Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > Medical Intervention & Prevention
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

IMO a must see...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMO a must see...
    Posted: February 20 2006 at 6:54pm

Great site with good info, please take the time to visit and read through, I took notes and going to the health food store tomarrow.

http://www.huttoncommentaries.com/other/health/H5N1/bird_flu _pandemc_prep.htm

love in the past is a memory, love in the future is a fantasy, the only time to truly love is now.-buddha
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 7:05pm
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 7:20pm

The active  ingrediant in one of the anti virals the site I recommended talks about is from red wine, grapes and raisins!

Resveratrol...sounds promising!

Thanks

love in the past is a memory, love in the future is a fantasy, the only time to truly love is now.-buddha
calendula View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 5:27am
 Please in my opinion, in my very own opinion, for those of you thinking about resveratrol, resveratrol is great if you are tring to build your immune system, or maintain it... however will do very little to prevent or attack/combat the bird flu virus once it enters your system.  Because bird flu virus is one of the few viruses that attacks the RNA not the system DNA, it is believed that the stronger your immune system is the more aggresively the cytokine and chemokyne reaction will be, therefore greater potential for killing you faster.  THis virus attacks the immune system in a way that deregulates your won immune response, it mutates at a speed of 10,000 faster than a DNA attacking virus.  IN my opinion, resveratrol, astralagus, eleuthero, etc will in the long run have the potential to do more harm than good once this virus leads to the activation of the adaptive immune system and its response.
I am not here to reason, I am here to create"
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 6:44am

DB,

Thanks for the info, but some research I found stated that Reservatrol doesn't just stop replication at the viral level but inhibits a cellular (host) (us) function. Because of this it would be difficult for resistance to develope, and also would be effective regardless of the invading viruses type, strain or antigenic levels and reduces cytokine levels and has cytokine inhibiting properties.

I'm going to be looking around for more to support this. Take a look under the must see in medical interv and please give your opinion on that too.

thanks

Love and Light*************

daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 6:46am

Correction look under lowering the viral load in medical interv. My brain goes to mush at times.

Love and Light*****

calendula View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 7:03am

Thanks for the info, I will re-look into that.   As a natural health practitioner I thought otherwise, but it is good to exchange info as more and more people have additional information on this very grave situation. 

daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 8:45am

I hope I can find some more to back it up! How do you feel about the alkaline vs. acidic?  I have touched on it here and there and have tried a few things and it does seem to help. I wonder if Edgar Cayce was right when he said no communicable diseases can live in an alkaline enviroment?

Have you heard of Kevin Trudeau? What do u think of his stuff?

Love and Light******

calendula View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 9:42am
Yes, I tend to believe that an alkaline PH body fights off many, many diseases, a large number of cancer patients in tests show a rather acidic body, so there is extensive, valid research --that is why people are advised to eat cruciferous vegetables, among other nutrients etc etc in order to maintian the alkaline PH level in check..... Kevin Trudeau and his book, I find it to be shallow and prepared for the masses as a way to to provide the people very little information at surfac level, he is for most part stating and repeating information that can be found in natural health text books but to a shallower degree.  Some of his information on cancer and the politics of the FDA, pharmaceuticals , AMA etc, is in a book called "THe Politics of Cancer" by Dr.Samuel Epstein, by the way one of the most intelligent books ever written ( in my opinion) on the real issues surrounding the high incidence of cancer, the efforts of our government or lack off etc.  IT is an enlightening book!  check it out.
calendula View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 9:46am
You might notice that when I  post something I tend to say " in my opinion"  "research shows" etc, it is unethical for us, natural health practitioner/consultants to speak as if we are diagnosing or prescribing, we are educators.  --thought I clarify that!---
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 9:55am
I hope both of you keep posting your findings. Very informative. Thank you both
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 11:46am

DB,

I totally agree with you . My mom paid almost 500.00 just to be a member to his website which gives information I get from a 30.00 natural health book.

Anyway thanks for the PH info I'm going to look for a good list of foods. Have you ever read anything about Edgar Cayce? I guess while in one of his trances he suggested that eating carrots, celery or lettuce after every meal would be very beneficial, even to those that eat like crap basically. So I figures first maybe I'll add some carrot juice into my daily intake and go from there. I just can't seem to find any good lists.Any suggestions?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 11:55am

Please don't grasp at straws.

Research peer-reviewed medical literature or other confirmed stories. Don't waste time away from prepping and learning to chase the miracle cure being touted by someone trying to line their pocket with your hard-earned money.

daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 12:10pm
 Thanks for the advice , I am not chasing anything, see this is prepping for me knowing what might work and might not. This helps me personally deal with  this situation. Plus what I choose to learn and follow up on may just help me out in other areas of my life, not just the bf. I am interested in natural health with or without the bf. Everyone is different that's the beauty of it. 
calendula View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 1:03pm

I believe knowledge is power and we should feel empowered to learn new things that might keep ourselves leading and living healthier lives.  Allopathic medicine is learned out of textbooks, often mabnuals and coaching from pharmaceuticals reps that tell conventional doctors "if your client feel this, then you prescribe this" there is no individuality of any particular organ acting up and making us sick, it is the whole, body, mind and spirit that we will have to take a look at in order to maintain, regain or attain health. Unfortunately the USA is a country of "diagnosis and prescription"  not prevention-  Well enough of this  for now.  Anyway, from my experience I eat lightly steam organic broccoli, with organic mixed greens and some extra virgin olive oil with vinegar or lemon juice, I try to help my digestive system by doing the proper food combinations, I do not mix fruits and vegetables and eat them at the same time, or dairy with meats/fish or poultry if I eat any.  In preparation for the BF, I have my own dehydrator, I have prepared dehydrated fruits, I own a dehydrator for only($30.00), I have been able to makehomemade jerky among other things, and other nutritional varied items. I am also taking a look at the role of Lauric acid and the ability to reduce viral loads by way of penetrating the shell of lipid/envelope surrounded viruses including the BF, this fatty acid is contain in the  fruit of coconuts,  check it out.  I have  purchased organic coconut extracted oil as I find it remarkably interesting.  By no means I am  pretending to know the solution to cure and evade this BF, but people like me and others in this forum are sure trying to give ourselves a good chance to survive it if we contract it by being prepared! 

daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 1:34pm

Well put! I am so there with you on our medical doctors these days. IMO you are way better off educating your self these days rather than blindly trusting some of these Dr's out there!

Anyway, I have read a little bit about the food combo's but not much. What is the theory on that? What happens or doesn't when you mix? Is it an absorption thing?

I'm glad to hear you go organic, well ofcourse you do your a natural health practitioner I have been doing my best at getting everything organic..a bit more on the wallet but worth it, and the stores here are coming around I don't always have to go to the health food store for my organics. I have a really hard time with my other half, he doesn't understand that it's pure and at it's original form. I always tell him he should be way more worried about all of the words in his can of soup he can't pronounce. I did successfully 6 months ago switch out the kids corn dogs to morning stars veggie dogs and they never even noticed!

ok I'm rambling, sorry!

Love and Light*******

calendula View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 7:57am
DG:  In response to your question, several important aspects of proper food combination is to maximize nutrient absorption, aid your digestive system in breaking down the food ( too many people at young age wear down their digestive systems ) by allowing your system to utilize the proper enzymes.  Natural, fresh, seasonal foods are the best, seasonal is a key point in what we should consume.   I buy organic, and if not I have a small garden 20x20 that it is filled with lettuces, vegetables ( organically grown by me) during spring , summer and part of fall.  IT is a lot of work as I get up at 4:30 am to tend the garden and then go to work, and sometimes tend it again in the late evening, it is rewarding though!
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 9:25am

WOW, you are busy! I will definately read up more on the combinations. Thanks! Do you have your own practice, and if you don't mind me asking...only because I'm shopping around what school did you attend? I've been talking with Clayton College of natural health about different programs. I am a nurse and I am in a program for my B.S. and my original plan was to be a nurse practitioner yet practice natural health and still be able to order labs ect...for monitoring. yet lately it just makes more sense to go for the degree in Natural health , because I really don't want to be a part of modern medicine anymore. In emergencies, yes I've seen it do wonderful things but I want to be more a part of the education and prevention, ya know. Can you tell me a little about it and how you like it?

Love and Light****Jami 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 7:01pm
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:46am

That's good stuff Rick, thanks! Extra zinc and Vit C is the first thing I do with myself and my children when I start hearing sniffles,coughs and sneezes combined with a few other things and we really never have any bug that sticks around too long maybe a day or 2, seriously. So I really beleive this works. I didn't know that the zinc was directly related to cytokine levels, that's great to know!

Thanks again!!!

Love and Light****Jami

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 7:09am
Vitamin D

February 24, 2006

"The story starts about a decade ago, when research
revealed that the immune system of fruit flies produces a protein that
attacks bacteria and fungi, explained study author Dr. Robert L. Modlin,
chief of dermatology at the University of California, Los Angeles.

"In 1999, it became clear that there were equivalents in humans, a family
of proteins," Modlin said. "Each recognizes a defined biochemical from a
bacterium or virus."

Studies showed that in mice, the defense involved production of nitric
oxide to fight infection. However, that was not found to happen in human
cells, Modlin said.

Four years of work led to the finding that the human defense mechanism
involves vitamin D, he said. White blood cells are stimulated to convert
ordinary vitamin D -- which is produced, in large part, by exposure to
sunlight -- into an active form that is used to make a protein that kills
the tuberculosis bacteria.

"Our other main finding was that African-Americans, who are known to
be more susceptible to tuberculosis, have lower levels of vitamin D in
their blood," Modlin said. Melanin, the pigment that darkens skin,
absorbs the ultraviolet rays of sunlight, reducing vitamin D production in
blacks, he explained.

Cells grown in blood serum from black individuals produced 63 percent
less of the bacteria-fighting protein than those grown in blood serum
from white people. Adding vitamin D to the cultures increased production
of the protein, Modlin said.

One question raised by the discovery is whether giving vitamin D to
humans can do the same thing, he said, adding, "Were hoping this paper
will raise interest in that."

http://
www.healthday.com/view.cfm?id=531184
virusil View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 9:28pm

calendula,coconut oil ,contains lauric acid and monolaurin,very effective indeed,a good choice, digestive enzymes will do the work as well,specially proteases.

zinc will deactivate viruses as well but silver is more potent,i do have colloidal zinc,but i prefer the silver it is something

zinc might produce more cytokine and chemokine, and we dont need that in bf case

ignorance.
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 7:18pm

thatks for the info! I'de like to learn more about the silver if anyone gets a chance. All I know is in the health care feild we are directly using it on wounds and it's making great progress! We use it as a cream or silver colloidal patches over open wounds then cover them.

I'm alway's willing to learn!

Love and Light Jami*****

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic