Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

NET Treking: Share Your Finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 10:45pm

Christmas Decorating tips

Holiday Centerpiece Ideas

I love the Snowman

Christmas Flower Crafts and Decorating with Julie Mulligan

How to Make a Candy    Christmas Wreath

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 11:45am

Christmas Music

click on your Fav... I like the Holiday Classical

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 8:27pm

Finally The Truth About Auto Repair

Finally honest, straight to the point auto repair advice in a language you can understand, that gives answers to your car questions. This is not "how-to" but rather "how-not-to" information. Stop over-paying your auto mechanic, and I bet you are right now!

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 5:05pm

Saw a new ( for me ) Buy and sell site...

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 9:33pm

Please know about frostbite...  if your feet get cold and you ignore it...danger....

Do NOT... shovel your driveway in 5 degree weather.

Make certain your boots have a warmth rating for very

low temps, ask to see a rating...buy rated for warmth boots!

photos and info on frostbite here-

Warm boots info here-

1. Women's Bearpaw Boots - Eye-catching Warmth at Affordable Prices

Bearpaw boots not only have eye-catching style, they have many of the same qualities of more expensive boot at a more affordable price.
    hubpages.com/hub/bearpaw-boots_ - Cached
  2. Climbing Boot Review

Liner material is a significant determiner of a double boot's warmth. Open-cell foam is an affordable standby that is durable, reasonably warm, ...
    www.climbing.com/print/equipment/boots218/ - Cached - Similar
  3. Winter Boots Buying Guide | Sierra Trading Post

Winter Boots Buying Guide from Sierra Trading Post, where you can Save 35-70% on ... provide temperature ratings for their boots, such as "Rated to -50&deg; ... So should you sacrifice the warmth of a crudely laced pac boot for the ...
    www.sierratradingpost.com/lp2/winter-boot-guide.html - Cached - Similar
  4. Review of Cold Weather Boots for Toddlers - Associated Content ...

Oct 7, 2009... well-crafted boots designed for warmth and resisting moisture. ... sturdy Snow Flurry Boots are easy to care for and very affordable. ...
    www.associatedcontent.com/.../review_of_cold_weather_boots_for_toddlers.html - Cached
  5. Affordable And Chic Boot Styles - The Early Show - CBS News

Oct 19, 2005 ... The Early Show: Affordable And Chic Boot Styles - Western, Riding Or Lace-Up Boots Are 'It' This Season.
    www.cbsnews.com/.../main954167.shtml - Cached - Similar - Add to iGoogle
  6. Boots | Old Navy - Free Shipping on $50

In cold weather they don't only provide warmth but add fashion. Old Navy boots go well ... At Old Navy you'll find affordable boots with style and function. ...
    www.oldnavy.com/products/boots.jsp - Cached
  7. Cabela's Wool Boot Socks - Free warmth while wet - Cabela's Wool ...

Cabela's Wool Boot Socks - User Rating: 5 stars. Review Summary: Try a pair for yourself and ... U.S. Military Army Socks -- Affordable Excellent Wool Sock ...
    www.epinions.com › Sports & OutdoorsOutdoor Apparel - Cached - Similar
  8. Budget and Economy boots, discount boots, affordable boots, rothco ...

Rothco Smokey Branch Leather & nylon thinsulated lined hunting boot #5098 ... PROVIDES WARMTH DOWN TO 0 TO -5 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT; 100% WATERPROOF ...
    www.armynavysuperstores.com/importedboots.htm - Cached - Similar
  9. Ugg Bailey Button Boots - Trendy, Comfortable & Affordable

Sep 23, 2009 ... Ugg Bailey Button Boots - Trendy, Comfortable & Affordable ... They provide your feet enough warmth that they require and prevent the frozen ...
    ezinearticles.com/?Ugg-Bailey...Boots...Affordable&id... - Cached - Similar
  10. How To Keep Your Feet Warm On Cold Days - OnTheSnow

Sep 29, 2008 ... BootGloves can add as much as 53 degrees of warmth to your feet, according to the manufacturer. ... won't compromise the fit of your boots, and are affordable at $19.95 a pair. ... Resort Reviews: Top Rated Ski Resorts ...
    www.onthesnow.com/.../how-to-keep-your-feet-warm-on-cold-days - Cached - Similar
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 10:55am

as an aside....   talking about the elephant in the living room...

This is the video FOX removed from YouTube

Video

Now...on to the topic of....

"Islam is coming back to power."

Note the rumblings...  so he talks nicey nicey the ist 1/3... you can skip it if you like....

... what comes after, interesting ... check it out...

"...You have put your stamp on this society...adhering to your religion and voting united

we would like this example to move to our countries...Muslims can get together...

We Are Coming back....We are positioning ourselves to be a super power of the world

again.  That is what we are after.

VIDEO

New Immigration rules are the only way to INSURE diversity of culture

because the birthrate of the native populations of the EU countries  is so very LOW .

a comment... 

bloodandwinearered
2 weeks ago 4

I just hate the idea of ANYTHING taking over the whole world. Once the whole world is the same, what is the point of going anywhere? I would go to Paris for the wine, fine food, opera, ballet and to visit a fantastic culture. I don't want to go to Paris and find: Mosques, women in burkas, no wine allowed. I don't want to see Paris turned in to the decay and rot that is Islam. If I want to see that, I can visit Jakarta.

This fellow ( in white ) is interesting... Change has to come from the Islamic Scholars....

yes... and  those changes implemented in the Islamic schools.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 1:12pm

Family Baking

Festive food for Christmas

We make these at Christmas... with frozen bread dough... very easy

instead of putting them on a sheet we put them in a lrg glass lazagna pan and after they rise up.... we drench them...sort of...with butter.

Swedish Cinnamon Rolls - baking fun

Decorating a Christmas Cake

Handmade choir boys... you could use marzipan

VeganYumYum on Martha Stewart - Marzipan

Mary008

Gingerbread Men Recipe

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 8:16pm

Inspired by Design: A House for Blake
 [ 04:10 ]

Building a house for her son Blake started off as an antidote to city life when mom and music industry executive Debbie Gibbs embraced the idea of a prefab home. The stigma of these houses has drastically changed over the last 10 years. It is now about mass customization where each house responds to each individual. Thanks to the folks at

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 8:16pm

Getting the parents/ students something portable?
........................................................................................

There is a  $99.00  netbook floating around out there...  you will go blind. 7inch screen.

I checked them out.  What sold me on what I finally bought, above... was the light weight

and 8.3 hour battery... And a screen I /you  could live with.   10.1 inch

Most people do the wireless plug in thing around the house..  my mom ditched the

cadmium battery as she doesn't plan to leave the house with it.  May not want to let kids

handle it.   Oh... and if you are a privacy nut... be aware that it WiLL take your photo :)

You could always cover up the camera with a cute sticker prior to using it.

It's a good buy.  Look around for sales on it.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 8:48pm

Please.... If you have a Live Tree... water it often Thumbs%20Up

( Keep the family/and presents... safe.)

Christmas Tree Fire Video: It just takes a minute.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS8rFLq0NDE

Tree Safety Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxaUj_rfkN4&feature=related

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 9:03pm

Enjoy accuradio on your computer

Christmas music

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 7:22pm

Geminids peak in the skies over Earth

Ready to stay up    all night?
..................................................      Grey%20moon%20-%20Click%20image%20to%20download.

On Monday, Dec. 13

from 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. EST, meteor experts Bill Cooke, Danielle Moser and Rhiannon

Blaauw from NASA's Marshall Center will answer your questions via live Web c h a t as the

Geminids peak in the skies over Earth. 

Joining the C h a t  is easy. Simply return to this page a few minutes before 11:00 p.m. EST

on the evening of Dec. 13. The C h a t  module will appear at the bottom of this page. After

you log in, wait for the C h a t module to be activated, then ask your questions. Here's to a

spectacular viewing!

Live Video/Audio Feed

A live video/audio feed of the Geminid meteor shower is embedded below. The camera is

mounted at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala. During the day, you'll

see a dark gray box or a box with the NASA logo. The camera is light-activated and will

turn on at dusk each evening. Even before the camera activates, you can still hear the

audio of meteors passing through the sky.

click on the picture of the word C H A T

then... click on the blue globe.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 9:56am

ABC News

Last-Minute Gifts for Last-Minute Shoppers

Becky Worley details her favorite gifts for those who still have shopping to do.
12/16/2010

Video

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 8:47am

APPLIANCE EDUCATOR . COM

Appliance Parts & Appliance Repair Help

Free expert appliance repair help for the do it yourselfer.

One stop appliance repair help and the "cheapest appliance parts on the planet"!!! We

give one on one appliance repair help for your do it yourself appliance repair needs. We

supply over 1,000,000 appliance parts. Appliance parts and appliance repair help is our specialty.

see me at    Mary008  Reports
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 8:05am

TV Is About to Get Confusing

By John R. Quain
Published November 09, 2010
 FoxNews.com

Video

Very old Coins ....

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 7:11am

This Comic Book...  cleverly done, to explain Copyright (centers on documentary film )

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 7:48am

What Is The Secret Formula?

VIDEO

Coca-Cola, which in his lifetime was used only for medical purposes.

John Stith Pemberton (July 8, 1831 - August 16, 1888)
..................................................................................................

was a Confederate veteran and an American druggist, and perhaps was best known for being the inventor of Coca-Cola, which in his lifetime was used only for medical purposes.

[edit] Early life

Pemberton was born to James Clifford Pemberton (born 1803 in North Carolina) and Martha L. Gant (born 1791 in Virginia).[1][2] Though born in nearby Knoxville, Georgia, Pemberton, as a young child, moved with his family to the larger city of Columbus, Georgia. He was a graduate of the University of Georgia pharmacy school.

Pemberton was the nephew of the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, native John C. Pemberton, the Confederate commander during the Union siege of Vicksburg, Mississippi, and who surrendered that city to Union forces on July 4, 1863.[3]

[edit] Invention of Coca-Cola

In April 1865, Pemberton was wounded in the Battle of Columbus, Georgia, and like many wounded veterans he became addicted to morphine. Searching for a cure for this addiction, he began experimenting with coca and coca wines, eventually creating his own version of Vin Mariani, containing kola nut and damiana, which he called Pemberton's French Wine Coca.[4][5]

With public concern about drug addiction, depression and alcoholism among veterans, and "neurasthenia" among "highly-strung" Southern women,[6] his medicinal concoction was advertised as being particularly beneficial for "ladies, and all those whose sedentary employment causes nervous prostration, irregularities of the stomach, bowels and kidneys, who require a nerve tonic and a pure, delightful diffusable stimulant".[7]

In 1885, when Atlanta and Fulton County enacted temperance legislation, Pemberton produced a nonalcoholic alternative to his French Wine Coca. Frank Mason Robinson came up with the name "Coca-Cola" for the alliterative sound, which was popular among other wine medicines of the time. Although the name quite clearly refers to the two main ingredients, the controversy over cocaine content would later prompt

The Coca-Cola Company to state that it is "meaningless but fanciful". Robinson also hand wrote the Spencerian script on the bottles and ads. Pemberton also made many health claims for his product and marketed it as 'delicious, refreshing, exhilarating, invigorating' and touted it as a 'valuable brain tonic' that would cure headaches, relieve exhaustion and calm nerves.

The original formula allegedly called for 8.46 mg of cocaine, while an average dose of the street drug is between 15 and 35 mg. However, the effects of the coca leaf is greatly compounded by the presence of caffeine from the kola nut. Coca-Cola was originally advertised as a cure for morphine and opium addictions among a multitude of other health benefits.

Asa Candler bought the business in 1888. In 1894, Coke was sold in bottles for the first time. During World War II, bottling plants were set up in Europe, Africa, and the Pacific islands.

wikipedia

John Stith Pemberton

File:John%20Pemberton.jpg

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 10:58am

Check out

Nova

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/schedule.html

Mary008
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic