Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Six possible cases in Maryland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worriedinMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Six possible cases in Maryland
    Posted: April 29 2009 at 4:38pm
Yikes. In my county.
This is a horrible feeling. I own a business where 50-60 kids are together for hours every single day.

ShaRenKa View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaRenKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 4:43pm
Yeah I know the feeling, my county too now they are checking a few possibles;( Too much closer? I'm locking the door;P
Sha Ren Ka
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 4:43pm
oh no ... what is your back up plan?... can you tell us the type of business>

If they don't close the schools it will spread quickly...I am a fan of closing them before a lot of kids pass it around.  But the fabric of our society has to be intact as long as possible so they won't do a lot until it gets worse I imagine...they don't seem to want to tell us what to expect ahead of time...except Iowa...they were pretty up front in that state.
ShaRenKa View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaRenKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 4:46pm
this place needs a small chat room where we can chat openly mary without having to post everything..lol It would make it a lot easier;P
Sha Ren Ka
worriedinMD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worriedinMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 4:48pm
It's an after school activity - that's all I feel comfortable sharing. I have no back up plan except to close if we have to.

But then there is no revenue coming in. We have been prepped, so my family will not starve, but my preps will not pay the rent, payroll, utlities, etc. for the business.

This is surreal. After reading about this for years, I can't grasp what is happening.
ShaRenKa View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaRenKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 4:50pm
we all are in the very same boat..many of us with mortgages then utils ect... we can survive on preps, but how long will banks go without payment? I guess best thing to do is hold out as long as possible..then duck and hide. Wish i knew the answer to that one, but don't feel alone, we are all in the same boat. next month? we are looking into a 29 ft travel trailer...just in case we have to get out. Only thing i could come up with..and thats IF we have that long;(
Sha Ren Ka
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 4:54pm

yes...chat room....good idea...

ok...that's enough info.   You may be ok through the summer as it is now mild.  But towads aug sept they may have new ideas (they are keeping a watch on the virulence in the southern Hemisphere)  That will dictate their plan of action for late summer early fall.   Many parents will still need help with child care if the schools close.  Some parents will have to stay at home.   At some point we have to protect the children by keeping them from classroom groups...no other way.  But they say this is a bit early to tell how virulent the flu will be. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic