Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vets are watched as possible terrorists-also song
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Vets are watched as possible terrorists-also song

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vets are watched as possible terrorists-also song
    Posted: April 17 2009 at 8:39am
Though few may read this thread - I have included a song I did on the second post. So - once again - run away - Brothers in Arms - is show my support for our fighting troops all over the world - more on the second post... John A. / Medclinician

With the closing of the lab, and now living in a rambilng big old house, our "team" continues much more online than physically meeting. Unfortunately, the rambling old house has slick wooden stairs, and in a rush to catch the dogs who had got out, yours truly fell down them breaking at least one rib, and possibly several other bones.

As I sat in the veterans ER, we watched TV and suddenly a woman came on with a quote to the effect that "veteran's who were very opinionated, anti-abortion, or not possibly in total sync with our foreign policy, were being placed on a list as being possible terrorist. One very old man (close to older than God pardon the expression) rattled out - someone should hit that woman in the face for so humiliating the very soldiers who are in Iraq giving their lives in the service of our country.

Well, I am not the type inclined to be hitting anyone in the face, but the remark did sting. And despite all the talk of change, it rang of the Muslim scriptures, while we say Muslims are not our enemies, that basically states any action is justified against a Kuffar (non-believer) - any act of violence. This is the foundation of terrorism.

It is disturbing to me to the core, the methods used to torture prisoners which were basically inhuman and violate every Christian principle I believe in. In terms of the Geneva converntion, even in the most brutal act of war, we are not allowed to subject prisoners to cruel and inhuman treatment.

What was done to these people gave many of the interrogators nightmares. There is no doubt at all that many innocent people with absolutely no legal protection, or as Abraham Lincoln said, certain rights, were horribly mistreated. They were not all terrorists. At the core of our legal system is the doctrine that all are innocent until proven guilty. Since war in itself is a barbaric and inhuman preoccupation of the human species, and the acts done in war are sometimes difficult to justify, so is this type of behavior.  And there is no doubt that much has been done in the name of defending our nation against 'terrorists', to those who were innocent. The idea of collateral damage becomes more and more acceptable as we evolve in a world of fear rather than love and cooperation. In ancient times, many is the village who simply watched as the more violent fought and butchered each other and continued with their daily lives, despite which flag was flying over the castle.

(I lost a bit of this post) and perhaps that is just as well. 

In terms of the ideas of 'terrorists' during the last administration we were in a similar state as in the cold war when so many high profile people were accused of being communists. It was a witch hunt. The song remains the same, only this tune is terrorist rather than communist - and sometimes is synonymous with holding a view or opinion critical of the current or past administrations. It is quite alright for a political candidate to shred a standing president, and many of the policies and practices of Bush were shredded during the campaign. Now we have a double standard. Those practices are now - undesirable - and yet there is no doubt somewhere people in custody, or captured in other countries are being rigorously interrogated.  Those who violated public trust in economy remain basically unpunished. The internet companies and carriers who allowed and still allow spying on private citizens without warrants or court order are shielded by the government from public law suit.

And now - well the horror of a a prison's history we followed and observed from the inside- is now closed and only a very few persons who committed truly inhuman acts, have been punished. Most people do not like it. Many people are afraid, and most are silent. In talking to the Turks our President said something to the effect of let us not focus on the past act of the genocide and horror done to maybe millions and let that distract us from the an effort to work together. This absolute politically safe position of refusing to condemn or make them a country responsible for what it has done, I would say- those who ignore the past - you all know the rest. We seem to have the most forgiving inclination now of true atrocities done in the last year. Yes, we won't do it any more, but we are not going to suffer the political damage on making those accountable who truly did almost enough to destroy our country, our liberty, and our pursuit of happiness. Like an unfaithful wife or someone who truly betrays you TPTB softly whisper, "but that was in the past."

As a Christian, I find it difficult to justify torture for any reason. As a human being, I find it difficult to justify the killing of innocent civilians, or the acceptability of collateral damage as okay. There are instances of naked freezing human beings, subjected to multiple simultaneous inhuman acts, which make the Roman crucifixion look like an act of mercy.

As Jesus said- there will always be wars and rumors of wars. There will always be prisons where people are left to be killed with unlocked cells, and corruption and abuse of power.

So now, I guess we veterans are on the list. I don't like lists. I don't want to be on anyone's list. In fact, with the Biometrics Project, we will all soon be on the list. A list which we did not consent to be on, and one which through without our permission we are daily spied on and our computers are crawled through portals that set up secret files that log our emails, our surfing, our credit cards, and all that is personal and private. Basically not only is information collected, it is sold to tens of thousands of daily torturers who almost invade every orifice except one- with their constant drone of white noise. 

It was stated by the Supreme court- there is no reasonable expectation of privacy on the Internet. There is no reasonable expectation of justice in any country. We do not have a justice system, as we once did, but a legal system. If one has the money, power, and good lawyers, one can virtually get away with murder, and so have several prominent celebrities.

To disagree is free speech. To disagree with a plan is treason. I will stick with the first and let God deal with the second.

I am not happy with many things and policies that exist. The whole purpose of the election was to change some of the darkest things which existed which were destroying us as a country and ruining our image in the eyes of the world.

So- some us choose not to die and rather focus our efforts on helping others and preparing for the Pandemic. It is not moral cowardice, it is practicality. Nature has its own way of righting wrongs, and the human species is the most dangerous virus on this planet, and will destroy from 20-30% of all living things before the end of the century because we live for pleasure, convenience, and selfishly with little regards for the consequences of our lifestyle on the earth. We are one of the most selfish, corrupt, generations, or group of people that has ever existed. We are the only species that kill each other and other creatures for fun. Not only do we do it, we allow each other and our young children watch it on cable, where hundreds of people die, by the hour for entertainment. It is sick. The desire for instant gratification, the lack of compassion for the suffering and dying not only in our country, but those billions around the world, is close to barbaric, despite our extreme knowledge and advanced technology. We are (some) of the darkest wolves set free to prowl, with very little to inhibit people from living lives of hedonism, self-centeredness, and lack of natural affection, with a growing tide of divorce, neglect of our elderly unparalleled by any other nation compared to America. Few nations put their old in institutions to die and abandoned those who gave them life and raised them. It is sad. I lived with and took care of my parents until they died.  Having worked in over 100 convalescent hospitals I have seen the face of despair and those waiting to die with no one. All this has been foretold, the lack of natural affection and caring for the family, and each other. Our children are programmed to mimic role models who have no depth, little character, and looks and youth have become our gods. Do I sound 60? That's what living a long time will do for you. Open your eyes.

Many of us will live to walk among the dead.. in large numbers. We didn't start the fire, we won't light the torch, we will just in quiet faith wait until all things right themselves and we once again will have a better world and many who have done so much harm and hurt to their fellow humans will be the collateral damage of nature and God, and the sense of ultimate justice for that which is inherently wrong.

Anyone standing against a powerful force, as is the Muslim believe as well as Christians, will not resist it. It will quickly overwhelm and destroy all but the disincarnate that threaten its power.

Since it is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness, it is better to live and try to help- and hope that through normal channels those in power will right the wrongs, and use their positions to serve the people and not corporations and special interest groups.

The Pandemic may be very bad. It may even be from a virus that we create ourselves to destroy others and then wind up unleashing it on our own people. And as we walk the fields of those who have perished, perhaps those of us who survive will start again, and find what we have lost- build up again, stone by stone, the temple which has been destroyed.

There may not be justice in the legal system, but some of us do believe there is justice in the universe.

Its an old theme- and actually we are not the first civilization on the Earth, nor will we be the last. I watch the tired faces of my fellow fighters and veterans  in the ER, the old men and women who served their country as I did. My throat tightens, I am such an old and sentimental and tearful softy at times- and I care deeply and love those who share this country and the hard times we find ourselves in. We believed what we were told, what we were promised. We paid our taxes and worked hard. We believed in the American dream and we support many many presidents who made many many promises.

I'll bet I am not the only one who feels this way and though silent, I know you are out there, and see what is to be seen and what will be thereafter. Patience. There is nothing as sure as change.

Medclinician
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2009 at 2:23pm
I could not resist this and also I am sure some of us need a break - all the doom and gloom. I rarely post my singing - and this is not American Idol.. but I love to sing and play -

Brothers in Arms in a deep and moving song to me

As we did in Vietnam - some of us were called to be brothers in arms in wars and things so much bigger than us. My heart is with every soldier in every country, called to serve and who risk their lives and very way of life- to fight and do in honor - the greatest thing one can be called to do - to risk one's life for one's country.

Not everyone fires, or protects, but so many more support the arms of our military throughout the world.

Although I am deeply saddened sometimes by things - it is important I always make it clear.. I love America - and although not the best voice.. it is truly sincere...

These mist covered mountains (West Virginia)
Are a home now for me
But my home is the lowlands (California)
And always will be
Some day you'll return to
Your valleys and your farms
And youll no longer burn
To be brothers in arms

Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
Ive watched all your suffering
As the battles raged higher

And though they did hurt me so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

Theres so many different worlds
So many differents suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Now the suns gone to hell
And the moons riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die
But its written in the starlight
And every line on your palm
Were fools to make war
On our brothers in arms

Medclinician singing

God be with our fighting troops ..

Medclinician
abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2009 at 2:29am
Med I think sometimes you are very conflicted on the one hand you speak well of the men and women who wear the uniform and in your words

"As we did in Vietnam - some of us were called to be brothers in arms in wars and things so much bigger than us. My heart is with every soldier in every country, called to serve and who risk their lives and very way of life- to fight and do in honor - the greatest thing one can be called to do - to risk one's life for one's country. "

Then you turn around and say these things.

"It is disturbing to me to the core, the methods used to torture prisoners which were basically inhuman and violate every Christian principle I believe in. In terms of the Geneva converntion, even in the most brutal act of war, we are not allowed to subject prisoners to cruel and inhuman treatment.   "First of all Med, the Geneva convention was w ritten for uniformed soldiers, not to protect terrorists who are too big of cowards to put on a uniform but instead wear the clothes of the civillian so they can hide and then run out and strike and then run back and hide some more amongst the women and children.  Second of all, my friend re read the Bible in the Old testament where GOD himself orders entire tribes of people who came against Israel destroyed "every man, woman, child and even livestock".
If you think that this is the fist war where cruel treatment has been used despite the Geneva convention in how we or anyone else treats prisioners you are very naive.

you say "They were not all terrorists. At the core of our legal system is the doctrine that all are innocent until proven guilty"I did not ever see in our constitution where we are obligated to treat a enemy who has drawn first blood on our nation, with the law of our land. That is reserved for American citizens not enemies of our country.

Then you say "And there is no doubt that much has been done in the name of defending our nation against 'terrorists', to those who were innocent" this is war and war is hell, when a handfull of crazed terrorists chooses to butcher our people as was done on 9/11 then they better hear loud and clear we do not and will not stand for this. Their citizens instead of handing out candy and dancing in the streets need to be so concerned   that this never happen that they instead weed out those amongst them who would comimit such horrible acts of violence.

you say this about the soldiers at Gitmo "And now - well the horror of a a prison's history we followed and observed from the inside- is now closed and only a very few persons who committed truly inhuman acts, have been punished." You need to get real and hop off the old vet turned hippie train and get a clue, there are guys from all over the world who go to Vegas and pay to have the things done to them that were so terrible as you say in Gitmo. Womens underwear, being forced to masterbate, posing for nude photos vs having your head cut off while you are wide awake gasping for your last breath as your windpipe is cut and then some sick sob hold your head up as a prize. You dont fight guys like that with poetry and song. if you make a mistake such as that, little innocent kids like your own son die because eventually they will find their way into the hills of West VA. In fact, it has been reported that some already have training camps set up there. It is also reported that they seek to smuggle suitcase nukes into this country, possibly even lethal virus and we all know what happens then all too well. All those conspiracy theorists can not come up with a good excuse for why the loving fanatical Muslim has cut off those heads and how the Americans can somehow be blamed for it. Until they do, I will believe they are barbaric and do not value human life in the same way we do.

then you say this about who, the soldier the former administration or the soldier who carried out the orders?? "
We seem to have the most forgiving inclination now of true atrocities done in the last year. Yes, we won't do it any more, but we are not going to suffer the political damage on making those accountable who truly did almost enough to destroy our country, our liberty, and our pursuit of happiness." So let me get this staright we are barbarians when we punsish those who come and kill us and our fellow citizens, but when it comes to punishing our own who are trying to protect us we are NOT to be forgiiving in nature?? Show me what Obama is doing any different, I see not one thing.

You say "As I sat in the veterans ER, we watched TV and suddenly a woman came on with a quote to the effect that "veteran's who were very opinionated, anti-abortion, or not possibly in total sync with our foreign policy, were being placed on a list as being possible terrorist. One very old man (close to older than God pardon the expression) rattled out - someone should hit that woman in the face for so humiliating the very soldiers who are in Iraq giving their lives in the service of our country. " This is your man for change Med, he continues to go after the terrorists and even though Gitmo is closed and water boarding may be outlawed there is not one doubt in my mind that those prisioners who are to be interogated by means we pretend to no longer approve of are simply handed over to other ruthless arabs to interogate for us, or it is done by mercenaries for hire who are not bound by conventions or constitutions. Your guy wants to label those who fought for their country, those who own guns a constitutionally protected right, those who voted for or support Ron Paul for Gods sakes, those who are Christian, those who SUPPORT The constitution as terrorists. Bush  did some crappy things but this one takes the cake in my book. Do you know what this means SSDD if not figure it out.

Now it is not just the political or the soldiers you sice and dice but the whole American people in general when you say these things.
"the lack of compassion for the suffering and dying not only in our country, but those billions around the world, is close to barbaric,"rewind those tapes of 9/11 and even for those who want to believe this was a inside job, that would only speak to the evil few who did it, what I saw was the vast majority of Americans helping their fellow man and woman. You truly dishonor the brave fireman, police, construction workers, church members who made sandwiches and fed all of them, medical staff who worked around the clock, they were anything but barbaric but were true Americans and true heroes. It was not just there it was also in OK city, it was in Katrina also, plenty volunteered and gave money to help the fools who could not get out of New Orleans with five days notice but by the millions managed to get to DC for the inaguration. There are many civic organizations and Christian organizations such as Operation Blessing that are still there helping, take a look at Fargo and the people up all day and night sand bagging to save their city. I dont know what America you live in, I suspect one made of bad trips from old sixties hallucinagenics because your America is only as good as you make it or want it to be. I see some darn good people, too bad for you that powerful anti American trip you were on still continuess to bug you to this day.

Once again you hit your fellow American "We are (some) of the darkest wolves set free to prowl, with very little to inhibit people from living lives of hedonism, self-centeredness, and lack of natural affection, with a growing tide of divorce, neglect of our elderly unparalleled by any other nation compared to America. Few nations put their old in institutions to die and abandoned those who gave them life and raised them."  If America is so bad, why dont you go live in one of these wonderful other socieites who so value their elders lives. What would those societies be?? China? In China they abandon children if they have a cleft palate, they let babies born with Down syndrome starve to death, I can not believe grandma and grandpa are anything but a burden, if they could they would be dumped also, but gramps and granny can talk babies can not. How about Russia? Or maybe those wonderful Arab countries you know where they brutally murder their own daughters for the crime of being raped. Maybe you speak of Africa where they rape little girls under age two to protect themselves from Aids, or they force a mother to cut off her one childs hands or they threaten to shoot the b rains out of the other child if she does not  comply. How about jolly old England, where the entire populace waits months for any type of medical treatment, such as Canada to our north, the wealthy Canadians high tail it as fast as they can over our borders to get the needed medical tests. Someone over there in Canada must have voted that medical system in, not realizing how badly it must effect the old and dying. Those banana republics do not even bear going into their value of life is so low, the Asians in general you saw in Vietnam how they could booby trap their own kids, so dont be too harsh on us terrible Americans. I have worked in nursing homes also, and the people who work there love and care for the elderly no one knows why people end up there, for some they never had children, for others they would not impose on their children, for yet others there is no money to have the convience to stay at home and care for a elderly parent, for some the diseases they have alone makes home care impossible. YOu if you worked there know that better then anyone.

This one here strikes me as particularily hypocritical "Our children are programmed to mimic role models who have no depth, little character, and looks and youth have become our gods. Do I sound 60? That's what living a long time will do for you. Open your eyes" My friend I have been on this board for many years, and if memory serves me right, are you not married to a woman who is young enough to be your daughter?? Do you not have a son who could be your great grandson?? What made you seek looks and youth, were there no women your own age available to date? To answer your question you do not sound sixty, or you would know better then to put something like that on here, when you have previiousely posted photos and stats on your own family. Who is closer to your age, Bluebird or her mother? Tell the truth.

abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2009 at 2:57am
This one deserves a post of its own, it is so vile. You have put down the American people, the American government, the American soldier, American presidents, American lifestyles and as if that was not all bad enough, you had to add this to really top it all off.

"As a Christian, I find it difficult to justify torture for any reason. As a human being, I find it difficult to justify the killing of innocent civilians, or the acceptability of collateral damage as okay. There are instances of naked freezing human beings, subjected to multiple simultaneous inhuman acts, which make the Roman crucifixion look like an act of mercy. "

You show us where you can back this up, that innocent civillians were treated worse then Christ who suffered and died on the cross. That is nothing but liberal crap that is not at all based in fact but supposition or someone being dumb enough to believe the word of the enemy who would cut off the heads of our citizens. If you can not back this up with fact, you have insulted not only the entire military, their families but every American citizen no matter the nationality.

That make the Roman crusifiction look like a act of mercy. You need to go see a Dr. and get on some meds. Med. Hopefully your broken ribs have you on so much pain medication you are just not thinking straight and that is why you would say such a blasphemous thing.

May God forgive you and he will, for saying such outlandish statements, I thought I had heard the best you had to offer up, but you continue to get on these rants and out do yourself.

I feel oblidged to read them and reply to them,  because people who talk like you do make me sick. What exactly did you do in Vietnam? Wave peace signs and hand out love beads? We know better. I thank you for your service but the next time your over at the Vets hospital, copy some of your posts and let the Dr.s read them. They have some good medications to help you out. I know you always write such horrible things about your fellow man and then never fail to point out that YOU took care of your wealthy father so you exhonerate yourself from the sins of the rest of us, jerks who call ourselves Americans. Ohter soldiers do bad thngs and commit terrible acts, but you forget Lt. Calley. I am 53 with several friends who were Viet vets and they do not have pretty stories either, nor do my fathers world war two era folks, war is hell, did I mention that before?? You need to get a grip.

Before you ever again, put down the Americans way of being so barbaric, take a stroll down memory lane, with what the Native American culture did to their old and dying, many were taken out of the village to freeze to death, because there were now useless to the tribes. If a American Indian woman had twins, they were set out to die because they believed that the spirit was split. Some tribes burried men in the sand to their necks and let red ants eat their eyes out and then their brains. People were burned at the stake and scalped. It does not stop there. Where I grew up in South Dakota the great Souix nation or Lakota as they prefer to be called drank turpintine when they could not get their hands on booze, they sold their daughters to construction workers for a six pack of beer. Flash forward my sister in law worked with the Rosebud Souix 80% of their children have fetal alchohol syndrome. That was two years ago. Now, your son is part native American is he not? You clean up your own house and try to   right some sins there, instead of pounding the crap out of the rest of us all day everyday. You need to set the example for him, and that is not to ignore the log in your own eye as you constantly seek the speck in your fellow Americans.

All civilizations can and will be cruel, no one has the market on it. I get sick of guys like you that always, always, pee on America first. The truth is, the world we all want, will not come until we have paradise restored. If I was God after a crack like the last one you made I would make us wait a while longer. Good thing I am not God and do not get to judge people, and guess what, neither do you. Next time write your rant down in a notebook for yourself, if not expect me to find you and hold you accountable. Unless I get kicked off and if I do, there is no more worthy cause to be booted for then defending my country, God and my people.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2009 at 9:07am
hello abcdefg - this is a line with a very big hook. I have answers for everything you have said and extensive knowledge about things I really am not at liberty to disclose. Sometimes it is wiser to simply let stuff like this go by. I love my country and I also am aware of many things.

Medclinician
reality check View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2009 at 9:18am
Med ....with all your claims and name dropping I swear you must be forrest gumps brother. Give it up...your not the next SK nor are you and your book going to save the world. I've held my comments to myself but this is getting foolish..RC
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2009 at 10:09am
Originally posted by reality check reality check wrote:

Med ....with all your claims and name dropping I swear you must be forrest gumps brother. Give it up...your not the next SK nor are you and your book going to save the world. I've held my comments to myself but this is getting foolish..RC

Reality Check - this was a hook and I grabbed it. After a few paragraphs in I picked up on it. The Survival Guide will not save the world, it will save some lives. Yeah, it could have got foolish real quick. If you are as informed as you appear to be, then stuff like this is a real temptation to jump on. Novels could be written on the last 8 years administration and will be. I won't be writing any.

Over time the public will become more informed, as they are becoming. As a Canadian, I am sure you have some interesting perspectives on the U.S.  Also, not patriotism for the U.S. as not a citizen of the U.S. I do not wish to be another anyone. I simply wish to be myself and try and not only provide data for the Pandemic, but be out there in it trying to save people's lives. Are you willing to run with that one? Go out there and help us during the Pandemic?

Have you ever posted what you all are doing up there in Canada to prep for this?  I know we have some stuff that is coordinated with Canada. With all the birds, when it hits, as in SARS, Canada will be hit hard. Thanks for the R.C. The name has value really. I don't have the time to get into the sins of our administrations. Thanks for the reminder on the name dropping. I try to keep a handle on that.

Medclinician

abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2009 at 1:15am
I love my country also and am aware of many things I am not at liberty to discuss. We can all  say that to defend ourselves whether or not it is true is another story. I can debate you point for point, with my insder information and prove my points

The fact remains as I pointed out you write in one place what wonderful people soldiers are and then say in another place that they tortured innocent citizens so bad it made roman crusifiction look merciful.

In My Humble Opinion, there is not one iota of difference between the parties, they all work for the same big banking handlers called the Federal Reserve and the World Fiance. The ones with the money pull the strings. They keep us fighting each other, so their attrocities go unnoticed.

Bush passed the laws taking away the freedoms, based on our fear of nine eleven and the desire to stop it from happening again at all costs. Obama is not re instating any of those rights, but is keeping the status quo, in addition he is creating more and more government programs which will entrap people to the government. Soon we will be looking to them for everything, and paying our paychecks to them in their entirity to pay for your homes, food, insurance.

Anyone who does not like it, can be labeled a enemy combatant and dealt with accordingly, mark my words, Obama will dance the same way Bush did. If the common folks ever got togetrher and figured this out, we could gain cvontrol of our country back again.

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2009 at 12:58pm

God Damn ABCDEFG, That was one of the best posts I've read in a LONG time.

Kudos man, kudos. Clap

Originally posted by Med Med wrote:

extensive knowledge about things I really am not at liberty to disclose

Like what, Med?

Med I think you totally missed the point of vets being labeled as potential terrorists. We are being labeled as such simply because we happen to have a little real world experience under our belts. Because of this experience we tend to not believe the garbage that the Obama Administration is cramming down our collective throats. Because of this rejection we can not be counted on to support the craziness, and thus are the enemy.

If you own a gun and ammunition, if you have a Ron Paul (Or any libertarian/constitutionalist) or pro second amendment sticker on your car, if you dare criticize the administration for it's fiscal excesses, you are the enemy and must be vilified. This is a page from Hitler's book. As a child of history, was that not one of the games Hitler played just before a fire at the Reichtag?

They said that there were large numbers of potential Right wing Recruits from Veterans, but according to the "very Prominent Civil Rights Organization," AKA, the Southern Poverty Law Center, (Who are wackos in their own right) exactly nine out of the 320 potential recruits into White Supremist wacko actually became full fledged wacknuts. Out of 42 million, that's right I said FORTY TWO MILLION, veterans 320 were possible recruits, nine became members. That's not even 1% of 1% of .001%!!! You've got a better chance of getting struck by lightning while simultaneously winning the Powerball jackpot during a planetary alignment and they feel the need to warn Police Officers about these people? Furthermore they put a potential Right Wing extremist higher on the list of potential terrorists than Hamas or Hezbollah. Somewhere along the line, things have gone horribly awry.

I read your post thinking that you were going to tackle the reason for the labeling, or at the very least make an even paltry attempt to defend us. Instead you attack not only us, you attack the country I fight, and potentially die for. You don't get to escape with the "I don't have to explain because I'm not allowed to" line either. I have been to GTMO, and brother it really wasn't bad at all, I've been to Abu Gharib, and let me tell you, there's a STARK difference between being threatened with a Caterpillar bug and having women's panties pulled over your head and what might happen to me were I to be captured, yet you simply have to open your mouth and cry about how poorly we treat them. Get real Med.

Since I've been there, and you say you know something I don't, why don'cha go ahead and spit it out. Or can you?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2009 at 3:26pm
[QUOTE=abcdefg]I love my country also and am aware of many things I am not at liberty to discuss. We can all  say that to defend ourselves whether or not it is true is another story. I can debate you point for point, with my insder information and prove my points

I began working with the government at Lockheed Missiles and Space in 1967. We worked on the Poseidon, Polaris, and Nuclear missile projects. I last worked with the government aside from medical research and technology a few years ago. That is a long time. Unless you are a soldier, as I was, I don't know how much more inside you could be. If you are Intelligence, NSA, Homeland, FBI, or CIA none of them are allowed to post on chat boards and claim any affiliation to any of those organizations- much less even ellude to special information. There is an old song though which states simply -I'm not aware of too many things- I know what I know, if you know what I mean. There is an even more appropriate ancient Chinese proverb- those who say don't know- those who know- don't say.

The fact remains as I pointed out you write in one place what wonderful people soldiers are and then say in another place that they tortured innocent citizens so bad it made roman crusifiction look merciful.

There is a difference between a fighting solider and a subcontracted black op in Europe torturing someone. These sites have now been shut down as has the prison. This is unclassified knowledge and any person familiar with the military has no trouble discriminating between interrogators and our fighting troops on the line. As a bible student and medical person, we were pretty versed on the method used by the ancient Romans in crucifixion.  It was very bad, but still it only lasted for days. Some people were put in solitary confinement and tortured for months. Waterboarding, stripping people naked and laying them in icy environments, playing metal music and blasting it 24 hours a day, creating abusive machines to torture female prisoners- terrorizing people with dogs and defecating on their heads while filming it I consider extreme and barbaric. Any big debate on this. They spit on Jesus. They didn't pee and defecate on him. I think they kind of outdid the abuse on this one. This is way over the line. This is on video, has been posted, and there is no doubt was done. We saw videos of this up to six months before it hit the media on the net and through contacts. These could only be posted once they hit certain sites and were public, or .gov referred to them specifically or generally. Some of the individuals abusing prisoners were court martialed and went to prison.

Yes, extremists have a flair for cutting off heads, appendages, and we had a short rash of videos. Were all of these videos terrorist made? You have a clear English voice in one video saying "is that it? Are we finished? and a profile of a cap- want to one for one on that one?

I see no argument here. There is no excuse for urinating on a naked helpless person, sorry- stacking up different types of torture doesn't cut it. As you review what has been publicly released what could not be done by our interrogators was subcontracted to professional out of country persons.

All of this is public knowledge. I honor our fighting soldiers and troops. I respect them for their sacrifice and many many of my friends died in Vietnam. One was awarded a Purple heart, and multiple medals for head injuries and limb injuries which effects him until today.
Those are the men and women I am proud of and will always respect for their service.

Are you one of those? Do you wear the medals we do- have you given years to serve your country? Then I would truly respect your "inside knowledge." Knowing facts is not being a patriot. It is serving ones country or supporting those with real commitment beyond words.

In My Humble Opinion, there is not one iota of difference between the parties, they all work for the same big banking handlers called the Federal Reserve and the World Fiance. The ones with the money pull the strings. They keep us fighting each other, so their attrocities go unnoticed.

Understand abcdefg, this not personal. I am critical of many policies and things done, but I support our government and our leaders. It is always important to be clear on this. I just to be honest have a lot more  respect for a master sergeant non-com than an officer. I saluted, obeyed, and was discharged with honor, but the non-coms were the fighters, the work horses, the backbone of the American military. I will always feel this way. OBL jotted in his notebook which he carries with the Shining Star (video) - (those left- if he is still alive) Iwill destroy America economically. I can summon two Mujahdeen and they will scurry to follow them and disrupt their whole economy. 

Bush passed the laws taking away the freedoms, based on our fear of nine eleven and the desire to stop it from happening again at all costs. Obama is not re instating any of those rights, but is keeping the status quo, in addition he is creating more and more government programs which will entrap people to the government. Soon we will be looking to them for everything, and paying our paychecks to them in their entirity to pay for your homes, food, insurance.

Also abcdefg, I think this kind of exchange between you and I is a good thing. This is an Avian Flu or whatever comes - talk. And it is a dialogue. We should be able to have extremely diverse opinions and thoughts and be able to discuss them as adults with respect for each others intellect and opinion. There were no doubt be faults in both administrations. Yes, you and I are in agreement on the fact that the fear was used to pass many invasive laws and policies which should be reviewed and some reversed.

Anyone who does not like it, can be labeled a enemy combatant and dealt with accordingly, mark my words, Obama will dance the same way Bush did. If the common folks ever got togetrher and figured this out, we could gain cvontrol of our country back again.

Finally, the reality is that Obama cannot change some things. Yes, we will still interrogate prisoners to get information and we will not slap their hands and have a lawyer present at the interrogation. I live in the real world. Yet we stepped over some lines over the last eight years. Some scary lines that made it a little difficult to separate us from the  behavior of our enemies. Which set of battery cables zapping prisoners was ours and which was theirs? Thanks for the discussion abcdefg. Let me put it this way. I love my wife, but sometimes I don't like what she does. I love my country, but sometimes I don't like what is done. I believe in working with the system. You need to realize who has the real power. The legislature- the courts - there is where you fight your real battles and win your real victories.

Medclinician
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2009 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

God Damn ABCDEFG, That was one of the best posts I've read in a LONG time.

Kudos man, kudos. Clap

Originally posted by Med Med wrote:

extensive knowledge about things I really am not at liberty to disclose

Like what, Med?

Med I think you totally missed the point of vets being labeled as potential terrorists. We are being labeled as such simply because we happen to have a little real world experience under our belts. Because of this experience we tend to not believe the garbage that the Obama Administration is cramming down our collective throats. Because of this rejection we can not be counted on to support the craziness, and thus are the enemy.

If you own a gun and ammunition, if you have a Ron Paul (Or any libertarian/constitutionalist) or pro second amendment sticker on your car, if you dare criticize the administration for it's fiscal excesses, you are the enemy and must be vilified. This is a page from Hitler's book. As a child of history, was that not one of the games Hitler played just before a fire at the Reichtag?

Get real Med.

Since I've been there, and you say you know something I don't, why don'cha go ahead and spit it out. Or can you?

Good point Turbo. It's a kind of if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. So I picked up the last post and tried to address some of his or her points.

Let me give you some between the line stuff here. First, I am not stating I specially worked in certain capacities or with certain Bureaus or Agencies. However, the policy is generally, if it is out there in the media and on the net, it is fair game. We can post it. I had a brutal time posting on our fleet in Iran doing exercises because for one- no soldier in the fleet can give away his position. The positions I did post were dated- just like what you watch on Google earth.

Obviously in whatever capacity, many of us are data mining. You want to go to Alja_zeera back in time, you can put up videos and photos of most of this crap at the prison. You can also put up letters from female inmates to their families which would stir the Taliban up into  frenzy for what they believed at least was happening to their women at the prison.

The place is shut down.  If some of TPTB get off the whatever, we can direct link into the brain and do a lot of fancy science things to get Intel. We also can really torque up our sabatoge of nuclear development in Iran. This has already been suggested by the President, off the record to get the Israelis from getting all tack nuke crazy.

The key issue here Turbo is not all of us are laymen. You know we easily have people in here who were interogaters and waterboarded people. Its not impossible.

I have this patrotic streak, especially when I am surrounded by Vietnam vets. The guy next to me who said the remark I failed to mention had no legs. It gets a little hot and heavy in here, and after 4 years of being under fire, many professionals prefer to dump the net and the chat sites.

I am glad for not only the wide number of readers from all over and many professions to the soldiers who I know are here. I am not sure it was on here, but I was posting to active duty generals in Iraq, commanding troops, and my doc is a 3 tour veteran. Hard core and I think started as a drill sergeant.  Now there is a leap.. to OCS and then to a doctor.

So, yea, I guess some of us had training. And some of us are aware of a lot of data on a lot of stuff. And those who do it for serious and secret can't play swap shop on the chat site. It seems a stretch when on 19 vets were found to be among terrorists to say there was more of a chance.

This is a good site. I sometimes am amazed we can even talk about the topics we hit and manage to treat each other with respect and as adults. That is a big thing on the net. One that AFT should be proud of.

Here is the spit out part. Over the years I have done a lot with computers and datamining. I have seen a great deal. The rule of thumb is if it has already been put up- I can post it. You know what? I cannot post the outbreak of the Pandemic in the U.S.A. first before .gov, even if I had total proof. Why? That would be a breach of national security. There are rules. Our people have stuff to do before such a post could occur, and it would be announced by the right person in the right way. People are going to freak out- troops have to be moved, supplies have to be moved, leaders have to be jetted to safe places, and it would be irresponsible and actually cost lives and do harm to for the sake of scooping everyone else, post the first Pandemic news on a talk site.

Being a vet is a little weird.  We are insiders. We have chosen to serve our country. And we get stressed sometimes about certain things. A lot of my friends are total PTS and disabled. I have been offered disability a number of times and turned it down.

We Vietnam vets have a special place of honor in history. Whether the war we fought was considered that wise, we did put ourselves out there and we did what we were told to do- for our country.

Now we have the new Vets from Iraq. We are like World War II dinosaurs. We have something in common. We both are fighting a war that is very controversial and guys out there in the sand or as we were (some) in the Bush- have a lot of armchair generals who never did a pushup adn are  full of ideas and like they have been there. And then we have the wives of those who died over there. These women and families should be treated with extreme honor and respect. They have given it all up for you all. They should be taken care of, they should be comforted, counseled and not cut off from benifits for some time.
Makes you stop and think. Makes me ponder... geez.. information.. point for point.. sorry.. that would be at the least - irresponsible.

Medclinician
abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 2:25am
Med you never once made a distinction between soldiers and mercenaries for hire.
I think you add things after the fact.
All those comments of torture were used in the context of our country and our military. You refer to Gitmo and Abu also.
I would easily let someone put underwear on my head, lay me in ice water, defocate on my head,wizz on me all those things you mentioned seem like kindergarten cop.
Anyone who is trained to blow themselves up can not possibly be tortured by that. You take far too much time expressing your worry and love of the enemy then your own countrymen.
That Roman crusifiction was vile in all ways, it came straight from hell. Do not compare many things to the crusifiction of God.
As a vetran yourself that came home from a very unpopular war, where the brave soliders were treated like crap, spiit on, made fun of, called all kinds of names. Please do nothing to encourage that to ever happen again to another American who  serves this country.
Having been a young teenager in the end of Vietnam I saw the hurt, no one should ever take their anger about a war or something that was done in it out on a soldier. You should know that best. That type of post smacks solidiers in the face, no matter how you try to duck out of  it or flower it up.
If this  administration tht is busting its butt kissing up to Hugo Chavez, Achmadinijhad, and others who hate America but calling those wonderful people who fought to keep her free terrorists I think that they should be thrown out of office. Disrespecting soldiers and calling them terrorists, while we kiss the butt of every enemey we ever had is not the change I want to embrace.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 7:47am
Originally posted by abcdefg abcdefg wrote:

Anyone who is trained to blow themselves up can not possibly be tortured by that. You take far too much time expressing your worry and love of the enemy then your own countrymen.

Before I paste what I wrote separately and took time - Jesus loved all men and women. If you will read Matthew 5 thoroughly, we are to love our enemies, do good to those that abuse us, and bless them that curse us. God, if we believe in some sort of Christian entity, or whatever form in many faiths people perceive God to be,  loves all people in the world, not just Christians. There are no geographic boundaries to that love, and there is no limit. His compassion and caring is for every living breathing soul, both bad and good, and his desire is to bring back those, especially the ones that are the most ill, to him. God is love. And Jesus chastised Peter for fighting the Roman soldiers who came to take him. One who understands knows that love is without condition, beyond race, beyond country, and beyond ideology. It is not just for one special group, one special country- it is global. All have families, children, mothers, fathers, and all suffer and because there some who especially cruel out of 2.6 billion people does not give anyone the right to condemn them all. Ghandi died for his beliefs. And most men and women through history who did not like violence suffered greatly. The Roman Empire was not brought to its knees by swords, but by prayer and faith.

If we do not get back to the love and compassion and essence of what our country was founded upon, and become more obsessed with the starving, the homeless, the poor, the old, and those who are suffering, then we will surely have great problems and fall as surely as those who have before us. .

now..  my answer to you.. before I go on to try and finish what I must- is this

Let me restate this. Having fallen down stairs and being injured (broken ribs- etc.) I sat in the E.R. waiting for my X-rays to confirm the damage. I sat among a group of veterans, one next to me who had no legs, having I would assume, having lost them in combat in Iraq. We watched a cable news broadcast, and when a woman was being interviewed, the comment was made,
that veterans were more suspect of being terrorists than civilians. At which point the man- was very upset- very verbal- and I felt it was ironic having given almost his  life and definitely his legs, he should be so insulted. Thus, as a viewer, I have posted and related the incident. Also, in a recent study, it has been shown that interrogators using other methods (this was in a BBC documentary) were able to secure more information more effectively than the amount or value of that was secured using extremely barbaric methods. Now to the point. My time, as it is for all of us here, is limited. I am fairly ill with a number of problems, and some of them may be terminal. Life is terminal. I have, I believe a certain amount of time to gather and share information to help people survive the coming Pandemic as well as help the infrastructure endure a CFR which is much higher than they expect.

The politics and ideologies will become less significant, in comparison to what I am working on today. Writing a chapter on how to build a stove out of simple bricks and a compound made of dirt, grass, and filler.

Since now I have more time, hardly able to even get to my computer, I can try and finish what I have started and get it out to people. At 3-5% the infrastructure, if we continue our current plans and provisions, is likely to collapse. Law enforcement, power, communication, and transportation will either cease or be greatly hindered. It is one of my goals to try and increase our ability to withstand a Pandemic with up to 31% CFR and the infrastructure to survive as well as thousands, maybe millions more people.

There is only so much time, and it is growing shorter. The virus, and the coming waves of Pandemics are a much greater danger to us than concerns about government policy or who is going to do what.

I respect your opinion, your ideas, and most your right to express them. I feel there are alternate more humane methods of extracting information from our enemies. That is my opinion, as well as the data from several studies broadcast by BBC. The path of discussion of this, is a long and winding road. My time is most certainly, and neither is that of any person here, limitless before we are faced with a truly gruesome Pandemic.

One must separate the message from the messenger. The message is we need to prepare, and my greatest focus is to provide data to help in a concise usable form which will exist when the lights go out, the infrastructure goes underground, and we are left to fend for ourselves, with hospitals closed, all .gov closed, no power, and most of the roads blocked.

I empathize with our fighting soldiers and will not have that true and sincere empathy diluted. At this moment, there is a movement to eliminate capital punishment in America. It is increasing. With the scandal of what happened in interrogations and the data released to the public, the prison has been shut down, people have been sent to jail, and many practices have been stopped.

This I agree with, and have so expressed. However, although we do question at times what is going on in high places, and how effective that is in dealing with the real pressing problems in our country, we must stay focused. I make a sincere effort to document the facts I present as opposed to my opinions I feel. Perhaps through technology we can find alternatives to torturing people for information. I support our country but feel we should find other options to getting information.

Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic