Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

TURKEY: 3 Children in Hospital

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TURKEY: 3 Children in Hospital
    Posted: February 24 2006 at 7:06pm
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 7:30pm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 12:58am
This is also Western Turkey, but it was only a matter of time to fill in the
blanks.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 2:51am

Also, one of the children has a different second initial.  Does this indicate a different family?  A cluster of children from the same family is different than children from different families infected at the same time.

Maybe we'll get lucky and find out that it's just the regular flu.  Two of the three are definitely school age, I don't know about the six year old.  A nine and ten year old could be in the same classroom. 

Questions, questions.... no answers.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 6:13am
I have always found that Niman has a flare for the dramtics....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 7:44am
Originally posted by muskrat muskrat wrote:

I have always found that Niman has a flare for the dramtics....

I have always thought he exercised tremendous restraint.  He is constantly taunted by a bunch of bird watchers who's goal in life is to irritate him on the message boards.  ( They apparantly think he is a threat to the birds. -- i.e. the wild birds will all be killed because Niman says they spread Bird Flu.)

I have watched their posts and taunts towards Niman and see him try as hard as he can not to lose it, but he almost always seems to start firing back.  On Agonist, it was DRJ and lorenzo and two others. On the CurrentEvents board there are about five different names that could all be the same person.  I have often thought that it was Dr. Williams.

Whatever, Dr. Niman does not swear at them. Though I can hear him grumbling all the way out here in San Diego (and he is in Pennsylvania!).

I have always liked the "cause for concern" phrase he uses.  In most of his commentaries.  That is doctor speak for "Wake the flux up you clowns!"  Lots of restraint, there.  You gotta love the man, even if he snips at you.
FluMeNot View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMeNot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 10:23am
"I have always thought he exercised tremendous restraint."

My impression too, Joe. He certainly gets a dramatic reaction from a few
folks, though.
Flu me once, shame on you......
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 1:37pm

Time will tell if he was being dramatic or understated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic