Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

On the Israeli genocide in Gaza

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On the Israeli genocide in Gaza
    Posted: January 03 2009 at 12:29pm

Last updated: 6:26 am
January 1, 2009
Posted: 3:28 am
January 1, 2009

AS WORLD leaders and international organizations rush to rescue Hamas, Israel faces complex battlefield challenges - while fearing a stab in the back from the incoming Obama administration.

Israel's leaders are asking themselves two questions: Is the cost of sending sufficient ground forces into Gaza just too high? And, upon his inauguration on Jan. 20, will President Obama undercut Israel's counterterror offensive before its goals have been reached?

Israel can deal with self-aggrandizing busybodies, such as French President Nicolas Sarkozy, whose irresponsible attempts to force a cease-fire upon Israel benefit only Hamas. (Carla, can't you give that guy something to do?) But Israel would be hard pressed to fight on without American support.

As government leaders and generals in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv weigh the question of whether or not to send tanks into Gaza's streets, they hear the clock ticking. A major ground incursion would take time. Would Israel Defense Forces soldiers find themselves fighting on political quicksand?

Despite the frankly anti-Israeli and anti-Jewish reporting of this conflict in the global media, Israel's military performance not only has been technically superb, but has been as humane as possible under such difficult circumstances.

From earlier briefings in Israel, I know the IDF takes an almost absurd degree of care in its targeting. The questioning doesn't stop with "Is that the right building?" it then asks, "What should be our angle of attack to ensure any rubble falls into the street, not atop the primary school next door?" (Hamas consistently embeds terror facilities among innocent civilians.)

Hitting a terrorist hideout in an apartment building, for example, an F-16 would be armed with the smallest warhead that could do the job. If the terrorists are tucked into rooms on the fourth floor, targeting officers evaluate which window the guided missile should go through to kill the terrorists, while minimizing harm to civilians living below.

Any military veteran can tell that the Israelis are taking enormous care to spare civilians. Given the number of airstrikes thus far and the hundreds of tons of bombs dropped, it remains remarkable that so few innocents have been injured in such a dense urban environment.
homescoolmama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homescoolmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 3:55pm
Please don't call it a genocide - it is not. Some 400 plus dead, in 8 days,  had they wished to the Israeli's COULD have wiped out all of Gaza. The term genocide does not apply here. The only aid gettinginto Gaza is from the Israeli's no Arab states have dropped any aid in...
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 4:24pm

Genocide?????where is the TRUTH in this!!!!

WHAT TO DO????
Truth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 6:24pm
I was being sarcastic . . .read the article. It's called Irony!
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 12:58pm
Big%20smile sorry!!
WHAT TO DO????
homescoolmama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homescoolmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 4:17pm
I did read it, still a misleading title when you read just the titles on the first page of aft
Truth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 5:51pm
It's supposed to be misleading. Actually it's just supposed to be funny in a sarcastic way because its misleading. Sorry if you didnt think its funny.
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 6:44am

I have Goggled the word Genocide, and this is what Genocide Is
400,000 Dead in Darfur http://www.unrefugees.org/

http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/index.html

Recent to Past Occurrences
• Bosnia-Herzegovina: 1992-1995 - 200,000 Deaths
• Rwanda: 1994 - 800,000 Deaths
• Pol Pot in Cambodia: 1975-1979 - 2,000,000 Deaths
• Nazi Holocaust: 1938-1945 - 6,000,000 Deaths
• Rape of Nanking: 1937-1938 - 300,000 Deaths
• Stalin's Forced Famine: 1932-1933 - 7,000,000 Deaths
• Armenians in Turkey: 1915-1918 - 1,500,000 Deaths
• Author/Bibliography
So get your Genocides  in order 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 11:55am
Oh no .my thread got wiped... I guess I'll have to reword the title

Medclinician
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 12:23pm
Concerns of civilian deaths rise in Sri Lanka

The rebels are fighting to create an independent homeland for minority Tamils, who have suffered decades of marginalization by governments controlled by the Sinhalese majority. Some analysts say this is the military's best chance ever of defeating the rebels and ending the 25-year-old civil war, which has killed more than 70,000 people

And

Nobody cares

You kill one Arab and everybody screams bloody murder

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by DANNYKELLEY DANNYKELLEY wrote:

Genocide?????where is the TRUTH in this!!!!

Someone wiped my thread. I guess they didn't like the G word. I have restarted the thread. I put like 20 hours into my research on the history of the conflict, the years of waiting and it is gone... I think.

I am too sick to repost all of it. But I can still bring the news from inside of Gaza- beyond the border which are blocked and beyond the reporters which have been banned.

Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic