Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

NET Treking: Share Your Finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2010 at 8:57am
. File:Shanghai%20at%20night.jpg

The Chinese people are a bit upset with not being able to get inside the Pavilions...

The organizers should have restricted the number of people let in at a time... better to

allow fewer people and keep it open longer.

China's Shanghai Expo

Shanghai gets lit up ahead of Expo festival

itnnews - April 25, 2010 - With a week to go to the opening of the

2010 Shanghai World Expo,

pavilions and the city's river front shine with brilliant light. . Follow us on twitter at

A Flying Gumby Shows Off China's 2010 World Expo
....................................................................................

The World Expo site in Shanghai - official video

Introducing Shanghai Expo 10

Check out these-

EXPO Shanghai Online

Checkout the Various Countrys' Pavillions

Shanghai today

Shanghai at 431 km/h

"The State Department approved all the pieces that go into the USA pavilion. It is non-commercial."

China_World_Expo%20US%20pavilion.jpgAP PhotoThe United United States Pavilion is sponsored in part by Amway at the World Expo in China, which opens today.

Why is The American Pavilion so... Ugly?

( It looks like 2 ships and  an oil tower...... hmm  now we know how CLIVE sees the USA ? )

United States Pavilion

The 60,000 sq. foot (5574 sq. meter) United States pavilion, constructed largely from glass and steel, was designed by Canadian architect Clive Grout.[49]

estimated $61 million ( paid by US Corps )
 The exterior of the pavilion has been criticized as extremely unimaginative, resembling an ordinary office building.    (Well Done Clive! )

• Shanghai World Expo 2010 Pavilion PHOTOS: See The 25 Best

Apr 24, 2010 ... Mairi Beautyman: Britain's 2010 Shanghai Expo Pavilion Is Expensive "Hairy" ... The American pavilion looks like a post office. .... Well said....an embarrassment...not much to be 'proud' of there.....ugly and....yawn. ...
    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../shanghai-world-expo-2010_n_550107.html - Cached
  • U.S. Pavilion at Shanghai World Expo to be completed in early March

Jan 21, 2010 ... Ordinary American people don't know a lot about Shanghai Expo yet ... both the successful experience and the "bad and ugly" stories during ...
    news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/china/2010-01/.../c_13144544.htm - Cached
  • USA Pavilion - Expo 2010 Shanghai

The USA Pavilion's theme at Shanghai Expo 2010 is "Rising to the Challenge." It tells the story of the American spirit of perseverance, innovation, ...
    www.usapavilion2010.com/ - Cached - Similar
  • FACTS - USA Pavilion Shanghai Expo 2010 | World Expo Design

The USA Pavilion at Shanghai Expo 2010 will present a dynamic, emotional story that radiates powerful core values shared by both the Chinese and American ...
    www.usapavilion2010.com/usa_pavilion_2010_facts.htm - Cached - Similar
  • Defending the USA Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo - by Jose ...

Apr 2, 2010 ... I am an American expat living in Shanghai for several years now and I am ..... Is the US pavilion that ugly, that bad and uninspired? ...
    www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/.../defending_the_usa_pavilion - Cached
  • US Pavilion at Shanghai Expo to complete construction in early ...

Feb 1, 2010 ... The construction of the U.S. Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo was ... and the "bad and ugly" stories during the urban construction and ...
    www.whatsonxiamen.com › News2010 World Expo - Cached - Similar
  •  

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2010 at 9:40pm

What is truely frightening?  The Government giving 5 Billion to Big Pharma for one, that's

one illness... H1N1   When we have  3- 4 other Pandemics swirling around.

Bring Back diseases?  yes...  people from India, other countries, could bring

over wild polio.

But there has to be a line drawn... how many is too many?  Fot children under age 2

there has to be something safer.  no mercury, no cow's blood, no LIVE vaccines.

The SCARE with polio... OMG...  how about the monkey (simian)  cancer in the polio vaccine

given to thousands? SV40   People know about it and the TRUST is not there.

Not everyone wants to give 30 plus vaccines to a child under age 5.

The SV40 Cancer Foundation is a lobbying organization devoted to raising the alarm about a potential link between the simian virus SV40 and human cancer.[1][2][3][4]

The SV40 Cancer Foundation was founded by Raphaele and Michael Horwin. The Horwin's son Alexander Horwin was born on June 7, 1996 and was given the oral polio vaccine in November 1997. On August 10, 1998, Alexander was diagnosed with medulloblastoma, a malignant brain cancer, leading to his death on January 31, 1999. The Horwins contend that the polio vaccine their son ingested was contaminated with SV40, leading to his death.[5][6]

The SV40 Cancer Foundation views their mission as raising public awareness of this threat, and lobbying for more research funding for this area. On September 10, 2003, the Horwins were successful in getting Congressman Dan Burton, Chair of the Subcommittee on Human Rights and Wellness, U.S. Government Reform Committee to hold a hearing into SV40 contamination of vaccines.[7]

Even more troubling, the virus has been detected in tumors removed from people never inoculated with the contaminated vaccine, leading some to worry that those infected by the vaccine might be spreading SV40.

The discovery of SV40 in human tumors has generated intense debate within the scientific community, pitting a handful of government health officials, who believe that the virus is harmless, against researchers from Boston to China who now suspect SV40 may be a human carcinogen. At stake are millions of research dollars and potential medical treatments for those afflicted with the cancers SV40 may be causing.

In April, more than 60 scientists met in Chicago to discuss the controversial virus and how it works to defeat certain cells' natural defenses against cancer.

"I believe that SV40 is carcinogenic (in humans)," said Dr. Michele Carbone of Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Ill. "We need to be creating therapies for people who have these cancers, and now we may be able to because we have a target - SV40."

FRONTLINE  The Vaccine War

SV40 is an abbreviation for Simian vacuolating virus 40 or Simian virus 40, a polyomavirus that is found in both monkeys and humans. Like other polyomaviruses, SV40 is a DNA virus that has the potential to cause tumors, but most often persists as a latent infection.

SV40 became a highly controversial subject after it was revealed that millions were exposed to the virus after receiving a contaminated polio vaccine. [1]

Simian virus 40
    Virus classification
    Group: Group I (dsDNA)
    Family: Polyomaviridae
    Genus: Polyomavirus
    Species: Simian virus 40

Author Original uploader was Phoebus87 at en.wikipedia
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Symian_virus.png
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2010 at 10:25pm

I couldn't watch the dancing boys of Afghanistan...  so I'm watching-

FRONTLINE  Obama's Deal

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 12:52pm

Tech Talk

...what not to do on social networks; a tip on using Gmail; and news.

Listen to the Podcast- scroll down to Tech Talk

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 2:02pm

Look what I found...        Didn't we used to call these    "Garage Bands?"

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 4:35pm
     Don't click on any spam links....

It could happen to anyone who trades photos or music?
    ....................................................................................................
    simply browsing sites?

Good Old Phoenix, AZ

A Witch Hunt... ?   "He needed to be taught."    (sounds oddly overzealous )

Hello?  Innocent until proven guilty?

Crimes Committed on Your Computer

..........................................................................................

Hackers corrupted a teenager's computer, and he nearly went to prison.
    00:00 | 01/12/2007

MARY008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 8:40pm

A Sampling of Chinglish

For the last two years, the Shanghai Commission for the Management of Language Use has been trying to clean up English-language signs and menus to rid them of their malapropisms, like these examples.

Photos-

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 8:15am
    .File:Vasant%20Ragini,%20Ragamala,%20Rajput,%201770.jpg

Rajasthan. 1770. Vasant is the raga of spring

The painting depicts Hindu god Krishna dancing with maidens.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 3:59pm

NPR

A Look At National ID Card Programs
    ............................................................................

May 11, 2010

At the heart of the Arizona immigration law is a requirement to show that you're here legally. For the past decade, Washington has been wrestling with a couple of ideas about how to verify that. One was Real ID; another was E-Verify. Robert Siegel talks to Chris Strohm, national security reporter for Congress Daily, to check on where those programs stand now.

Listen here-

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 4:29pm

E-VerifyLogo.gif

...operated by the

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with Social Security Administration.

According to the DHS website, more than 196,000 employers now use E-Verify.

Over 1,400 companies enroll in the program every week.[1]

Senate makes E-Verify a permanent program

On July 8, 2009, the Senate approved by voice vote an amendment to the $42.9 billion FY 2010 Homeland Security Appropriations bill (H.R. 2892) that would permanently reauthorize the federal government’s E-Verify program and require federal contractors and subcontractors to use the program in order to verify that all new hires and existing employees directly performing work under the terms of the contract be authorized to work in the United States. The amendment was introduced by Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Ala). A motion to table the amendment was defeated prior to adoption by a vote of 44 to 53.

READ
    .............    :/

Text of H.R. 2892: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2010
    ...............................................................................................................................

Oct 20, 2009 - Enrolled Bill. This is the final text of the bill or resolution as approved by both the Senate and House. This is the latest version of the bill currently available on GovTrack.

E-Verify Demonstration Video

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=40e5dc777e2c2210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=75bce2e26
    1405110VgnVCM1000004718190a
    RCRD

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 11:03pm

5 Auto Maintenance Procedures You Don't Need

Save your money and skip 'em

Posted: Mar 13, 2010

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2010 at 2:28pm

Married Men and women... making a 'Best Friend' of the opposite sex, especially in the

workplace.          Need to read this.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2010 at 6:15pm
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 12:50pm
    File:New%20Zealand%20towns%20and%20cities%20copy.jpg

NZ

Only $ 3,310.00 per Month

buys you a lovely $839,000.00 attached Villa...  keep saving     : )

or... just pay a visit.

Photos

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/nsw/centralcoastnsw/gosford/
    accommodation/holidayhomes/avoca-beach-villas

Auckland

File:Auckland%20-%20Skyline.jpg
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2010 at 4:59pm

Cute... but it isn't practical for summer wear.

The Uniform Project: How to wear one dress for 365 days

.......................................................................................................................................

By Stephanie Chen, CNN cnnAuthor = "By Stephanie Chen, CNN";
    if(location.hostname.indexOf( 'edition.' ) > -1) {document.write('May 18, 2010 -- Updated 1310 GMT (2110 HKT)');} else {document.write('May 18, 2010 9:10 a.m. EDT');} May 18, 2010 9:10 a.m. EDT

Pakistan's fashionistas: We aren't revolutionaries

By Kiran Khalid, CNN

Mary007
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 4:42pm

ABC Shows

Watch Episodes

scroll down to see them all..

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 8:49am
    .Author User SeanMack, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AmsterdamHouseBoats_2004_SeanMcClean.jpg
    File:AmsterdamHouseBoats%202004%20SeanMcClean.jpg

Amsterdam HouseBoat     2004 , Sean McClean

Have you ever wanted to rent a HouseBoat?

Rentals in the USA

HouseBoat Rentals in - IRELAND

or Boathouse-

HouseBoat Rentals in -   KERALA INDIA

A Kerala House boat shot in Kumarakom, Kerala, India

File:House%20boat.JPG
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2010 at 8:15pm

He's so funny  : )

Trying to Stay Healthy

CBS -May 23, 2010 - Andy Rooney tries to compromise with the many
    contradictions between what doctors recommend and certain health studies may find.

VIDEO

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 8:53am

Art Linkletter Dies at 97

Art Linkletter, a fixture on CBS radio and television for a quarter century,

died at the age of 97. Jim Axelrod remembers the legend of broadcasting.

VIDEO

Art Linkletter - Archive Interview Part 1 of 6
    ................................................................................

Interviewer sounds like a Novice...

What's my Line?   Art Linkletter   ( Ronnie Reagan too )

Art Linkletter

File:ArtLinkletter.PNG

Early life and career

Linkletter was born Gordon Arthur Kelly in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. In his autobiography, Confessions of a Happy Man (1960), he revealed that he had had no contact with his natural parents or his sister or two brothers since he was abandoned when only a few weeks old. He was adopted by Mary (née Metzler) and Fulton John Linkletter,[1][2] an evangelical preacher. When age 5 his family moved to San Diego, where he graduated from high school at age 16. During the early years of the Great Depression, he rode trains around the country doing odd jobs and meeting a wide variety of people.[3] In 1934, he earned a bachelor's degree from San Diego State Teacher College (now San Diego State University) (SDSU), where he was a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. While he attended San Diego State, he played for the basketball team, and swam for the swim team. He had previously planned to attend Springfield College, but did not for financial reasons.

In his junior year as he earned a degree in teaching, he took a job as a radio announcer at KGB in San Diego. Radio paid better than teaching, and Linkletter directed radio programs for fairs and expositions in the mid-1930s. In the 1940s, Linkletter worked in Hollywood with John Guedel on their pioneering radio show, People Are Funny, which employed audience participation, contests, and gags and served as a prototype of future game shows on radio and television.[3] People Are Funny became a television show in 1954 and ran until 1961.[4]

Other early television shows Linkletter worked on included Life With Linkletter (1950-1952) and Hollywood Talent Scouts (1965-1966). He also acted in two movies, People Are Funny (1946) and Champagne for Caesar (1950).

In 1963, Linkletter became the endorser and spokesman for Milton Bradley's Game of Life. His picture appeared on the box with the statement "I Heartily Endorse This Game", and also on the $100,000 bills featured in the game.

Linkletter was a shrewd businessman and made considerable wealth from a variety of investments. This financial success led to considerable philanthropy.

[edit] Later years

In 2005, at the age of 93, he opened the Happiest Homecoming on Earth celebrations for the fiftieth anniversary of Disneyland. Half a century earlier, he commentated on the opening day celebrations in 1955. For this, he was named a Disney Legend.

Linkletter on The Jack Benny ShowLinkletter was once a spokesman for National Home Life, an insurance company. A Republican, he became a political organizer and a spokesman for the United Seniors Association, now known as USA Next, an alternative to the AARP. He was also a member of Pepperdine University's Board of Regents. He received a lifetime achievement Daytime Emmy award in 2003. Also, he was recently a member of the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation (the council ended in November 2008).

Linkletter received honorary degrees from a number of universities, including Pepperdine University and the University of Prince Edward Island. He served for many years as a trustee at Springfield College and donated money to build the swim center named in his honor.

In early 2008, Linkletter suffered a mild stroke.

Art Linkletter died on May 26, 2010 at his home in Bel Air, California.[5][6][3][4] He will be buried in Forest Lawn-Hollywood Hills Cemetery.[7]

[edit] Personal life

Linkletter had one of the longest marriages of any celebrity in America, at over 74 years. He married Lois Foerster on November 25, 1935, and they had five children: Arthur Jack (known as Jack Linkletter, a TV host), Dawn, Robert, Sharon, and Diane. He was also a good friend of Walt Disney.

Linkletter outlived three of his five children. His 20-year-old daughter, Diane Linkletter, died on October 4, 1969, by jumping out of her sixth-floor kitchen window.[1][8] Linkletter claimed that she committed suicide because she was on, or having a flashback from, an LSD trip, but toxicology tests done after the incident detected no signs of LSD use, and it is quite likely that the drug played no part in her suicide.[9] Linkletter spoke out against drugs to prevent children from straying into a drug habit. His record, We Love You, Call Collect, recorded before her death, featured a discussion about permissiveness in modern society. It featured a rebuttal by Diane, called Dear Mom and Dad. The record won a 1970 Grammy Award for the "Best Spoken Word Recording".

His son Robert died in an automobile accident on September 12, 1980.[10]

His son Arthur Jack Linkletter, (1937–2007), died from lymphoma.[11]

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2010 at 9:19pm

Intertwined Love Story: Twins Who Married Twins

May 28, 2010

Listen here-

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 1:53pm

USA TODAY

Beat crooks     with a home surveillance system

(2/11/2010 8:31 PM')); 2/11/2010 8:31 PM

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 10:28am

Speaking of reminiscences...

My parents quite like this magazine-

and... we all collect old records.  My fav are the old Readers Digest series.  I can get them in practically unused condition.  Fun to play records in the winter or for a party.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 11:19am
    .Author Claus Ableiter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pizza_im_Pizzaofen_von_Maurizio.jpg
    File:Pizza%20im%20Pizzaofen%20von%20Maurizio.jpg

Make Your Own Oven Videos

Wildwood Ovens and BBQ’s for helping to sponsor wwoodfiredpizza.org/ooThey offer a diverse selection of precast ovens and Brazilian barbecues at affordable prices. They also feature an online cooking series and an interesting recipe blog.

The WildWood Test Kitchen

Lots of... VIDEOs

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2010 at 2:06pm

I remember, I was writing to my husband who was out at sea.
    I wrote about once a week.   Our almost 2 yr old was having
    a time getting my     full attention .

Several min. later, I found a Huggies Diaper murdered in the kitchen... 

After that I wrote only at night.  

( I still think Kate Plus Eight should have called in Super Nanny. )

Stop texting, Dad! I'm talking to you
    Researchers fret about the risks of parenting while plugged in
    .............................................................................................................
    By Julie Scelfo
    The New York Times

updated 1:23 p.m. ET, Thurs., June 10, 2010

Watch Super Nanny

Watch Supernanny TV Full Episodes Free
    Full Episodes Latest Seasons ... potty training and other challenges
    that have vexed parents around the world for centuries. ...
    watching TV

and texting friends expects her mother to raise her children. ...

Supernanny: Hallenbeck Family | Reality TV Magazine
    Jan 15, 2010 ... Upon arriving in Mesa, Supernanny Jo Frost
    meets the Hallenbeck family which ... Supernanny takes her to
    a homeless shelter to see many single women live there with their
    children because they don't have parents to support them. ...

Kristin pulls out her cell phone and is texting away on it. ...

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 5:04pm
    File:BlueMountainBeach.JPG

SAVE YOUR BEACH

OIL BOOMS

New Pig will continue to provide an uninterrupted supply of absorbent booms, mat and other products to our long-standing customers. We have also redirected resources and mobilized internally to build additional products to help save the Gulf. In just days, we developed a new absorbent boom to lessen the impact of the spill disaster: the PIG® Gulf Spill Oil Boom. Made from component materials that are readily available, our new Oil Boom addresses the specific conditions of the Gulf spill and features an exclusive UV-resistant coating to ensure that it will do its job without failing. In order to have a sufficient supply and keep pace with demand during the continuing cleanup operation, we've ramped up manufacturing for the duration.

The PIG® Gulf Spill Oil Boom is ready now. But more importantly, it will be available in ample supply for as long as necessary. To order, or to find out more about our new Gulf Boom, call us at 1-800-HOT-HOGS® (468-4647).

For orders, service and tech support, call:

1-800-HOT-HOGS® (468-4647)
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 10:27pm

Islam in Europe - When Muslims Ruled in Europe Part 1/11

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2010 at 10:32pm

The Wizarding World of     Harry Potter Theme Park Map

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 6:20pm

Interesting Video...       :O

'Revolutionary' CO2 maps  zoom in on greenhouse gas sources

Video

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 7:51am

Tumbleweed >>>   Tiny House Company

is a Sebastopol, California architecture and construction business owned by Jay Shafer,

who designs and builds very small houses between 50 and 750 square feet (5 and 70 m2)

in area.

Shafer named his company after the first tiny house he built for himself in 1997. Jay helped

establish the Small House Society[1] in 2002. In 2003, he was commissioned by Gregory

Paul Johnson[2] to build The Mobile Hermitage[3], which became one of Jay's first

commercially sold homes.

Shafer builds his smaller designs himself and ships them by truck to consumers.

Many of these smaller designs are mobile homes with built-in wheels. For his larger

designs, Shafer sells floor plans for on-site construction.

Tumbleweed Tiny House Company's photostream

PHOTOS-

NPR

Do-It-Yourself Downsize: How To Build A Tiny House

by Jon Kalish

Listen here-

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 11:12am

Makes me want to go right out and build that Tiny House...

Property Values

What You Get for ... $400,000

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:00pm

Scientology's defunct Happy Valley  (illegal detention )
    ...................................................................................

It's too easy to Start a New Religion

"Your family isn't the most important thing."

Nightline: Jenna Miscavige on Scientology 4/24/08 : 1 of 2
    ........................................................................................................................................

Jenna Miscavige Nightline Interview Part 2 of 2

VIDEO

The Soul Catchers
    ( How Scientology Destroys People's Lives.)

April 10, 2010 by XENU TV  

VIDEO-

Scientology Child Labor Exposed PART 1 of 2 (Vimeo mirror)

Thinking of the children this "Church" harms...

Boycott These Scientology Celebrities

Jason Beghe is OUT of the CULT!!!
    What wonderful news! Go to Xenutv for Mark Bunker's interview with Jason!

............................................................................................................

Nine part/  Until Nothing Remains

(German: Bis nichts mehr bleibt)

is a German fictional film depicting a story about Scientology
    and its effects upon converts. In the film, a young couple are
    brought into Scientology by means of manipulation. "Eventually,
    the husband decides to leave the group, losing not only his wife in
    the process, but also his young child and a big portion of his family's
    inheritance, which his wife has donated to the church."[1] The film
    is reportedly based on the real-life experiences of a German man
    named Heiner von Ronn.

wikipedia

Church of Scientology": German head office in Berlin
    File:Berlin%20Scientology%20Church.jpg

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:32pm

Scientology Cont.....

Did you see the VIDEO where Mitt Romney mentioned L. Ron Hubbards' Book?

OMG

The Guy wants to be President  :O

Mormons believe they will rule over their own planets...

and Scientology is even more...      UNUSUAL

The Xenu leaflet

tells in some detail the story the big secret that is in the OT III level.

It tells of the alien galactic ruler Xenu who was in charge of Earth and 75 other planets in this part of the galaxy some 75 million years ago and how he cured overpopulation by paralysing the people of the other planets, flying them to Earth in DC-8 space planes, arranging them round a volcano to murder them with H bombs.

Not done with that these souls of these murdered people were gathered up and boxed, taken to cinemas and shown films for several days. The end result being that the souls clustered together and now inhabit people in their thousands. And of course they must be removed at huge expense.

The Xenu story, when read in detail, betrays the total stupidity of the Scientology

religion and reveals it for the fraud that it is. In towns where the cult of Scientology is hoping to create a stronghold, the Xenu leaflet totally destroys any credibility the cult may have acquired. If enough of the Xenu leaflets can be put into distribution then the townsfolk will realise that they have an insane and criminal organisation within their midst.

They will in turn copy the leaflet and give it to others and within six months or so the cult will be starved of new recruits and people buying services from them. The Xenu leaflet reveals the truth and Scientology cannot exist in the presence of the truth. The Xenu leaflet exposes Scientology for what it is and hence destroys it.

The leaflet has another purpose too in inoculating a person against any future threat of the cult. Once a person has read that they are virtually immune to the Scientology cult for the rest of their lives. Nobody in their right mind would join the cult if they knew the contents of the Xenu leaflet.

Links to the Xenu leaflet are to be found here in a variety of languages so that wherever the cult may be the Xenu leaflet can effectively flush them out.

Get copies in many languages...

And many of these celebrities are believed to be Scientologists....

a few have escaped since...

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:43pm

Scientology cont....

In case you are DYING to know what OT III level is....

Warning, Scientology Jargon Ahead.

Wikipedia: Operating Thetan

In Scientology, the state of Operating Thetan is a spiritual state

above Clear.

L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology, defined it as

"knowing and willing cause over life, thought, matter, energy,

space and time." [1]

Scientologists believe that one who has achieved the state of

Operating Thetan is essentially a being able to operate free of the

encumbrances of the material universe. This state is represented

by a symbol consisting of the letters OT with the T inside the O

and each of the points of the T ending at the O's circumference.

The Fishman Affidavit contains much text from the old versions of

the Operating Thetan levels. After having removed one's own

reactive mind, one then goes on to remove the reactive minds of

one's Body Thetans through Dianetic auditing.

.After having removed one's own reactive mind and thus attaining the state of Clear,

one may then go on to the levels above OT III which were later replaced by New Era

Dianetics for OTs. L. Ron Hubbard wrote on September 15, 1978: "There is a special

handling for OTs who have been run on Dianetics since Clear. It is called 'NED for OTs'."[5]

In March 2008, Church of Scientology's Operating Thetan documents were leaked

on Wikileaks.[6] The Church of Scientology claimed their hosting is a copyright

violation implying that the collection (or some part of it) is (or was at some point) Church doctrine.[7]

Criticism

It is alleged that people are encouraged to complete very expensive courses and

expect wonderful results; when the improvements fail to happen they are told the

next course will bring the changes they anticipate. Members continue paying out

steadily more for courses, and some even put their families into debt while chasing

the elusive life-changing results. [

[edit all ]

Levels

OT I

"This Solo-audited level is the first step a Clear takes toward full OT abilities, and that

first step is a fresh causative OT viewpoint of the MEST universe and other

beings."[9]

OT II

"By confronting hidden areas of one's existence on the whole track, vast amounts of

energy and attention are released. Those on this Solo-audited level experience a

resurgence of self-determinism and native ability. OT II unlocks the aberrative factors

on the whole track that have allowed the thetan to lose his innate freedom and ability

and one achieves the ability to confront the whole track."[9]

OT III: The Wall of Fire

Main article: Xenu

"This Solo-audited level goes through what is called the "Wall of Fire" that surrounds a

previously impenetrable whole track mystery. What prevents a being from being

himself? This level answers that question. Once complete, a being is free of the whole

track overwhelm that has trapped him. Here he confronts and eradicates the fourth

dynamic engram that has plagued this universe for millennia."[9]

According to Church dogma, OT III is a dangerous process
    .............................................................................................

and can lead to pneumonia, lack of sleep or even death if not run correctly.
    In Church of Scientology of California v. Kaufman, it was noted that the defendant
    had been required to sign a waiver to the effect that "the Scientology Organization,
    its branches and members, and L. Ron Hubbard are not responsible for anything that
    might happen to my body or mind on OT III".[10]

OT IV: OT Drug Rundown

"This level handles the hidden problems and stops in a being's universe caused by the

effects of drugs and poisons on the whole track. This is the final polish that rids one

of any last vestige of the effects of drugs on the spirit. Ministered at Advanced

Organizations or Flag. Approximately 12 1/2 to 25 hours."[9]

OT V: New Era Dianetics for OTs

"The Second Wall of Fire consists of 26 separate rundowns and has been described as

dealing with "living lightning, the very stuff of life itself." This level addresses the last

aspects of one's case that can prevent him from achieving total freedom on all

dynamics. An audited level ministered at Advanced Organizations or Flag.

Approximately 50 hours."[9]

OT VI: Hubbard Solo New Era Dianetics for OTs (Solo NOTs) Auditing Course

"The training one receives before starting to solo audit on New OT VII is so powerful

that it actually constitutes an entire OT level. On Solo NOTs one is dealing with

complexities intended to crush one's true power and abilities as a thetan. Solo NOTs

auditors acquire a wide range of auditing skills to handle the vast phenomena that can

occur on OT VIII. Approximately 3-4 weeks with the new Solo Auditor Course

done."[9]

OT VII: Hubbard Solo New Era Dianetics for OTs Auditing

"On New OT VII one solo audits at home daily. This is a lengthy level, requiring a

considerable amount of time to complete. It is the final pre-OT level, and culminates

in attainment of the state of CAUSE OVER LIFE."[9]

OT VIII: Truth Revealed
    Main article: OT VIII

"This Solo-audited level addresses the primary cause of amnesia on the whole track

and lets one see the truth of his own existence. This is the first actual OT level and

brings about a resurgence of power and native abilities for the being himself. This may

be done at the Flag Ship Service Organization only."

Unreleased levels

OT IX: Orders of Magnitude

OT X: Character

OT XI: Operating

OT XII: Future

OT XIII: New Section XIII OT

OT XIV: New Section XIV OT

OT XV: New Section XV OT

At some point one is to eventually reach the state of Cleared Theta Clear, a spiritual state which Hubbard describes this way:

"A thetan who is completely rehabilitated and can do everything a thetan should do, such as move MEST and control others from a distance, or create his own universe." [11]

In the OT Summit 2007, David Miscavige made mention of OT 56[12]. Whether this was a joke or not is unclear.

wikipedia

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:50pm

More on Mitt Romney...    ( The promise of- Lord of his own planet/ Mormonisim )

• Romney Favors Hubbard Novel - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

Apr 30, 2007 ... There apparently is no posture, no pose, he will not assume to get the upper hand. ... Mitt Romney told nightline that his favorite novel was Huckleberry Finn. ... Mr. Romney's citation of this or any other L. Ron Hubbard book as his ... I feel like people who never read the book will judge it ...
    thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/.../romney-favors-hubbard-novel/ - Cached - Similar
  • What we can learn from Romney's favorite book. - By John Dickerson ...

May 2, 2007 ... Recently, GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney was asked to name his favorite books. ... His favorite novel is Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard, ... Earth: "What in the name of diseased crap are you reading?" ...
    www.slate.com/id/2165373 - Cached

What Mitt Carefully (and Wisely) Avoided Telling Everyone about Mormonism:

,Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:05pm

Shrinking Thetans? ...   Can be fixed for $20,000.00

(endless shell game... )   It costs abt. $100.000.00 just to read Ron's Sci Fi Story about the WarLord Xenu  

( it sounds nuts but they suck people in with wild promises)

OT 7....    Scientologists for 20 yrs...
    .... about the wild promises and all the money they spent...

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:54pm
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 11:06pm
     File:2125%20S%20Street%20NW.JPG

From 1964 to 1995, the Founding Church of Scientology in Washington, D.C..

The building was raided by the FBI in July 1977.

You thought it couldn't get any crazier....  well these Scientologists are trying to protect

a mountain of money and their tax exempt "church" of a Goose laying golden eggs.

Operation Snow White

.Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology's name for a conspiracy during the

1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard.

This project included a series of infiltrations and thefts from 136 government agencies,

foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology,

carried out by Church members, in more than 30 countries;[1] the single largest

infiltration of the United States government in history[2] with up to 5,000 covert

agents.[3]

This was also the operation that exposed 'Operation Freakout', because this was the case

that brought the US government into investigation of the Church.[3]

Under this program, Scientology operatives committed infiltration, wiretapping, and theft of

documents in government offices, most notably those of the U.S. Internal Revenue

Service. Eleven highly-placed Church executives, including Mary Sue Hubbard (wife of

founder L. Ron Hubbard and second-in-command of the organization), pleaded guilty or

were convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government

offices, and theft of documents and government property. The case was United

States vs. Mary Sue Hubbard et al., 493 F. Supp. 209 (D.D.C.

continued here-

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 7:03pm

Not a bad idea....

Giving  thought to a local Credit Union In Your Area?
    .............................................................................................
    ...........................................................................................................

MOVE Your Money

Increasingly, more people than ever before are saying goodbye to their big banks and switching to local financial institutions with fewer fees and friendlier service. Thanks in part to movements like ours, consumers realize that they have a plethora of different places to keep their money and starting to examine their options.  cont...

Remember.. Your Local Credit Union

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 8:44pm

House Tour (expensive ) in New York

5 Head-Turning Properties to Buck the Real Estate Slump

Jul 02, 2010 01:00pm EDT by Peter Gorenstein in Housing

VIDEO

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 8:34pm

Geri Halliwell in holiday bust-up with Henry Beckwith after she clocks him ogling woman

By Chris Johnson
    Last

PHOTOS....

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 9:45pm

Royals

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 6:30pm

Federal Reserve and IRS = private corporations!

video

No Joke...

Thursday, October 14, 2004

ID chip for humans wins approval by FDA
    By Rob Stein
    The Washington Post

WASHINGTON - A microchip that can be implanted under the skin to give doctors
    instant access to a patient's records won government approval yesterday, a step
    that could revolutionize medical care but is raising alarm among privacy advocates.

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 4:54am

NPR

Western Swing Gets Texas Town Scootin' Again

................................................................................................................

Listen Here-

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 7:05am

www.flickr.com/.../wang_qian_021386/3285292106/

Ruifuxiang%20Silk-Since%201862%20by%20囧-WQ-囧.

Ruifuxiang Silk-Since 1862

Ruifuxiang Silk Fabric Store, set up in the nineteenth year of the reign of Emperor Guangxu,

is the most famous one of the Eight Old Firms engaged in trade of silk fabric in Beijing.

Ruifuxiang, Silk

Housed in a historic building on Dashilar, this is one of the best places in town to browse

for silk. There’s an incredible selection of Shandong silk, brocade and satin-silk. It also has

an outlet in the Sanlitun Yashou Clothing Market and at 190 Wangfujing Dajie.

The first flag of People's Republic of China raised in Beijing's Tiananmen Square on 1

October 1949 was made from Ruifuxiang silk[1].

The business concept and management philosophy of the Ruifuxiang stores have been

cited as a source of inspiration that Sam Walton used in the establishment of Wal-Mart[3].

wikipedia

MAO Would Faint...   no blue jackets here

Shopping in Beijing - a short guide for visitors 在北京购物

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPeXpGrO8wE&feature=related

my favorite...     enjoy all the pearl videos to the right...

Visit a Pearl Factory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAwsNvIRof8&feature=related

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 9:34pm

The Wall Street Journal

Touring the (Almost) Largest Home in America
    ...................................................................................

by Robert Frank
    Monday, July 19, 2010

Mary008
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
      Share Topic