Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The next 45 days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The next 45 days
    Posted: July 10 2009 at 3:37pm
Greetings all.  I hope you all are enjoying the summer.    I will be watching the forum on a part-time basis over the next 30 days or so, somewhat taking a break.  There is also the possibility that our lives may be slightly disrupted come the fall flu season, and for a period that can last as long as a couple of years, so stay focused on your personal preparations.   Or maybe it will just come and go, who knows...

Since there is a tamiflu resistant strain now circulating, we will all want to complete our preparations before the school year begins.   Depending on how bad it gets, we will all figure out together when to pull your kids out of school, and what to do when the time arrives.   We don't want to panic, but we also need to be very careful.   Luckily for us we're all experts after dealing with this thing for the last 5 years.    

Starting on August 25th,  and until the school season begins, we will begin an ALL-OUT prepping campaign to complete our 90-day preparations.   So everybody be prepared for that date.  On Sept 1st, I would take those last few days before school to aggressively train your kids in proper hygiene, such as not touching your eyes nose or mouth, etc ... but be firm on the last few days. 

If there are any posts that need to be removed over the next few weeks, use the "report" button so I can locate them easily, if you all wouldn't mind.   I'm still here watching so you all be good.  And RC buddy, lay-off Med for awhile.           

Best wishes all,
albert
reality check View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 3:51pm
No problem A.WinkMed.. nice spin!RC Clap
"tell med the grasshoppers won"
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:42pm
Albert,

I wish to thank you for the support that you have given to me over the years. I have plans to finish my preps by the end of the month and this is going to be a pretty strange school year. Our classes in western Kansas begin na bit early. Some schools start on the last week in August. Harvest was not too bad but it could have been much better. we have plenty of ammo and have more guns and ammo on the way. I guess that I need not explain my concerns to you or anyone else here. I am feeling good about my preps and what I have done for us. I pray everyday that god will give us the strength to survive. We will get our lives in order and we have every hope that with our friends here on AFT, we will emerge victorious. A wise man you are albert, a very wise man indeed.

On the subject of preps, we have done what is possible given our incoem and our limitations.

KOMET's Rules on surviving this pandemic.

1. prep for 90 days and more if you can
2. buy multiple weapons and fire them many times before pandemic time.
3. trust your instincts and yourself.
4. live for the future believe that you are going to do well.
5. have fun during the pandemic, games books and watching movies will make it bearable.
6. have faith in a higher authority.
7. Work on multiple projects for your sanity during pandemic time.
8. read novels, books on tapes, etc.
9. love yourself and keep trying to love others.
10. Listen your fellow preppers on AFT...

Thanks Albert and I thank you for my survival as well as my GF....
third1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote third1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 7:47pm

The first day of school is August 6 in my Georgia town.

tropicalbreeze View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropicalbreeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 9:00pm
Thank You Albert, for all you have done for us here .  
God bless you. 
tropical Breeze   
Mississippi Mama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississippi Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 9:35pm
Albert thank you so much for all that you have done for us. I have followed you for a long time. I don't regret one minute of it. I can't help but feel a saddnes that you won't be watching over us as much as before. Anyway take care and I'll miss you. Good luck to you and your family.
Mississippi Mama
abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 9:55pm
Albert,
In another long post, I wrote about heroes coming out of this pandemic. YOu have always been one of mine. You have taught us all, free of charge you have allowed us to vent and discuss.  One day you will know the true volume of all you have helped. I hope that day is not for another hundred years. God bless you and yours. Debbie
MelodyAtHome View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 10:59pm
I feel like we are going into battle together. We sort of are. I too am thankful for Albert and this site and of course swineflu.org It's motivated me to keep prepared for this.
Melody
Melody
Emergency Preparedness 911
http://emergencypreparedness911.blogspot.com/
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:20pm
Albert,thank you for all of your work and for doing the best that you can do and probably as  well or better than most of us could do.Johnray1
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 1:13am

/ALBERT its me Prepgirl

I always been here in the back ground watching and waiting,  I have recently been very ill myself.  Woke up from heart surgery the day they anounced the swine flu on tv.  And was like omg all I saw was them showing it going through out each state in usa.  I was like whata heck of a place to be in .  And I thought that it was happening.  However later cdc anounced it a pandemic.  Well I hope you the best.  I am fine.

Your avain flu talk is the best.  And was the first place I checked out for the news of what was going on .  For the facts.  

Take care Albert and god bless and save us all.
Prepgirl

I have been with Avian flu from the beginning too.  May have had to change the name cause of glitches.  BUt this has been my home for news on pandemics
PrepGirl
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 6:51am
Albert- since a great deal is about to happen before the fall- I know you are monitoring the site. I know many have great admiration for you in the pure tenacity of keeping this place up on the net. It is one of a kind, and I believe as long as there is a net, it wiill be a place where people can find out what is happening.

I am hoping you will return sooner. Because by then - we may very well be in the thick of it.

John A
chuckwks View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckwks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 9:29am

Albert,

Thanks for your keeping on when it appeared that it was a non event several years ago, and the flu news was crowded out by all the other cares and concerns of life.   Your's has truly been a labor of love for others, and many of us really appreciate your persevering over these many years.  Catch your breath, we will be all working diligently to mitigate this in our own lives, but you have inspired us onward.   We will be awaiting your return.
Chuck
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 12:31pm
Good advise as always Albert

And a Thanks for keeping this board going all this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Dijoy View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 2:07pm
Thankyou Albert for keeping us going
Diane
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 2:57pm
A....have a wonderful vacation or whatever.I think you have framed this issue wih great elegance and intuition!.Carry on my wayward son..You really have made a differenceStar and if you were my son ....I would be very proud! "see ya in September"RC
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 8:58pm
Albert, have a great vacation!! Relax and keep your mind clear of any worry. May God Bless you for all you have done for the People of America.
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2009 at 12:51pm
Albert, I am only on here periodically anymore but have been a long time member.  I had seen a post where you talked about the fact that this was not going to be the bad one because of the low lethality of this flu.  Something about all the reported cases out there versus the amount that is actually out there and how many have died.  So maybe I missed a couple of threads but do you still hold that opinion or are you thinking that something may still come out of this.  I want you to have a good vacation adn I may be too late to get a response but just curious as to what you are feeling now.
NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
waenderer View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waenderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2009 at 4:03pm
thanks for charing info,,,,that, besides prep. is the most important thing we can and should do for eachother...

follow you instinct, and do not let the majority of ney-sayers bring you out of balance.

the next weeks will be important,,,if not for the virus...for the reactions of the sleeping minds.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 6:53am
Thanks gang fore the kind words.    Starting at the end of summer, we will all begin exchanging emails and working together 24/7.   I haven't been the best in returning emails in the past, but that will change soon.    Anytime you all have a question come that time, I plan on responding to all emails at any time, not that I will know what I'm doing.  Feel any better yet?  lol  

Make no mistake folks, the Grim Reaper is coming and he wants people with immune comprised conditions, the elderly, and maybe even some youngsters.  Having said that, you should all try to obtain a prescription of Relenza asap from your Doc.  You don't need to spend any money yet, but only obtain the "prescription" now, and have it ready to use if you need it.   In order to obtain the scribe, do the following: 

First, Schedule an appointment with your physician for a basic a check-up, blood pressure, etc ....  So you can speak with your doctor one on one.  

Tell your Doc that you are a member of the online community located at swineflu.org, which is a pandemic flu watch dog group.  Tell your Doc that you were advised to obtain a "prescription" of Relenza as a part of your personal emergency preparedness plan.

Be sure to also keep an open ear out for anyone you know who might have an underlying immune comp. condition, and be prepared to advise them.   We all  might get through this easy because we're all healthy, so we should maybe look into helping some people around us who may not do as good, or who have health problems. 

I'm still around folks, but I will be back fulltime soon. 

Best,
Albert

SheepLady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheepLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 7:43am
Hi, Albert,

I have recently joined but have been reading the site for a while.  I would like to thank you maintaining this site, it has been refuge in a storm of misinformation. 

We raise sheep and I thought you might be interested in a few personal observations.  These are lessons I have learned over the past several years and I can't help but compare apply them to what is going on in terms of this pandemic.  Please note this is not an effort to sell sheep, nor do I take offense to the terms sheeple or sheep as I understand how they came into being.

Our sheep are smart, brave and reasoning animals.  A sick sheep will do its best to keep up with the flock-they know they must stay together, safety in numbers.   Whenever a threat approaches our ewes and lambs, the ewes stamp their feet to warn the intruder.  If that doesn't work, they charge, heads down to ram the intruder without any fear for personal safety- in defense of their young, and yes, they will follow the shepherd to slaughter willingly because they know and trust him or her having no concept of what motivates the shepherd, be it greed, hunger, or necessity. 

Sort of like the situation we are facing today. 

Well, I hope you find that enlightening and don't think I have been on the farm too long!!

Enjoy your summer, and take care.

SheepLady
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 10:12am
Excellent analogy SL.   This Thing may very well want to pick-off the easy targets in the herd.   The predator always wants the sick, dying or weak ones for the easy target.   I would suggest protecting those types now by first identifiying who they might be around you, and then be prepared to defend.   

Before I disappear here for awhile, let me also add that I can send an email from swineflu.org to your physician if need be verifying that you all are experts in this area, for the Relenza scribe.    Shoot me an email if you require any help.    Wink
bestrong View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bestrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 7:18pm
Albert,
Thank you so much for all the time and energy you have put into educating us on the flu.  I started coming here four years ago. School starts where I live on August 5. It never fails but within three days time some kind of virus will sweep through the school. I tried to get tamiflu, but my doctor refused to give it. The frightening thing is that he is the only doctor for a small, rural community located hours away from a major hospital. I will finish my preps in the next few days. I will ask the woman who helps me clean to stop coming as she is also a school employee.
Thanks again for all your hard work. Enjoy your time off.. If this gets really bad, I think there are any number of people who can credit you for saving them from the flu.

SheepLady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheepLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 7:27pm
Thanks, Albert.  I am not sure how the Relenza thing works, but would be very glad of the assistance.

SheepLady
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 8:15pm
Albert, I need help on my account.

Someone messed it up- and I cannot access my profile.

mc
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 8:19pm
I tried to get my gf's pulmonologist to give her a perscription for relenza. He did not bite. I will keep trying to get her the relenza. I am going to visit our family doctor. I am still working on my plan to get thrive shelf reliance food for our preps. Next week I should have a check from work. Will keep trying to get relenza, albert.

KOMET
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2009 at 11:15am
Albert - Sure will miss you watching over us so diligently. You never missed a beat - always ready to assist or intervene or just hold our hand. You are very dedicated and devoted to us. What do you say to someone like yourself when they have to back away for a while? Do it, you need it? Don't do it, we need you? We'll get along without out? We won't get along without you? Oh heck, I'll just miss you a lot and hope you are well. Yes, the email suggestion for obtaining Relenza is a good one. Did you make your email available? Love ya and bye for now, D
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2009 at 2:53pm
ME  relenza is contraindicated in folks with lung condtions. tamiflu is going to be the best bet or better yet SIP her.
I will not prescribe it for the wheezers either. You have to have good inspiratory values to get the medicine deposited deep enough to work.
Dr d
LisaP View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2009 at 3:06pm
Albert, I've not been here for long, but I too wish to say "thank you". Here I found a storm shelter and knowledge which has changed my anxiety into determination. I know I'm not alone and for that I am truly grateful.

Peace and blessings to you and yours.

Lisa
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2009 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by dr d dr d wrote:

ME  relenza is contraindicated in folks with lung condtions. tamiflu is going to be the best bet or better yet SIP her.
I will not prescribe it for the wheezers either. You have to have good inspiratory values to get the medicine deposited deep enough to work.
There is a tamiflu resistant strain begining to circulate.  I for one usually like to get out in front of changes as they happen.   Tamiflu may soon be worthless.   

Dr. d, have we ever confirmed that you're a doc?    

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2009 at 6:17pm

is that possible?  ... don't think so.

(I figured he was when he worried about costs :) that sounds pretty Doctorish )

anyway... on Relenza....

The amount of drug delivered to the respiratory tract will depend on patient factors such as inspiratory flow.

Some thought Tamiflu was always worthless... Doc's need to give out....something.
People expect it.   They could call it Fluerase and folks would flock...

Let's hurry up and get out a dietary supplement called Fluaway.

(Mary is ill and silly this evening... will be fine tomorrow)

Hope your vacation is grand.

Silke View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 7:27am
The next 45 days...so frustrating...

As some of you know, I am an RN and worked several years on pandemic planning on the state level as an infection control nurse for my employer.  I have been teaching planning to health care providers as well as the public and have never been as frustrated as I am, now.

I currently work in a teaching hospital that employs the most people in my county.  Other than the current DHEC guidelines posted on the front page of our hospital's internal website, there is NOTHING being shared with employees about H1N! or how it may impact us in the near future. Most employees do not even have access to this webpage.  No planning for families, employees, just NOTHING!!  I attended our facilities mandatory quarterly update from Administration last weekend.  Never mentioned it. 

When I left my position in which I was the ICP and went to work for this new facility, I asked the staff about pandemic planning.  They had no idea what I was talking about.  They then began calling me "Ms. H5N1".  When H1N! sneaked in, I tried again only to be told, "They say it is mild..."  I personally wrote a handout on prepping info and made copies and offered it to staff.  Very few were interested.  Tjhe ones that were did so based upon needing prep info triggered by a coworker's insistence the new Obama Admin. was going to regulate guns, etc.,; not because of a flu bug and my info was convenient for prepping for that. 

This week, I copied Dr. Woodson's handout on home care.  I gave personal copies to all of my immediate family with requests for them to share with others.  I attached a checklist for 30 days of preps per person.   I put together medicine kits for my family members who could not afford or would not purchase flu meds for their kids to simply "store".

I plan to do a story board (job requirement - my  choice of topic) for my yearly performance appraisal 4 months earlier than required and the topic will be personal planning for the family of a HCW in a pandemic.  No one here even is aware that the EHP Act can mandate we be forced to work and leave our families in the care of others.  This will be my last attempt to help educate others before I simply find it too stressful and frustrating to try and educate folks who don't want to listen.  I will at least feel that I have made concentrated efforts to educate as many as I can then I have to mentally prepare myself to possibly be separated from my own child and family if I am forced to work for long stretches without relief.  I feel I have now done all I can do.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 8:36am
The problem with this pandemic heading our way is that we will not get a second chance.  Sometimes you have to take a couple of chances.  

Now remember, I simply suggested obtaining the prescription ahead of time.   You don't need to fill it now, but should h1n1 go tamiflu resistant, it would be a good little piece of paper to pull out of your emergency kit.   It was just a thought.  Me, I always like being a step ahead, and planning for the worst case.     
Hotair View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 11:26am
Hi Silke,
While I am not in your situation, I am frustrated as well. It's funny. I was listening to the news yesterday and Merril lynch announced "The recession is over!"Some index somewhere said that. Tell that to the unemployment rate of what will be 13% in Calif. and the 14% in Michigan.My point is, you can't trust anything the media says and, when they say that this is a mild flu or worse, say nothing at all, the sheeple want to believe them so they do.I have heard so many people in response to my suggestion to prep "But they say it is mild". I am done trying.
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 11:44am
Yes Albert you did years ago You have my cell number and I have two of yours.
I graduated in 1978 from the Autonomous University of Guadalajara and did my residency at Albert Einstein  in NYC. I have been in private practice since 1982 and have been invloved on the state and local levels for WMD and emergency planning  since 1995.
Oh and Mary I'm a lady doctor and NO I do not care about the cost but about the ease af administration for my peds patients and the efficacy.
I  don't think that the meds are going to be readily aavailable whichever way you choose to go. I hava a call in to the head of epidemiology to ck on the Tamiflu issue. The person I spoke with had not heard of issues either They are going to get back with me.
Dr d
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 12:39pm
drd - I'm surprised the person you spoke with had not heard of this issue. It was all over the news the other day.
See Swine Flu site: Latest News: Tamifllu-Resistant Swine Flu in US? for information on this. Check it out. And thanks for all your good posts. D
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:10pm
evergreen
what site??
Dr d
RN-NC View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RN-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:13pm
http://www.swineflu.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=25163
Perhaps this is what evergreen is referring to, dr d.
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:14pm
the only thing that was identified was the seasonal flu H1N1 resistance but NOT to the swine flu. She checked the CDC as well as internal reporting and stated, no there is not a resistance ,at least in the USA, to Tamiflu.
Don't know if that helps but it is the latest that I have available from a respected source.
Dr d
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:14pm
RN-NC and drd - yes, that's it. Thanks, D
Suzi1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:19pm
I sometimes get so disgusted I think people are going to get what is coming to them if this goes bad. And  then I think about how they are going to handle it. Outrage. Why didn't you ..bla ..bla ...bla When they need something to survive they will feel perfectly justified to take it. It'll be I know you tried to tell me but.... I am more afraid of people than the virus.
Suzi1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:23pm
I am out of time. Will somebody post the link to that you-tube video on the old friends. The new people haven't seen it.
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:32pm
ALBERT:
From the PDR( the Physicians Desk reference aka our medical Bible)
Relenza
Patients should be advised of the rsik of bronchspasm esoecially in the setting of underlying airways disease and should STOP Ewlwnza and contact their physician if they experience increased respiratory symptoms during treatment.IF the decision is made to trat the patient with asthma or COPD,the patient should be made aware of the risks and should have a fast acting brochodilator available..
Limitation Of Populations studied: Safetyt and EFFICACY have not been demonstrated in patients with high risk underlying medical conditions.
WARNING RELENZA IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR TREATMENT OR PROPHYLAXIS OF INFLUENZA IN INDIVIDUALS WITH UNDERLYING AIRWAYS DISEASE SUCH AS ASTHMA OR CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE ( ALL CAPS as this is how it is written in the PDR.
Some cases of bronchispasm,including fatalities,have been reported.
his is from the 2007 PDR page 1553

Dr d
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 2:46pm
[QUOTE=dr d]the only thing that was identified was the seasonal flu H1N1 resistance but NOT to the swine flu.

Confused
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 3:19pm

ALBERT:
Relenza
Patients should be advised of the rsik of bronchspasm esoecially in the setting of underlying airways disease and should STOP Ewlwnza and contact their physician if they experience increased respiratory symptoms during treatment.IF the decision is made to trat the patient with asthma or COPD,the patient should be made aware of the risks and should have a fast acting brochodilator available..
Limitation Of Populations studied: Safetyt and EFFICACY have not been demonstrated in patients with high risk underlying medical conditions.
WARNING RELENZA IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR TREATMENT OR PROPHYLAXIS OF INFLUENZA IN INDIVIDUALS WITH UNDERLYING AIRWAYS DISEASE SUCH AS ASTHMA OR CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE ( ALL CAPS as this is how it is written in the PDR.

Three (3) spelling mistakes in first sentence...oh ya RC is way off base exposing these wannabees... drd ....why are you even involved....you ca't even type ......you guys are lucky I'm here to pull the wool off your eyes..RC StarStarStar
Technologist View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 4:29pm
RC, The original text was correct. You are mistaking typo's and transposition for grammatical errors. This happens when you quickly transfer printed information into typed text. The spelling was correct but the letters were transposed. Doctors commonly do this as they are always pressed for time. The keyboard used was had a QWERTY layout.

bronchspasm -typo missed the O

esoecially   -transposed O for P

Ewlwnza -transposed EW for R by hitting two keys at once. Also W for E. The word was RELENZA

trat -typo missed the E

etc.

The guy knows his stuff. He's in one of the highest paying positions so give him some respect. He's just saving time giving out free advice and information without spending endless hours correcting simple mistakes.

Originally posted by reality check reality check wrote:

ALBERT:

Relenza

Three (3) spelling mistakes in first sentence...oh ya RC is way off base exposing these wannabees... drd ....why are you even involved....you ca't even type ......you guys are lucky I'm here to pull the wool off your eyes..RC StarStarStar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic