Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

NET Treking: Share Your Finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 9:54am
File:Song%20Dynasty%20Elegant%20Party.JPG

Selling cheese to the Chinese

Mukul Devichand travels to Shanghai to tell the story of the Europeans who are trying to

persuade China's expanding middle class that it is worth ditching their noodles and soya,

and paying for pricey European fine foods instead.

Audio Here- 23 min

NET Treking: Share Your Finds by Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 10:24am
above works now... or paste address in your browser.

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 8:41pm

Kids like this soothing tone in the evening... try it :)

scroll down to

Listen to Samples

and click the blue letters

Christian A Cappella

2)

3)

and..

Listen to "Jesus Christ The Apple Tree" in Real Audio.

VIDEO

pretty song...

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 10:17am
File:Suze%20Orman%20Senate%20Committee.jpg

SUZE ORMAN

Suze Orman came from a working class background and has said that she did not "grow

up with money."[6][8] She was an undergraduate at the University of Illinois at Urbana-

Champaign from which she holds a B.A. in social work (1976).[9]

wikipedia
VIDEO's

EBay founder's group commits $2M to Wikipedia
.................................................................................

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Preparing for Flu

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 5:11pm
Tax info

and...

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 5:59pm
                              bell_2.gif%20-%20%283K%29

Michael's and AC Moore Often have 40% off one item coupons.
..........................................................................................................

Nice for starting xmas buying early.

Use store locator for coupons in your area.

Net Treking: Share Your Finds by Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 4:54pm

Wow

New Revelation...

brought out to you via a new book...

( it is good for your children to play together,  what? no tv?  playing outside?)

VIDEO

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 5:08pm

The American Experience

The Kennedy's

VIDEO

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 9:01am

North

Yankee Magazine

VIDEO: Brimfield Fair

Brimfield, Massachusetts,

is best known for the annual three-part fairs, Brimfield Antique and Flea Market Shows,
Catch the next one September 8-13, 2009.

South

Southern Living Magazine

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 7:36pm

A member asked about house fires, (fire safety) there is a lot out there on it.

This looks like a good site ...

You may want to print off info and share it with others?

http://www.cherryvale.org/howdoi/prep_inhome.htm

...................................................................................................................

on 4/28/2008 I'm a retired battalion chief who served 25+ years with a county Fire and EMS department in the southeast.

NEVER go into a burning building unless you are a properly equipped and trained firefighter.

The world inside a burning building is completely unknown and dangerous to anyone who has not trained to become a firefighter. The environment is so dangerous that fire departments in the USA must adhere to a "2-in, 2-out" mandate from OSHA: before a team of two firefighters can enter a building to search for a possible victim, there must be a two-person crew outside standing by to rescue the entry team if they get into trouble. The only exception is an imminent life rescue situation, i.e., you see someone in the building

source
http://www.ehow.com/how_2154241_rescue-someone-burning-building.html

....................................................................................................

Under no circumstances should anyone re-enter a burning building.

Plans for Children, the Elderly or Others Who May Need Assistance
Special provisions may be required for infants, young children, disabled or the elderly who may need additional help when escaping. These provisions should be included in the home fire escape plan and discussed with all family members. Special Provisions for

Children: When they're afraid, children will commonly seek sheltered places such as a closet or under the bed. Encourage them to follow the family's EDITH plan and meet at the designated location. Remind them to NEVER hide during a fire - they should always go outside, if possible. Make sure children can operate the windows, descend a ladder, or lower themselves to the ground through a window. (Slide out on the stomach, feet first.

Hang on with both hands, and bend the knees when landing.) Lower children to the ground before you exit from the window; they may panic and not follow if an adult goes first. Have children learn how to dial 9-1-1 and practice saying the family name and your home's street address into the phone.Practice Your Fire Escape Plan

Most importantly, practice your home fire escape plan before an incident occurs.A good way to practice the effectiveness of a home fire escape plan is to position each family member in his or her bed, turn off all the lights, and activate the smoke detector by depressing the test switch. Each family member should help "awaken" the others by yelling the alert.

Family members should exit their rooms according to the escape plan, crawl low under smoke, practice feeling doors for heat, and meet in the designated safe spot outside the home. Practice drills at different times and under different situations, i.e., at night, in the winter, or when a friend is staying over.

(This might encourage the friend to have his/her family create a plan for their home.)Not all "homes" are single residential structures; some include apartments and other types of buildings. Some additional discussion may be helpful when planning methods of escape for these types of structures.

Escape from Other Types of Structures

High-Rise Apartment Complexes:  Most high-rise or multi-story apartment complexes post fire escape plans for all residents to see and follow. However, these plans seldom include escape routes for each apartment. Family members must develop and practice an evacuation plan for their individual apartment.

source
http://www.midland-mi.org/government/departments/fire/HomeEscape.htm

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 9:41pm

Enjoyable Viewing

The American Experience

All Types of interesting subjects

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 12:49pm

The  80's  ...  fun yrs...  my kid loves the classics :)

and older stuff brother's played...  70's

The Police

BOZ

Grover Washington Jr. - Winelight

Spandau Ballet - True

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Huey Lewis And The News - Heart And Soul

Earth Wind & Fire

Let's Groove

ABBA

Queen

road music...   imagine your kid

playing     Queen     all    the    way    to     Vermont  ...  :) 

Another One Bites The Dust

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2009 at 8:36pm

File:Snickerdoodles1.jpg

recipe

Friday Dinner...

Fish.. German Potato Salad and Snickerdoodle Cookies :)

File:Kartoffelsalat.jpg
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2009 at 12:28am

J&J recalls infants', children's liquid Tylenol
.................................................................................

Thu Sep 24, 10:45 pm ET

NEW YORK – Johnson & Johnson's McNeil unit said Thursday it is voluntarily recalling 57 lots of infants' and children's liquid Tylenol products because of possible bacterial contamination.

article here-

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090925/ap_on_bi_ge/us_johnson___johnson_tylenol_recall

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2009 at 5:38pm

Some invested in Mac's...

What Are People Eating At McDonald's Around The World?
.................................................................................................

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2009 at 12:15am

Nice film... 

The Amish / Ohio

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 8:41pm

This might be in Japan... they have quite a sense of humor...

some interesting reads here...scroll done and choose your interest.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2009 at 3:40pm
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2009 at 11:37am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wooden_Miracle_Kizhi.jpg     by Sigmund Pettersen
File:Wooden%20Miracle%20Kizhi.jpg

The churches of Kizhi, Russia

are among a handful of World Heritage Sites built entirely of wood, without metal joints

Kizhi

is an island on Lake Onega in the Republic of Karelia

Kizhi island is about 7 km long and 0.5 km wide. It is surrounded by about 5,000 other islands, most of which are very small — some mere rock outcroppings (called "skerries"), though some are as big as 35 km long. Access to Kizhi is by hydrofoil across Lake Onega from Petrozavodsk (numerous trips every day in the summer)or by cruise ship, by helicopter and snowcat (in the winter). There is no lodging on Kizhi for overnight guests, except some guest houses in neighbouring villages.

The Kizhi Pogost, as it is known in Russian, is the area inside the perimeter wall or fence and includes 2 large wooden churches and a bell-tower. The entire island of Kizhi is a museum with many historically significant and beautiful wooden and log structures including windmills, chapels, boat- and fish-houses, saunas, barns and granaries, and homes. There are two small villages on the island that are home to a few local farmers. Museum staff also live in the old log homes found in these villages.

The jewel of its architecture is the 22-domed
T
ransfiguration Church (was founded in 1714)

Lake Onega
Lake%20Onega%20-
Lake%20Onega%20-

Transfiguration Church (was founded in 1714)

Close up version here

File:Kizhi%20churches.jpg
Lake Onega by Antonio Bonanno
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2009 at 12:21pm

Cat%20and%20pumpkin%20-%20Click%20image%20to%20download.                                                                                                     Bat%20and%20moon%202%20-%20Click%20image%20to%20download.

Could You Turn Your Ideas Into A Religion?

Lafayette Ronald Hubbard (*Wilson) did.

L. Ron Hubbard's Father was

... born Henry August *Wilson.

His mother died when he was a baby, and he was adopted by the Hubbards, whose name he took.

The Church of Scientology was formally incorporated as an organization in the United States in 1954 and has its world headquarters in Los Angeles, California. From its beginnings, the church has drawn considerable controversy. For many years, the United States government refused to recognize Scientology as an organized religion, which would have given the church tax-exempt status. In 1993, however, the U.S. government granted Scientology tax-exempt status as a religious organization.

.............................................................................................................................................

Tom Cruise On Scientology

We Are The Authorities on...

Have You Met an SP?

This is the way it should be done...  do it...

The Times claimed in 2009 that British diplomats

exposed Hubbard as "a fraud" in the 1970s.[9]

File:MastersOfSleep.jpg

Cover of October, 1950 edition of Fantastic Adventures featuring

"Masters of Sleep" by L. Ron Hubbard

Military Career

In 1941, Hubbard entered the navy and served a public relations role.[46] He was able to skip the initial
officer rank of Ensign and was commissioned a Lieutenant, Junior Grade for service in the Office of Naval
Intelligence.[47] He was unsuccessful there, and after some difficulty with other assignments found
himself in charge of a 173-foot (53 m) submarine chaser.[48]

In May 1943, while taking the USS PC-815 on her shakedown cruise to San Diego, Hubbard attacked what
he believed to be two enemy submarines, ten miles (16 km) off the coast of Oregon. The battle took two
days and involved at least four other US vessels plus two blimps, summoned for reinforcements
and resupply.[49]

Admiral Frank Jack Fletcher, Commander Northwest Sea Frontier concluded after reviewing trip data and
other captains' accounts that there were no submarines in the area at the time.[49] Hubbard and
Tom Moulton, one of the ship's officers, subsequently claimed that the authorities' denials of any Japanese
submarine presence off the Pacific coast had been motivated by a desire to avoid panic among the
U.S. population.[50]

In June 1943, Hubbard was relieved of command after anchoring PC-815 off the Coronado Islands, which is
Mexican territory. There, he conducted unauthorised gunnery practice. An official complaint from Mexican
authorities, coupled with his failure to return to base as ordered, led to a Board of Investigation.

It was determined that Hubbard had disregarded orders, and he was given the punishment of
 a formal warning and was transferred to other duties. Since this was the third leadership position Hubbard
had lost during his tenure, he was not given command authority on his next assignment.[51]

It was later reported that Hubbard had been relieved of command twice, and was the subject of
negative reports from his superiors on several occasions.[52][53] However, he also won some praise,
being described as a "capable and energetic" officer, "if temperamental", an "above-average navigator",
and as possessing "excellent personal and military character".[50]

In 1947, Hubbard wrote to the Veterans Administration requesting psychiatric help.[54]

Early writings and Dianetics

Main article: Dianetics

wikipedia

TIME MAGAZINE

Travoltas Still Seeking Solace in Scientology?

John Travolta, Wife Kelly Preston Reportedly Attend Scientology Event with Tom and Katie

By LUCHINA FISHER
Oct. 21, 2009

Why do Countries allow this to go on?

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2009 at 1:48pm

What Teen GIRLZ Want For Christmas?

Young Teens...

Older teens/college age

Moms...   like....    every Boot imaginable here- (almost)

If you Buy This...  you are so in trouble.

(buy it as a Thanksgiving Gift)

Lunch and  a GEM Show    ...   women adore them.

Find them in Your area :)

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2009 at 12:57am

Senate bill may have public insurance plan

Public health insurance plan gaining favor with senators; White House completing health bill

By David Espo, AP Special Correspondent

On 3:42 am EDT, Friday October 23, 2009

link-
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Senate-bill-may-have-public-apf-1629578793.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2009 at 6:30pm

I found this through a link from... nofluforu          thanks!

When Your Income Drops

The series, When Your Income Drops, includes eight factsheets with more detail about the

steps for maintaining family financial control when your income is reduced. The publications

in this series are:

Control Stress (CFS-704-2-W)

Take Stock of Family Resources (CFS-704-3-W)

Take Stock of Community Resources (CFS-704-4-W)

Set Priorities for Spending (CFS-704-5-W)

Plan to Pay Creditors and Protect Family Welfare (CFS-704-6-W)

Keep a Roof Overhead (CFS-704-7-W)

Meeting Insurance Needs (CFS-704-8-W)

Sharpen Your Survival Skills (CFS-704-9-W)

Find it here...

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2009 at 6:52pm
Royalty-free%20Clip%20Art:%20Laughing%20Man%20With%20A%20Bow%20Tie%20And%20Suspenders
http://www.clipartof.com/gallery/clipart/laughing.html

Health Care Cartoons

Here

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2009 at 11:21pm

Look What Our Congress Clown Did

A Good Read

NPR NEWS

Oct. 23, 2009

Democrats Push To End Insurers' Antitrust Exemption

by David Welna

...It was Congress, after all, that in 1945 overrode a Supreme Court ruling that the

Insurance Industry was indeed part of interstate commerce and thus subject to federal

antitrust laws. Lawmakers (Congress) that year passed the McCarran-Ferguson Act; the

law has ever since shielded insurance firms from federal prosecution for price fixing,

bid rigging and carving out protected markets.

Article/Listen here-

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 11:49am

Nissan Electric Land Glider

Scientific American Videos

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 11:39am

PAKISTAN

The American Taxpayers Have Given
7.5 Billion in Civilian Aid to Pakistan

Paying Pakistan to Embrace The Modern World?
................................................................................
........................................................................................
....................................................................................................

How Many Lives and Billions will we give ... For How Long?

Our men are Dying until Pakistan Decides finally ...  to cut off ties with

Islamic Extremists

.....................................................................................................................................

Neither the Jews nor the Christians would accept him being a prophet,

so he went to the pagans of Mecca. They had 360 gods, one for each day of the year, but their most important god was the god of the moon. That may be why the crescent moon occurs on many Muslim country's flags and on top of their mosques, but the totally moon-based Islamic calendar may also be the reason.

The Bible, in Deuteronomy, states that the penalty for worshiping heavenly bodies is death and the Koran in Fussilat 47 prohibits Muslims from worshiping the moon. Imitating Judaism, he decided to recognize only one god, who Muslims call Allah. Islam, like Judaism, is now a monotheistic religion but Allah is not the same as the God of Judaism and Christianity (where, I might add, most believe in three Gods in One).

It is the same as if you stripped away all the pagan gods of Greece except Zeus. Would Greece then have a monotheistic religion? Yes, but Zeus is still not God Most High.

Many Jews and Christians do not seem to understand that.

Cont. Here-

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 12:04pm

File:Greenspan,%20Alan%20%28Whitehouse%29.jpg

..........................................................................................................................................

Greenspan of OZ?
We lost our jobs, our savings, our homes... 

He        Appeared to    .................     knOW wHAT hE wAS dOING

FREE UNREGULATED ECONOMY 

(90% of Congress Didn't know what a derivitive was.)
............................................................................................

In the end...    CongressClown   agreed with  Greenspan  ...NO regulation

But a woman ..   knew something was up.      ( Shut her UP shut her DOWN )

She Could See the Crisis Building.

THE WARNING

Frontline 

WHO was that woman?

Brooksley Born

Born was appointed a member of the CFTC, on April 15, 1994, by President Bill Clinton. While on the commission and after becoming its chair two years later, Born sought comments on the need to regulate derivatives, specifically swaps that are traded at no central exchange, known as the dark market, and thus have no transparency except to the two counter-parties (no actual regulatory scheme was proposed at the time). Born's team completed a financial analysis which led them to anticipate a serious financial crisis.

The request for comments, called the "Concept Release," stated that the growth of trade in derivatives had prompted the CFTC to re-examine its regulatory scheme.[4]

The request for comments was opposed by

Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan and

Treasury Secretaries Robert Rubin and

Lawrence Summers.[5]

Specifically, on May 7, 1998, former SEC Chairman

Arthur Levitt

joined the other members of the President’s Working Group –-

Treasury Secretary Rubin and

Federal Reserve Board Chairman Greenspan -

in objecting to the issuance of the CFTC's concept release,

in which Born attempted to shed light on the dark market,

citing grave concerns about the possible consequences of the CFTC's action.

In particular, these concerns focused on the risk that such discussion would increase
legal uncertainty concerning swaps and other OTC derivative instruments and, thus,
reduce their value.

They claimed potential turmoil created by the report and concerns about the
imposition of new regulatory costs also might have stifled innovation and pushed
transactions offshore.[6]

An economic and financial crisis affected US and world markets in 2008. As it gained momentum, newspapers began reporting on what might be some of its causes, including the adversarial relationship Greenspan, Rubin and Levitt had with Brooksley Born,[7] with Greenspan leading the opposition, and how Born's recommendations were suppressed.[5]

She is retired from Arnold & Porter and until recently had declined to comment on the unfolding crisis and her efforts to rein in the growing market for derivatives.

"The market grew so enormously, with so little oversight and regulation, that it made the financial crisis much deeper and more pervasive than it otherwise would have been."

The disagreement has been described as a classic Washington turf war.

She now laments the influence of Wall Street lobbyists on the process and

the refusal of regulators

to discuss even modest reforms.[8]

On a 2009 PBS television documentary that detailed her efforts at regulatory reform
and the response they evoked, Born remarked that similar outcomes "will happen
again and again unless we learn from experience."[9]

In 2009 Born was awarded the John F. Kennedy Profiles in Courage Award in recognition of the political courage she demonstrated in sounding early warnings about conditions that contributed to the current global financial crisis. According to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, "...Brooksley Born recognized that the
financial security of all Americans was being put at risk by
the greed, negligence and opposition of powerful and well connected interests...

The catastrophic financial events of recent months have proved them [Born and Sheila Bair] right. Although their warnings were ignored at the time, the American people should be reassured that

there are far-sighted public servants
at all levels of government
who act on principle to protect the people’s interests."[10]

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 2:42pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License

File:Cabbage%20and%20cross%20section%20on%20white.jpg
photo by Fir0002/Flagstaffotos

It's That Time of Year

Orders are now being accepted for holubki and pirohi at St. Michael's

All Things Cabbage

I make a vegetarian version..  green onion, mushrooms, peppers etc mixed with
sweet rice.  I Stuff several big outer leaves... so it looks like a whole cabbage.
you can plate it on a large platter and surround it with new potatoes and veggies.

yum.

Sara visits     >>   St. Mary's Kitchen  at  St. Mary's Church
..................................................................................................

Eastern European Holubki

(secrets of folding cabbage)

(do something else while you wait ...nearly half way through )

Julia Child's Cole Slaw

Anne is from Sweden

Cabbage Kofta Curry

Cabbage Subzi

Cooking Traditional Kosher Dishes : Roll Stuffed Cabbage
..................................................................................

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 7:03pm

Alien From Earth

Hobbits?
Big%20head%20-%20Click%20image%20to%20download.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2009 at 4:40pm

Flu Site For Kids

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2009 at 10:41pm
File:The%20tree%20is%20on%20fire.jpg

Autumn leaves    Photographer: tracy from north brookfield, Massachusetts, usa

Fall Colors in New England

VIDEO

Autumn

nice... might put you to sleep :)    (click little x to remove song title)

Cooperstown, NY

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2009 at 11:07am

This is a depiction of the cambrian period creature Hallicigenia,

based on various descriptions and the fossils themselves.

It is not directly based on any particular artists rendering, and thus is my own work,

although several were referenced to confirm the proper depicition of the creature.

Fossil specimen on display at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC

VIDEO     Hallucigenia

Reconstruction of the famous Cambrian organism, ''Hallucigenia sparsa'', as an onychophoran (C) Stanton F. Fink)
File:Hallucigenia%20sparsa.JPG

Robotic application

FuRo robotics, a Japanese technology company, took inspiration from the Hallucigenia's

unique anatomy in designing their Hallucigenia-I and Halluc-II concept vehicles. Working

prototypes of these vehicles, which have 8 wheels on the end of 8 robotic appendages,

can move in any direction and can climb over uneven terrain.

HallucII : DigInfo

Seniors Riding the Mall in This :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Very Wall'E

Future Toyota Ride!

Flying In Japan

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2009 at 1:14pm

Cat%20-%20Click%20image%20to%20download.

Commuter cat is star of bus route      Star

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2009 at 2:52pm

BRITISH HIT

All Creatures Great And Small
theme ...

All Creatures Great And Small Documentary Part 1

The Fence, P1

Get them at the library... free

or

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 4:19pm
dinner.gif%20-%20%2816K%29

A fun site-

http://www.marthastewart.com

and

Wishbone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 4:27pm
I just found this when I was searching for something completely unrelated:
Shocked

3,400-year-old epidemic still plagues humans today: study

By Tom Spears, Canwest News Service
October 12, 2009

OTTAWA - About 3,400 years ago, a mysterious plague is believed to have spread across Europe, killing vast numbers of people.

No written records of the unknown disease survive today.

But scientists at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute have helped to uncover another piece of evidence in the genes of modern Caucasians.

A small cluster of genes protected part of early Europe's population against a disease that must have been horrific, perhaps on the scale of the Black Death.

But there was a cost: Those genes, still carried by many today, raise the risks of heart disease, diabetes and hypertension.

``Thirty-four hundred years ago I think we can imagine that something cataclysmic happened to humans, probably an infection or a plague that wiped out 90 per cent of people,'' said Alex Stewart, a geneticist and microbiologist at the Heart Institute.

``It could have been almost any viral infection. Could have been reminiscent of Ebola.

``The people that were able to survive and have children, and have the children survive - they had to have something really resistant to the infection. ''

Now, 3,400 years later, the protective genes are still there and they're hard on the heart.

``All of a sudden, what was beneficial then is detrimental now,'' said Stewart.

About half the Caucasian population has at least one copy of this gene cluster and some have two, he said.

Yet people from Asia and Africa have none, leading researchers to believe they weren't exposed to whatever disease hit Europe.

The time around 1400 BC was just before King Tutankhamen ruled Egypt.

Egyptians would have left written records of an epidemic, but Europeans of that time did not.

Stewart joined researchers from 43 other hospitals and universities for the study, published Monday in the journal Nature Genetics.

The study was looking for genes that cause problems involving red and white blood cells, platelets, and hemoglobin levels.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 8:47pm
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 8:49pm

Fisherman_4.gif%20-%20%285K%29

Where is a good price for what men like?

HARBOR FREIGHT

http://www.harborfreight.com

Back in 1968 Harbor Freight Tools set out to make it easier for the working man and woman to get the best value on top-quality tools. Now, over 35 years later, we are the largest tool and equipment catalog retailer with over five million satisfied customers taking advantage of our hassle-free ordering--all backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Over 7,000 Tool and Equipment Items

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 8:51pm

bell_2.gif%20-%20%283K%29

Michael's and AC Moore Often have 40% off one item coupons.
..........................................................................................................

Nice for starting xmas buying early.

Use store locator for coupons in your area.

Dressing your Baby as a Turkey for the Holiday....  Odd but cute....

VIDEO HERE-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-wj6ppCYM8

video

This is a stone cold Extreme Craft classic with Isabele Ortley on the Martha Stewart show. Ortley designed six fetching ... (more)

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 4:50pm

a comedy...

The deaths are the handiwork of Sister Julia, Child of God, a cook who happens to accidently poison a substantial amount of sisters with her cooking.

The tragedy leaves the convent in a pinch to fund the burials. The surviving sisters decide to host a variety show fundraiser to help.

Rue McClanahan in-

Nunsense Part 1

(Catholics really liked it :)

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 5:03pm
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 2:04pm
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 9:26pm

nice viewing here...

Fan Bird Carving and more...

Latest articles

History of the Lathe: part three - mechanical power
History of the Lathe: part two - continuous rotation
History of the Lathe: part one - reciprocal motion
Marquetry and Me
Raymond Harvey makes his (wooden) bed
Bone up on Bobbins : the craft of lace bobbin making
I built an Automaton
Khokhloma Ware: Folk art for the masses
Samuel Rockall: last of the chair bodgers
The International Turning Exchange
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 12:31pm

I think the Duggar Family may be heading toward >>>  19 children.

My very Great Grandmother in VT  ( 1870's etc. )  had 17 or 18... one died young.

The famous Duggars ... see videos below.

(The Duggars Use Naptha Bar Soap)

Make Your Own Liquid Laundry Soap

VIDEOS

There are so many videos... have fun  :) and look at several.

you may want to add a bit of natural scent?   (perhaps when it's all made up, cool)

practical one.. music no talking...

Fun, family type talking, first timer...

Huge Family,  Fun Videos...

17 Kids and Counting: Cheaper By the Duggars
..................................................................................

Mary008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic