Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Medclinician goes public-workingwithinfrastructure
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Medclinician goes public-workingwithinfrastructure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medclinician goes public-workingwithinfrastructure
    Posted: October 12 2008 at 9:32am
I received a call last night by a psychologist who told me that I am to meet with people with the .gov for a disaster debriefing and to be informed further of what is in place and plan for action in a Pandemic.  I am no one important. A humble RN and on call for disaster response.  Yet I am meeting with someone who wrote the disaster plan for an entire large state.

We were on CBS affiliate news, Channel 6,  and will be on again soon. And there is a grassroots movement to coordinate what I am trying to do, and the people I am meeting with, with what .gov has in place. I am to be disaster debriefed. And now I am sad what I have said about the white trucks with red crosses. I don't know if what I said helped or not, but they want to meet with me and teach us, (I am an RN and medclinician) to triage in advance with hundreds of families in a drill, and then in turn assign them to appropriate government support facilities which will be functional in the Pandemic that is coming.

Others put up their photos and names with little hesitation, but I never wanted to be high profile or vulnerable. One risks their lives in doing so and it is not small thing. The head of this website has written me and also posted I may put up my link. Since I just put up the Intro chapter to Pandemic Now Survivors Guide and the book will finally be downloadable in less than 3 weeks again, I thank him for that, and we have been in contact for years. He knows who I am and I have trusted him more than any other site person with my identity.

This site, Albert, has become an exceptional place and you are to be commended for your work in founding and keeping it going. As you said Albert, we all have our bad days, and sometimes we make mistakes and people get angry, and people get really angry.  We need to set aside the past, and as I am coming to know, the epidemics are with us now. The mutations, the danger, and on top of economy, terrorism, and Iran, we must integrate with .gov and work together to get ready for the Pandemics. There is no other option if we are to survive.  This website I am posting will never be a talk site. It is a read site. There are two books - one non-fiction and the other fiction. The focus is on the non-fiction. It will be 500 pages and available for near nothing download at lulu.com in 3 weeks.

I am putting myself out there. This is a make or break. I either complete and have it for you, or I am a failure. I have 5 people help me officially and many others.

http://****** -  okay well the link does not appear to be displaying. I am searchable on Google.  I won't make an effort to repost the link. Albert if you want it posted - you can edit this post.

I have posted a link back to this site.

As to the growing reaching out from the health community to me, it was a surprise. And this concept, this movement of your involvement, you input, your ideas,  will spread through the cities of our state, and eventually connect to federal and the whole United States. I am trying to bring the voice of the people, not my voice alone, to the powers that be. I am working with top psychologists to predict the future behavior based past disasters and how to deal with that when it happens. No one in .gov has any doubt a Pandemic coming. Dr. Julie Gerberding at CDC I have a growing respect for. As I talk to CDC and NOSHA and 'the mask designers' it is clear that this book is important.  The coming Pandemics is the 4th rail of politics. Most will not go near it. But behind the scenes they are trying to deal with and provide us support.

So much so, that now I have a team of 5 people working with me, and that team is growing by the day, to get the book  finished. Some civilians, but doctors, PHDs in many fields, especially psychology. 

We must predict people's reaction to the Pandemic. And we must get our communities ready. I will be filing the final papers for the establishment of  the Medclinician Foundation.  If you want to help us, we could use the help. We are trying to develop the masks; we even have contacts with virologists working on a vaccine which could be given before the Pandemic. 

Understand, I do not take my part in this as if I am anything special or do I have a personal profit  agenda. The book needs to get out there. The survival packs for you and your families need to go up on line. The clock is ticking and sometimes I feel like there are these warlords of the blog world each with their own turf, users, and philosophy. 

We are running out of time to philosophize. I was told by the psychologist, John, it is time to go beyond words and posts and the Internet. So we met with people, and I find the .gov is looking for solutions. Trying with what resources they have to get ready. They want to survive as well. You must become a face, a real person, a credible voice in the Avian community.  Pray for me, and us. I pray for you all daily and care with the most sincere and Christian love for you and your families. We want to save lives.

It is important that I (with help) get the book, the packs, and the masks out there. If we can reach other states and cities and set up programs to dovetail government with civilians so that we don't wind up with city states and we can preserve our country through the terrible Pandemics and plagues which are drawing closer, as in the background enemy governments wait to knock us down and destroy America. They will not prevail. Democracy, in its purest form will be reborn and spread through the world. It will take years, but we will rebuild the United States of America, rekindle the economy, and survive these challenges, and we will make it again, the most powerful, the most united, and the greatest nation on earth.  Perhaps that is not so popular with many other nations. But at my heart and soul, I am a true patriot and love the United States of America.

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 1:27pm
hi Med...best of luck...did you reg and get an isbn #?
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 4:56pm
All I can say is WOW.  All along I told my family of you.  And that I thought you was somebody important.  This only confirms that.  Best of Luck Med. 

Prepgirl
PrepGirl
reality check View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by PrepGirl PrepGirl wrote:

All I can say is WOW.  All along I told my family of you.  And that I thought you was somebody important.  This only confirms that.  Best of Luck Med. 

Prepgirl

What confirms what?....Med wrote a book on pandemic and it's for SALE!  Hey A....how come you xxxx  the Med Website...Inquiring minds want to know..LOLLOLRC  
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 5:21pm
I just feel he someone important thats all .  Or at least really educated in the medical field and pandemics.  We each have the right to our opinion.  It is a free world still.
After reading what he wrote it sounds important to me.  But who am I to say that I am just a housewife in the same boat the world is in just trying to figure this whole pandemic thing out.

His work confirms that he seems important to me.  I could be wrong.
PrepGirl
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 5:44pm

I just feel he someone important thats all .  Or at least really educated in the medical field and pandemics.  We each have the right to our opinion.  It is a free world still.
After reading what he wrote it sounds important to me.  But who am I to say that I am just a housewife in the same boat the world is in just trying to figure this whole pandemic thing out.

His work confirms that he seems important to me.  I could be wrong.

No disrespect to you Prepgirl....RC
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Mary08 Mary08 wrote:

The publisher will do that. It will go in paperback as well. We wanted to do Bantam but the delay time is a year and at worst - lulu.com would do the paperbacks - and may if the other publisher is too slow.. He will take 6 weeks and that is very fast to get a book out.

I am going to do something very unusual... since there is a well.. whatever in linking to the site... I will post some here.

Perhaps it will make this more real for all of you. Kinda big posts I don't know if this can handle it. But enjoy. I have been working very hard. Okay let's see if this will work.

Pandemic Now

Survivor's Guide 

Surviving the coming Pandemic 

2008 -2012 A.D.

by Medclinician

"not if, but when" c. Medclinician 2006-2012

Dedicated to my son Skye and his mother Bluebird

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world"

Woman, how divine your mission 
                                                                             Here upon our natal sod! 
                                                                             Keep, oh, keep the young heart open 
                                                                             Always to the breath of God! 
                                                                             All true trophies of the ages 
                                                                             Are from mother-love impearled; 
                                                                             For the hand that rocks the cradle
                                                                             Is the hand that rules the world.

William Ross Wallace 1865

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 9:14pm

PANDEMIC NOW – SURVIVOR’S GUIDE

OUTLINE

c. 2005-2008

By Medclinician 4/9/07

Title Page
Introduction – Where we are Now
Quotes
Table of Contents
Survivor’s Notes – How to use this book?  Information versus practical data.
The Lion Does not Sleep Tonight – Ebola – The village

PART I – PAST AND PRESENT

1)      Disease in Ancient Times
2)      Disease in the First Millennium
3)      Before we knew there were germs
4)      The Discovery of Bacteria
5)      Creation of the Superbug
6)      DNA – the Pattern of Life
7)      From Bacteria to Virus
8)      From Epidemic to Pandemic
9)      Pandemics Now – 3 Existing Pandemics
10)   Evolution of Viruses Immune to All Drugs
11)   Our Failing Medical System
12)   When the Infrastructure heads for the shelters

PART II. PANDEMIC NOW - THE PROBLEM

13)  The Denial – First Stage of Terminal Disease 0%
14)  Comfort Zone – Where the Plans Work CFR 2%
15)  When the Infrastructure Begins to Fail CFR 5%
16)  Pandemic Now – WHO Alert 6 CFR 30-60%
17)  BITS – Bodies in the Streets
18)  The Black Rabbit CFR 100%

PART III  SURVIVOR’S GUIDE

19)  Research Versus Active Prepping
20)  What is Prepping?
21)  Are Preppers Mentally Challenged.
22)  Where to Look for Data – The Internet
23)  Prepping Yourself
24)  Getting Things Together
25)  Water – The Essence of Life and Cleansing
26)  Food and Clothing Storage
27)  Medicine and First Aide Supplies
28)  Sanitation
29)  Self Family and Community
30)  Communication

PART IV  WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT

31)  When the Lights Go Out
32)   Living Without Electricity
33)  Water, Water Everywhere
34)  Storing, Finding, and Sharing Food
35)  No Doctor on Duty
36)  Government Offices Closed
37)  Is There Anyone Out There
38)  Hungry People With Guns
39)  Message in a Bottle

PART V  THE LONG WAIT - SIP

40)  Survivors
41)  Rise of the City State
42)  Providing for the Common Defense

43)  Temporary Government, Routine, and Trade
44)  Day by Day – SIP – Sitting in Place
45)  Dearly Departed – The Dead
46)  The Phoenix – Rebirth Within
47)  When and If Help Does Not Arrive

PART VI  DELIVERANCE

48)  Infrastructure, Soldiers, Quarantine
49)  The 2% to 5% Bump in the Road
50)   Restoring Federal Order from City and State Rule
51)   Aftermath
52)   Healing and Rebuilding

PART VII WOMEN'S VIEWPOINT-CHILDREN AND FEMALE ISSUES
(by BlueBird)

53)   Infants and Toddlers
54)   Older Children
55)   Women's Issues

PART VIII  QUOTES and COMMENTS

53)   Conclusion
54)   Quotes from Experts and Others
55)  The Greatest Fear-Fear Itself
56)  Not If, but When – Medclinician Epilogue

REFERENCES

Appendix A - References and Footnotes by Section
Appendix B - Dictionary – Definition of Medical and Other Terms
Appendix C - Disease Intensive Information
Appendix D - Genetic Intensive Information      
Appendix E - Credits to Contributors, Posters, and Others
Appendix F – First Aide Primer – Bare Bones
Appendix G – Pandemic Personal Planner and Notes

comment: cool.. it worked.. well now here's a taste

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 9:19pm

INTRODUCTION

>> PANDEMIC SURVIVOR’S GUIDE <<

H.G. Wells was a rather famous science fiction writer and wrote such memorable titles as War of the Worlds, The Invisible Man, and The Time Machine. In a closing scene, in the movie version of the Time Machine, after telling of his incredible adventures in the future, he returns to his machine deciding to voyage one last time into the future. Filby, his life long friend returns, but in one movie version you see the flicker of lights and hum of the device, and his friend is gone. . The housekeeper, Mrs. Watchett notes that he took three books with him. Filby asks her which books she thought he might have taken. Perhaps as you journey into the future of a coming Pandemic, this book will be one you choose to take with you.

The network, the media, and even some bookstores have volumes of information on preparing for the coming Pandemic. Actually there may be three waves, or Pandemics. And in the midst of these may be war and economic chaos. In addition to the primary strain which may sweep like a fire across a hot dry fired [citation-Suzanne Vega]  It is  likely to be accompanied by multiple serious disease epidemics such as Cholera, Typhoid, and other opportunistic infections that thrive when there is poor sanitation and a lot of unburied bodies.

This book was not written to be read cover to cover as a novel, although it can be.  For one, there is nothing in it that is fiction. The closest things to fiction are extrapolations of events and the reactions to those events by the behavior of the world population in response to a pandemic.  It is divided into sections which can be read in whatever order you wish , depending what you may find interesting or useful.

The book begins with history, background and medical and disease information. Some may choose to skip this section entirely. One might find yourself petty bored sitting in place, waiting for the sequence of events to play themselves out. One might be curious how it all came to be. Over thousands of years, a Pandemic  which could threaten the existence of the human race. 

Many will die while some will survive the First Wave of infection.  Sixty percent or more is the actual number given by WHO as the official fatality rate for those who catch Avian Flu. Since we have seen it above 80% in Indonesia, there is chilling possibility it may prove far more deadly than the Plague or Black Death of the middle ages where only about 1/3 of the population died.

Some of those who make it through will be the survival of the fittest. They will have natural immunity, or catch it, fight it off, and develop immunity. As per the numbers given above, the odds are not in our favor. And since we really don’t have an effective vaccine, and even if we did, we do not even have it in the quantities to protect our infrastructure (those who run and protect our country) it is a moot point. If we had the formula the day the outbreak started in mostly likely China, India, Indonesia, or Hong Kong, we may never have the people or factories to make it or the gasoline to put in the vehicles to get it to the people.

So a book on surviving must take into account a few harsh realities. These are fiercely debated but plainly stated on the Internet.

1)      The government may declare a disaster and quickly move from a democracy to a police state where the militia is really combat troops and laws are quickly changed to shred the veil of protection we have against such things. Weapons may be confiscated. Families may be pulled apart and individuals may be put a gun point under mandatory concentration camp like quarantine sites. When asked to surrender weapons people may refuse and fire them. When asked to go quietly into the jaws of death of a quarantine camp, many, as happened in Vietnam, nurses as well, go running down the road in a hail of bullets.

2)      People are not going to react as most of us predict they will. I am working with psychologists and health professionals as I write this book, to determine what the average American will do when faced with a Pandemic. Imagine a PMS population for 6-18 months and there will not be a lot of happy happy joy joy persons around. Many will be armed. Many will be crazy. They will be hungry, afraid, desperate, paranoid, and most will lose trust in the any type of federal authority. No matter what words are given in reassurance or patronizing speeches by radio or by leaders, people are going to freak. I saw this in the large earthquake at the end of the 20th century. Some people were just quiet and numb and scared, and some where hyper and getting into fights, and some were smashing glass and stealing things. By one executive order [citation] or law it is illegal to stockpile or hoard food. In the event of a disaster your food will be taken from you and distributed to others who did not prepare. You won’t have Prep rights. There are no such laws.  Not only will friends and relatives be trying to take your supplies, the government may just walk in and take them without even considering if you will have enough to survive.

3)      Real solutions and a pragmatic approach to dealing with the 3 waves of Pandemics, which are very very likely, require real facts. The massive amount of information on the Internet, on sites, and in the media is not accurate. It is loaded with spin.  [citation]  When the first and lethal outbreak of Avian hits North America, the government already has in place a) a plan  b) propaganda and very specifically crafted data to put out there and c) the intent of flooding all information sources with what they want the people to believe, the truth will be swallowed alive.

4)      That is why it is absolutely essential that the data in this book be absolutely accurate. When we must extrapolate (guess) then we must do so with extreme caution and use the most grounded generated data which is the most likely to be true. People are not going to be happy. And after grumbling and mumbling at the government for decades it will considered, not matter what reasons are given, it was their fault. It will be resented to the highest outrage the fact that the survival of the Infrastructure is considered more important than the survival of the peoples lives. All plans exist to primarily ensure that the Infrastructure, the politicians, military, medical, and scientists are first on the list.

5)      Who is expendable? The old people and anyone who is going to use a lot of supplies, vaccine, and where one person surviving could result in the death of ten others from no food, medicine, or shelter. People will be left to die. In our report we are preparing, as part of the book and will be sent to the CDC, NIH, and the highest offices in the government, we will earnestly try to convey the necessity of a compromise between cold hearted triage and humanity.

So, with all that having been said, what do we need to give you in this book to help you survive?

Since this is not written for entertainment, nothing that is not useful in someway belongs in the book. Every page, beyond this introduction must be informative.

Then why a big history section and a lot of verbose details about disease and so forth. Because you need to understand, we need to fill in the blanks with a broad background on disease, health, and how we have got to where we are.

We have existed as humanoids for perhaps three million years. We could be wiped out as a species in three years and six billion people could die and humankind would be a memory.

Looking back through history, how many species have been terminated by nature or disaster?

[Major citation and insert]  Consider this.

For one we don’t even know how many species there are now. Even more so, we don’t know how many species have existed. But we can take a shot at how many have vanished in the last 500 years and even last 20 years. Human kind, however developed their brain and however vain they are concerning their superiority over all others, could be wiped out. The different between us and the dinosaurs when the earth was hit by a comet and perhaps the axis shifted and suddenly cold-blooded creatures where stomping through snow, is that we can anticipate the danger and try and prepare for something which might wipe out the human race. Animals have no concept of disease, except for the possible smell of something dead or disease. My dogs certainly don’t have any natural fear of dead things. One of them likes to roll in grotesque and disgusting things, a dead squirrel being one of them.

But we also have the higher brain function of choice to ignore our awareness of impending disaster. Currently 1% of America is concerned enough about the coming Pandemics to store food, medicine, or water.

How about psychologically? For the most part, many are challenged just getting through their everyday lives by conditions in the U.S. which are less than optimal. Death of a child, a loved one, dead bodies in the streets, violent angry types raping, pillaging, and burning, even torturing or killing family or groups could present a real problem for someone who never imagined the world of the Pandemic. A world in which all the comforts and safeties we have become addicted to are gone in several weeks.

So, in briefer terms the book includes, a section for prepping and also living during a pandemic. It includes information on Avian, diseases, First Aid, and more mundane things like digging a latrine or how waste and other sanitation problems can be dealt with.

What frequency will .gov be broadcasting on. If INet (a communication network built and designed by Medclinician Foundation is working) how can you log on? Will we end up like the movie “The Postman” where the mail system on horses has to be completely restarted?

How do you conduct a town meeting? How can you reach a consensus from a group to function in an alternate society, or system of communal living, until normal government is restored? What is meant by the SIP phase, the emergence phase, and the restoration phase?

What are the plusses and minuses of city dwelling versus country as per population density? Are you organized as far as keeping track of your food and supplies?

How about an MC survivor pack for men, women, or families? The dead will have to be handled and interred or stored using specific methods to limit the spread of the Pandemic. Clothes, articles, and bedding will need to be burned. Would it be best t keep the family unit together or should we live in large quarters, some for many men, some for many men.  Should every able bodied person be required to work to be part of the community or do something to contribute in some way? The Indians and some Amazonian tribes use  lodges for houses, and women handle child raising and traditional women roles. Can we accommodate gender benders in a basic tribal or communal unit or will they need to set up separate communities?

How do you secure an area, a city, a county, using natural boundaries and limited personnel? What do you do about the crazy people running around shooting each other, higher than high on crack and drugs and capable of the most grisly acts, now unchecked by no visible law enforcement or government protection?

Survival is not an art, it is a science. It is the prime motivator of the human species and it would be the focus in the event of a Pandemic. One can do nothing of value or worth, neither artistically, culturally, or spiritually in this world unless they and their family can survive.

This book was written by not one person, but by utilizing the combined resources, thinking, and contributions of hundreds of people. Those of us who care enough, want to help and give you something you can hold in your hands and utilize. Something  useful; all you need is a little sunshine by day and a candle by night to read and written in many parts where a 12 year old child could pick it up and use it, even if both his or parents had died from the disease, and work with the next generation, those who will endure and build the foundation for a society after the Great Pandemic is only a sad and distant memory.  A lot of questions have been brought up in this introduction. Now it is time to answer them.

Medclinician
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 9:33pm

Prepgirl

Thanks Prepgirl. I may never be somebody, but I hope the book will help save lives and be different from what is out there.  For those who may say, oh yeah writing a book - should sit down for two years and try and write one. A real book is a great challenge. I wanted to answer your post to tell people the intro is the only place where there is a lot of opinion. The entire rest of the book is mostly facts and material which will be highly useful during a natural distaster, unnatural disaster, or Pandemic.

Over the years I have received some really kind and encouraging letters which have kept me inspired to finish the book. This is not my first. I could not possibly write a decent book without having written many others. But this is my first science based non-fiction book.

For 48 hours when I first release this, I will be setting up a totally free download section. If you want to host it here Albert, its your call.

John

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2008 at 9:59pm
Med I think the book has a lot to offer.  The recovery part is quite important, as they say the main deaths would happen in aprox. 3 mos time.  I'm wondering about the severity of it.  We had two flu pandemics since the 1918 pandemic. 

China has been inoculating it's citizens for yrs with heaven knows what...something we haven't offered up until recently ... and I don't see a lot of takers. 

The big hit will be the economy.  That disruption will be greater than they knew in 1918.
They could handle things we can't because of our supply lines.  We should never have gone from train to truck to this extent.  And people can not afford to prepare.  To gather up four or five months of food?   We are pushing for another Walmart in the area.  That would help...to just empty it out...might help for a few weeks.  Amazing the amounts of food we would need.
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 3:37am
THANKS AND GOOD LUCK WITH IT MED!!
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
SouthTexas View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 6:03am
Thanks med.......and you Albert for making this possible.....
The Lord be magnified.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 6:50am
Hi Med, I just got back into town late last night so I haven't had a chance to locate the problem with the blocked URL. 

Is this the link that you would like to use?  www.Pandemic-worldnews.com

PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 8:08am

Med,  thanks for your post.

I am very impressed on the work you have done and will continue to do in the future.
I went to both of your sites and read everything.
PrepGirl
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 8:10am

Albert and thanks for everything you do.  I hope you do post Med book for the 24 hr free period he is offering.  With the way time are now economicly those who can't afford to pay would loose out on his valuable information he has to offer.

Great job Great Avian flu site.
Prepgirl
PrepGirl
Littleraven View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 5:15pm
Medclinician,
I have enjoyed your posts.  Looking forward to your book--I know it will be a well thought out, excellent read and a great reference--I would take it my time machine.  I love H. G Wells. 
Littleraven
There's a Bad Moon on the Rise
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Littleraven Littleraven wrote:

Medclinician,
I have enjoyed your posts.  Looking forward to your book--I know it will be a well thought out, excellent read and a great reference--I would take it my time machine.  I love H. G Wells. 
Littleraven

Much appreciated. As much as I enjoy keeping up and posting on politics and Iran and many topics, looks like Mary, Coyote, Evergreen, and many others are doing just fine on keeping us up to date on Iran, the Gulf, and I will have to be a lurker for awhile while I finish the book.

Little Skye says hi to everybody and he is now more a year and a half and his mommy is hard pressed now that he can run and jump and climb and open ANYTHING. You want to figure out how to open something that you just can't seem to open, give it to a two year old. Bluebird hasn't had as much time to post or help out on the research since Skye is discovering everything but I must say, there is a bit of the caregiver in my little boy already when the other day Bluebird coughed and he said very clearly "are you all right mommy?"  I want him to grow up to be a doctor, but you know how it is. Each child chooses his or her own destiny and path they wish to walk.

I think he will be a compassionate loving and affectionate child. He is already. Why am I writing about my son?

Because, our children are incredibly important. I look at him and I see the future. I spent a long time with a woman in the infrastructure hooked to FEMA and Red Cross and several other organizations.

Very quickly, we agreed to meet in person and begin going through what the U.S. government's plan is. She herself wrote the "Plan" for an entire large southern state.

Soon we were discussing Katrina and 9/11 both of which I believe she had an active roll in disaster response and there is so much for her to tell me we are going to bring in some other government people and have a serious discussion. One concerns the community action group for dealing with a disaster or Pandemic in our town.

A very important part of things is women's issues and especially psychological, emotional, and physical support for young children during a Pandemic.

Much more could be posted on what I learned and will learn, but focus is important here.. and now I must go and do the writing - so that everyone will have access to this information in a form they can use. Nothing is of value as much as something that is useful.

So lurking - and thanking all of you for your comments and insight. Now its time to do - what was promised.

Medclinician
abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 3:30pm
I have a whole different take on Pandemic flu. It has been and continues to be hard for me to believe when I look at the vast amounts of things that have been done since 1918 from a scientific point of view that so little has been done to stop or erradicate the threat of human extinction from a virus or bacterium. I believe that for it to be true that there is nothing or little that can be done, it almost has to have been part of a plan, that certainly does not have the best interests of the average person in mind. If we weree talking about some alien life form, brought back to earth from a space exploration that would be different, but we have know about the Avian flues for decades. We chose to do nothing? I  have googled and tried to find names of people who were famous or had money that died in 1918 and other than that guy in England that they just dug up, few if any peoples names appeared. None from the very wealthy elite of the world.
Here are some things to consider, and this is far from a complete list, everyone could come up with their own lists, if they studied on google for about a half hour. This is what I found, some pretty awesome scientific discoveries.

"Tooth Protection" - plants are being bred to produce specific molecules to protect teeth; "Fillings By Numbers" - computers, an infra-red camera and a robot are used to create once-in-a-lifetime fillings; "Glass Teeth" - a new way of protecting the teeth of younger patients with fluoride; "Growing Teeth" - dentists are on the verge of re-growing teeth, eliminating the need for fillings. 08DR IJSCA 20 min.

Medical instruments made from fiber optics have enabled doctors to peer into many areas of the body that previously were inaccessible or that required major surgery.

The Food and Drug Administration in June 2006 approves the first vaccine specifically designed to prevent cancer. The Merck vaccine, Gardasil, blocks infection by two types of the human papillomarvirus (HPV) that account for about 70% of cervical cancer cases

Recently the i-Limb hand, invented in Edinburgh, Scotland, by David Gow has become the first commercially available hand prosthesis with five individually powered digits. The hand also possesses a manually rotatable thumb which is operated passively by the user and allows the hand to grip in precision, power and key grip modes.

Targeted muscle reinnervation (TMR) is a technique in which motor nerves which previously controlled muscles on an amputated limb are surgically rerouted such that they reinnervate a small region of a large, intact muscle, such as the pectoralis major. As a result, when a patient thinks about moving the thumb of his missing hand, a small area of muscle on his chest will contract instead. By placing sensors over the reinervated muscle, these contractions can be made to control movement of an appropriate part of the robotic prosthesis.[

An emerging variant of this technique is called targeted sensory reinnervation (TSR). This procedure is similar to TMR, except that sensory nerves are surgically rerouted to skin on the chest, rather than motor nerves rerouted to muscle. The patient then feels any sensory stimulus on that area of the chest, such as pressure or temperature, as if it were occurring on the area of the amputated limb which the nerve originally innervated.

Heard about the miraculous 'artificial retina' microchip coming down the road? Yep, it's a tiny IC implanted into the eye!

The authors report significant improvement in eight deaf-blind patients who received a cochlear implant -- a device that translates sound into electrical impulses that are delivered directly to the inner ear
 Philadelphia, PA – Doctors at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center’s Department of Otorhinolaryngology are now surgically implanting the recently FDA-approved “bionic ear,” bringing hearing to once-deaf adults throughout the Delaware Valley.

Philadelphia, PA – Doctors at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center’s Department of Otorhinolaryngology are now surgically implanting the recently FDA-approved “bionic ear,” bringing hearing to once-deaf adults throughout the Delaware Valley.

As an example of the possibilities, Flake, Evans, Johnson and the rest of the team most recently performed a fetal bone marrow transplant on an XSCID (X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency) fetus.

Messages have been sent to a planet 20 light years from Earth in the hope they will reach intelligent alien life.

After being launched at 0600 GMT Bebo's mission commander Oli Madgett said the message "passed the Moon in 1.7 seconds, Mars in just four minutes and will leave our Solar System before breakfast tomorrow".

Organisers hope the hi-tech package will reach its target - the planet Gliese 581C - in early 2029.

Robots are being used today in medicine. A robot can be so precise that it would be a great tool for performing surgery with. Robots can do insisions that are so clean that a person would not be able to see the cut from a distance after it healed. Doctors wouldn't have to fear of making the wrong insision or cutting too far. A robot would be programmed to cut a certain depth and place. Robots have been real helpful in researching.

This is a example of my half hours worth of study in scientific advancment.  Ask yourselves as I have.  What would a man or woman in 1918 have thought if someone told them that all these things and much much more would happen in the next one hundred years. They would have thought who wever was tellling them that was nuts. Ask yourself this, do you truly believe that with all these advancments made, that nothing or virtually nothing has been done in one hundred years, to stop a family of virus the Avian virus, that wrecked such havac and destruction. We all know that mass transit will only make the next big pandemic worse. Do you think scientists know that as well? Yet, nothing has been done.

This may be the reason why, nothing has been done for the general population. Read this excerpt taken from Meds post and think about it long and hard. Pandemics along with economiics and food shortages sure can allow a government to control a population.

The government may declare a disaster and quickly move from a democracy to a police state where the militia is really combat troops and laws are quickly changed to shred the veil of protection we have against such things. Weapons may be confiscated. Families may be pulled apart and individuals may be put a gun point under mandatory concentration camp like quarantine sites. When asked to surrender weapons people may refuse and fire them. When asked to go quietly into the jaws of death of a quarantine camp, many, as happened in Vietnam, nurses as well, go running down the road in a hail of bullets.

You have just read in my humble opinion, what is at the crux of this pandemic. Many of the elite monied people of the world, want to see a drastic reduction of earths population.  As we read this, we are watching the meltdown of the American and various different world economies. If this happens, I will be forever convinced and believe it was either done deliberatly or allowed to happen. One thing that will remain the same, God is on his throne and he is in control. For those of us who believe that, it does not matter what kinds of disasters are made, we stand protected by the most mighty power that ever has and will rule the Universe and beyond. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 7:19am

even if this were true...

want to see a drastic reduction of earths population.

it would naturally happen in a (3 month) pandemic they describe as horrific.

1918 was so terrible some people died in one day.

so not to worry

this dramatic scenario below wouldn't even be necessary to reduce population-

Weapons may be confiscated. Families may be pulled apart and individuals may be put a gun point under mandatory concentration camp like quarantine sites.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 5:04am
I certainly am a very small voice in all this, but as I speak to those in the infrastructure, the feeling is very much like those who come into the office of president and get that briefing behind the scenes - now this is how it REALLY is.

For one,  not as much from the infrastructure who know and are very concerned with the coming Pandemic, the word I keep hearing over and over is - DENIAL - from the main stream population. In some ways, it is like if people keep saying this over and over - there is not a threat - then that will be enough to stop it from happening. It won't.

Red Cross is scurrying, and I mean on a high gear move to prepare. And vaccine wise, at least a 100 labs are working on a vaccine or pre-vaccine.

I am meeting with planners (or will meet) of entire states face to face and in person. WE are going to the media. We are going into the final phase of prep and informing the public. The masks are going off. We cannot afford the luxury or safety that so many people enjoy who can post and read unnamed. The real data is more intense than any posts or news I have read in the last two years.

They know.

This may sound simplistic but despite all the spin, those in the highest offices are completely informed on the gravity of the situation. When Dr. Julie Gerberding from CDC gets up and says "we are not ready for a Pandemic"  this is based on hard core data from the most reliable sources. We are not. When the head of prep for a whole state says we don't have 1/10 of the ventilators we are going to need when this hits, the hospitals will shut down, and we will be setting up clinics in Wall Mart, I believe her.

I wish that those who have been going on about it will dissipate and be only 2% CFR or that we will rally forth and valiantly, like some Rocky Balbao prize match devastate the Pandemic. 

It is going to devastate us heavily. Our goal is to survive and then rebuild society and our economy. It won't be the nasty errors in investment on homes that will take us out, it will be the flu. You might notice that U.S.A Today, Wall Street Journal, and Newsweek are more and more duplicating what I am posting here on AFT. It is because their reporters are waking up and smelling the coffee and TPTB already know.

It should be heavily emphasized, there is nothing to be lost by preparing. If it doesn't hit - you have extra groceries and medicine. If it does, you may save millions of lives.

These numbers.. like 60% CFR are not shocking to .gov. They are not talking the 2% fairy tale will find in the plan situations. Those make it fit what we can cope with. We are not going to be able to easily cope with what is coming. If people have reasonable expectatons of how nasty this is going to be, they won't freak out quite so much when it happens. A little foreshadowing and psyche prep here is long overdue. Stop telling people it will be no big deal. Just a bump iin the road. It will be an 8 foot fissure of missing road. Those who know  are talking hard core, I was told bodies in buildings as opposed to my BITS (bodies in the streets). WHO says 63% or more fatlity in people who catch Avian. Isn't that kind of simple to understand. So we have to hear, well as it spreads, it will lessen. Did it in Europe during the Bubonic Plague? Where was all this lessening of fatlity rate during the Black Death. Look at history. Mother nature can be brutal and has been.

They are making serious plans for body disposal, generating power in plants from coal, a mass migration from D.C. to X location, and now I am hearing 15,000,000 doses of something - well our infrastructure is 11,000,000.

A dozen references to the salt particle surgical masks which are useless against Avian. And law enforcement numbers which are reflected already in the rising crime rates as police forces are cut by the bad economy.

In a nearby high school there are daily assaults on students and we have had 2 bombing alerts in 2 weeks.  Violence and crime is increasing. There is a drastic rise in justified homicide. The laws are changing to say - protect yourself from violence in your home. Prepare for more aggressive more threating people while you sit in place with your food and water.

Quite candidly, and I am not in contact with some of the virologists and high profile Avian experts with pet theories and agendas I used to be. The reason is all this philosophizing and debate is getting to be a moot point. It is like arguing about the color of the robes the barbarians are wearing as they storm the gates.

Mutation is occuring. To quote an infrascture person verbatim "Mruphy's law - with the crash coming in the economy - how appropriate Avian may very well hit hard this winter."

So, look, we don't want people all panicky, we just want people to prepare and don't waste any more time wondering.

I was speaking to health authorities and they will be passing out literature on basic data on first aid. We are putting together data for the book - some of it comes from the Ammish procedures for survival and societies which live outside society.

The idea is to get through this. Put aside all ths the flood is not coming, don't build the ark.
The storm is coming.  Not to live in some kind of winter is not coming comfy plush land. I know people smoke, and I know some won't like this, but I have (had) four relatives who smoked and said to me "if I want to smoke and enjoy my last 10 years rather than wobble around for the next 50 years, bugger off and leave me alone. They are now occupying prime real estate in Oakhill Cemetary in Silicon Valley. Unfornately those in a Pandemic will not have the luxury of the cush weather proofed coffins and liners. They will have a toe tag and a mass grave.

Not fun reading for a Sunday morning. But the goal here is to in 3 years after the Pandemic be reading a new release that most of the effects and damage of the Pandemic, except for loss of life, have pretty much been overcome. You are still alive, driniking your coffee, holding your grandchildren on your knee and watching the rising sun, still breathing.

We are working on plans. And some of us are working on getting a clear simple readable version to you as soon as possible. So another one liner... as I said before - Don't Panic - Prepare. M.C.

Medclinician
SusanT View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusanT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 7:37am
I haven't posted in a while because, frankly, I was tired of the political and economic focus this site had taken (sorry Albert). However, Med, I wanted to let you know that I was very happy to read about your book and all that you have accomplished. Even though I have not always agreed with everything you have posted, I have found your posts over the years well written and articulate, and looking at the Table of Contents, it seems to be a very comprehensive outline. I hope it is a best seller! I look forward to reading it. Congratulations.

Susan
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by SusanT SusanT wrote:

I haven't posted in a while because, frankly, I was tired of the political and economic focus this site had taken (sorry Albert). However, Med, I wanted to let you know that I was very happy to read about your book and all that you have accomplished. Even though I have not always agreed with everything you have posted, I have found your posts over the years well written and articulate, and looking at the Table of Contents, it seems to be a very comprehensive outline. I hope it is a best seller! I look forward to reading it. Congratulations.

Susan

Thanks Susan and encouraging. A lot of useful information has been flowing in from individuals as well as communities, such as the Amish group. Some religious groups are extremely cohesive and would be extremely useful social units during a Pandemic. And example would be a recently designed Amish stove which may sell for a few hundred dollars which in incredibly fuel efficient.

Suggestions from groups of mothers and women on fabrics, nursing, and very useful approaches to some of the common challenges we will have will be included.  Example:
*A SPIDER'S WEB is traditionally a natural clotting agent. If a big enough web is applied to a cut on a human body, it will stem the flow of blood and help the wound to heal quickly.

There are considerable herbal medicines that have been used for thousands of years.  The basic disclaimer in PNSG will be what I consider the bandaid and non-prescription medicine MC critieria.

One does not have to consult a physician to put on a bandaid. One does not have to do so to apply basic first aid. One does not have to refrain from using over the counter medicine if the precautions are read and followed.

Much of what is in PNSG is palliative treatment. If someone is gravely ill and you cannot treat them, you can do whatever is necessary to keep them comfortable as would generally accepted medicine.

Eating a lemon cough drop with honey for a cough is an example

Improving sanitation,  dressing wounds, storing vital medicines and supplies, will help to survive a pandemic.

.gov does not have enough supplies to treat or vaccinate 300,000,000 people. The Red Cross and other help organizations will be doing what they can as well as distributing materials to help the infected.

The clock is ticking. Getting data out there ASAP is the focus.

Medclinician - thanks Susan
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 2:51pm
Medclinican you said the clock is ticking.  Is there any info that the government is not telling about that makes you feel we are in any  imident danger soon?  Or you and the government just want to get the ball rolling on teaching and educated the public.
Off the record do you feel there is a threat of bird flu this season?

just curious
Prep Girl
PrepGirl
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 4:10pm

Medclinican you said the clock is ticking.  Is there any info that the government is not telling about that makes you feel we are in any  imident danger soon?  Or you and the government just want to get the ball rolling on teaching and educated the public.
Off the record do you feel there is a threat of bird flu this season?

just curious
Prep Girl

I will be meeting in a few days with a top government planner and some other health professionals. I have asked specifically for possible new information I can put up. From the first recent conversations there seems to be more urgency, and more push in preparing. This may indicate there is more knowledge behind the scenes of recent developments which are driving this . One specific comment which was ambiguous but interesting as well  was "with all that is happening right now, would not it be kind of Murphy's law for us to break out with the  full blown Pandemic this winter.

Without even any special knowledge, you might notice other users are posting outbreaks of strains in other countries as well a other positive tests in the U.S.

I think the new administration (IMHO) is going to be a lot more aggressive in addressing health issues, and will use "talk to the people" type scenarios and a great deal more transparency in giving people a more realistic picture of what will happen when the Pandemic comes.

As I often repeat, I am a humble R.N. who does medical research and writes. I am no one special nor I wish to be. I would like to simplify the scientifc jargon and political doublespeak into plain talking in terms everyone from 12 up can understand. I speak to people who work in the infrastructure and with them. What I am told, are not secrets, but day by day, things are being announced and released which were not opening discussed before. Yesterday's secrets are becoming todays shared information wth the public. Not all - but more - and that is a good thing.

After several meetings I should have more things to post. I am trying not to repeat what has already been said a lot before. But if .gov is starting to move in a new direction, which they seem to be with indications of "no quarantines because quarantines have not been considered doable or practical and that is a statement by a plan writer for a state" I think that is significant and a big step away from the plane arrives from wherever with people choking up blood and then are whisked away to concentration camp like environments..

One difference I would stress,  is not to be a scientific publisher, or expert, but to mend some of the rifts between the public and the infrastructure. There have been serious misunderstandings, mistrust, and a plummeting approval rates in some areas. This needs a fix. Open government, honest government, realistic government, and government looking to many sources for answers and ideas is a big start to mending that rift.

If I can be part of that, that would be a big step before we and .gov, because I am a Vietnam vet, but civilian like many of you. We will  have to face the Pandemic together; in a spirit of renewed mutual cooperation and trust. I would emphasize that word. Trust.

It is time for change and that means doing things differently. And one great part of this, which I think the coming administration will endeavor to do, is to make you all part of that change. It will be a change that perhaps for the first time in many years, happens after the election and actually fulfills the promises made before the election.

Not the same old, same old. As I was saying else where we need global solutions for global problems, we need new approaches and a much more transparent infrastructure in facing the challenge of the coming Pandemics together. It does sound a little red, white, and blue - but we need to get back to our roots and especially how we are going to prepare for what is coming - together

Medclinician
abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2008 at 2:58pm
A few questions for Med in regard to the new position.
To make things easier, I am going to post what you have written and then ask you to clarify, if you can. Thanks in advance.

I received a call last night by a psychologist who told me that I am to meet with people with the .gov for a disaster debriefing and to be informed further of what is in place and plan for action in a Pandemic.  You say that you were "told to meet with people with the gov. for a disaster debreifing, does that mean that you were not given a choice? How did they find out about you?

white trucks with red crosses  Are you referring to the American Red Cross? This is what I found on the Red Cross web site, looks like they are not government, but do work with FEMA. 
Is the American Red Cross part of the U.S. government?
The American Red Cross functions independently of the government but works closely with government agencies, such as the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), during times of major crises.

, (I am an RN and medclinician) to triage in advance with hundreds of families in a drill, and then in turn assign them to appropriate government support facilities which will be functional in the Pandemic that is coming.
you state that "is" coming so you have been told by the Red Cross or the government of the United States of America that a Bird Flu pandemic "is" coming, not any doubt about it?  Are you saying that you will "assign" people to what type of facilities? Can you give us a idea here of what you mean. You have used the word concentration camp type facilities. Would that be one of the ones you would assign people to?

He knows who I am and I have trusted him more than any other site person with my identity.
I presume you are talking about Albert. When you say he knows who you are, do you simply mean your real name and location, or are you saying that you are working in a official capacity of which Albert is aware? Does this imply that Albert agrees with everything you say?

We need to set aside the past, and as I am coming to know, the epidemics are with us now. The mutations, the danger, and on top of economy, terrorism, and Iran, we must integrate with .gov and work together to get ready for the Pandemics. There is no other option if we are to survive.  Have epidemics of Bird Flu already happened and we have not been told, have they been contained? You say " we must" integrate with government" "If we are to survive" I am really confused, because this implies that the government has been keeping things from the populace, so how can we work with someone who wont level with us? Also HHS director went to every state two years ago, and told people you will be on your own, do not expect the government to step in, has that changed?

As to the growing reaching out from the health community to me, it was a surprise. And this concept, this movement of your involvement, you input, your ideas,  will spread through the cities of our state, and eventually connect to federal and the whole United States. I am trying to bring the voice of the people, not my voice alone, to the powers that be. "Growing reaching out of the health community to me" health community or government or both? How are you bringing our voice to the government?  The things you talk about the government doing, tend to make me think of them as the enemy, not someone who is trying to help any citizen. example you say  The government may declare a disaster and quickly move from a democracy to a police state where the militia is really combat troops and laws are quickly changed to shred the veil of protection we have against such things. Weapons may be confiscated. Families may be pulled apart and individuals may be put a gun point under mandatory concentration camp like quarantine sites. When asked to surrender weapons people may refuse and fire them. When asked to go quietly into the jaws of death of a quarantine camp, many, as happened in Vietnam, nurses as well, go running down the road in a hail of bullets

I was told by the psychologist, John, it is time to go beyond words and posts and the Internet. So we met with people, and I find the .gov is looking for solutions  Is John a part of the government group?

It is important that I (with help) get the book, the packs, and the masks out there. If we can reach other states and cities and set up programs to dovetail government with civilians so that we don't wind up with city states and we can preserve our country through the terrible Pandemics and plagues which are drawing closer,  Who will provide these packs and masks, what is the cost, and what is the cost of your internet site to download the book? Does the money go to you or the government preparedness? Is this all a part of the government plan or is this separate from that?

as in the background enemy governments wait to knock us down and destroy America. They will not prevail. Democracy, in its purest form will be reborn and spread through the world. It will take years, but we will rebuild the United States of America, rekindle the economy, and survive these challenges, and we will make it again, the most powerful, the most united, and the greatest nation on earth. Are you saying that the government knows right now that it is going to be knocked down due to Bird Flu and that it will take years to rebuild or is this your opinion, from facts you have learned and if you have heard something to substantiate this claim, can you post it, and if you can not, why not? This is one heck of a claim that our whole government is going to collapse and have to be built up again.

Many will die while some will survive the First Wave of infection.  Sixty percent or more is the actual number given by WHO as the official fatality rate for those who catch Avian Flu. Since we have seen it above 80% in Indonesia, there is chilling possibility it may prove far more deadly than the Plague or Black Death of the middle ages where only about 1/3 of the population died.  I want to make sure I get this right, are these your opinions, or are they based on fact that the government has stated to you? I know at one time, the statement was made that the flu could mutate and be less deadly, is that now ruled out completely and this high kill rates the accepted norm amongst the people in the government?

By one executive order [citation] or law it is illegal to stockpile or hoard food. In the event of a disaster your food will be taken from you and distributed to others who did not prepare. You won’t have Prep rights. There are no such laws.  Not only will friends and relatives be trying to take your supplies, the government may just walk in and take them without even considering if you will have enough to survive  I know this is true, it is a presidential directive and under Marshall law, the constitution is abandoned. I question how we are to help ourselves if the government does this, that point then seems moot.  You say you are working for the government, so where do you stand on them doing this, are you OK with it? Does the book tell us how to hide things or how to deal with government, and if so, isn't that kind of weird that the government
 would tell us how to hide things from them, I am very confused this sounds like a warning, and I personally will take it doubly so, if a person who is a government employee or consultant is telling me this in a official capacity?

When the first and lethal outbreak of Avian hits North America, the government already has in place a) a plan  b) propaganda and very specifically crafted data to put out there and c) the intent of flooding all information sources with what they want the people to believe, the truth will be swallowed alive.  I know the government has a plan, I have a friend who was in Northern command and they have had plans for years, they would be remiss if they did not.  You say, "flooding all information sources with what they want the people to believe" does that mean what they want us to believe is not the truth but as you say "propaganda"? Again, you say you are working with the government and they want you to tell us this??

That is why it is absolutely essential that the data in this book be absolutely accurate. I agree and based on that statement about accuracy, the other statements you have made above about a for certain pandemic coming and gov propaganda specifically crafted data, quarantines, soldiers in the streets, confiscating supplies all has me totally freaked out. This has all gone from opinion to fact, it seems. The government is telling us to prepare, but they do so, so they can take it away? I know they can, but that seems like double speak to me, and you talk of a better country rising up out of the ashes of this disaster, if this happens, I can not see how that could possibly be true.

When we must extrapolate (guess) then we must do so with extreme caution and use the most grounded generated data which is the most likely to be true. Will you show us how you came to your conclusions, so that we can feel comfortable knowing that your data is most likely to be true?

And after grumbling and mumbling at the government for decades it will considered, not matter what reasons are given, it was their fault. It will be resented to the highest outrage the fact that the survival of the Infrastructure is considered more important than the survival of the peoples lives. All plans exist to primarily ensure that the Infrastructure, the politicians, military, medical, and scientists are first on the list  I agree most are going to be mad as hell, as I said in a different post on this site, it is hard, if not impossible to believe that something this dire, can happen and as you say, potentially wipe out 80% of the population, and no one thought it was important enough in almost a hundred years, to try to figure out how to stop it. This happened in 1918, we know that to be fact, we have had these tremendous advances in medical science and science in general, and we are to swallow that no one in a position of power over the years, has studied history or in medical science and thought this might be a worthy thing to find a cure for, virus. I have read where vaccines are being developed as we read this that may wipe out all flu virus, but that must be a lie then correct? As I said before, if this happens, it is because a ruling elite wish to eliminate surplus population, and create a global new world order. Minus a middle class but with two classes the elite and the workers who carter to them. That is my opinion. I have read plenty to support that.

We have existed as humanoids for perhaps three million years. We could be wiped out as a species in three years and six billion people could die and humankind would be a memory.  I think that is a very profound statement and it is true, but I think that we have to emphasize that we could also survive and this is how we do it, or else the book and everything else is for not, this all seems so negative to me, I guess I would rather read a upbeat we can make it, if we try and here is how we do it, like this site has been, as opposed to too much of this kind of talk, I hope that the site, does not capitalize on all negative things but does have some positive things as well or it would be a huge downer and very depressing.

How about psychologically? For the most part, many are challenged just getting through their everyday lives by conditions in the U.S. which are less than optimal. Death of a child, a loved one, dead bodies in the streets, violent angry types raping, pillaging, and burning, even torturing or killing family or groups could present a real problem for someone who never imagined the world of the Pandemic. A world in which all the comforts and safeties we have become addicted to are gone in several weeks. I do believe that all would be challenged with this to say the least. How do you ever prepare for any of this, let alone all of it? Perhaps somewhere we will find a passage that says, any normal person would be hard pressed to not feel challenged about this, even not want to live in a society like that. Then we also need to remind people that God is still on his throne, and to read Psalm 91. Because if we can do something about this, and can effect it then we have hope, but if we talk about all this happening and the government confiscating all of our stuff from guns to defend ourselves from rape and pillage to food to feed our child with so it does not die, then hope is wiped out.

How about an MC survivor pack for men, women, or families? What exactly is this? Where can we get it, and how much does it cost? Will that protect us better then what we already have?

The dead will have to be handled and interred or stored using specific methods to limit the spread of the Pandemic. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the government has already have this planned, one of the most demoralizing things there is, is to see dead bodies in the streets, remember Katrina. The military knows this and they have prepared for it. What you say is correct they do have to be handled and stored and disposed of in a certain way. Bodies will be burned to avoid under ground contamination, we know that we were able to bring the 1918 flu back by getting bodies out of perma frost. We would not risk under ground water contamination.

How do you secure an area, a city, a county, using natural boundaries and limited personnel? What do you do about the crazy people running around shooting each other, higher than high on crack and drugs and capable of the most grisly acts, now unchecked by no visible law enforcement or government protection? I thought we are to work with the government, the government was coming to you for help, they want to get involved and have us dovetailing, now there "is no" government protection, I continue to be confused. I apologize.

Survival is not an art, it is a science. It is the prime motivator of the human species and it would be the focus in the event of a Pandemic. One can do nothing of value or worth, neither artistically, culturally, or spiritually in this world unless they and their family can survive.   So  very true, when one trains for a sporting competition, or a war as in the training solider's get at boot camp, are they allowed to believe or even consider for a moment that failure is a option? Are they not taught that you CAN     do it no matter what, are they not encouraged to think and believe with their whole hearts and whole being that they will survive? There is a point in a race where everyone wants to quit, where you are just so tired that you can not go on anymore, that is the time, you need your couch to say, keep going, you can do it, this is how, you can do it. I have faith and confidence in you. I think that is what THIS    web site has been about since its creation, I personally am afraid to go someplace where anyone is going be nothing but positive and encouraging that yes it is going to be ugly, and it is going to be hard, but here is how you do it. You can do it.

This book was written by not one person, but by utilizing the combined resources, thinking, and contributions of hundreds of people. Any of it come from this site? If it does, if you learned anything from here, you need to give props. There are some excellent folks here, the best and brightest. I have learned things that have helped me  and that I have passed on and helped others immensely.

A lot of questions have been brought up in this introduction. Now it is time to answer them. I am glad you said this, now I do not feel so bad for such a long post.

, but I hope the book will help save lives and be different from what is out there.  how is it different from this site? Not that I want to get competition going and you imply that Albert is well aware of this and behind you, I am just curious.

Little Skye says hi to everybody and he is now more a year and a half and his mommy is hard pressed now that he can run and jump and climb and open ANYTHING. You want to figure out how to open something that you just can't seem to open, give it to a two year old. Bluebird hasn't had as much time to post or help out on the research since Skye is discovering everything but I must say, there is a bit of the caregiver in my little boy already when the other day Bluebird coughed and he said very clearly "are you all right mommy?"  I want him to grow up to be a doctor, but you know how it is. Each child chooses his or her own destiny and path they wish to walk. I am so happy to see that you expect little Skye to grow up and that there will be a world here for him to want to live in, and that there will be universities for him to learn how to be a Dr. This kind of hope you have for your own family is touching. We all have that for our families and children, if that is gone it is terrible. Even hard for some to exist there is such a social responsibility that we face when we put information out there, and we claim to be experts. On this board or any other. I have always believed that the most important thing is leave them with some hope. I know you write for that purpose also. I hope some Skye stories are in your book, don't ask why you write about him, you love him . There is proof of it when you say Because, our children are incredibly important. I look at him and I see the future

I spent a long time with a woman in the infrastructure hooked to FEMA and Red Cross and several other organizations.
Med, do you advocate for FEMA, I know many fear FEMA, they see them as a New World Order type of group at the worst, and at the least as being kind of ineffective because of some the hurricanes, so are you involved with them, or what is your opinion?

Very quickly, we agreed to meet in person and begin going through what the U.S. government's plan is. She herself wrote the "Plan" for an entire large southern state. Did she do this on her own, as a survivalist or was she asked to do this by the government in any form? Is her state implementing her plan and if so, where can we find it to take a look?

I certainly am a very small voice in all this, but as I speak to those in the infrastructure, the feeling is very much like those who come into the office of president and get that briefing behind the scenes - now this is how it REALLY is. Please tell us who in the infrastructure, so many can fall under that category and you are making profound statements, you even compare yourself to the President here, we need to know at what level this is. Again, I dont mean to be a nag, but I am so concerned about our entire government falling apart, I need/want to know, how far up this goes, and if they are endorsing your beliefs.

Red Cross is scurrying, and I mean on a high gear move to prepare. And vaccine wise, at least a 100 labs are working on a vaccine or pre-vaccine.
how do you know that this is not just government propaganda as you stated above? I am thinking about this that you said, and I am concerned that what they are telling you could be a part of this, you said  When the first and lethal outbreak of Avian hits North America, the government already has in place a) a plan  b) propaganda and very specifically crafted data to put out there and c) the intent of flooding all information sources with what they want the people to believe, the truth will be swallowed alive. 

I am meeting with planners (or will meet) of entire states face to face and in person. WE are going to the media. We are going into the final phase of prep and informing the public. The masks are going off. We cannot afford the luxury or safety that so many people enjoy who can post and read unnamed. The real data is more intense than any posts or news I have read in the last two years.
More intense how? We have had some pretty intense data and things stated here, is it more intense in a good way or bad, it sounds like bad. Please tell us.

They know.

This may sound simplistic but despite all the spin, those in the highest offices are completely informed on the gravity of the situation. Med, I am so confused, on the one hand you are working for the government by invitation, and then it sounds like you are uncovering a government conspiracy, which is it? Or did you get in the government and have discovered this, how much worse is it then what we have been told?

When Dr. Julie Gerberding from CDC gets up and says "we are not ready for a Pandemic"  this is based on hard core data from the most reliable sources. We are not. When the head of prep for a whole state says we don't have 1/10 of the ventilators we are going to need when this hits, the hospitals will shut down, and we will be setting up clinics in Wall Mart, I believe her. I would agree with that, do you know if Julie Gerberding believes as you do that beyond a shadow of a doubt we will get bird flu this winter? I know a source from the Internet, someone else whose husband knows her personally, he was the head of a Ape testing facility in Texas, where they have even had some Ebola germs. He was sent to Vietnam when this whole thing broke out and did not feel that at this time, there was a imminent threat.   Med, we knew many hears ago, that we do not have enough ventilators, you know that, under normal circumstances it would be insane to spend that kind of money on having expensive ventilation machines in storage. My Dr. told me last week, one of the most important things was to have anti biotic for the pneumonia, he said that after 1918 most people died from staph induced pneumonia. Something that the Pneumonia vaccine he said at least does not cover. We also talked about using Walmart distribution facilities as they are excellent and located all over. We also have known that hospitals will not take most avian patients we thought to protect the other sick people, and that we would use schools or even the tents that Albert had spoke of. Are you saying now that the hospitals are just going to close doors and care for no one?

I vote for this and hope for it, you say, I wish that those who have been going on about it will dissipate and be only 2% CFR or that we will rally forth and valiantly, like some Rocky Balbao prize match devastate the Pandemic.   then in the next sentence you say this It is going to devastate us heavily. No matter what we do?

might notice that U.S.A Today, Wall Street Journal, and Newsweek are more and more duplicating what I am posting here on AFT. It is because their reporters are waking up and smelling the coffee and TPTB already know.  I have noticed some articles talking about A pandemic but no one has spedifically said that the BF is going to be IT for SURE. Can you print the sources or the stories in the Wall St. Journal, and the USA Today, that are duplicating what YOU say?

It should be heavily emphasized, there is nothing to be lost by preparing. If it doesn't hit - you have extra groceries and medicine. If it does, you may save millions of lives. What? Doesn't hit, I thought that beyond a shadow of a doubt it is known that it is going to hit, and that all the top brass knows. What is with this? And you are saying it should be "heavily emphasized"!!!

These numbers.. like 60% CFR are not shocking to .gov. They are not talking the 2% fairy tale will find in the plan situations. Those make it fit what we can cope with. Now they know again? And are lying to us, and you are working for them?

If people have reasonable expectatons of how nasty this is going to be, they won't freak out quite so much when it happens. A little foreshadowing and psyche prep here is long overdue. Stop telling people it will be no big deal. Just a bump iin the road. It will be an 8 foot fissure of missing road. Those who know  are talking hard core, I was told bodies in buildings as opposed to my BITS (bodies in the streets). WHO says 63% or more fatlity in people who catch Avian. Isn't that kind of simple to understand. So we have to hear, well as it spreads, it will lessen. Did it in Europe during the Bubonic Plague? Where was all this lessening of fatlity rate during the Black Death. Look at history. Mother nature can be brutal and has been.
Med, I think that it is possible that reasonalbe expectations of sixty percent dying, some will kill themselves when it starts rather then even try. Especially if the government is gong to take our stuff and we have no vaccine and no food and people are being raped and their children are dying. Do you remember the movie ON THE BEACH, it was a what if, a nuclear war happened movie the folks in Australia were the last to go, rather than die a cruel and harsh death of radiation poisoning the government through the salvation army passed out cyanide capsules to let people kill themselves and their children, rather then suffer. Do you see that as happening. I for one, feel no hope here. You are in the know, working for government and you say this most definitely is going to happen but it may not and you wont be worse off for having medicine and supplies, but yet it is going to be devastating bodies in the streets,  heck you even doubt that it will lesson its fatality as it mophs into its three stages, so I guess one can not even get excited if they make it through phase one and two. Why should we try Med? What is to be gained by reading your book or buying your packs?

They are making serious plans for body disposal, generating power in plants from coal, a mass migration from D.C. to X location, and now I am hearing 15,000,000 doses of something - well our infrastructure is 11,000,000. Med, just to remind you in the worst days, when we were the most afraid, when this was spreading faster then it is now, or at least what the UN said, we knew that power was going to be a problem, I guess plans for coal may be better then nothing. Mass migration we discussed will happen from every large city as people will try to avoid large population areas. 15,000,000 doses of something, our infrastructure is 11,000,000 isnt that maybe good? That means we could keep infrastructure, something you have given such dire predictions about in the above posts, and in addition to that, four million or billion more doses and if they have that NOW could they produce more before it HITS?

A dozen references to the salt particle surgical masks which are useless against Avian. And law enforcement numbers which are reflected already in the rising crime rates as police forces are cut by the bad economy.
Tell you what folks, I will put a rag on my face before I go out with absolutely nothing, as far as avian is concerned it may not protect you, but it may protect you from something else and I can not help but believe that something in front of your mucus membranes is better then nothing if you get sneezed on. I just read a story about how PD are taking on more folks, that was supposed to scare us into believing a police state was coming, maybe if they cut back, there could be some good news in it. Actually here in the Piedmont of NC we are hiring in all our PDs. Where is the crime rates rising? You need to tell the people so they can adequately protect themselves.

In a nearby high school there are daily assaults on students and we have had 2 bombing alerts in 2 weeks.  Violence and crime is increasing. There is a drastic rise in justified homicide. The laws are changing to say - protect yourself from violence in your home. Prepare for more aggressive more threating people while you sit in place with your food and water.
I hate to say this, but I am 52 and kids have been calling in bomb threats to schools, sadly for as long as I can remember. At least now, we have some good ways to trace calls and possibly catch the little buzzards who are trying to get a day out of school. "A drastic rise in justified homicide" has anyone really heard that? Laws are changing for what the good or bad, as  you protect yourself from violence in your home, you said they were going to take our weapons, prepare for more aggressive and more theatening people while we sit in place with our food and water, they are going to take our food and water, how do we prepare if they take everything?

Quite candidly, and I am not in contact with some of the virologists and high profile Avian experts with pet theories and agendas I used to be. BINGO BINGO BINGO why are you not in contact with them? Were you ever? Did the top virologists and Avian experts call you and advise you a RN in West Virginia, but now that you are working in consort with the government they quit calling? They have "pet theories and agendas" but you do not right? So you are saying what, that what the experts are saying is false but what you are saying is true, so we disregard Julie G from the CDD, you just told us to pay attention, who do we not listen to, we need to know, would that be St. Jude's they have done a lot of research into this and are pretty reputable. How about the guy in MN who has sounded the warning bell for years? We need to know who we can trust. I am so confused.

The reason is all this philosophizing and debate is getting to be a moot point. It is like arguing about the color of the robes the barbarians are wearing as they storm the gates What debate, I thought it was a done deal its coming and everyone knows it.

Mutation is occuring. To quote an infrascture person verbatim "Mruphy's law - with the crash coming in the economy - how appropriate Avian may very well hit hard this winter." I must insist when you are claiming my children are going to die, and my daughters are in danger of being raped, and my government is going to abandon me and take my weapons if I have any, and my food and water, who the infrastructure person you are talking to is, after all you yourself said, time for the masks to come off. Anyone can make wild claims, and quotes if they dont have to name names, is this a councilman in your small town of West Virginia or a Washington expert? Is it a another nurse at a local hospital, or who, from what position of authority do they speak?

Unfornately those in a Pandemic will not have the luxury of the cush weather proofed coffins and liners. They will have a toe tag and a mass grave.
First who cares what kind of coffin you have when you are dead? Second omg, talk about fear mongering. I think this is a blatant insult to all the people on here who have tried to prep and be ready, he is selling his book and his supplies, which could be very valuable, it is the method he goes about selling them that I take offense with.  If you put this guys posts on spell checker, he can not even spell, and does not know enough to use spell checker. Yet we are to believe everything he says, as verbatim .

But the goal here is to in 3 years after the Pandemic be reading a new release that most of the effects and damage of the Pandemic, except for loss of life, have pretty much been overcome. You are still alive, driniking your coffee, holding your grandchildren on your knee and watching the rising sun, still breathing.
with the over kill here on what ifs, that really hit home to people who are survivalists, they really kick a lot of people right square in the gut, and you leave zero hope for survival. You have done too good a job at convincing me there is no hope, none. If you were selling your kits and books at cost, and could prove THAT to me beyond a shadow of a doubt, I would perhaps entertain believing some of this, until then, it is a bad sales job and ye shall reap what ye have sown.

Don't Panic - Prepare. M.C.  As a nurse and supposedly working with a psychologist, you know what the personality type on these forums is. I recall last year, when you and your wife and baby got some sniffles you thought you had bird flu and you thought there was a cover up in your town. Either you are a real panic person yourself or you are trying to play on others panic by creating nothing less then a panic situation, if what you say is true and you contradict yourself all over town, and some poor uneducated newby comes in here, they could go off the deep end. In the name of God cease.

Suggestions from groups of mothers and women on fabrics, nursing, and very useful approaches to some of the common challenges we will have will be included.   women need food and water to be able to nurse, you have stated that the government that you claim to work for will take our food and water.

*A SPIDER'S WEB is traditionally a natural clotting agent. If a big enough web is applied to a cut on a human body, it will stem the flow of blood and help the wound to heal quickly.
this is the ONLY useful information I got out of all these scare tactic posts. People you need to re read what he is saying, see his own financial benefit from scaring the crap out of you. You better know he more then likely has volunteered to be in the Red Cross, he makes very broad and unsubstantiated claims. While in this last post, he talks of using spider webs (what a web he weaves) and using natural herbs, and honey cough drops, he has said before most will die, be raped and pillaged, the government he works for is lying and not telling us the truth, they will take our supplies and our guns and our water, they will put us in concentration camps, then later they wont even quarantine, he is going to help triage who goes where though. So is he complicit in putting people in possible concentration camps, since as he states hospitals will have closed doors.

The clock is ticking    I don't know how many of you will have made it to the end of this huge post I dont even know if I can post it all on one post, but I have taken the time of one afternoon that I should have used to do other things, to try to expose the personal gain, and the hype and fear mongering that is going on here. I am no doubt going to get nailed between the eyes for it. So be it. I hope Albert does not kick me off, but I think based on what I have seen here, Albert is not like this at all, he has maintained a web site that has offered invaluable information for anyone to view for free.  Albert has always tried to shut down and stop fear mongering and called people out who have tried to profit from it in the past. I hope he does not kick me off of here for posting this, but I had to, I felt driven to by the Holy Spirit. There is more contradictory falsehoods in these posts of his then I have ever seen combined in all the forums on this website in the last three years or longer I have been on here. It had to be done for anyone new, or a lurker or even old ones who could take his "medical expertise" as gospel. This is all about Panic. The sad thing is, many parts may be true, I also tend to think that we could get hit with a economic mess and a pandemic flu and so does my own Dr. but that is just a opinion and mine is based on a lot of research which is also just others educated opinions about end times scenarios. I state up front mine is just opinion, but his article state over and over and over that it is FACT and fact backed up by the government he goes on to trash in the next breath.
I will be meeting in a few days with a top government planner and some other health professionals. I have asked specifically for possible new information I can put up   I guess I will say I am going to meet with the a top government planner, who does not believe a darn thing that he has said. There is no meat here. I thought it was time for the masks to come off, this is all veiled.

I think the new administration (IMHO) is going to be a lot more aggressive in addressing health issues, and will use "talk to the people" type scenarios and a great deal more transparency in giving people a more realistic picture of what will happen when the Pandemic comes.
After several meetings I should have more things to post. I am trying not to repeat what has already been said a lot before. But if .gov is starting to move in a new direction, which they seem to be with indications of "no quarantines because quarantines have not been considered doable or practical and that is a statement by a plan writer for a state" I think that is significant and a big step away from the plane arrives from wherever with people choking up blood and then are whisked away to concentration camp like environments.. This is a long way away from where he first started out two days ago, with the government taking everything right? Whisked away in concentration camps, that must be the republicans who want that, right?
One difference I would stress,  is not to be a scientific publisher, or expert, but to mend some of the rifts between the public and the infrastructure. There have been serious misunderstandings, mistrust, and a plummeting approval rates in some areas. Guess what, the democratic congress has a lower approval rating then Bush. Talk about propaganda.

It is time for change and that means doing things differently. And one great part of this, which I think the coming administration will endeavor to do, is to make you all part of that change. It will be a change that perhaps for the first time in many years, happens after the election and actually fulfills the promises made before the election. How blatantly self serving, Change huh, who uses that slogan, that is even beneath a man who hangs out with Terrorists, or says in his own books that he does not care much for white people, and whose relatives say he is a Muslim would use to get votes.

Not the same old, same old. As I was saying else where we need global solutions for global problems, we need new approaches and a much more transparent infrastructure in facing the challenge of the coming Pandemics together. I believe there is no difference between the parties, I think they BS all of us, but my ears perk up as a Christian when I hear someone like Old daddy Bush and Obama and Mr. Rockefeller talk about Global anything, I want to run and hide. The devil is in the details.
 It does sound a little red, white, and blue - but we need to get back to our roots and especially how we are going to prepare for what is coming - together

Actually Med, it sounds anything like red white and blue, it sounds more like blue helmet or UN talk. Not a sovereign America but a Global society. Do the research yourself, look at what a lot of folks have to say about the pitfalls of globalism.
I am tired. This is too much. This is just fair play and showing a different side.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 8:32am
abcdefg...finally!! ClapClapClapClapClapthanks for your insight and especially the time you used to set the record straight. RC.. btw I just read your latest entry on your home blog Med....man you  really have a need to be thought of as the great OZ...maybe in your world...not mine..RC
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 9:31am

I'm just barely getting caught up on this thread.  There are some really long posts in it.  Now Debbie, why would you think that you could be kicked off for seeking the truth?   Not even close.  Confronting people and issues to find the truth is something that I do myself.  

Now, is Med working with the government in some capacity?  I personally have no idea, but I have my own guesses. 

Med-- You can post your manual for download here.  I don't see any harm in it. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 10:55am
[QUOTE=Albert]

I'm just barely getting caught up on this thread.  There are some really long posts in it.  Now Debbie, why would you think that you could be kicked off for seeking the truth?   Not even close.  Confronting people and issues to find the truth is something that I do myself.  

Edited by Albert -----

Med-- You can also post your manual for download here anytime. 

------------------------------------

Thanks Albert. You know I could write a novel answering all these accusations and statements and I hardly have the time to finish the book.  For you to know, I am an R.N. in California and West Virginia - ICU-ER- and on call disaster. We do medical research - it is really quite a simple task for anyone to read the flyleaf of  the book about me to know my bio. It was not written by me, and Bluebird used to watch me head out in my lab coat or scrubs to ER, CCU, even stopped at accidents and helped keep people alive.  She advised me to just tell you all I am an RN, we do what we do, and leave it at that. Time and what I do in the next six months will answer the other questions for those who even care to know.  Our prayers are with you all and little Skye or 19 month old son waves.

The other day I was deeply moved, when Bluebird was coughing, she has something and little Skye went over and took her hand and looked into her eyes and said "Mommy, are you all right?"

I felt a huge wave of emotion, almost teared up, and I thought - now that is my son. He will grow up to love and care for many people- just as his father has done for most of his life. And he is that way because he has watched both Bluebird and I, doing it.

Behind every great man (and I will never be great) is a greater woman  I thank God for my wife - and behind them are one or more children who will carry one our hopes, dreams, beliefs, and are the future. A true and sincere heart will be able without much effort to know another one - and that is all that needs to be said.

Help us to help you prepare, stay informed, and it is better to light one candle, than to curse the darkness.

Our prayers are with you all.

Medclinician
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 11:36am
Med, I edited my post, so I had to go back and edit your quote.  I apologize...

Also-- I haven't fully researched how the guide is going to be ordered.  I'm hesitant on allowing people to provide their emails to government sponsored projects.  Having a list of people (who are well-prepared) given to the government might not be a good future move. Nor do I want email blasts of potential mis-information going out, should a panflu ever hit. 

Anyway, the bottom line is that I don't like people giving out their emails or any personal information.   Perhaps the download is the best way to go. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 12:33pm

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Med, I edited my post, so I had to go back and edit your quote.  I apologize...

Also-- I haven't fully researched how the guide is going to be ordered.  I'm hesitant on allowing people to provide their emails to government sponsored projects.  Having a list of people (who are well-prepared) given to the government might not be a good future move. Nor do I want email blasts of potential mis-information going out, should a panflu ever hit.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I don't like people giving out their emails or any personal information.   Perhaps the download is the best way to go.

Agreed. I think that personal information, names, email addresses and such all should be given due diligence in terms of privacy.  The book will be copyrighted and as such there will be a qualified license given to to the site for x hours to download. It will not be public domain.  And of course, before download, a copy will be sent to you for review as to whether you wish to have it available. The other sites which will provide download will not be completely free and users will have to provide basic information just as on EBay or any location providing ebooks or in the case of the paperback, formal ordering information.

There is no doubt some concern how informative the book might be in terms of the specifics on the extent and instances of Avian outbreaks and infections.

This is primarily a Survivor Handbook, not a .gov tell all on who said what about what and how accurate those statements were. The idea is to survive, not to expose blatant misinformation.  Such a book would never make it to the bookstores.

One item that should be made EXTREMELY clear is the topic name here.. thread and its definition. The author has sometimes been chastised in terms of how things are worded and even a single word can make a considerable difference.

In this case the word WITH as to opposed to FOR is extremely important.

There is not meant to be any inference that either I, nor my lab or whatever is directly contracted to provide services to the government. That does not mean this is excluded- that we do not- it merely means  it is not implied. Example would be a grant where we may perform research or work in developing technology. However, WITH indicates we are trying to add to resources, abilities, and contacts and make them available to the .gov to coordinate a use of those resources to help better implement plans already in place or that are being developed.

This is opposed to a Maverick single person who simply is not affiliated, registered, with the government. This is opposed to a single person who declared themselves a researcher, is not registered with Era Commons, who is not a legal organization that exists as an entity independently. This is not the case.

This is opposed to a single person with some interesting ideas about healthcare. This is someone who works with and is integrated in some ways to existing health providers or etc.

As indicated we are medical researchers (plural). We do not work as a salaried employee for an organization - we are an organization. If we perform research under specific parameters, we are not stating opinions, we are stating research.

We are not laymen. We are health professionals and I am sure there are many here who are such, but do not own companies or organizations, more than very limited corporations. To be a primary investigator on a project is just that. Nothing more, nothing less.  Some do own companies.

Now as far as ordering anything, my offer, as the head of an organization, as others here are as well, is to allow a free download of the ebook text for 48 hours so that people who cannot afford to buy it, can have an exclusive for private use only copy, not to be duplicated, which the majority of content of  a copyrighted book. This is not intended to be public domain. There will be features of the book which will not be in the downloadable free personal use copy.

Just being clear. So we work with, but not for.  There is no need to datamine personal information. If you want to buy the paperback book, then it probably can be ordered on Amazon or at a bookstore.

The freebie download thing is for people who either can't afford to buy it, or would like to take advantage of an offer to have a copy for personal use to help to survive the Pandemics.

Medclinician is not a government employee. He cannot speak for the government, he cannot give out any information that is not obtainable with reasonable diligence by any person with a decent search engine except in terms of news which may be gathered by interviews or one to one conferences. These interviews or data may be published by and are owned by the foundation, but may be posted on sites. 

In one sense of the word MC is plural. More than one person is involved in writing, editing, and gathering data for the Survival Guide. That's the way it is.

Medclinician

now moving right along
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 12:49pm
Example of coordinated community action group as done after the student shooting in Virginia.

courtesy of Monitor -

Thanks to that preparation, we were able, on short notice, to provide training, volunteer coordination and consultation in response to the national tragedy that occurred in this small Appalachian community.

Prepared for disaster

Immediately after the shootings, volunteers and NRVCS staff, along with Montgomery-Floyd Red Cross and local ministers, set up the family staging area and a respite center for law enforcement personnel. Although we received several bomb threats, our volunteers stayed in safe zones with the families. They escorted families to the information-gathering area and provided support and guidance through the identification and notification processes. These community partners maintained coverage 24 hours a day until the family staging area was closed.

Our responders also met with groups of those affected by the tragedy, integrating resources provided by the university to assist them in supporting one another. Fraternities, religious groups and clubs requested our disaster support interventions. As needed, we referred people to student counseling, employee assistance programs and clergy. Disaster mental health volunteers accompanied faculty and students, with police escorts, into Norris Hall to retrieve belongings. The alliance of community disaster mental health partners met with Virginia Tech leaders and emergency responders to get updates, plan for coverage and assess the needs of all of those affected—on campus and in the larger community. In addition, the community partners helped students resume class a week after the attack and then assisted with graduation.

Long-term commitment

Dozens of trained medical students from the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine and community members continue to assist with the response through the coalition.

In the first month after the shootings, the CDRC contributed 4,320 volunteer hours to the VT response. The Mental Health Association of the NRV staff and volunteers provided more than 920 hours and NRVCS provided 1,550 staff hours. The local Red Cross contributed more than 9,500 staff and volunteer hours.

The coalition has worked closely with both agencies, the United Way of the New River Valley, local ministers, educators, health-care providers and other community leaders to continue longterm planning. To that end, the partner agencies involved in this response have formed the Communities Healing After Tragedy group to coordinate response activities, seek shared funding and ensure that the community's needs are addressed over the long term.

To other communities that must grapple with similar tragedies, we'd like to share a lesson that has been driven home to us over the past few months: No university exists within a vacuum—there is always a surrounding community. Partnerships within the community and across campus boundaries are vital in forming a coherent mental health response to tragedy.

comment: The essence of coordinated community action groups is to provide a role where civilians and health professionals can work together in a disaster situation. This currently is our goal in developing and working with agencies such as Red Cross personnel, law enforcement, and community action groups to deal with a Pandemic situation.

Medclinician

abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 9:28pm

I have no problem with anyone who posts their opinion, no matter how dire, as long as they say it is their opinion, it maybe a educated and informed opinion, but fact is dead cetainty. Also, I hate to see this site politicized, everyone has for the most part gotten along so well. Which is what we should be doing as a country. This is a great and reputable site. I want to see it stay that way.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 8:38am
We are scheduling another meeting to discuss disaster and Pandemic preparation at the community level. I will be meeting with a woman who was present at the Pentagon  during 9/11 and worked helping triage and integrating government services this week. I will keep all of you posted on the results of these meetings and useful content which may aid in your Prep efforts.

It should be emphasized that coordinating the civilian population and resources, with the aid of such persons such as myself, an RN and experience health profession, is an expanding part of plans to deal with the approaching Pandemics or inevitable natural disasters.

The media and net is important in keeping the public aware of grassroots efforts to work with the government,  because without the cooperation and participation of many citizens, the programs will be much less effective.

The preparation of a Survival Manual is an important and useful step in giving people a tool in the absence of communication or power, to deal with a Pandemic.

Therefore, a sustained focus of resources and effort must be devoted to get you such a document as soon as possible.

There are of course many funded and official publications, but there is also, just as we have blogs and personal web pages, the need for such a survival manual.

Various resources, health professionals, and other people are involved in getting this done.  An outline has been posted of key areas which will be covered and one of the most important areas is the reintegration of the infrastructure after communities have had to operate independently.

It is possible there will be some resistance, as there is to any change of who is doing what. When hospitals and government centers possibly shut down, and clinics are set up using what is left of our health professionals, this will push the limits of some parts of the infrastructure and law enforcement.

data:  http://www.ehponline.org/members/2004/112-1/focus.html

More than a dozen major factors have been pegged over the past 10-15 years as existing or potential contributors to infectious disease outbreaks. Microbes continue to evolve rapidly, and human susceptibility to infection is increasing due to malnutrition, weakening of immune systems through cancer treatments or chronic diseases, and aging of the population in some countries. Extensive poverty and population growth have spawned impacts such as poor basic public health infrastructure in megacities. Wars result in dislocation of peoples, destruction of public health systems, malnutrition, and introduction of new microbes by soldiers returning home; bioterrorism raises the possibility of infectious agents being released upon the population at large. Changing medical technology allows exchanges of microbes through blood transfusions and organ and tissue transplants, some of which come from animals. Increased international travel and exchange of goods--including animals, plants, and foods that can carry pathogens--both spread diseases rapidly. Many nations have seen reduced funding for safe water and sewer systems, vaccines, research, surveillance, prevention, and response, due in part to complacency.

More than 1,400 species of infectious microbes are known to be human pathogens, and of these, 175 fall into the "emerging" category, wrote Louise H. Taylor and colleagues from the U.K. Centre for Tropical Veterinary Medicine in the 29 July 2001 issue of Philosophical Transactions: Biological Sciences. Of the total 1,400-plus species, 61% are zoonotic, meaning they can be passed from animals to people, and about 75% of the emerging species are zoonotic. Viruses and protozoa are among the most likely to be considered "emerging."

Stephanie Schrag, an epidemiologist with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), says estimates of the number of emerging infectious diseases can vary because there's no universal agreement on exactly what constitutes an emerging or re-emerging disease. In general, emergence has been tied to substantial increases in mortality and morbidity, but there are no strict thresholds for when a disease is considered emerging, and problems around the world with data quality compound the problem. However, Schrag says, a precise number isn't the most important issue. "It only takes one [outbreak] to have a serious global problem," she says.

(Quote from Dr. Stephanie Schrag at CDC)

Who then is essential during an Outbreak, natural disaster or Pandemic? As per a recent document released from John Hopkins University - and current - criteria for who is important is changing.

war%20refugees%20in%20Sudan
No refuge. Civilians in south Sudan flee that country's civil war, now in its twentieth year. In addition to dislocating people, wars destroy health infrastructure and create conditions ripe for illness.
image credit: Sven Torfinn/Panos Pictures

One group released a press statement which is credible and authoritative.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Mary08 Mary08 wrote:

should have the ISBN for the paperback soon.  We are pushing hard for December 1st now as  release and also net download date. We hope that world events and other events, especially the flu season does not interfere with basic power grid function, medical and government services, and emergency room traffic before we can get it out.

Medclinician
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 9:04am
http://www.bioethicsinstitute.org/web/page/392/sectionid/387/pagelevel/2/interior.asp

About the Berman Institute of Bioethics  

ABOUT US

The mission of the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics is to conduct advanced scholarship on the ethics of clinical practice, biomedical science, and public health, both locally and globally, and to engage students, trainees, the public, and policy-makers in serious discourse about these issues.

Established in 1995 the Berman Institute is now one of the largest centers of its kind in the world.  Today, the Berman Institute consists of more than 30 core and affiliated faculty from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Bloomberg School of Public Health, and the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences. Faculty work collaboratively on scholarship and teaching in the Institute's five areas of focus:  biomedical research and discovery; ethics of clinical practice; public health ethics and health policy; research ethics; and global health ethics and research.

The Berman Institute mentors trainees through the PhD concentration in bioethics and health policy, the Greenwall Fellowship program, the Johns Hopkins-Fogarty African Bioethics Training Program; the Arts and Sciences minor in bioethics; the bioethics certificate, and various summer intensive courses in bioethics.  The Institute also provides policy advice for government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and private sector organizations.

The Institute has been funded by private foundations, public research grants, and philanthropic contributions.

comment: this listing does not indicate membership or affiliation with this group by Medclinician, but there is support, not funding,  by the forming Medclinician Foundation for the activities and programs of this organization.

http://www.bioethicsinstitute.org/web/module/press/pressid/104/interior.asp

You may access the full report at the link above.

Research News

Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Rethinking Who Should Be Considered 'Essential' During a Pandemic Flu Outbreak

Not only are doctors, nurses, and firefighters essential during a severe pandemic influenza outbreak.  So, too, are truck drivers, communications personnel, and utility workers. That's the conclusion of a Johns Hopkins University article to be published in the journal of Biosecurity and Bioterrorism. The report, led by Nancy Kass, Sc.D, Deputy Director of Public Health for the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics, provides ethical guidance for pandemic planning that ensures a skeletal infrastructure remain intact at all times. Dr. Kass says, “when preparing for a severe pandemic flu it is crucial for leaders to recognize that if the public has limited or no access to food, water, sewage systems, fuel and communications, the secondary consequences may cause greater sickness death and social breakdown than the virus itself.”

The authors represent a wide-range of expertise in several areas of pandemic emergency planning both at the state and federal levels. After examining several accepted public health rationing strategies that give priority to all healthcare workers and those most susceptible to illness, the authors propose a new strategy that gives priority to a more diverse group.  “Alongside healthcare workers and first responders, priority should be given to the people who provide the public with basic essentials for good health and well-being, ranging from grocery store employees and communications personnel to truck drivers and utility workers,” says Dr. Kass.

The report recognizes that given the widespread and sustained nature of a pandemic, federal assistance will be spread thin and local jurisdictions must develop their own preparedness plans to ensure they are capable of sustained self-sufficiency. Encouraging and working with local businesses to develop their own response plans can help reduce the burden on local governments during a pandemic. Similarly, individuals and families who can afford it should do their best to prepare for any disaster. The paper notes, the more initiative the general public exercises in stockpiling several weeks' worth of food, water, paper goods, batteries medicines, and other needed supplies, the less vulnerable they will be to a break in the supply chain. In fact, the report emphasizes, it is important for leaders to communicate to the middle class and the wealthy that it is their responsibility to prepare for self-sufficiency in order to free up scarce supplies and allow first responders to direct their attention towards those too poor or vulnerable to prepare themselves.

The article lays out a set of ethics rules and principles to help guide and frame a pandemic response strategy that is evidence-based, transparent, fair, and recognizes the burdens the public may face. Dr. Kass points out the “consideration of ethics are critical not only in having respectful and inclusive discussion and engaging with the public fairly, but it also improves the likelihood of public health and medical success through increased cooperation and understanding of government plans.”
Other authors of this paper include: Jean Otto, DrPH, Senior Epidemiologist, Department of Defense, Global Emerging Infections Surveillance and Response System, Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research; Daniel O'Brien, JD, Principal Counsel, Office of the Maryland Attorney General, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene; and Mathew Minson, MD, Senior Medical Officer for Strategic Initiatives, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. 

Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic