk point and you wind up with your nose to the ground under heavy fire,  as a buddy steps on a trip wire sets off a bomb,  ambushed.

Those of us who have been in the military know that your buddies in your company or squad or platoon (whether you like some of them or not or whether some of them are totally zoned or don't want to be there) especially, is all you have except for air back up, artillery sometimes,  and a radio between you and a lot of very hostile people who want you dead.

It takes courage Turbo, especially to go into one of the most dangerous types of combat and dangerous areas on the planet. My prayers are with you and we know other soldiers over there in some pretty rough places. Take it a day at time, watch your back in case someone isn't and understand few back home really will ever understand exactly what it is like - except those who have been there.

Trained and seasoned fighters make all the difference on the planet.  From the time I hit basic until I left honorably after my service, we were always a team, thought and worked as a team, and we didn't do it to be nice guys. We did it to stay alive and survive to return to our loved ones. We were 101st. Take it a day at a time.

You are going to hear of wars and rumors of wars. See to it that you are not alarmed. These things must take place, but the end hasn't come yet   Matthew 24:6

Medclinician
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 4:38pm
MED...

Do you mean the headline by DEBKAFILE? 
Arab World Fears War may be impending

Lone Wolf View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 5:57pm
The US government dose not need a draft. There is a executive order that in case of a national emergency all veterans to 55 years old can be called back to active service. There are a lot of us vets out there, they could even call me back, a 13 year vet at 53 years old.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 9:33pm
  We've got jet fighters flying overhead continually, either taking off from or landing at North Island Naval Air Station. We've never seen this much activity. It's been going on until 10 o'clock the past few nights, and they come in so low you can't hold a conversation with the front door ajar. It's nearly 10 o'clock at night and since I started to write this two jets have flown over the neighborhood. The noise is incredible. They're definitely getting ready for something. 
  Turboguy - we've had our differences of opinion in the past, but I just wanted to wish you all the best over there, and come back safe.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 4:01pm
Yeah Tadeo, I'll bet you'd love to babysit my new AUG, G36, M14, or my AK's and AR15's...

Originally posted by gypsy gypsy wrote:

Turbo..........saying "There is never going to be a draft again".......................Never say never!! In a National crises .............The U.S. would use the draft again!

Yeah Gypsy, but that's the one and only way, and it'd have to be the big one. For instance the Yellowstone caldera going boom would fit nicely into that example, as would an avian flu outbreak.

Lone Wolf, that's the inactive reserve recall rule you're talking about. It's technically only ten years after you leave the military, but yeah you could be called back after you get out. They figure you're still reasonably proficient at your job up to ten years after you're done. I think it might be a little weird to have a pile of 55+ year old vets throwing on fashionable kevlar and heading into the fray.  I don't think they're going to do that one either, unless we're getting invaded etc.

Everyone else, thanks for the support, and I'll post here if I can. This is going to be an extremely short tour. I've got some Iraqis to train and they're going to send me over for two months now, then nine come May. I'm cool with it though, two years of near tax freedom sounds pimpin' to me!
gypsy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 8:39pm

Turbo............just be careful in Iraq! We may have had differences.........but I wish you all the best! ...........impart some of your wisdom to Iraq's soldiers.

Russia is doing some serious saber rattling!

Who knows what happens next.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 10:05pm
Turboguy, because of you we enjoy freedom that no other people in the world have, I thank you from my heart. God Bless you and keep you under His protection.

I also agree with you that a draft will never happen unless someone directly attacks the U.S. I also agree with you that you do not want some person who does not want to be there fighting next to you.

Take care and as soon as you get back get on AFT and tell us you are home! God Bless you Turboguy!

FluMom
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Mary08 Mary08 wrote:

MED...

MED...

For readers not familiar with Debkafile and what we are discussing in terms of what they are putting out there:

DEBKAfile (Hebrew: תיקדבקה‎) is an Israeli, Jerusalem-based English language open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East.

It began in the summer of 2000, and is operated from the Jerusalem home of veteran journalists Giora Shamis and Diane Shalem.[1] It has been awarded Forbes' Best of The Web award.[2] Forbes identifies the best part of the website as being its archives, but decries the fact that "most of the information is attributed to unidentified sources."

Debka has been criticized as a fringe outfit catering to conspiracy theorists. Yediot Achronot's investigative reporter Ronen Bergman claims that the site relies on information from sources with an agenda, such as the rightist elements of the American Republican Party, and that Israeli intelligence officials do not consider even 10 percent of the site's content to be reliable.[1]

The site's operators claim that 80 percent of what Debka reports turns out to be true, and point out their 2000 prediction that al-Qaeda would strike the World Trade Center, and that they had warned well before the 2006 war in Lebanon that Hezbollah had amassed 12,000 Katyusha rockets that were pointed at northern Israel.[1]

[edit] References

1. ^ a b c Israeli Web site Debka.com at center of New York ‘dirty bomb’ tip
  2. ^ Debkafile on Forbe's "Best of Web"
comment: So we have a highly controversial information source which may release media outside the media mainstream.

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 8:51am
http://www.metimes.com/International/2008/08/11/special_report_kuwait_readying_for_war_in_gulf/7724/

Congressional Initiative

The naval blockade against Iran, which is tantamount to a declaration of war, is a bipartisan project, which has tacitly been endorsed by the Democrats. In May 2008, a bill was introduced in the House of Representatives (H.CON. RES 362) that called for the enforcement of an all out economic blockade, including the encroachment of trade and the freeze of monetary transactions with the Islamic Republic:

"The President [shall] initiate an international effort to immediately and dramatically increase the economic, political, and diplomatic pressure on Iran .... prohibiting the export to Iran of all refined petroleum products; imposing stringent inspection requirements on all persons, vehicles, ships, planes, trains, and cargo entering or departing Iran; and prohibiting the international movement of all Iranian officials not involved in negotiating the suspension of Iran's nuclear program."

"[H. CON. RES. 362] urges the President, in the strongest of terms, to immediately use his existing authority to impose sanctions on the Central Bank of Iran, ... international banks which continue to conduct financial transactions with proscribed Iranian banks; ... energy companies that have invested $20,000,000 or more in the Iranian petroleum or natural gas sector in any given year since the enactment of the Iran Sanctions Act of 1996; and all companies which continue to do business with Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps." (See full text of H.CON RES 362) (emphasis added)

Meanwhile, H CON RES 362 has been referred to the House Foreign Affairs Committee. A similar procedure has taken place in the Senate.

MC

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 9:16am
Okay - this is another obscure piece of net data which I post as interesting and will include a link. There is a lot of specifics being thrown around as well as fairly intense "news." It is not at all improbable and has been stated that Russia would take action militarily in the Gulf. This is for interest only with no firm confirmation of content or credibility. That being said.

http://eldib.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/russia-orders-%E2%80%98destruction%E2%80%99-oBLEEPs-naval-armada-in-persian-gulf/

(okay this link is tricky - it will not tiny and you must copy and paste it to get to it)

Russia Orders Destruction of US Naval Armada in Persian Gulf

Reports in the Kremlin today are stating that Prime Minister Putin has ordered the Defense Ministry of the Russian Federation to put the Volga-Urals Military District and Black Sea Fleet on ‘full war alert’ to prepare for the defense of the Iranian Nation against what is being termed as an ‘imminent attack’ being planned by the Western Powers.

As we had previously reported on in our August 8th report, ;Kuwait goes on war alert as Armada heads for Iran', the fears of Russian Military Analysts have been realized with the US backed puppet state of Georgia launching an unprecedented and unprovoked attack upon the Russian protected enclave of South Ossetia, and to which the latest reports have put the death toll at over 1,500 citizens of Russia and over 15 Russian Peacekeepers.

In a bid to force Russia from its planned defense of the Iranian peoples by provoking war in the Caucasus, however, the West has severely miscalculated as Putin has not only ordered the retaking of South Ossetia from the Western backed Georgian forces, but has also ordered the destruction of all oil pipelines going through Georgia to the West.on.”

These reports continue by stating that the massive US backed Naval Armada, said to be the largest assembled since Worlld War II, heading towards war with Iran will be met by both Russian and Iranian counterattacks aimed at destroying these enemy forces prior to their planned attack.

It is, also, interesting to note, that after unleashing the Israeli led puppet Georgian military forces against unarmed Russian citizens and lightly armed Russian peacekeepers, President Bush has said, "the fighting must stop and I am deeply concerned about the situation in Georgia," he said. "The United States takes this matter very seriously."T”

But, not as seriously as he claims as he had just previously instructed his Ambassador to the United Nations to veto Russia’s resolution before the Security Council that stated, and as China’s Xinhua reports: (check link - very hard to paste this  data)

President Medvedev was so livid after President Bush’s refusal to commit to peace that, these reports continue, he ordered the ‘immediate and systematic’ destruction of Georgian Military Forces, ‘wherever they are located in the World’.

Georgia’s President, Mikheil Saakashvili, responded to Medvedev’s moves by declaring martial law in Georgia and ordering all Georgian troops home from Iraq, where they had been stationed providing support to the US in its war on the Muslim peoples of the World.

These latest moves by the Georgian dictator, however, are appearing too late in this war to save his troubled Nation, and as we can read from the latest battlefield updates:And, as Prime Minister Putin has just arrived in the War Region of South Ossetia, the resolve of the Worlds peace loving Nations to stop the expansion of the Western Powers though military might appears to have met its most logical first major obstacle by the awakening of a very, very angry Russian Bear from its long hibernation since the dissolution of the Soviet Empire.

(more data which will not transfer... refer to link)

[Ed. Note: (note from MC - this is extreme and inflammatory - as to suppression of data by U.S. and media)  Simply trying to post another series of data and comments.. which go outside mainstream.

H2HPrep View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2HPrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 1:53pm

Everything old is new again.

Millions volunteered or were drafted for military duty during World War II. The majority of these citizen-soldiers had no idea how to conduct themselves to prevent inadvertent disclosure of important information to the enemy. To remedy this, the government established rules of conduct. The following is excerpted from a document given to each soldier as he entered the battle area.

WRITING HOME

THINK! Where does the enemy get his information -- information that can put you, and has put your comrades, adrift on an open sea: information that has lost battles and can lose more, unless you personally, vigilantly, perform your duty in SAFEGUARDING MILITARY INFORMATION?

THERE ARE TEN PROHIBITED SUBJECTS

1. Don't write military information of military units -- their location, strength, material, or equipment.

2. Don't write of military installations.

3. Don't write of transportation facilities.

4. Don't write of convoys, their routes, ports (including ports of embarkation and disembarkation), time en route, naval protection, or war incidents occurring en route.

5. Don't disclose movements of ships, naval or merchant, troops, or aircraft.

6. Don't mention plans and forecasts or orders for future operations, whether known or just your guess.

7. Don't write about the effect of enemy operations.

8. Don't tell of any casualty until released by proper authority (The Adjutant General) and then only by using the full name of the casualty.

9. Don't attempt to formulate or use a code system, cipher, or shorthand, or any other means to conceal the true meaning of your letter. Violations of this regulation will result in severe punishment.

10. Don't give your location in any way except as authorized by proper authority. Be sure nothing you write about discloses a more specific location than the one authorized.

TALK

SILENCE MEANS SECURITY -- If violation of protective measures is serious within written communications it is disastrous in conversations. Protect your conversation as you do your letters, and be even more careful. A harmful letter can be nullified by censorship; loose talk is direct delivery to the enemy.

If you come home during war your lips must remain sealed and your written hand must be guided by self-imposed censorship.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 8:51pm
"...This is a pre-emptive strike if it occurs...."

Proxy wars these days, it wouldn't be the US.  ... Israel went into Syria.

H2HPrep

In this age of internet it's loose lips city. 
Dijoy View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 2:43am
"Careless talk costs lives "was the slogan wasn't it?
Diane
LaRo View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 6:58am
Loose lips sink ships   Was one i believe
r we there yet?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 10:40am
Originally posted by H2HPrep H2HPrep wrote:

TALK

SILENCE MEANS SECURITY -- If violation of protective measures is serious within written communications it is disastrous in conversations. Protect your conversation as you do your letters, and be even more careful. A harmful letter can be nullified by censorship; loose talk is direct delivery to the enemy.

If you come home during war your lips must remain sealed and your written hand must be guided by self-imposed censorship.

Most here are not in the military. Many are from the U.S. where we have what is called free speech.  This is true of what we consider the free world as well. This has often been used to allow pornography as well as multiple harming activities. Keeping  the American public informed on our actions on the world stage in terms of specific actions and policies which may endanger us as a nation is significant.  Most of the information on this thread is the by product of data released to four major news agencies by the government. That is free press and free speech and according to the SOP of intelligence agencies if something is posted in main stream media and not found to be a danger to national security, it is fair game for posts, discussion, and comment. The very thing we fight for is democracy and to share with other nations of the world who do not have it as well as the rights that come with it. One of the most important of these rights is free speech and the right to express our opinions and thoughts on anything as long as it is without threat to the government.

If by action, we are engaged in a type of brinkmanship,  where extreme actions and policies endanger our citizens, then we have a national need to know to the common citizen. Free press, free speech, and transparent government. This is the foundation of true democracy.

Medclinician

H2HPrep View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2HPrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 12:52pm
Blah, blah, blah.
Freedom of speech and putting the men and women of our
armed forces in harms way are two different things.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 6:17pm

US Forces are Not Operating across the IRAQ Border...
...........................................................................................................

VIDEO (CNN)

Image:Tehran%20skyline%20may%202007.jpg

Tehran skyline may 2007

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 7:45pm

The mega bucks alone show a certain determination.  We don't actually believe that

the Pres. and Vice Pres. are the only 2 people running this country.  Many have signed on to the thought that the west needs to keep a conserted watch on extremists.
Check the $$$$ for proof.
Mr. Putin is not in the sights .... or does he want to protect extremist Islamists?

source-

Christopher Hellman and Travis Sharp also discuss the US fiscal year 2009 Pentagon spending request and note that “Congress has already approved nearly $700 billion in supplemental funding for operations in Iraq and Afghanistan and an additional $126 billion in FY'08 war funding is still pending before the House and Senate.”

We don't own the world..... true, but the extremist Islamists feel they do.
Thats the rub.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 3:11am
To avoid confusion on this material my post will be in italics to separate it from the quoted link.

It has been in the media almost a year that preparation for an attack on Iran was in progress. The negotiations and sanctions and diplomatic efforts have failed and these news stories have been released to the press in hundreds of articles.

This is reality. The statement  of what is happening in the Gulf is something that will effect us all globally.

comment: This attack has not happened yet but the sword of Democles still hangs above the worlld.  There was another statement and date - having gone past that date, as many dates have passed i.e. March 2008 - for an attack would signify that someone somewhere is  aware of the gravity of the action and is seeking to avoid it.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Democles+sword

Israel Pushed To Attack Iran Before Autumn 2008

A Potential World War

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert made it clear to Washington that Iran’s nuclear program must be stopped by "all possible means." Israel’s Deputy Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz called war against Iran "unavoidable." Israel will (must) attack because it has no choice as "options are disappearing and sanctions have proven to be ineffective." Likewise former German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer wrote in the Israeli daily Haaretz that Bush and Olmert seem to be planning to "End Iran’s nuclear program by military means, rather than by diplomatic." Further, sources reported that the Cheney circles in Washington have been putting tremendous pressure on Tel Aviv to strike Iran, and that Israel must use their nuclear weapons to destroy Iran’s nuclear facilities before its too late. To reinforce this Israeli pilots are now covertly training on state-of-the-art U.S. fighter jets at locations in the Nevada desert, in preparation for an Israeli bombing of Natanz and other Iranian sites.

Israel may attack Iran preemptively before August 22 due to suspicions of an attack from Iran on that date. Farid Ghadry, President of the Reform Party of Syria, asserts that the Supreme National Security Council of Iran has chosen August 22 "for a very precise reason". It is known in the Islamic calendar as the Night of the Sira’a and Miira’aj- the night Prophet Mohammed ascended to heaven from the Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. That night is central to Islam’s claim to Jerusalem as an Islamic holy city. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad could very well be planning another "illumination of the night sky over Jerusalem" by nuclear weapons this time, as indicated by his statement that "Israel has pushed the button of its own destruction" (by retaliating against Hizballah). Israel may concur with Farid Ghadry’s words and move to stop Iran before it is too late. If Israel does attack Iran, which could be any day now, Iranian Defense Minister Mostafa Najjar said that "Iran’s reaction will be overwhelming." and Iran's oil minister warned Wednesday that an attack on his country would provoke an unimaginably fierce response. The commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guards warned that Tehran would respond to an attack by barraging Israel with missiles and seize control of key oil passageways. If Iran chokes off just the Strait of Hormuz it would stop 40% of oil exports. President Bush has repeatedly said that a military strike on Tehran is possible and ABC News quoted an unnamed senior Pentagon official warning of an "increasing likelihood" that Israel will strike Iran's nuclear facilities before the end of the year.

Recent demonstrations of military power first by Israel and then in response by Iran July 8, 2008 indicate that "push" is probably about to become "shove". John Bolten, (25thUS ambassador to the UN) seems to concur that Israel is being left with no alternative but to act now- especially before Bush leaves office and Israel potentially loses the support of this administration or before Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert possibly loses office in September. They can not, and will not, wait and take that chance or of Iran getting nuclear weapons. They have little choice and unfortunately (or fortunately) they still have the element of surprise.

The consequences of Israel attacking Iran are incalculable- nevertheless it seems imminently inevitable. The United States is not going to act therefore they must...and the war itself may not be as devastating as its effect. Even if Israel preemptively initiates the conflict, the US will lose most of their foreign oil as Arab nations are compelled to support Iran. China, Russian and N.Korea will more than likely take the opportunity to join the opposition as well.

The ramifications of our loss of oil could bring overnight catastrophe to this country. Not just due the loss of electrical power, communications, and mobility to employment, but even basic necessities for survival such as food shipments into urban areas. Cities might riot chain-reactively and the capital itself could fall before the national guard would even have time to react.

comment: So far, researching data on the net and in the media, it would appear the situation remains. It is sad that our troop and military must be put in danger in unstable and dangerous parts of the world. Yet, if we are not united in our relationships to rogue countries which seek to arm themselves with nuclear weapons, this presents us with a grave situation.

What is the answer? What will be the consequences of an attack on Iran?  Is there a choice in the simple reality that if Western forces do not intervene, then Israel will attack on its own?

Nations which threaten our military are aware of our presence in terms of military naval fleets. Forces on the ground, both allies and enemy are present in the Gulf. The nations across from the Gulf from Iran are on full alert.

Those of us who report the news did not start the fire, we are only reporting the smoke that is clearly visible.

With the huge political forces in play and the coming elections, the timing of this attack is critical. Given which candidate is elected, it may or may not happen from the U.S. Yet given the Islamic determination to dominate the planet, and the reality of the spread through Europe and especially Africa, slowly force us to action.

Our prayers and support to our fighting forces around the globe. For their safety and courage in facing the forces of other nations. God be with us. With us all, that we may find peace in a dangerous world and the wisdom to negotiate and resolve our differences in whatever way possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRVWpX-Ifu8&NR=1

To the many readers of this site, the author of this post has said many times "Don't Panic, Prepare."  It is no doubt grueling to keep reading of peril and danger with no clear plan of action.  The wisest move for those of us who must "accept what we can and cannot change and have the wisdom to know the difference" is to pray, prep, and mentally brace ourselves for the realities of a very unstable world.

Knowing this, understand the purpose is not to give alarm with no solution, it is to warn so that people might prepare.

M.C.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 7:28am
hi Med, Please give a link for

A Potential World War

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 4:00pm

hi Med, Please give a link for

A Potential World War

http://www.jonathanselby.com/Israel.html

comment: I found this on a search on a special engine I use. I probably should have included the standard disclaimers opinion, needs to be researched, etc. I am not connected to the site nor do I know the individual who posted it. One thing I wanted to do, but have not had time is to research and verify statements quoted by high profile individuals.  Having read the fiery rhetoric coming out of Israel and Iran, also having seen dozens of quotes from U.S. military and officials, I would say the data appears at first read to be fairly credible.  Look at the next article from Fox News.

MC

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 4:20pm
This article has been included to verify the arrival of a U.S. Warship in the Georgian port of Batumi, today. This is a show of support and military presence of the U.S. now in Georgia.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,409521,00.html

U.S. Navy Warship Arrives in Georgia Carrying Aid

Sunday, August 24, 2008

ABOARD THE U.S.S. MCFAUL —  A U.S. Navy warship carrying humanitarian aid anchored at the Georgian port of Batumi on Sunday, sending a strong signal of support to an embattled ally as Russian forces built up around two separatist regions.

Ahead of the USS McFaul's arrival, a top Russian general suggested that the presence of U.S. and other NATO ships in the Black Sea would worsen tensions already at a post-Cold War low.

Russia pulled the bulk of its troops and tanks from its small southern neighbor Friday after a brief but intense war, but built up its forces in and around two separatist regions — South Ossetia and Abkhazia — and left other military posts deep inside Georgia.

The guided missile destroyer USS McFaul, loaded with some 80 pallets containing about 55 tons of humanitarian aid, is the first of three American ships scheduled to arrive this week, according to the U.S. Embassy. The aid includes baby food, diapers, bottled water, and milk.

The arrival was a stark reminder that it will take substantial aid and months of rebuilding before Georgia can recover from the war with Russia. Five days of fighting damaged cities and towns across the country and displaced tens of thousands of people.

The commander of the U.S. task force carrying aid to Georgia by ship, Navy Capt. John Moore, downplayed the significance of a destroyer bringing aid. "We really are here on a humanitarian mission," he said.

The McFaul, an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer, is also outfitted with an array of weaponry, including Tomahawk cruise missiles, which can carry either conventional or nuclear warheads, and a sophisticated radar system. For security reasons the Navy does not say if ships are carrying nuclear weapons, but they usually do not.

At dockside in Batumi, with the McFaul anchored offshore, U.S. Navy officials in crisp white uniforms were met Sunday by Georgian officials, including Defense Minister David Kezerashvili.

Speaking to The Associated Press on the aft missile deck of the McFaul, anchored a mile offshore, Kezerashvili said Georgians would feel safer now.

"They will feel safe not because the destroyer is here but because they will feel they are not alone facing the Russian aggression," he said.

The deputy chief of Russia's general staff suggested that the arrival of the ship and those of other NATO members would increase tensions in the Black Sea. Russia shares the sea with NATO members Turkey, Romania and Bulgaria as well as Georgia and Ukraine, whose pro-Western president also is leading a drive for NATO membership.

"I don't think such a buildup will foster the stabilization of the atmosphere in the region," Russia's ITAR-Tass news agency quoted Col. Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn as saying Saturday.

The conflict between Russia and Georgia, a small ex-Soviet republic whose pro-Western leaders have tried to shed Moscow's influence and sought NATO membership, has strained Russian-U.S. relations.

Georgia straddles a key westward route for oil from Azerbaijan and other Caspian Sea nations including Kazakhstan, giving it added strategic importance as the U.S. and the European Union seek to decrease Russia's dominance of oil and gas exports from the former Soviet Union.

On Sunday, an oil train caught fire after an explosion in central Georgia, shutting down a main east-west rail line used for oil transport for hours.

The Georgian Foreign Ministry said the most likely cause of the train derailment and fire was a Russian mine planted on the tracks, an opinion echoed by the director of Georgia's railways, Irakli Ezugbaia, and the Interior Ministry spokesman Shota Utiashvili.

Later, Utiashvili said it was possible that debris from explosions at a disused munitions dump nearby hit the train, causing the fire. He earlier had reported that debris from the train blast had caused a fire at the munitions storage site.

Ezugbaia said an investigation was under way and other mines had been found on the tracks. He said the train was carrying crude oil from Kazakhstan transported by an Azerbaijani company to a Georgian Black Sea port.

Hundreds of Georgians flocked back to Gori on Saturday, one day after the Russians withdrew, to begin rebuilding their lives. Their homecoming was laced with despair, disbelief and anger.

"Barbarians, that's what they are. They kill innocent people here ... how many kilometers outside the battlefield? They bombed all over Georgia," Zurab Gvarientashvili, a 31-year-old engineer, said as he viewed his apartment, destroyed by a Russian bomb.

Gori is 20 miles south of the capital of the separatist region South Ossetia, where Georgian forces launched an assault on Aug. 7, sparking the war and an international crisis.

South Ossetian officials accused Georgia on Sunday of building up military forces along the edge of South Ossetia and claimed a Georgian unit fired sporadically at villages overnight. There were no reports of casualties, but South Ossetian spokeswoman Irina Gagloyeva said residents were asking to be evacuated.

Georgian Security Council chief Alexander Lomaia denied that Georgian forces had fired any shots but said Russian forces were obligated to leave positions in the area, which is in Georgia.

Lomaia also said Russian forces were still holding 12 of 22 Georgian servicemen taken prisoner in Poti last week.

Next to one bomb crater in Gori, Merdiko Peredze's goats grazed on burnt grass.

Peredze said he was refugee twice over — once after fleeing his home amid fighting in the early 1990s in Abkhazia and now again, with his house in Gori in tatters.

"I'm an old man but I will return to Abkhazia," he vowed. "Russian, Georgians, Ossetians — we should all be living in peace together, like we did under Stalin."

MC

comment: The U.S. now has a military presence in the Russian / Georgia conflict. This is a further destabilization of the very tense situation and has the potential for a direct U.S./ Soviet military conflict. Not good.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 10:38pm
I liked that article a lot.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2008 at 3:24pm
Russian Warship and battle group move into Black Sea in response to U.S. warship arrival.

Naval Open Source Intelligence - August 25, 2008 - the clouds grow darker

http://www.nosi.org/

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's flagship cruiser re-entered the Black Sea on Monday for weapons tests hours after the Russian military complained about the presence of U.S. and other NATO naval ships near the Georgian coast.

The "Moskva" had led a battle group of Russian naval vessels stationed off the coastline of Georgia's breakaway region of Abkhazia during Russia's recent conflict with Georgia and sank smaller Georgian craft.

The assistant to the Russian Navy's commander-in-chief told Russian news agencies the cruiser had put to sea again two days after returning to its base at the Ukrainian port of Sevastopol.

"'Moskva' has today departed toward the Black Sea Fleet's naval training range to check its radio-controlled weapons and onboard communications systems," Captain Igor Dygalo was quoted as saying by Interfax.

(more data)

The Russian navy's press office was unable to confirm his comments when contacted by Reuters.

The presence of so many ships from NATO countries earlier drew the ire of a Russian military spokesman during a daily media briefing on the conflict.

"The fact that there are nine Western warships in the Black Sea cannot but be a cause for concern. They include two U.S. warships, one each from Spain and Poland, and four from Turkey," Anatoly Nogovitsyn, the deputy chief of the Russian military's General Staff said.

On Sunday, the U.S. guided missile destroyer USS McFaul arrived with aid including camp beds, bedding, tents and mobile kitchen units, the U.S Defense Department spokesman Bryan. Whitman said.

Separately, the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Dallas has been dispatched with aid, while a third vessel, the Navy command ship USS Mount Whitney, is being loaded in Italy with humanitarian supplies for Georgia, he said.

The NATO ships in the Black Sea are carrying more than 100 'Tomahawk' cruise missiles, with more than 50 onboard the USS McFaul alone that could hit ground targets, reported RIA news agency, quoting unnamed sources in Russian military intelligence.

comment: Under the guise of bringing food and supplies both American and Russian warships are converging in a dangerous escalation of tension in the Black Sea.

Despite the smoke and mirrors, naval military buildup continues in the Gulf and the threat of possible direct confrontation between U.S. and Russian military increases by the day.

Medclinician

H2HPrep View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2HPrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2008 at 4:36pm
Loose lips still sink ships
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 4:13am

Loose lips still sink ships

I keep seeing this in this thread, and I had just let it go by several times. Are you in the military and speaking for the military?

There is probably a need to respond to this because it does not accuratey portray the effect of posting news versus some sort of sinister behind the scenes danger to our troops by doing so.

Military survelliance can read the letters on a postage stamp form a satellite. Russia, China, and all the real players in this are quite aware of where our huge ships are and the ships and subs around them. So, most certainly they are not going to glean any prize information from stating we have warships in the Black Sea and so do they and we have a very very delicate situation.

The only things this data will sink is the lack of knowledge of the Amercian public of what is going on in the Gulf. Their awareness of how close we are to a war, and how they should be actively involved in contacting our leaders that we need to seriously, and I think Obama would agree on this one, exaust diplomacy, before putting our subs and ships nose to nose.

We used to play cat and mouse beneath the North Pole with nuclear subs, and then in Scandanavia and there have been collisions and accidents.  Last night I was really thinking why on occassion these ominous whispers happen on the net, when I have read stuff in Time magazine and USA today which is far more specific. I rather think it is more a competition between main stream media and blogs and sites like this. It is the desire of those who control the media to be the first to break and really limit what the public is aware of, not for security, but control.

We have a problem in the Gulf. There will not be an increased loss of life because people are made aware of it. The people who could hurt us already know a lot. In fact, it is likely there are many moles and cells in place, watching extremely high traffic data lines who report to our enemies. We had one Russian spy who basically blew most of our technology as a double agent over a decade. He was assigned to find the mole.  He made one last drop, and that did it. But Russia basically was kept well informed on our most sensitive projects and has been for quite some time. 

Well, to repeat a phrase I have heard from intelligence on several occassions, and laymen not working for intelligence can interface with intelligence, if it is on the net, posted on main media, it is fair game for reporters and the media.

Bluntly, why would you not want Americans to know the truth about our problem in the Gulf? This is not national security, this is political.

Over the last two weeks I haven't got a lot of sleep. I have been monitoring two things. What is really happening in Iran and the Middle East, and the almost complete news blackout on Avian Flu in the media.

This generation and net users are educated and aware. They are probably the most informed people because of the Internet of any generation in history. If you are speaking for the military, .gov, or have an official mandate from TPTB to censor information please be more clear on why putting up news concerning the Gulf threatens our troops.

It is a showdown. Nato is trying to take over and control the former USSR and Putin either makes a move to stop it, or will forever be stalemated and a lesser world power.

This is brinksmanship and dangerous. And it is being done at time before national elections because this is the only time it can happen. Whatever happens now, an administration which is leaving will be responsible, and there will be no blame to a newly elected one.

IMHO unless we are actively planning to attack Russia, China, or Iran - and I truly hope this is not the case, there is no need for a media blackout.

If we are, then perhaps there is a need for the public to have some sort of voice in this. It is no secret that there are plans to do so. And it is no secret that Israel plans to attack if we do not.

It is on over a hundred news sites, on hundreds of video interviews and statements from world leaders.

No doubt, the people should have some say in our foreign policy. They will on election day. The problem before election day, they do not. And knowing this many things may be done which could have severe consequences.

This is not my opinion. It is all over the network.

Here is a warmup article as to the tip of the iceberg of data leaks to Russia.

They certainly are not interested in reading reports they have published in their own news to gain information. Grave and serioius consideration should be given by an informed congress when our fighting forces are put in danger.  There is not a general consensus upon the wisdom of much of our foreign policy at this time. We approach an election and democracy will have a however weak swing at having the voice of the people heard and the process of actual representationof the will of that people and what they want seen at the voting booths and election returns.

That is how it should be.

Medclinician

H2HPrep View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2HPrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 7:26am

September 11, 2001 - Terrorists hijack four U.S. commercial airliners taking off from various locations in the United States in a coordinated suicide attack. In separate attacks, two of the airliners crash into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, which catch fire and eventually collapse. A third airliner crashes into the Pentagon in Washington, DC, causing extensive damage. The fourth airliner, also believed to be heading towards Washington, DC, crashes outside Shanksville, PA., killing all 45 people on board. Casualty estimates from New York put the possible death toll close to 5,000, while as many as 200 people may have been lost at the Pentagon crash site.

Oct. 12, 2000 - A terrorist bomb damages the destroyer USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, killing 17 sailors and injuring 39.

Aug. 7, 1998 - Terrorist bombs destroy the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. In Nairobi, 12 Americans are among the 291 killed, and over 5,000 are wounded, including 6 Americans. In Dar es Salaam, one U.S. citizen is wounded among the 10 killed and 77 injured.

In response, on August 20 the United States attacked targets in Afghanistan and Sudan with over 75 cruise missiles fired from Navy ships in the Arabian and Red seas. About 60 Tomahawk cruise missiles were fired from warships in the Arabian Sea. Most struck six separate targets in a camp near Khost, Afghanistan. Simultaneously, about 20 cruise missiles were fired from U.S. ships in the Red Sea striking a factory in Khartoum, Sudan, which was suspected of producing components for making chemical weapons.

June 21, 1998 - Rocket-propelled grenades explode near the U.S. embassy in Beirut.

July 27, 1996 - A pipe bomb explodes during the Olympic games in Atlanta, killing one person and wounding 111.

June 25, 1996 - A bomb aboard a fuel truck explodes outside a U.S. air force installation in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. 19 U.S. military personnel are killed in the Khubar Towers housing facility, and 515 are wounded, including 240 Americans.

Nov. 13, 1995 - A car-bomb in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia kills seven people, five of them American military and civilian advisers for National Guard training. The "Tigers of the Gulf," "Islamist Movement for Change," and "Fighting Advocates of God" claim responsibility.

April 19, 1995 - A car bomb destroys the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people and wounding over 600.

February 1993 - A bomb in a van explodes in the underground parking garage in New York's World Trade Center, killing six people and wounding 1,042.

Dec. 21, 1988 - A bomb destroys Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. All 259 people aboard the Boeing 747 are killed including 189 Americans, as are 11 people on the ground.

April 1986 - An explosion damages a TWA flight as it prepares to land in Athens, Greece. Four people are killed when they are sucked out of the aircraft.

April 5, 1986 - A bomb destroys the LaBelle discotheque in West Berlin. The disco was known to be frequented by U.S. servicemen. The attack kills one American and one German woman and wounds 150, including 44 Americans

In response, on April 15 the United States retaliated in an operation dubbed ‘El Dorado Canyon.’ Approximately 100 aircraft were launched in direct support of the raid. It was an attack against military targets involving land-based bombers from Great Britain together with carrier-based air strikes from ships in the Gulf of Sidra.

December 1985 - Simultaneous suicide attacks are carried out against U.S. and Israeli check-in desks at Rome and Vienna international airports. 20 people are killed in the two attacks, including four terrorists.

November 1985 - Hijackers aboard an Egyptair flight kill one American. Egyptian commandos later storm the aircraft on the isle of Malta, and 60 people are killed.

October 1985 - Palestinian terrorists hijack the cruise liner Achille Lauro (in response to the Israeli attack on PLO headquarters in Tunisia) Leon Klinghoffer, an elderly, wheelchair-bound American, is killed and thrown overboard.

August 1985 - A car bomb at a U.S. military base in Frankfurt, Germany kills two and injures 20. A U.S. soldier murdered for his identity papers is found a day after the explosion.

June 1985 - A TWA airliner is hijacked over the Mediterranean, the start of a two-week hostage ordeal. The last 39 passengers are eventually released in Damascus after being held in various locations in Beirut.

June 1985 - In San Salvador, El Salvador, 13 people are killed in a machine gun attack at an outdoor café, including four U.S. Marines and two American businessmen.

April 1985 - A bomb explodes in a restaurant near a U.S. air base in Madrid, Spain, killing 18, all Spaniards, and wounding 82, including 15 Americans.

November 1984 - A bomb attack on the U.S. embassy in Bogota, Colombia kills a passer-by. The attack was preceded by death threats against U.S. officials by drug traffickers.

October 1983 - A suicide car bomb attack against the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut kills 241 servicemen. A simultaneous attack on a French base kills 58 paratroopers.

April 1983 - A suicide car bombing against the U.S. embassy in Beirut kills 63, including 17 Americans.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 4:17am

September 11, 2001 - Terrorists hijack four U.S. commercial airliners taking off from various locations in the United States in a coordinated suicide attack. In separate attacks, two of the airliners crash into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, which catch fire and eventually collapse. A third airliner crashes into the Pentagon in Washington, DC, causing extensive damage. The fourth airliner, also believed to be heading towards Washington, DC, crashes outside Shanksville, PA., killing all 45 people on board. Casualty estimates from New York put the possible death toll close to 5,000, while as many as 200 people may have been lost at the Pentagon crash site.

This is not at all related to the thread.  Why are you posting this here?

MC.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 4:29am
Back on track -

While quickly snuffed out, the protests demonstrated Sebastopol's emergence as a flashpoint for tensions between Moscow and its former Soviet satellites in the wake of the Georgian conflict.

Mirage, the missile corvette that returned to Sebastopol, was involved in the only reported maritime action of the campaign. It sank a Georgian fast patrol boat that had probed within range of its guns.

Ukraine's president, Victor Yushchenko, condemned the use of vessels based in the Russian concession to provide back-up for its assault on Georgia over the disputed enclave of South Ossetia.

While Ukraine is powerless to stop Russian movements in Sebastopol, there was a brief stand-off as one of its ships moved to accompany the Mirage through the harbour.

Russia retained a strategic advantage on land as well as sea. Sebastopol and the wider Crimean peninsula are virtual Russian enclaves in Ukraine. The protest erupted at a point were tanned holidaymakers normally descend though an arch to the harbour boardwalk. But the strength of the pro-Russian forces, mobilised to show support for the Mirage, was hardly put to the test by the demonstrators.

Oleh Yatshenko, the organiser of the anti-Russian protest, displayed two small cuts on his arm, inflicted by pro-Moscow forces, who pushed their opponents away from the shore and ripped away banners. "What Russia did in Georgia was illegal," he said. "We are standing up for our country because they are doing the same thing here."

Most of Yatshenko's supporters had arrived from the Western Ukraine. The group carried banners reading, "Shame" and "Out of here!" Last week a Ukrainian presidential decree imposed new reporting restrictions for Russian naval craft moving through Ukrainian waters. The Ukrainian government has reiterated its determination not to renew Moscow's lease on the port when it is due for renewal in 2017.

Kiev has shown no signs of backing down despite a furious Russian reaction with Foreign Minister Volodymyr Ogryzko telling the Izvestia newspaper that its preparations for a withdrawal should have already started.

He said: "Russia should already now be preparing for the withdrawal of the fleet, which will take place in 2017. Such things do not happen in a day."

Russia criticised the dispatch of Nato vessels to the Black Sea to distribute humanitarian aid to Georgia. The deputy chief of the Russian military's general staff expressed doubts whether it is necessary to have NATO vessels in the Black Sea delivering humanitarian aid to Georgia.

"Now that the conflict is exhausted, there are NATO vessels," said Col. Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn said. "What for and with what aim?"

MC
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 4:40am

Russia

http://www.debka.com/section.php?cid=13

Medvedev not afraid of Cold War after approving Georgian regions’ independence

DEBKAfile Special Report

August 30, 2008, 12:53 PM (GMT+02:00)

The move sparked a sharp exchange between Washington and Moscow. President George W. Bush said it exacerbates tensions and complicates negotiations. The Russian president warned of military responses to the US missile shield in Europe.

Signing the decrees confirming South Ossetian and Abkhazian independence, Russian president Dimitry Medvedev said Tuesday, Aug. 26: “We are not afraid of anything, including the prospect of a Cold War. DEBKAfile's Moscow sources report the Kremlin is planning further sanctions against Georgia and its US-NATO backers, possibly in Eastern Europe.

(more to come)

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 4:49am
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1219913194872&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Israel will not allow Iran to attain nuclear capability and if time begins to run out, Jerusalem will not hesitate to take whatever means necessary to prevent Iran from achieving its nuclear goals, the government has recently decided in a special discussion.

Labor MK Ephraim Sneh.

According the Israeli daily M a'ariv, whether the United States and Western countries succeed in thwarting the Islamic Republic's nuclear ambitions diplomatically, through sanctions, or whether a US strike on Iran is eventually decided upon, Jerusalem has begun preparing for a separate, independent military strike.

So far, Israel has not received American authorization to use US-controlled Iraqi airspace, nor has the defense establishment been successful in securing the purchase of advanced US-made warplanes which could facilitate an Israeli strike.

The Americans have offered Israel permission to use a global early warning radar system, implying that the US is pushing Israel to settle for defensive measures only.

Meanwhile, the pan-Arabic Al Kuds al Arabi reported Friday that Iran had equipped Hizbullah with longer range missiles than those it possessed before the Second Lebanon War and had also improved the guerrilla group's targeting capabilities.

According to the report, which The Jerusalem Post could not verify independently, Hizbullah was planning a massive rocket onslaught on targets reaching deep into Israel's civilian underbelly in case Israel launches an attack on Iran.

AP contributed to this report

Medclinician

Lone Wolf View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 5:12pm
http://www.debka.com/index1.php

Dutch sabotage agent recalled from Iran over "impending" US attack - report

DEBKAfile Special Report

August 30, 2008, 5:36 PM (GMT+02:00)

Americas%20largest%20unmanned%20aerial%20vehicle

America's largest unmanned aerial vehicle

A Dutch AIVD Secret Service ultra-secret operation underway in Iran in recent years has been halted and an agent recalled in view of “impending US plans to attack Iran,” within weeks, writes Joost de Haas, known for his good intelligence contacts, in the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.

The AIVD operation aimed to infiltrate and sabotage the weapons [and nuclear] industry in the Islamic Republic.

According to intelligence sources in the Netherlands, the US [or Israel] was expected to make a decision within weeks to attack nuclear plants with unmanned aircraft, used to avoid risking the lives of air crews and warplanes.

DEBKAfile’s military sources report this would be the first time drones operated by remote control were used against major strategic targets, necessary in Israel’s case to hold its air fleet and flight crews ready to defend the country against reprisal from Iran’s allies. Syria and the Lebanese Hizballah have stockpiled thousands of rockets for this purpose.

The Iranian targets to be bombed would include also military installations brought to light partly by the Dutch espionage operation, described by De Telegraaf as extremely successful. “One of the agents was able to infiltrate the Iranian industry” and for years shared information with the American CIA. “Various supplies could also be sabotaged and stopped. These were parts for missiles and launching equipment.”

According to DEBKAfile’s sources, the expectation disclosed by the Dutch newspaper would explain the fresh spate of threats from Iran.

Thursday, Aug. 28, Iranian sources told the London-based Arabic al Quds that Tehran had recently transferred to Hizballah new long-range rockets capable of hitting every inch of Israeli soil with great accuracy.

They were to be fired if Israel or the United States attacked Iran.

Dep. Chief of General Staff Masus Jazairi said Saturday, Aug. 30, that any attack on Iran would mean the beginning of a new world war. He said the “greed of the US and Zionists” is gradually leading the world to collapse as demonstrated in Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan and the Caucasus.

DEBKAfile’s Iran sources report a shakeup is in progress in the Islamic Republic’s top military command.

Amir (Maj. Gen.) Seyed Abdollrahim Mousavi was named acting chief of staff

of the armed forces – a new post created as backup in case the army chief comes to harm in combat.

Amir Mohamad Hosseyn Dadras becomes deputy chief of staff for coordination.

Amir Reza Pourdastan is the new commander of the army’s ground corps.

Lone Wolf View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 5:20pm
http://www.debka.com/index1.php

Any attack on Iran will start new world war - Iranian general

DEBKAfile Exclusive Report

August 30, 2008, 12:52 PM (GMT+02:00)

Dep. Chief of General Staff Masus Jazairi said Saturday, Aug. 30, that any attack on Iran would mean the beginning of a new world war. He said the “greed of the US and Zionists” is gradually leading the world to collapse as demonstrated in Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan and the Caucasus.

DEBKAfile’s Iran sources report that Jazairi’s attack aimed at confirming his credentials in Tehran during a major shakeup of the Iranian high command.

Amir (Maj.-Gen.) Seyed Abdollrahim Mousavi has just been appointed acting chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces, Amir Mohamad Hosseyn Dadras, Dep. Chief of Staff on Coordination and Amir Ahmad Reza Pourdastan is the new commander of the Armed Forces’ Ground Corps.

Lone Wolf View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 5:36pm
http://www.iranpressnews.com/english/source/045316.html

Playing 'Iranian Card' Could Allow Moscow to Control Persian Gulf, Russian Expert Says

http://georgiandaily.com

Moscow has "a mul*****ude" of ways to counter the pressure Western countries are bringing to bear on the Russian Federation since its military action in Georgia, but none promises a greater return than forming an alliance with Iran, something that would allow Moscow to control the Persian Gulf, according to a leading Russian specialist on Iran.

In an article in today's "Vremya Novostei," Radzhab Safarov, the director of the Russian Center for the Study of Contemporary Iran, argues that Moscow will gain by establishing closer ties with "those countries which are really opposing the expansion of the United States and its satellites.

Among those, he continues, are Cuba and Syria, "but the most serious step which the United States and especially Israel (which by the way supplied arms to the Georgians) especially fear is the possible revision by Russia of its foreign policy in relation to Iran" and a rapprochement between Moscow and Tehran.

The formation of "a strategic union," Safarov continues, "could change the entire geopolitical picture of the contemporary world" because it could lead to the location on Iranian soil of two Russian bases, one in the north which would give Moscow additional leverage over Azerbaijan and a second in the south which would allow Russia to control the Persian Gulf.

With the latter, he argues, "Russia would have the chance for the first time to stop suspicious ships and check their cargoes just as the Americans have been cynically doing in this zone for many decades," a chance that Moscow could employ to control the flow of oil out of the Middle East and thus have additional leverage in the oil-thirsty countries of Europe and Asia.

One obvious first step, the Iranian specialist says, would be to accelerate the process of the formation of a gas cartel resembling OPEC in oil. Russia has the largest reserves of natural gas, and Iran has the second largest, Safarov says. And together they control more than 60 percent of all proved reserves of this critical fuel.

Iran would clearly benefit from that, he suggests, but to get Tehran to agree to Russian bases, Moscow would have to help Iran with anti-aircraft and anti-missile defense systems as well as to increase "cooperation in practically all spheres, including nuclear energy," something Iran wants and that Russia would benefit from financially.

And Safarov adds that there is an additional reason for Moscow to consider such ties with Iran: Given what he describes as "the rapid collapse of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) which Georgia has left, Russia could accelerate the process of the inclusion of Iran as a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).

That would cement Moscow's links to much of the Muslim world, Safarov adds, and would led additional weight to the SCO because of Iran's capabilities. And in the more distant future, that could lay "the foundation of a powerful strategic axis of Russia, Iran and China," one that he suggests "the United States and its allies are so afraid of."

There is as yet no indication that the Kremlin has any intention of moving as far in this direction as Safarov urges or that Iran, which in recent weeks has been pursuing closer ties with Turkey, would agree. But given Moscow's belief that its Georgian moves have shown the world that Caspian basin oil must flow through Russia, what Safarov says is clearly a logical next step.

And indeed it would not represent a departure either from longstanding Russian interests in moving south – one thinks of Vladimir Zhirinovsky's call for Russian soldiers to "wash their boots" in the sea to Russia's south – or from Moscow's recent involvement in the development of Iran's nuclear program.

Safarov's article may thus be intended to test the reaction among both Russian elites and the West about a potential step that would as he says dramatically change the geo-political and geo-economic balance of power not only in the Middle East but across much of the oil and gas-hungry world.

Lone Wolf View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 5:52pm
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1219913200406&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Aug 30, 2008 13:07 | Updated Aug 30, 2008 23:42

'Attack on Iran would cause WWIII'

Should Israel or the United States attack Iran, it would be the start of another World War, Iranian Deputy chief of staff General Masoud Jazayeri warned on Saturday.

"Any aggression against Iran will start a world war," the Iranian state news agency IRNA quoted the top Iranian official as saying. "The unrestrained greed of the US leadership and global Zionism... is leading the world to the brink of a precipice."

"It is evident that if such a challenge occurs, the fake and artificial regimes will be eliminated before anything," he said.

The news agency also quoted Jordan's King Abdullah II as saying that if an attack was launched against Iran, it would fail to achieve its objectives.

"Israel doesn't have the ability to completely destroy the atomic reactor in Teheran," Abdullah claimed, reiterating that the Islamic regime insists that its nuclear program is not for military purposes but rather for civilian use alone.

"What Iran is trying to tell us, in my opinion, is that we must recognize [the country] as a key international player," the Jordanian king said, warning that "any military action against Teheran will have serious consequences on all of the Middle East, and the states in the region will be forced to deal with the situation."

On Friday, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Ali Reza Sheikh Attar said that the country had increased the number of operating centrifuges at its uranium enrichment plant to 4,000.

The number was up from the 3,000 centrifuges that Iran announced in November that it was operating at its plant in the central city of Natanz. Still, it was well below the 6,000 it said last year it would operate by Summer 2008, suggesting that the program may be behind schedule.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 6:09pm

Should Israel or the United States attack Iran, it would be the start of another World War, Iranian Deputy chief of staff General Masoud Jazayeri warned on Saturday.

I smell fear.
Lone Wolf View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 6:40pm
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1219913194872&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Aug 29, 2008 11:13 | Updated Aug 30, 2008 16:50

Report: Israel won't allow a nuclear Iran

Israel will not allow Iran to attain nuclear capability and if time begins to run out, Jerusalem will not hesitate to take whatever means necessary to prevent Iran from achieving its nuclear goals, the government has recently decided in a special discussion.

According to the Israeli daily Ma'ariv, whether the United States and Western countries succeed in thwarting the Islamic Republic's nuclear ambitions diplomatically, through sanctions, or whether a US strike on Iran is eventually decided upon, Jerusalem has begun preparing for a separate, independent military strike.

So far, Israel has not received American authorization to use US-controlled Iraqi airspace, nor has the defense establishment been successful in securing the purchase of advanced US-made warplanes which could facilitate an Israeli strike.

The Americans have offered Israel permission to use a global early warning radar system, implying that the US is pushing Israel to settle for defensive measures only.

Because of Israel's lack of strategic depth, Jerusalem has consistently warned in recent years that it will not settle for a 'wait and see' approach, merely retaliating to an attack, but will rather use preemption to prevent any risk of being hit in the first place.

Ephraim Sneh a veteran Labor MK who has recently left the party, has reportedly sent a document to both US presidential candidates, John McCain and Barack Obama. The eight-point document states that "there is no government in Jerusalem that would ever reconcile itself to a nuclear Iran. When it is clear Iran is on the verge of acquiring nuclear weapons, an Israeli military strike to prevent this will be seriously considered."

According to Ma'ariv, Sneh offered the two candidates the "sane, cheap and the only option that does not necessitate bloodshed." To prevent Iran's nuclear aspirations, Sneh wrote, "real" sanctions applied by the US and Europe were necessary. A total embargo in spare parts for the oil industry and a total boycott of Iranian banks would promptly put an end to the regime, which is already pressured by a sloping economy and would be toppled by the Iranian people if they have outside assistance, he said.

The window of opportunity Sneh suggests is a year and a half to two years, until 2010.

Sneh also visited Switzerland and Austria last week in an attempt to lobby them against the Iranian threat. Both countries have announced massive long-term investments in Iranian gas and oil fields for the next decade.

"Talk of the Jewish Holocaust and Israel's security doesn't impress these guys," Sneh said wryly.

Hearing his hosts speak of their future investments, Sneh replied quietly "it's a shame, because Ido will light all this up." He was referring to Maj. Gen. Ido Nehushtan, the recently appointed IAF commander and the man most likely to be the one to orchestrate Israel's attack on Iran's nuclear facilities, should this become a necessity.

"Investing in Iran in 2008," Sneh told his Austrian hosts, "is like investing in the Krupp steelworks in 1938, it's a high risk investment." The Austrians, according to Sneh, turned pale.

In related news, a top official said Friday that
Iran had increased the number of operating centrifuges at its uranium enrichment plant to 4,000.

Deputy Foreign Minister Ali Reza Sheikh Attar, who visited the Natanz plant last week, said that Iran was preparing to install even more centrifuges, though he did not offer a timeframe.

"Right now, nearly 4,000 centrifuges are operating at Natanz," Attar told the state news agency IRNA. "Currently, 3,000 other centrifuges are being installed."

Meanwhile, the pan-Arabic Al Kuds al Arabi reported Friday that Iran had equipped Hizbullah with longer range missiles than those it possessed before the Second Lebanon War and had also improved the guerrilla group's targeting capabilities.

According to the report, which The Jerusalem Post could not verify independently, Hizbullah was planning a massive rocket onslaught on targets reaching deep into Israel's civilian underbelly in case Israel launches an attack on Iran.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 11:53pm
source

Russia Vows to Finish Iran's Bushehr Reactor in Months

TEHRAN (FNA)- Officials said a Russian nuclear delegation was scheduled to arrive in Iran in September 2008 to discuss a final timetable for the 1,000 megawatt Bushehr power plant.

Germany and Britain Warn Iran

Bushehr%20nuclear%20power%20plant%20in%20%20Iran%20is%20at%20the%20center%20of%20the%20row.

Bushehr nuclear power plant in Iran is at the center of the row.

source-

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 12:24am

Iran Offers N. Aid to Nigeria

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran is ready to share its nuclear technology with Nigeria to help the energy-starved west African powerhouse boost electricity generation, a senior Iranian official said.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 6:24am

I smell fear.

I smell Hizbollah launching longer range nuclear missiles at Tel Aviv should Iran be attacked. Lone Wolf, I am glad you have already posted on this, because I have been holding back on putting this up. The irony is that the Hizbollah may number as few as 300 as a standing fighting force, but can summon more in less than 30 minutes in the event of a conflict, up to 5,000.  The recent acquisition of better missiles, and most of all the honing of the Hizbollah organization strongly supported by Iran in technology and money wise, makes them the flash point for the counterstrike on Israel.

It is my heartfelt opinion that President Bush needs to meet with Putin and the head of China and basically state - despite of all our ambitions and desires to impress our citizens, we must unite as a global force and not allow this to happen period. JFK saved us from the missile crisis by making a money deal with Russia.

Posturing and posing is not the answer.  I have expressed my opinions long ago on this topic, and I can only say they were 'the only way to win, is not to play.'

That has not changed.

Medclinician
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 5:24pm

LONDON, August 31 (IranMania) - The Dutch AIVD secret service has had an ultra-secret operation underway in Iran in recent years that was halted in connection with plans for a US attack on Iran, PressTV reported. 

The respected newspaper De Telegraaf reported Friday the "ultra-secret operation" had as its aim infiltration and sabotage of the weapons industry in the Islamic Republic.

"The operation, described as extremely successful, was halted recently in connection with plans for an impending US air attack on Iran. Along with this, targets would also be bombed which were connected with the Dutch espionage action," writes the Netherlands' biggest newspaper.

"One of the agents involved, who was able to infiltrate the Iranian industry under the supervision of the AIVD, was recently recalled because the US was thought to be making a decision within weeks to attack Iran with unmanned aircraft.

Among the potential targets were said to be not only nuclear plants, but also military installations that have been brought to light partly by the agency of the AIVD," according to the newspaper.

"Information from the AIVD operation has in recent years been shared with the American CIA secret service," the paper continued. "Various supplies could also be sabotaged and stopped. These were parts for missiles and launching equipment."

The article was written by Joost de Haas, known for his good contacts in the intelligence world. Earlier, he got hold of an AIVD report which suggested that corrupt powers within Dutch police corps supplied weapons to criminals to liquidate other criminals.

note: anything  that is posted Albert, that is too  security sensitive please delete.  This was on open  net.

Medclinician

source media for data

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Telegraaf

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 6:27pm
I found this very interesting. If somehow things manage to drag on until after the election how will Obama, if elected deal with it? This is Obama's policy concerning Iran

Barack Obama's Plan

Iran

• The Problem: Iran has sought nuclear weapons, supports militias inside Iraq and terror across the region, and its leaders threaten Israel and deny the Holocaust. But Obama believes that we have not exhausted our non-military options in confronting this threat; in many ways, we have yet to try them. That's why Obama stood up to the Bush administration's warnings of war, just like he stood up to the war in Iraq.
  • Opposed Bush-Cheney Saber Rattling: Obama opposed the Kyl-Lieberman amendment, which says we should use our military presence in Iraq to counter the threat from Iran. Obama believes that it was reckless for Congress to give George Bush any justification to extend the Iraq War or to attack Iran. Obama also introduced a resolution in the Senate declaring that no act of Congress – including Kyl-Lieberman – gives the Bush administration authorization to attack Iran.
  • Diplomacy: Obama is the only major candidate who supports tough, direct presidential diplomacy with Iran without preconditions. Now is the time to pressure Iran directly to change their troubling behavior. Obama would offer the Iranian regime a choice. If Iran abandons its nuclear program and support for terrorism, we will offer incentives like membership in the World Trade Organization, economic investments, and a move toward normal diplomatic relations. If Iran continues its troubling behavior, we will step up our economic pressure and political isolation. Seeking this kind of comprehensive settlement with Iran is our best way to make progress.

Renewing American Diplomacy

• The Problem: The United States is trapped by the Bush-Cheney approach to diplomacy that refuses to talk to leaders we don't like. Not talking doesn't make us look tough – it makes us look arrogant, it denies us opportunities to make progress, and it makes it harder for America to rally international support for our leadership. On challenges ranging from terrorism to disease, nuclear weapons to climate change, we cannot make progress unless we can draw on strong international support.
  • Talk to our Foes and Friends: Obama is willing to meet with the leaders of all nations, friend and foe. He will do the careful preparation necessary, but will signal that America is ready to come to the table, and that he is willing to lead. And if America is willing to come to the table, the world will be more willing to rally behind American leadership to deal with challenges like terrorism, and Iran and North Korea's nuclear programs.
comment: Do we really need the tough guy approach when world leaders are wavering in support of the U.S. in light of the Iraqi invasion? It is true that some may regard this as weakness, but every tough guy has to eventually throw a punch. Words only go so far, and the kind of punch we would have to throw to back rhetoric would be sizable indeed.

Medclinician
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 9:19pm
true Med... so many words, so little cooperation

Ms Rice and the EU etc.spent how many months doing just this below? 
How redundant..

Now is the time to pressure Iran directly to change their troubling behavior. Obama would offer the Iranian regime a choice. If Iran abandons its nuclear program and support for terrorism, we will offer incentives like membership in the World Trade Organization, economic investments, and a move toward normal diplomatic relations. If Iran continues its troubling behavior, we will step up our economic pressure and political isolation. Seeking this kind of comprehensive settlement with Iran is our best way to make progress

No progress was made Mr. Obama.  Ms Rice has said the Iranians have no serious intentions to comply.  They totally dissed the choice.  We have promised them a blockade of items they need to keep up operations as usual. 

We are sending over many tons of diplomacy I hear.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 8:21am

Contrapoint - McCain on foreign policy, Obama, and especially Iran.

this article was written by  MC

It is fairly clear to see why there was a recent cartoon with McCain dressed up in a baseball uniform pitching a hardball at the plate with great enthusiasm. No doubt the earlier softer rhetoric (though not that soft) has kindled the 'new McCain' and in addition to taking deadly aim at batter Obama with a drop-spit ball on his inexperience, he pitches a double curve with his criticism of foreign policy in Iran; how Obama would handle it, and pulling down his cap and preparing to throw another tougher curve at the waffling government of Iran who simply will not stop making weapon grade plutonium. .

McCain likes to be seen as tough with C. Rice making some serious growls as Russia continues to escalate the pressure cooker situation in the Black Sea and Persian Gulf.
While it would seem rather eerie to look back at news stories dating in late 2007 of the same moaning over Iran's foot dragging in putting those centrifuges away, it is becoming much clearer that while promising a nebulous new consideration of things in 2009, 'after they see who is in the White House', peaceful negotiations however noble and whatever the massive risk of all out war, have failed.

McCain is a scrapper and in the 1990s when he began attacking the influence of political contributions and financed legislation, he truly grabbed a very nasty bull by the horns. Ten years before he took on President Reagan voting against the president's veto against sanctions against South Africa.

So we have a combat hero, someone who is hardcore military having spent five years as a POW in Vietnam.  So he does have the combat experience and military savy that Obama does not. But he is truly an undisguised hard charging Hawk in foreign policy. He voted for the troop increase in Iraq. He not only voted for, he proposed it in the first place.

And quote as to Iran and Syria 'There is no room for negotiation with rogue regimes.'

Obama wants to  remove troops from Iraq, Cain wants a long term presence there. Some have said that removal of American troops right now in Iraq 'would turn it into a Jihadist superstate.'

Quoting Time magazines July 23, 2008 article concerning the rift between McCain tough guy approach to Iran and Bush's last ditch effort to negotiate -

Bush sent a ranking U.S. diplomat to negotiate with the Iranians on nuclear issues — and also let it be known that a U.S. Interests Section could soon be established in Tehran, the first U.S. diplomatic presence on Iranian soil since the 1979 hostage crisis.

McCain's approach to Iran is not to talk to them and not to negotiate. The question is, in light of their continuing (though disputed) development of nuclear weapons, what exactly is McCain's plan. He speaks of bomb bomb bombing Iran and is heartily backed by Jewish neoconservatives.

The message is clear. Attack. But this policy does not sit well with the American public. And it is a little nebulous exactly where the 'bomb bomb bombing' is going to be.

One real issue in attacking Iran is its geographical location.  The Straits of Hormuz, which Iran could duly disrupt, is one of the worlds main oil shipping routes. Iranian backed militia in Iraq, which have been there for years,  could easily destabilize the already shaky situation in Iraq. A rarely quoted figure of 1.2 million civilian casualties from  the war  would most certainly indicate the strike on Iran might not be as surgical and precise and could result in some truly unsettling loss of civilian life which would make the Iranians tap on the shoulder of the Hizbollah (militia might be an appropriate term here) who then would proceed to swath attack from above Jerusalem on up the length of Israel.

So one could extrapolate that McCain approach to Iran would be speak not at all and go in with a very big stick. Once this stick is used, this blow would set the Middle East in chaos and further anger Russia the Bear to the north which is already on full alert and in attack mode anyway, and China, would likely join in as well.

In closing, if Obama starts shining in the polls, Israel may unilaterally strike Iran, knowing that Obama  is not likely to order a strike. However if McCain is electedd, it is likely that military force in spite of the consequences will be used on Iran and a hard rain of missiles is going to fall somewhere outside of Iran.

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 8:41am

New Hizballah-Hamas pact extends anti-Israel missile range from Gaza

DEBKAfile Exclusive Report

September 1, 2008, 10:28 AM (GMT+02:00)

The Iran-backed Lebanese terror group, Hizballah, has contracted to partner Hamas’ ongoing crash program using the month-old ceasefire with Israel to intensify combat training and arms procurement in preparation for war.

Source

.............................................................................................................................................

The Exocet is a French-built anti-ship missile whose various versions can be launched from surface vessels, submarines, and airplanes. Several hundred were fired in combat during the 1980s.

interesting history
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic