Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

NET Treking: Share Your Finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NET Treking: Share Your Finds
    Posted: February 03 2011 at 10:58am

Check out

Nova

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/schedule.html

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 7:48am

What Is The Secret Formula?

VIDEO

Coca-Cola, which in his lifetime was used only for medical purposes.

John Stith Pemberton (July 8, 1831 - August 16, 1888)
..................................................................................................

was a Confederate veteran and an American druggist, and perhaps was best known for being the inventor of Coca-Cola, which in his lifetime was used only for medical purposes.

[edit] Early life

Pemberton was born to James Clifford Pemberton (born 1803 in North Carolina) and Martha L. Gant (born 1791 in Virginia).[1][2] Though born in nearby Knoxville, Georgia, Pemberton, as a young child, moved with his family to the larger city of Columbus, Georgia. He was a graduate of the University of Georgia pharmacy school.

Pemberton was the nephew of the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, native John C. Pemberton, the Confederate commander during the Union siege of Vicksburg, Mississippi, and who surrendered that city to Union forces on July 4, 1863.[3]

[edit] Invention of Coca-Cola

In April 1865, Pemberton was wounded in the Battle of Columbus, Georgia, and like many wounded veterans he became addicted to morphine. Searching for a cure for this addiction, he began experimenting with coca and coca wines, eventually creating his own version of Vin Mariani, containing kola nut and damiana, which he called Pemberton's French Wine Coca.[4][5]

With public concern about drug addiction, depression and alcoholism among veterans, and "neurasthenia" among "highly-strung" Southern women,[6] his medicinal concoction was advertised as being particularly beneficial for "ladies, and all those whose sedentary employment causes nervous prostration, irregularities of the stomach, bowels and kidneys, who require a nerve tonic and a pure, delightful diffusable stimulant".[7]

In 1885, when Atlanta and Fulton County enacted temperance legislation, Pemberton produced a nonalcoholic alternative to his French Wine Coca. Frank Mason Robinson came up with the name "Coca-Cola" for the alliterative sound, which was popular among other wine medicines of the time. Although the name quite clearly refers to the two main ingredients, the controversy over cocaine content would later prompt

The Coca-Cola Company to state that it is "meaningless but fanciful". Robinson also hand wrote the Spencerian script on the bottles and ads. Pemberton also made many health claims for his product and marketed it as 'delicious, refreshing, exhilarating, invigorating' and touted it as a 'valuable brain tonic' that would cure headaches, relieve exhaustion and calm nerves.

The original formula allegedly called for 8.46 mg of cocaine, while an average dose of the street drug is between 15 and 35 mg. However, the effects of the coca leaf is greatly compounded by the presence of caffeine from the kola nut. Coca-Cola was originally advertised as a cure for morphine and opium addictions among a multitude of other health benefits.

Asa Candler bought the business in 1888. In 1894, Coke was sold in bottles for the first time. During World War II, bottling plants were set up in Europe, Africa, and the Pacific islands.

wikipedia

John Stith Pemberton

File:John%20Pemberton.jpg

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 7:11am

This Comic Book...  cleverly done, to explain Copyright (centers on documentary film )

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 8:05am

TV Is About to Get Confusing

By John R. Quain
Published November 09, 2010
 FoxNews.com

Video

Very old Coins ....

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 8:47am

APPLIANCE EDUCATOR . COM

Appliance Parts & Appliance Repair Help

Free expert appliance repair help for the do it yourselfer.

One stop appliance repair help and the "cheapest appliance parts on the planet"!!! We

give one on one appliance repair help for your do it yourself appliance repair needs. We

supply over 1,000,000 appliance parts. Appliance parts and appliance repair help is our specialty.

see me at    Mary008  Reports
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 9:56am

ABC News

Last-Minute Gifts for Last-Minute Shoppers

Becky Worley details her favorite gifts for those who still have shopping to do.
12/16/2010

Video

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 7:22pm

Geminids peak in the skies over Earth

Ready to stay up    all night?
..................................................      Grey%20moon%20-%20Click%20image%20to%20download.

On Monday, Dec. 13

from 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. EST, meteor experts Bill Cooke, Danielle Moser and Rhiannon

Blaauw from NASA's Marshall Center will answer your questions via live Web c h a t as the

Geminids peak in the skies over Earth. 

Joining the C h a t  is easy. Simply return to this page a few minutes before 11:00 p.m. EST

on the evening of Dec. 13. The C h a t  module will appear at the bottom of this page. After

you log in, wait for the C h a t module to be activated, then ask your questions. Here's to a

spectacular viewing!

Live Video/Audio Feed

A live video/audio feed of the Geminid meteor shower is embedded below. The camera is

mounted at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala. During the day, you'll

see a dark gray box or a box with the NASA logo. The camera is light-activated and will

turn on at dusk each evening. Even before the camera activates, you can still hear the

audio of meteors passing through the sky.

click on the picture of the word C H A T

then... click on the blue globe.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 9:03pm

Enjoy accuradio on your computer

Christmas music

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 8:48pm

Please.... If you have a Live Tree... water it often Thumbs%20Up

( Keep the family/and presents... safe.)

Christmas Tree Fire Video: It just takes a minute.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS8rFLq0NDE

Tree Safety Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxaUj_rfkN4&feature=related

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 8:16pm

Getting the parents/ students something portable?
........................................................................................

There is a  $99.00  netbook floating around out there...  you will go blind. 7inch screen.

I checked them out.  What sold me on what I finally bought, above... was the light weight

and 8.3 hour battery... And a screen I /you  could live with.   10.1 inch

Most people do the wireless plug in thing around the house..  my mom ditched the

cadmium battery as she doesn't plan to leave the house with it.  May not want to let kids

handle it.   Oh... and if you are a privacy nut... be aware that it WiLL take your photo :)

You could always cover up the camera with a cute sticker prior to using it.

It's a good buy.  Look around for sales on it.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 8:16pm

Inspired by Design: A House for Blake
 [ 04:10 ]

Building a house for her son Blake started off as an antidote to city life when mom and music industry executive Debbie Gibbs embraced the idea of a prefab home. The stigma of these houses has drastically changed over the last 10 years. It is now about mass customization where each house responds to each individual. Thanks to the folks at

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 1:12pm

Family Baking

Festive food for Christmas

We make these at Christmas... with frozen bread dough... very easy

instead of putting them on a sheet we put them in a lrg glass lazagna pan and after they rise up.... we drench them...sort of...with butter.

Swedish Cinnamon Rolls - baking fun

Decorating a Christmas Cake

Handmade choir boys... you could use marzipan

VeganYumYum on Martha Stewart - Marzipan

Mary008

Gingerbread Men Recipe

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 10:55am

as an aside....   talking about the elephant in the living room...

This is the video FOX removed from YouTube

Video

Now...on to the topic of....

"Islam is coming back to power."

Note the rumblings...  so he talks nicey nicey the ist 1/3... you can skip it if you like....

... what comes after, interesting ... check it out...

"...You have put your stamp on this society...adhering to your religion and voting united

we would like this example to move to our countries...Muslims can get together...

We Are Coming back....We are positioning ourselves to be a super power of the world

again.  That is what we are after.

VIDEO

New Immigration rules are the only way to INSURE diversity of culture

because the birthrate of the native populations of the EU countries  is so very LOW .

a comment... 

bloodandwinearered
2 weeks ago 4

I just hate the idea of ANYTHING taking over the whole world. Once the whole world is the same, what is the point of going anywhere? I would go to Paris for the wine, fine food, opera, ballet and to visit a fantastic culture. I don't want to go to Paris and find: Mosques, women in burkas, no wine allowed. I don't want to see Paris turned in to the decay and rot that is Islam. If I want to see that, I can visit Jakarta.

This fellow ( in white ) is interesting... Change has to come from the Islamic Scholars....

yes... and  those changes implemented in the Islamic schools.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 9:33pm

Please know about frostbite...  if your feet get cold and you ignore it...danger....

Do NOT... shovel your driveway in 5 degree weather.

Make certain your boots have a warmth rating for very

low temps, ask to see a rating...buy rated for warmth boots!

photos and info on frostbite here-

Warm boots info here-

1. Women's Bearpaw Boots - Eye-catching Warmth at Affordable Prices

Bearpaw boots not only have eye-catching style, they have many of the same qualities of more expensive boot at a more affordable price.
    hubpages.com/hub/bearpaw-boots_ - Cached
  2. Climbing Boot Review

Liner material is a significant determiner of a double boot's warmth. Open-cell foam is an affordable standby that is durable, reasonably warm, ...
    www.climbing.com/print/equipment/boots218/ - Cached - Similar
  3. Winter Boots Buying Guide | Sierra Trading Post

Winter Boots Buying Guide from Sierra Trading Post, where you can Save 35-70% on ... provide temperature ratings for their boots, such as "Rated to -50° ... So should you sacrifice the warmth of a crudely laced pac boot for the ...
    www.sierratradingpost.com/lp2/winter-boot-guide.html - Cached - Similar
  4. Review of Cold Weather Boots for Toddlers - Associated Content ...

Oct 7, 2009... well-crafted boots designed for warmth and resisting moisture. ... sturdy Snow Flurry Boots are easy to care for and very affordable. ...
    www.associatedcontent.com/.../review_of_cold_weather_boots_for_toddlers.html - Cached
  5. Affordable And Chic Boot Styles - The Early Show - CBS News

Oct 19, 2005 ... The Early Show: Affordable And Chic Boot Styles - Western, Riding Or Lace-Up Boots Are 'It' This Season.
    www.cbsnews.com/.../main954167.shtml - Cached - Similar - Add to iGoogle
  6. Boots | Old Navy - Free Shipping on $50

In cold weather they don't only provide warmth but add fashion. Old Navy boots go well ... At Old Navy you'll find affordable boots with style and function. ...
    www.oldnavy.com/products/boots.jsp - Cached
  7. Cabela's Wool Boot Socks - Free warmth while wet - Cabela's Wool ...

Cabela's Wool Boot Socks - User Rating: 5 stars. Review Summary: Try a pair for yourself and ... U.S. Military Army Socks -- Affordable Excellent Wool Sock ...
    www.epinions.com › Sports & OutdoorsOutdoor Apparel - Cached - Similar
  8. Budget and Economy boots, discount boots, affordable boots, rothco ...

Rothco Smokey Branch Leather & nylon thinsulated lined hunting boot #5098 ... PROVIDES WARMTH DOWN TO 0 TO -5 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT; 100% WATERPROOF ...
    www.armynavysuperstores.com/importedboots.htm - Cached - Similar
  9. Ugg Bailey Button Boots - Trendy, Comfortable & Affordable

Sep 23, 2009 ... Ugg Bailey Button Boots - Trendy, Comfortable & Affordable ... They provide your feet enough warmth that they require and prevent the frozen ...
    ezinearticles.com/?Ugg-Bailey...Boots...Affordable&id... - Cached - Similar
  10. How To Keep Your Feet Warm On Cold Days - OnTheSnow

Sep 29, 2008 ... BootGloves can add as much as 53 degrees of warmth to your feet, according to the manufacturer. ... won't compromise the fit of your boots, and are affordable at $19.95 a pair. ... Resort Reviews: Top Rated Ski Resorts ...
    www.onthesnow.com/.../how-to-keep-your-feet-warm-on-cold-days - Cached - Similar
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 5:05pm

Saw a new ( for me ) Buy and sell site...

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 8:27pm

Finally The Truth About Auto Repair

Finally honest, straight to the point auto repair advice in a language you can understand, that gives answers to your car questions. This is not "how-to" but rather "how-not-to" information. Stop over-paying your auto mechanic, and I bet you are right now!

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 11:45am

Christmas Music

click on your Fav... I like the Holiday Classical

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 10:45pm

Christmas Decorating tips

Holiday Centerpiece Ideas

I love the Snowman

Christmas Flower Crafts and Decorating with Julie Mulligan

How to Make a Candy    Christmas Wreath

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 9:49pm

Oh my heart... look at the 60's...  the trees were frightening, and all the men looked like Pee Wee Herman.   : )

Vintage Christmas family Movie 1960-1962

Christmas 1972 Film to DVD 8mm Film Transfer to DVD

Lile Family Christmas 1982 - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgcT7Jfrwf0

Remember this?  Dad talks loud and the date is permanant  :)

Christmas 1996 Part 1

Some here leave the trees up for 6 weeks...  this must be why....

Putting up the Christmas Tree

Time Lapse Christmas Tree decorating

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 6:42pm

Beloved By Many

Anna Eleanor Roosevelt

1st Lady of The World

You gain strength, courage & confidence by every experience you
stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say,

'I have lived through this.'

You must do the thing you think you cannot do. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Never stop.

It was Eleanor who prodded Franklin to return to active life. To compensate for his lack of mobility, she overcame her shyness to make public appearances on his behalf and thereafter served him as a listening post and barometer of popular sentiment.

Eleanor Roosevelt Biography: Her Star Still Shines Documentary (2009)

Video

Eleanor Roosevelt 1884 - 1962

Mary008

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 11:21am
.http://faculty.cua.edu/pennington/BaldusPerugia/CharlesIVWenceslausCharlesV.jpg

"Good King Wenceslas"

is a popular Christmas carol about a king who goes out to give alms to a poor peasant on the Feast of Stephen (the second day of Christmas, December 26).

During the journey, his page is about to give up the struggle against the cold weather, but is enabled to continue by the heat miraculously emanating from the king's footprints in the snow. The legend is based on the life of the historical Saint Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia (907-935), known in the Czech language as Svaty Vaclav.

The tune is based on a 13th century spring carol "Tempus adest floridum" ("It is time for flowering") first published in the 1582 Finnish song collection Piae Cantiones.

The "Wenceslas" lyrics were written much later in 1853 by the English hymnwriter John Mason Neale (1818–1866) and substituted for the original Latin (to which they bear no relation) in collaboration with his music editor Thomas Helmore.

wikipedia

very nice version

GOOD KING WENCESLAS-Christmas Carol-Villancico
...........................................................................................

Good King Wenceslas

Loreena McKennitt- Good King Wenceslas

Good King Wenceslas score
Mary008

File:Good%20King%20Wenceslas%20score.jpg

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2010 at 9:31pm

Check out Amazon.com to purchase these...

All Kinds of Christmas Specials

VIDEOS

Remember...

80's Kraft Holiday Commercials

Charlie Brown Christmas

A Muppet Family Christmas Part 1 of 5

Mickey's Christmas Carol (1-3)

A Disney Christmas Gift Part 1 of 5

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer ~ Part 1

Osmonds Individual Families Sing Xmas Songs

The Osmonds One Bad Apple Ohio State Fair 1972
.....................................................................................

Osmonds 50th - One Bad Apple

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2010 at 9:53pm
File:Wallis%20Simpson%20-1936.JPG

Wallis Simpson -1936

photos and info

Wallis, Duchess of Windsor

Edward made a broadcast to the people, saying, "I have found it

impossible to carry the heavy burden of responsibility, and to

discharge my duties as King as I would wish to do, without the

help and support of the woman I love."[68]

... An image from Van Cleef and Arpels' 1936 order book featuring a special commission for

a Cravate necklace (Facetted rubies and diamonds set in platinum) ordered for the Duchess

of Windsor.

Wallis Simpson's jewels auctioned

Photos...

More Photos of her jewels

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2010 at 11:17am

Girl_in_snow.gif%20-%20%288K%29

HOLIDAY RADIO

Click on your favorite

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2010 at 2:56pm

Bill Gates House

the most beautiful house in the world

Arabian style Wedding at Abu Dhabi
 "Men Dancing and Chanting"

South Korea's home of the future

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mxocMgUrvo

Tomorrow Land

Plastic Land...  last half is best...

House of the future - part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoCCO3GKqWY&feature=related

House of the future - part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVMAeSNZZz0&feature=related

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2010 at 4:30pm
Author, Nikater http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hintersee.jpg
File:Hintersee.jpg

Hintersee, lake near Ramsau in Bavaria, Germany

Schwangau, Germany: Fairy Tale Castle

Video

Rothenburg, Germany: Romantic Medieval Town
.................................................................................

Video

Black Forest, Germany: A Walk in the Woods

Video

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2010 at 10:12pm

Martha Stewart Home for the Holidays

Cat Plays Piano...

Nora's First Interview-Martha Stewart

Napkin Folding

Martha Stewart on Access Hollywood

Martha Stewart Show featuring Fine Stationery

Felix Fu is an artist and visual storyteller who was born and raised in Hong Kong. Now living and working in Newton, Massachusetts,

Felix creates tiny watercolors that capture the joy, beauty and essence of life. Charming and whimsical, his images have a nostalgic feeling that reminds one of a simpler, more magical time. Perhaps it is the flavor of the English influence in Hong Kong blended with New England tradition and a dash of child-like enthusiasm.

Felix Doolittle stationery is unlike any other - each piece is like a miniature work of art. The Doolittle signature style includes full color illustrations, quality heavy paper, rounded corners and complementing illustrated envelopes. As friends and family receive your invitations and announcements, we hope our stationery conveys the joy with which it was created.

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2010 at 3:48pm

Cute  Elf  xmas  card ...

JibJab

click on a card... takes a few seconds to load...

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2010 at 3:13pm

some of it is...   Funny.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008
The Word - Mad Men

many more Videos here-

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

11/17/10 in :60 Seconds

Two scientists suggest sending older people to Mars, House committees get new Republican chairmen, and Ian Frazier describes the Siberia that America doesn't know about. (01:01)

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2010 at 2:49pm

hi all ...sorry about the trollish postings on the site.  ignore.... 

Anyway...  A Very Happy Thanksgiving     to all of you... !    :)

and here is a cute blog... some funny stories here.

We will be eating our feast soon... it only took all afternoon to prepare.   Yum.

if you have a dog... the moving story is so funny in spots... you can also skim and it's very grinny for those without a doggie also.   This one I just looked at...

You all have a great day...

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 10:08am

Enjoy Holiday Music

A favorite

hit little white arrow to play...

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 5:03am

Chocolate Expert - Chocolate Truffles

Video

Chocolate Expert - Good and Bad Chocolate

Video

Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle

Video

How to Make Chocolate Truffles : Roll Chocolate Truffles After

Video

Purdy's Chocolates - Science of Chocolate

Video

Purdy's Chocolates - How to Make Truffles

Video

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 2:47am

We love to make handmade items for the Holidays...

Martha Stewart Home for the Holidays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2yifWEuBkk&feature=related

Lucy on Martha Stewart's Christmas Special 2002

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2vJpirIs9s&feature=related

Dresden Star Ornaments with Martha Stewart

How to Make Antique Victorian Christmas Ornaments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRn5j3GbZ0Q&feature=related

nice video

Holiday Cookie Cutters with a history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESAwv2xIuOo&feature=related

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 2:09am

Is China now the world's top supercomputer power?
..........................................................................................

November 18, 2010 2:27 a.m. EST 

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 9:29am

Best Buy   cutting prices to draw holiday shoppers

Best Buy cutting prices on some items Friday and Saturday in bid to pull in holiday shoppers

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 4:09pm

All kinds of interesting Videos on Frontline...

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 12:11am

Car 54, Where are You?

and....

Dragnet: Big Break

Bonanza- The Waiting Game 1

Bonanza- The Smiler- part 1

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 5:53pm

Bloomberg TV

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2010 at 9:13pm
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2010 at 7:08pm

Interesting series of videos...

Iraqi Shias - Iraq

journeymanpictures - August 16, 2007 - June 2004

The power struggle between Shia Muslims in Najaf (Iraq) and Qom (Iran)

VIDEO

Islam's Rising Star - Syria

VIDEO

journeymanpictures - October 19, 2007 - September 2006 War in Lebanon has dramatically altered the political spectrum in Syria. Support for Hezbollah is strong, and many now call for the re-capture of the Golan Heights. In a nationally televised address to the Syrian Journalist Union, President Bashar al Assad issued a stark warning to Israel; "Your weapons, warplanes, rockets and even your atomic bombs will not protect you". He is playing a dangerous game.

Syria's secularism is under attack. Posters of Nasrallah are selling on the streets like hotcakes; "we keep running out of them". And 90% of women wear the veil. As economist Ayman Abdel Nour points out, "the biggest danger for Assad's regime is radical Islam", so why does he allow and encourage it now? Is Bashar Assad pursuing this policy to increase his political strength and refocus the nation back to; "our one cause -- the Golan Heights"?

Yet, as Nour admits; "Syria cannot open a direct war with Israel. We cannot win". Instead Assad hopes to force the US into talks, offering himself as the only moderate voice, whilst at the same time "supporting Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas, and jihad in Israel." If Assad plays his cards wrong, the worry is that sunni Sheik Mohammad Hasbah's prediction of "more violence and bloodshed in the Middle East" could come true. Produced by ABC Australia Distributed by Journeyman Pictures

Fighting Al Qaeda - Yemen

VIDEO

journeymanpictures — January 12, 2010 — Following yet another failed airline bomb attack originating from Yemen, the country is once again in the spotlight. Question is, is anyone tackling the rising terror threat? The battle between Yemeni authorities and their terrorists is hardening.

As Al-Qaeda membership widens in the impoverished country, President Ali Abdullah Saleh states, "Young people become convinced to join, believing they are following a religious path". Now it is up to counter-terrorism forces in Yemen; "We are fighting for our lives". But there are many questions about the effectiveness of the Yemeni authority's tactics.

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2010 at 5:14pm

Check it out...

and

Firefox Leaves No Reason to Endure Internet Explorer

By Rob Pegoraro
Sunday, November 14, 2004   ( yer still using it? )

Internet Explorer Is Too Dangerous to Keep Using

By: Steven Vaughan-Nichols

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2010 at 7:44pm

E Readers Just Aren't  There  yet...

People are waiting for the annoying page turning flash to ...go away.

1. Annoying Reverse Image Flash E-Ink Readers - MobileRead Forums

15 posts - 13 authors - Last post: Aug 27
    Do all E-Ink readers have this - do that? ... from from lower right-hand corner to the upper left-hand corner while the screen's flashing. ...
    www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96121 - Cached
  2. Kindle and Nook e-readers get massive price cuts

Jun 21, 2010 ... It will be interesting to see how this all winds up. ... E-ink is gorgeous as a static screen, but that page flash/refresh every turn is distracting. ... It doesn't really have anything to do with the merits of the device as .... For a start the glossy edge around the screen was quite annoying under ...
    www.tuaw.com/.../kindle-and-nook-e-readers-get-massive-price-cuts/ - Cached
  3. Screen Flicker and End User Annoyances | systematicHR

Aug 30, 2010 ... There has been so much publicity around e-readers and the Apple iPad lately. ... but a 1 second screen flicker on page turns is rather annoying. ... all end users have become accustomed to waiting for screen refreshes. ...
    systematichr.com/?p=1593 - Cached
  4. Amazon.com: Aluratek LIBRE eBook Reader PRO - eBook reader - Flash ...

16 reviews - $121.47 - in stock
    One thing that I think is probably true for all ebook readers is that the ... and didn't have the annoying black flash thing that other ereaders have ... The downside is that it doesn't seem to have as good a variation in font size as do the books ... The screen is very nice, and the words are very nice and crisp. ...
    www.amazon.com/Aluratek-LIBRE-eBook-Reader.../B002O0KQ7G - Cached
  5. Sony Reader - Reviews by Mobile Tech Review

It's good looking and it will inspire you to do things you couldn't or wouldn't do ... dictionaries) and all of Stephen King's books for late night delightful reading? ... The Sony Reader also has a bookmark button (you can have multiple ... the Reader's screen flashes black for a second which is quite annoying. ...
    www.mobiletechreview.com/Sony-Reader.htm - Cached - Similar
  6. Sony Reader Digital Book PRS-505 Review (red) - E-Book readers ...

Review by David Carnoy - Nov 14, 2007 - Price range: $299.99
    The non touch screen means no annoying finger print smudges on the ... I would also recommend against e-readers with touch screens as I find lint, ... there are two flash memory slots one for Sony?s memory stick and one for SD memory. ... that you'll not have to do without the latest titles--but you might well want ...
    reviews.cnet.com/e...readers/.../4505-3508_7-33229376.html - Cached - Similar
  7. E-Ink Gets More Appealing

Nov 2, 2009 ... I've been writing about e-readers from the moment that Amazon released its first Kindle. And when I do, I usually express my reservations about the E-Ink screens ... the annoying flashing effect when the screen refreshes–the one a ... tablets are popping up all over and Marvel's Armada chip is in ...
    technologizer.com/2009/11/02/e-ink-gets-more-appealing/ - Cached
  8. Hardware Tips: Improve Your Image With 13 Simple Graphics Tweaks ...

With so many e-readers to choose from, there's a model for everyone this holiday season. ... Even though some LCDs have scaling algorithms that do a good job of smoothing ... Refresh rate: The annoying screen flicker of many CRTs is due to a refresh rate .... Best Prices on Monitors. Most Popular; All Categories ...
    www.pcworld.com › BlogsHardware Tips - Cached - Similar
  9. Compare Amazon Kindle, Sony Reader Daily Edition, and IREX DR800SG ...

Sep 23, 2009 ... Do what I will do. Purchase all of the readers. ... The problem being that it will have less functionality that netbook, .... The Kindles and these other e-ink devices *FLASH* the page when you turn a page… hardly ... (and even then, you get annoying glare on the Kindles Screen that is distracting) ...
    www.crunchgear.com/.../compare-amazon-sony-and-irex-wireless-e-book-readers-with-this-handy-chart/ - Cached - Similar
  10. More ereader questions | Ask MetaFilter

Oct 6, 2010 ... Are there any e-readers you can read on the beach or in the bath? ... That all being said, I love, love love my kindle. ... Seconding that the Kindle screen flash is annoying at first but you adjust very quickly. .... [1] They do have "experimental" web browser access and Wikipedia access you can do ...
    ask.metafilter.com/167081/More-ereader-questions - Cached

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 10:36am

.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HAARP_site.jpg

File:HAARP%20site.jpg

How do you fool the world?

Keep the mistress in plain sight...

...his father's tall, slender, private secretary, had been Roosevelt's mistress for 20 years.

HAARP

High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program
.........................................................................................
.......................................................................................................

The ionosphere

is a portion of the upper atmosphere, between the thermosphere and the exosphere,

distinguished because it is ionized by solar radiation. It plays an important part in atmospheric

electricity and forms the inner edge of the magnetosphere. It has practical importance because,

among other functions, it influences radio propagation to distant places on the Earth.[1]

Youtube VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnRPZOUVhJ4

HAARP CBC Broadcast Weather control part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkLTzesBxGE

HAARP CBC Broadcast Weather control part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi1nLmlicxU&feature=related

HAARP's main goal

is basic science research of the uppermost portion of the atmosphere, known as

the ionosphere. Essentially a transition between the atmosphere and the magnetosphere, the

ionosphere is where the atmosphere is thin enough that the sun's x-rays and UV rays can reach it,

but thick enough that there are still enough molecules present to absorb those rays. Consequently,

the ionosphere consists of a rapid increase in density of free electrons, beginning at ~70 km,

reaching a peak at ~300 km, and then falling off again as the atmosphere disappears entirely by

~1000 km. Various aspects of HAARP can study all of the main layers of the ionosphere.

wikipedia

in full here... 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 9:52am

Oval Office    Has A Friendly New Look

Compare it to this Patriotic but rather formal look.... A blast from the past...

Pres. Obama's Eagle above is actually similar to the one my Gram embroiderd yrs ago :)

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 9:37pm

Historic Film: Market Street 1906

Morley Safer reports on a mystery that was solved about a 100-year-old film that we now know was made on San Francisco's Market Street just days before the 1906 earthquake.

Air Date: 10/17/10

Full Episode 12:30

Mary008
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic