Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Fresh Tomatoes = Dry Tomatoes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jacky374 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacky374 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fresh Tomatoes = Dry Tomatoes
    Posted: February 25 2015 at 3:29am
I would second the suggestion for taking a look at the other lists. Medical supplies are a must, I also see no type of emergency supplies if we lose electricity: flashlights, batteries, radio, candles, oil lamp, solar lights. What a bout bleach? to sanitize water to drink  with if we need to do that and for sanitizing surfaces/cleaning in case of flu.

We are the pioneers in providing testking microsoft certification dumps and testking cissp tutorials with  exam pass guarantee. Download our latest testkingccie mines.edu questions to pass real exam holycross

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 2:02pm
Ok, just dried about 10 - 12 pounds of fresh tomatoes. Some slicing tomatoes and some roma tomatoes. When dry they fill to the 8 cup measure on an 8 measure cup.

I made sure they were really dry left them at 140 degrees for 12 hours then 130 degrees for 9 hours.    Some of the thick slices at the top were not totally dry at 12 hours so I moved racks and did the next 9 hours at lower temp. They look great and feel crisp.

I now vacuum pack in 5 small packages which equals about 2 lbs tomatoes per pack. Put that on the outside and then I freeze them. Why freeze just keeps them much longer...have had some for years and they are still great.

Hope this helps someone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic