Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Moslims - Event Date: August 13 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 6:43am
I do not have any Admin "power" on this board at this time, only on the new board. When Albert left on vacation,he asked me to take care of the other board and he gave me the ability to delete posts, move posts, ban posters, etc. but it is only for the new board.
Fromrose View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fromrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 7:05am
Originally posted by newgirl newgirl wrote:

Ok, this is ridiculous!  You guys are acting like you are 12 years old and your parents went out of town or something.   Really now, come on.  Obviously people are not going to agree on this topic.  Surely some of the issues we've seen in this thread regarding people's beliefs in religions and what religions are good or bad and which is worse, etc.  are not going to be resolved.  Most often these beliefs are deep rooted and go way back, some likely to childhood.  Posting on a message board is not going to change anyone's opinion, particularly those that feel really strongly one way or the other. 

I think 7 pages in, we've all got a fairly accurate picture of who believes what and why or whatever and it's an exercise in futility to keep going.  Take what you've learned about various posters and their beliefs and read whatever else they post with distaste if you wish or cheer them on if you happen to be on their side.  But stop all this silly back and forth.

I mean... challenged to a street fight?!  You have got to be kidding me.

This thread should be locked, but apparently no one has the power to do that and Albert is off somewhere with the keys to the castle.  Should be about time for him to return and clean up house around here though soon enough.   Some of you best be cleaning up your act in the meantime.

Now, there's maybe a bad flu, or maybe a not bad flu heading our way.  Aren't we all here for the purpose of monitoring that and preparing if necessary?   Let's all shake off all this hostility and in-fighting and get back to some common ground where we are helping each other and not judging each other.

I totally agree with you. I find this thread out of controll. What do you say guys, there are a lot of other sites that would fit a lot more if this is what you wish to discuss,instead of this Avian FLU talk forum. Hmmm...actually why dont you post right HERE: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message853748/pg1  Have fun.
I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.

Aristoteles
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 7:55am
This entire thread needs to be deleted.

Med

dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 11:17am
newgirl go gettem girl.!! I'm with you !!!
Dr d
jody05 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jody05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 2:41pm
I guess my memory isnt so good because I thought all information had to show a source and not "I know" or "I was told". Show me where your info comes from Med. I am sorry you are always so sick. If you are dying please spend your time with your family and not on the web. They should be your priority and IS your primary responsibility - not the rest of the world.
lurking since 2005 with a looong memory
for everything that has transpired on this site!
no-bama4me View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no-bama4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 2:53pm
Good point Jody. Med never cites anything because most of his info is baseless. When challenged he always devolves into his favorite vague descriptions of the coming collapse of society (usually based upon his favorite book, "the stand").

All I know is that if I was sick and dying I definately wouldn't have the time or the energy to argue with other retards on the internet.

Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 3:23pm
newgirl and dr.d,O.K. I agree.Johnray1
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no-bama4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 3:25pm

Awwwww... does this mean there isn't going to be a high noon show down out in the street?

abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 4:01pm
Government Dr. I thought the government was in a big cover up. LOL

People can post by changing certain letters very easily. My point was to make sure before we jump into these fights, to know who is saying what, when we know a poster after several years and something seems totally out of charecter we may be best to give them the benefit of the doubt because if we assume that it is indeed the poster and no way has it been hacked then that person or all of us truly can be eliminated very easily by someone who is computer savy enough.

As far as hacking into sites goes, if top secret gov. sites can be hacked I would imagine this one could be too.

New is correct everyone has their own opinions and we are not going to change those here. This post was posted by whomever because it is a hot topic that never fails to cause a fight. So the intent was to disrupt by whomever in the first place. I am not accusing anyone of being the hacker. I do not believe it was Johny.

New, although your later post reflects truth and wisdom, you were one of the first to begin to attack Johny.

So lets go back and start over, hopefully a bit wiser.
Technologist View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by abcdefg abcdefg wrote:

People can post by changing certain letters very easily.

People can even write posts upside down now with the new IDN, UTF-8 and extended Character sets. This forum is rare in that those characters don't show up properly.

You can see it upside down in the preview here but then it gets scrambled if you post it.

Writing upside down
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 5:25pm
abcdefg, that is probably because I have a son and 3 nephews who are fighting them every day and evey night and usually at close quarters.Johnray1 
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no-bama4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 5:44pm
How is it that everyone keeps saying he didn't post it if he keeps saying he did?

While someone can have a smiliar name, the post count will be different. So if you want to see if that person posted it, just look at the post count.

You don't need to check IPs or anything like that.

He posted it. He admitted posting it. I don't know what all this crap is about secret hackers and conspiracies.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 6:22pm
People from almost every county in the world post here. Different races, religions, political views, native languages and different generations. That's what makes it so difficult to agree or even see eye to eye on some issues.

Over time people will adapt and get along or the net will end up segregated like the prison system. War is fought on many fronts and the internet is one of them. What Johnray1 posted ( Yes he posted it) was wrong to many. Then again his country or people might of been at war and may have lost family to the people he was referring to. It takes generations to forgive. Japan, Germany etc,. were enemy's to many but now they mostly are our friends.
newgirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 8:06pm
So.... how 'bout them Colts?

(that's what we say around here to change the subject lol)

Think happy thoughts guys - I think mostly everyone really wants to be helpful on this site, but we get bored and distracted or whatever and... it doesn't go so well.   Glad to see this seems to be heading towards everyone agreeing to disagree and mellowing out towards each other.  

Plus, and this is kind of random maybe (I'm tired, I'm usually a morning girl!), the Pig flu doesn't care if we are Muslim or Christian or Atheist or whatever.   We are all more the same than we are different.  Really.

Nite!
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 8:18pm
   I wish this thread would die a natural death in it's sleep one night and we could get back to business...
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

I wish this thread would die a natural death in it's sleep one night and we could get back to business...

Sometimes a thread that starts on a bad note eventually unites people.

When Obama was running for President my kids thought I would never want a black man to be President. They were surprised when I told them that I hope he wins. We watched many of his almost flawlessly delivered speeches. He has the ability to make drastic changes that will not only benefit the USA but the entire world.

It's not an easy task and I am greatly concerned. Concerned that someone will end it like they did Kennedy. So much is at stake and so many are resistant to change. The world is very fluid and adaptability is a necessity.
jody05 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jody05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 10:25pm
Yeh lets end this and not turn it toward politics and Obama.
lurking since 2005 with a looong memory
for everything that has transpired on this site!
rickster58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickster58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 11:08pm
Very cute Technologist
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2009 at 11:11pm
Your Quick Rickster to catch that.

I'll leave it upside down then.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 8:21pm
happiness is View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happiness is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 9:02pm
I thought it belonged to Rickster,but yes it visible
dreamer
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 9:20pm
Don't worry. It's just a trick. Nobody can see your Identity but you. It's reading the data off of your own system but no one else sees your data other then the web server that's hosting the image. They see their own IP.

I posted that Obama Sign and Rickster pasted it out of my post. I deleted my post so on one would freak out. If you go here you can read about it or make your own banner. http://www.danasoft.com/

Again it's harmless and does not expose anyones information.

If you paste this link in your browser you can see I made it.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Technologist.jpg
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 9:27pm
So happiness is your info showing to you? So everyone is seeing their own info in Ricksters post?
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2009 at 2:49pm
yes
Dr d
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic