Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > Medical Intervention & Prevention
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Vitamin D: Cellular body armour for BF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hardy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitamin D: Cellular body armour for BF
    Posted: February 20 2006 at 9:34pm

Saw this at the forum of Puritan dot com:

I don't necessarily believe it, and I would suggest that people take it with a grain of salt, but I'm already taking vitamin D supplements anyway (1200 iu a day), so I figure I might as well continue to take them. It can't hurt, and who knows?:"It would appear that Vitamin D may be very benefical in fighting the affects of H5N1. “The latest research on how H5N1 kills, and especially how it kills young and healthy people, indicates that the H5N1 virus provokes an excessive immune system reaction so deadly that it overwhelms the body’s defenses, according to a recent study by a Hong Kong University team. “We have found that infection with H5N1 viruses leads to the production of 10 times higher levels of cytokines [a protein] from human cells than normal human flu viruses,” said department of microbiology professor Malik Peiris, one of the authors of the report. "In many diseases (including H5N1 in humans), a “cytokine storm” is triggered by an infection. Cytokines are hormones that regulate the immune system. When released at the right time in the proper amounts, cytokines can help fight infections and regulate processes through out the body. But many cytokines are inflammatory and are damaging to the body if present in too high levels, or for too long.” “If excessive cytokine production is the primary trigger leading to death then there may be a simple, safe, and low cost treatment – vitamin D. A recent study indicates that vitamin D is a potent suppressor of macrophage activation which is the source of the excessive cytokine. Additional studies into the seasonal aspects of the occurrence of flu and the epidemiology support the claim while further studies document the role vitamin D has on the immune system, including the role vitamin D has in fighting infections. Also, another recent study from the Institute of Child Health in London indicates that children with low Vitamin D levels are eleven times more likely to get lung infections.” “Epidemics generally happen during the winter, or the rainy season, when they are getting low levels of Vitamin D being synthesised through their skin. This particular vulnerability can be safely prevented by supplementing with Vitamin D in tablet form."

Edited by Rick
Jim Hardy
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 6:35am

I think your right, it sounds good and  it's vit D so might as well just take it. Absorption is better when taken with Ca and Mg if you aren't already taking them!

Thanks for the info!

love and light******

love in the past is a memory, love in the future is a fantasy, the only time to truly love is now.-buddha
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 8:17pm
I take 2000 I.U. of vitamin D daily. I've done a lot of
research on it. It would be one of the first things I would incorporate into
a personal supplement regime to help withstand a Cytokine Storm. It
assists in maintaining normal T-cell response.

Vitamin D supplementation evokes positive responses in those with M.S.
an autoimmune disorder. It's something relativiely new. Canada has the
highest rate of M.S. in the world. It has to do with sunshine and exposure
to it. Oral supplementation helps.

There are also a number or other good suggestions posted eg., tumeric,
green tea, great antioxidants - consider them a cellular body armour/
Kevlar.

Edited by Rick
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 7:17am

Thanks Rick!

Has anyone thought about taking some COQ10? Haven't heard anything about it on here but it is wonderful..been taking it for a year now. It increases oxygen levels in the body, which when our oxygen levels are good a lot of great things happen. Dr's are using it now for treatment of heart failure and misc heart problems, anyway someone were to catch this thing it would be helpful because you will be deprived from oxygen in the disease process. At high doses this is putting cancer patients into remission due to the fact that cancer can not live in a high oxygen enviroment.

Something to think about!

Love and Light*** Jami

love in the past is a memory, love in the future is a fantasy, the only time to truly love is now.-buddha
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 7:25am

DG... yep, I take Co-Q10 and it's in my preps.  I take the 150 mg twice a day. 

This stuff is God's own miracle as far as I'm concerned!

SZ

calendula View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 7:46am

Hello DG:

COQ 10 is great as it has been found to help with cancer, macular degeneration, migraines, helping brain function, against hearing loss and many many other benefits.  Overall it helps slow down the aging process of our system as a whole, especifically since it seems to work at the mitochondrial level.  Powerful combo= Vitamin E and COQ 10. 

I am not here to reason, I am here to create"
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 7:56am
I too love this stuff I find my energy has increased, and they wanted to put me on Toporol XL (beta blocker) for blood pressure and I said nope I think I can find an "alternative". Sure enough COQ10 for 1 yr B/P is beautiful. The research is so great that cardiologists and oncologists are perscribing it, I 've seen it in the hospital, a few of the cardios use it but only one of our oncologists so far! Anyway thanks for the feedback.
calendula View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 8:00am
another little bit of education, hawthorn berries ( research has shown) it helps prevent cardiovascular problems as well.  --free education is great--
daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 8:28am

Yes, I have heard of that too when i was working at a health food store a long time ago, it was interesting to see certain people come back for certain things that worked for them and Hawthorne berries was one of them the man used it for his blood pressure! You are so interesting to talk to DB thanks agin for all of your feedback.

Have you read the viral load thing yet on Medical Interventions? I haven't had any replies back :(

Love and Light**** Jami

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 8:21am
Originally posted by daisygirl daisygirl wrote:

Thanks Rick!

Has anyone thought about taking some COQ10? Haven't heard
anything about it on here but it is wonderful..been taking it for a year
now. It increases oxygen levels in the body, which when our oxygen levels
are good a lot of great things happen. Dr's are using it now for treatment
of heart failure and misc heart problems, anyway someone were to catch
this thing it would be helpful because you will be deprived from oxygen
in the disease process. At high doses this is putting cancer patients into
remission due to the fact that cancer can not live in a high oxygen
enviroment.

Something to think about!

Love and Light*** Jami

Good point. I take it daily. I suggested some to a friend,
he was anticipating dental surgery, I said that it would help his gums heal
faster, and exert positive effects on caridiac tissue, ( he suffered from
mitral valve prolapse).

Long story short, after 30-years he no longer has mitral valve prolapse,
according to his puzzled cardiologist following a stess-test.

You'll also need to prep other organs, in addition to the heart, like, liver
and kidneys. I'll have speak to that later, with some simple things that can
be done. If you can keep these major organs healthy you'll have more
than I fighting chance.

daisygirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 8:38am

That's pretty awsome no more mitral valve prolapse? WOW. Would love to hear you other suggestions! Your posts are great, very informative!

love and Light *****Jami

calendula View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 8:40am

FYI:  Drain your lymph system on  daily basis,(massage) it will help with detoxyfing the system.  Research has shown herbs such as burdock, dandelion root and red clover are one of the strongest blood purifiers ( combo of 3)  you can also substitute yellow dock as an alternate for red clover.   In addition, proper maintenance of our major purifying/elimination of toxins organs being; ( skin, liver, kidneys and lymph system)is a must to maintain ourselves in a homeostatic state.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 9:12am

I take vitamin d too because I found ever year I get slim and healthy ever summer and gain twenty pounds every winter so I started taking them and I found my depression disappeared and I lost weight again .  

I also take a multivitamin and calcium

I use garlic for colds I actually do mash a garlic in honey then serve it with dinner  and rosemary for energy (very good for thyroid)plus alot of natural spices in my cooking.

I follow the belief of doing what wont hurt might help .

FluMeNot View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMeNot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 8:54am
Does anyone know if Hawthorne works by thinning the blood?
Flu me once, shame on you......
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 9:53am
Clin Cardiol. 2004 May;27(5):295-9.

Coenzyme Q10 in patients with end-stage heart failure awaiting
cardiac transplantation: a randomized, placebo-controlled study.

Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Heart-Lung Transplant Unit, Rabin
Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Potah Tikva, Israel.

BACKGROUND: The number of patients awaiting heart transplantation is
increasing in proportion to the waiting period for a donor. Studies have
shown that coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) has a beneficial effect on patients
with heart failure. HYPOTHESIS: The purpose of the present double-blind,
placebo-controlled, randomized study was to assess the effect of CoQ10
on patients with end-stage heart failure and to determine if CoQ10 can
improve the pharmacological bridge to heart transplantation.

METHODS: A prospective double-blind design was used. Thirty-two
patients with end-stage heart failure awaiting heart transplantation were
randomly allocated to receive either 60 mg U/day of Ultrasome--CoQ10
(special preparation to increase intestinal absorption) or placebo for 3
months. All patients continued their regular medication regimen.
Assessments included anamnesis with an extended questionnaire based
partially on the Minnesota Living with Heart Failure Questionnaire, 6-min
walk test, blood tests for atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) and tumor necrosis
factor (TNF), and echocardiography.

RESULTS: Twenty-seven patients completed the study. The study group
showed significant improvement in the 6-min walk test and a decrease in
dyspnea, New York Heart Association (NYHA) classification, nocturia, and
fatigue. No significant changes were noted after 3 months of treatment in
echocardiography parameters (dimensions and contractility of cardiac
chambers) or ANF and TNF blood levels.

CONCLUSIONS: The administration of CoQ10 to heart transplant
candidates led to a significant improvement in functional status, clinical
symptoms, and quality of life. However, there were no objective changes
in echo measurements or ANF and TNF blood levels. Coenzyme Q10 may
serve as an optional addition to the pharmacologic armamentarium of
patients with end-stage heart failure. The apparent discrepancy between
significant clinical improvement and unchanged cardiac status requires
further investigation.

* In the event of a cytokine storm involving the heart this might be worth
investigating. The virus is capeable of migrating outside the lungs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?
cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15188947&itoo l=
pubmed_Abstract
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 10:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic