Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Flu Is In my town (Illinois)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flu Is In my town (Illinois)
    Posted: April 29 2009 at 8:05pm
I live in Batavia Illinois.  We have 2 cases of flu. One in the middle school and one in a high school.  Both school's are closed. Our daughter is a nurse in the local ER. They have called her 2 times today asking her to come in. She has to go in Friday regular shift for 12 hours.  She is keeping her children home from school tgomorrow.
Also went to our local Walmart today.  Cashiers are wearing latex gloves. After checking us out they took them off and wiped off there hands,  Next customer they put on new gloves.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 8:17pm
Hi...thanks for letting us know.  It is a weird feeling...not knowing what to expect...waiting.
We have a possible infection 45 miles away.  So far no one is wearing gloves...but that was yesterday.  Now we are at 5...I wonder what I will see when I go out tomorrow.  I too have a daughter.   She is young...but heading up a charity event at the library...I wish it was last week...but it's next week....I wonder if they will have it now.  I have a family member working at hospital with the newborn.  I'll ask her what changes they are making.  

If you ever want to go over to our other site.also.... swineflu.org ...just to chat or even to post to help people in your state...they have a special area for each state and you can post info for yours if you like.  Welcome.

kathl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 8:22pm
Thank you    If my daughter get's any info I will be glad to let you all know.
Blueberry View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 8:57pm
thank you, please do keep us posted. i would be so worried for my d if she worked er.
mercurymom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercurymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 11:34pm
Oh my gosh, that is so scary, to think it's really come to this.
There is nothing to fear except the persistent refusal to find out the truth, the persistent refusal to analyze the causes of happenings. ~ Dorothy Thompson
gady71 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gady71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 12:24am
Originally posted by kathl kathl wrote:

I live in Batavia Illinois.  We have 2 cases of flu. One in the middle school and one in a high school.  Both school's are closed. Our daughter is a nurse in the local ER. They have called her 2 times today asking her to come in. She has to go in Friday regular shift for 12 hours.  She is keeping her children home from school tgomorrow.
Also went to our local Walmart today.  Cashiers are wearing latex gloves. After checking us out they took them off and wiped off there hands,  Next customer they put on new gloves.
 2 cases of FLU or 2 cases of SWINE FLU ? or 2 suspicions of SWINE FLU ?
I do apologize for my poor english. Prepare for the Worst and Hope for the Best!
Iron Mommy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Mommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 4:40am
I live just outside New York City so we have a lot of it around here. The health commissioner of NYC said there are many hundreds of children sick with it, but they don't show up in the stats because they haven't been officially tested--they're all home sick and their schools are closed.

My significant other is in health care and has patients at the hospital with it.

A girl near here is suspected to have gotten it when she went to a track meet in Queens on Sunday. 5 schools in NYC are closed. So it is spreading rapidly.

Last night I went to the store to top off my preps. I noticed that certain items were being wiped out: water, powdered milk, flour, bleach, and dried beans. So there are others around here who are prepping too. But more people are still planning to take their kids to museums, have gatherings, etc.--they don't listen to the news, or think it's mild or won't hit them or something.
mrbreeze View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 5:41am
You should get to the other site and speak up for your state.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic