Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Flu A and B Test Kits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flu A and B Test Kits
    Posted: May 20 2009 at 7:58pm
I am running out of things to buy I guess but I am looking at Flu test kits. They run 20.00 each but you have to purchase a pack of 10...so it is a $200.00 hit.

This test kit is for A and B flu of which I am sure that all flu will some A or B in them...I may be wrong on this.

I also have to see how long the tests are good for...no good if just one year and a $200.00 investment.

My thinking is I want to be sure if we have the flu before I use the Tamiflu...but I don't want to go out of the house.

What are your thoughts on this subject.
MelodyAtHome View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 8:00pm
Call and find out how long they are good for. If they are good for a while then it would be worth having in your stocks. You can sell them to family/friends if you don't want to keep all 10.
Melody:O)
Melody
Emergency Preparedness 911
http://emergencypreparedness911.blogspot.com/
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 10:28pm
Flumom...if you have the money and it will raise your comfort level...and keep you from taking/giving Tamiflu only if really needed... go for it.   Make sure you read up on Tamiflu .
rickster58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickster58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 3:29am
Hi Mary08,

Here is a link to an internationally respected rapid flu test kit.  The company is called BD and they are based in NJ.

Regards
Rickster58

p.s. I love your posts ....they are so informative, you are definitely a  research guru
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic