Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wake Forest confirms two students have swine flu
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Wake Forest confirms two students have swine flu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruthie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake Forest confirms two students have swine flu
    Posted: September 03 2009 at 8:04am

Wake Forest confirms two students have swine flu

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Officials at Wake Forest University said more than 80 students are thought to have swine flu.

The Winston-Salem Journal reported Tuesday that Wake Forest plans to continue with classes as usual, although students who aren't feeling well have been told to stay home.

University spokesman Kevin Cox says two cases of swine flu were confirmed Friday and dozens of other ill students also are thought to have the H1N1 strain. Cox says most of the cases have been relatively mild and the students are being treated at the university's health service.

Doctors say most cases run their course naturally. Medical care is recommended if body temperature reaches 103 or higher, if there is vomiting, a rash or a change in behavior.

Hugs Ruthie
abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 3:26pm
I have a friend who works at Guilford college in Greensboro. She got a email from one of her employees, stating that they had the swine flu was officially diagnosed. They say they have a fever of 104 and that they need to be home until the fevor breaks and has been gone for 24 hours.  OMG

Then the employee asks his boss if they will please not tell the others that this individual has had the Swine flu, because they do not want to be treated like they have the plague they said when they return to work healthy.

The sick person had also told my friend to call the administration who they had made aware of their diagnosis for confirmation.

So whether or not Guilford has admitted it or not, they have it too.  People are sure going to be more likely to practise the good sanitary techniques if they know they are at greater risk because the virus is among them.  Some schools disclose others may not.
debracanice View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debracanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 4:43pm
I heard on  a news story that hand washing is not proven to stop the spread of the flu as flu are airborne
Still as I write this I think it is silly to wait to have a study on everything
but still the scientist who say this know there never has been a study on the effectiveness of handwashing

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic