Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Changed Vacation Plans?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Have you changed your 2009 summer vacation plans.
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [23.08%]
18 [46.15%]
1 [2.56%]
7 [17.95%]
4 [10.26%]
0 [0.00%]

Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changed Vacation Plans?
    Posted: May 20 2009 at 8:23pm
Just an interesting poll to see where you are all at. I am staying at home and tending my garden. I don't see this flu ending anytime soon.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 10:24pm
We are staying home this summer also. Just taking it day by day, maybe doing some day outings, thought about going to the water park soon before we get too many confirmed cases in our area, we don;t have any yet in our direct area. So thought maybe do the water park next week, school is out this week. then just see how things go. Plan on maybe some day trips to some local museums (that won't be too crowded in the off hours), trips to the Wildlife Refuge where you don't have to have contact with anyone else at all can picnic out there and hike. Swim in our pool at home. Staying pretty close to home and just kind of watching what happens.
HoosierMom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoosierMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 8:23am
Planning some weekend camping trips in  our home state less than an hour away.
SusanT View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusanT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 8:42am
We ended up cancelling out trip to Tucson, Arizona in late April since all of this was just starting and we didn't know what was going on. We have several small (non-airtravel) trips planned for the summer, which we will wait and evalute risk factors as things develop.
homescoolmama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homescoolmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 11:04am
I noticed lots less people travelling, I take in small dogs when people go away and I am usually fully booked for summer by the end of March. I have 3 bookings for the summer for the same 2 week span, a shortfall of about 30 families going away and lots of dollars lost for me...
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 2:05pm
Going to Vegas baby, first week in June...I would rather get a trip in BEFORE september so doing it now!
NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 2:34pm
Vegas...what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas! Have a great time, wish I could go.
sunburn View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 5:06pm
I don't think its bad enough yet to cancel my plans. I'm going to Bali for 10 days and stopping in Manila for 4 on the way back.
Legacy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 7:35pm

We'll spend September at our place in Sedona unless it gets really bad. I'm going to keep my eye on it. We might opt out of flying and just drive. I've always wanted to do Route 66!

I do everything my Rice Crispies tell me to....
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 8:52pm

We've decided to keep our vacation plans.  I don't want to be sick, but I've heard it may be better to get this flu while it is still mild than get it later on if it mutates to something worse.  At least we'd have some amount of immunity to it.

Frankly, I need a vacation so badly at the moment that I'm worried something will nix it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic