Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

CDC Mixes H1N1, H5N1 Viruses in Tests - Event Date: September 17 2009 - October 17 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jandressup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: CDC Mixes H1N1, H5N1 Viruses in Tests
    Posted: September 17 2009 at 11:23am

swinefluPublic-health officials are breathing a small sigh of relief that the H1N1 swine flu virus hasn’t mutated to become more deadly since emerging last spring. But what are the chances it will?

To find out, scientists at the CDC recently launched experiments in the agency’s labs in which they infected ferrets with both the new H1N1 virus and the highly lethal H5N1 avian flu virus to see if they might “reassort” to create a new hybrid.

The scientists want to know whether a combination of the H1N1 virus -– highly transmissible, but not terribly deadly -– and the H5N1 flu virus could create an easily transmissible, deadly scourge. The H5N1 virus has only sickened 440 people world-wide since 2003 and generally isn’t transmitted from one person to another. But it has killed 262, or about 60%, of those people, according to the World Health Organization.

As the new H1N1 flu has spread, flu experts have kept a close eye on Egypt and parts of the world where human H5N1 infections are occurring too. The two viruses could mix if they infected the same person simultaneously. The new H1N1 virus was also detected recently in turkeys in Chile, proving that it has the capacity to jump to birds, another potential source for reassortment.

The CDC scientists don’t have results of their lab experiments in ferrets yet, said Michael Shaw, associate director for laboratory science for the agency’s influenza division. While the experiments could produce viable combinations of the two viruses, the real question is whether any could create a virus that would spread, he said. “Viability is one thing,” he cautioned. “Whether it’s easily transmissible is another.”

Other experiments conducted so far suggest the new H1N1 virus isn’t terribly prone to doomsday changes. Viruses can change through either mutation of genetic material, or by reassorting with another flu virus. The new virus is lacking certain characteristics that would allow it to mutate to become more virulent, said Nancy Cox, chief of the CDC’s influenza division. “It would be difficult for this virus to acquire some of those known virulence markers,” she said.

As for reassortment, so far the new H1N1 virus hasn’t shown a penchant for mixing with other common flu viruses. In a research note published in late August on the Web site PloS Currents: Influenza, scientists infected ferrets both with the new H1N1 virus and common seasonal strains of H1N1 and H3N2 flu. The new H1N1 pandemic virus didn’t reassort.

“Co-infection of seasonal and pandemic strains did not result in the rapid selection of reassortant viruses that either improved replication or transmission or exacerbated virulence,” they concluded. The federally funded study was led by scientists at the University of Maryland.

Whatever any of the experiments show, CDC officials warn against drawing definitive conclusions. “Influenza is really unpredictable,” Cox said.

Image of H1N1 swine flu by C. S. Goldsmith and A. Balish via CDC

If you have one foot on yesterday...and one foot on tomorrow...You are "piddling" on today!....Take time to smell the Flowers....

Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 5:56pm
The Stand
Tinijocaro View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinijocaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 6:13pm
I'm reading that book right now!
Technologist View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Medclinician Medclinician wrote:

The Stand

Exactly, and I just watched that Movie again last night.

It won't be long before science and technology push us far enough to where bright college students are making this stuff in their apartment. Not a fun thing to think about.

How about a fraternity of bright misguided college chemists named: "Population Control 101"
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 6:54pm
I remember this topic...

Posted: 03 August 2009 at 1:00pm

I can understand accidents... but this below... is why it is so iffy in peoples minds.  Many would rather stay in control of their own bodies.... horrors :)

Last December, the Austrian branch of Baxter sent a batch of ordinary human H3N2 flu, altered so it could not replicate, to Avir Green Hills Biotechnology, also in Austria. In February, a lab in the Czech Republic working for Avir alerted Baxter that, unexpectedly, ferrets inoculated with a sample from the shipment had died. It was discovered that the sample contained live H5N1, which was to be used by Baxter to make vaccine. Baxter claims the two mixed by error, and called the incident a simple "accident".

in full here-
Letter Sparks Investigation of Baxter Vaccine by New Zealand Minister of Health
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 by: Barbara Minto

http://www.naturalnews.com/026571_Baxter_New_Zealand_health.html

Mary008
abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 11:54pm
YOur right it would be the Stand, unless they antisipated it, and made a vaccine against it. As much as I hate when they do this stuff, because they are a lot more sloppy then we think. It is the only way of knowing before it would happen. If there is even a slight chance, we need to know and get on it yesterday.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Mary008 Mary008 wrote:

I remember this topic...

Posted: 03 August 2009 at 1:00pm

I can understand accidents... but this below... is why it is so iffy in peoples minds.  Many would rather stay in control of their own bodies.... horrors :)

Last December, the Austrian branch of Baxter sent a batch of ordinary human H3N2 flu, altered so it could not replicate, to Avir Green Hills Biotechnology, also in Austria. In February, a lab in the Czech Republic working for Avir alerted Baxter that, unexpectedly, ferrets inoculated with a sample from the shipment had died. It was discovered that the sample contained live H5N1, which was to be used by Baxter to make vaccine. Baxter claims the two mixed by error, and called the incident a simple "accident".

Mary008

Mary, these Baxter accidents are getting too frequent to be accidental.  Baxter patented the design of this virus in 2006. Then they released a huge shipment of vaccine with live virus in it. This was basically a bioweapon and it is getting rather apparent we have a bioweapons development program going on there.

What is totally worse, is this is the company that is making 60,000,000 doses of our new vaccine. How can you possibly trust such a thing to a company who could very ship out tens of millions of doses of really nasty infective stuff.

You know, at the beginning of this 'conspiracy thing' of groups actively developing viruses to be released to decrease the population I thought it was paranoia.

As a scientist- just looking at this - and even Tech commented in one way-
college students can make a vial of stuff in a garage which is worse than whatever nuke who ever has got and could be just - popped on a subway.

We don't need nature. We have a lot of dumb people who do not get the fact if they let this stuff out it will mutate, even if they have a vaccine, and wipe out a huge number. I can go along with according to 'experts' nature -although its not doing so bad - if that was nature at making a Pandemic- is needed.

I cringe every time I go over where our safe houses are. Yea- I mean some of us know- we can't post it- but we can find it. And all it takes is one want to go to paradise infected Muslim extremist and you safe house becomes a mausoleum.  Eight feet thick of steel to protect you against a nuke locks you and your little viral friends in together.

S.K.  was on the money on his book.  People tease me - a lot- that back then I had written my own book  which bounced through and couldn't get to print- in 1982. 

Same scenario. With a few terrorists blowing up New York (this was in 1982 long before 9/11)

I am a realist. I know for a fact we have had leaks at the London class 5 lab- and I know for a fact what is about 18 labs globally. As a scientist I talk to other scientists who work in these labs and they do talk.

We had a guy who made a hanta strain which could run through the world population like Ebola on steroids and airborne. And right now we have hemorrhagic fever strains- bioweapons that are a mirror of what is in the Stand.

We should have never dug up the bodies in Alaska to see what we could fool around with at Madison or Ames to recreate the H1N1 monsters that caused 1918 Pandemic.

Our health response, resources, readiness at this point for a Pandemic with a CFR of 3% or more. Not enough.

Why mix it just to see what will happen? Well guess- because people are already recombining it and making weapons and we are trying to make a vaccine for what is already out there.

Nope.. not fiction. And TPTB and CDC and Russia and North Korea (with 11 labs) big serious ones making killer viruses AND prions- just hum along. One day- on reservoir- one day in Madison Square Gardens or Time Square- and you don't need a nuke.

Common sense. We spend 1.6 trillion dollars and something to wipe out the U.S. could be made for less than $200.

We have talked about this in the medical research community.

It is inevitable. You can not scare the people all you want- but eventually they will be dealing with a Stand type world. And people will be wandering around without food- shoot the animals are starving as it is coming into the cities because of the weather this year looking for food.

Can we stop our bioweapons people? No. Is it for the good of our people to tinker around with this kind of scary stuff. No.

Prep.

People are going to be taking snipes at Medclinician and name calling until the stuff hits, the power goes out, the net goes black, and TPTB go into hiding.in their safehouses.

The general public. We are going to be on our own. All these binders and plans were made for percent CFRs that are ludicrous. We will get hit with the big one,not if, but when. I have been saying that really, and with S.K. for decades.

Be smart people. Prepare. Print out this stuff and get ready. People keep you blindfolded to keep on making money.

Interesting lyrics from a song from Mike and the Mechanics

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/mike+&+the+mechanics/silent+running_20093553.html

There is war, famine, and pestilence coming- and great hardship- sound familiar - I wonder where such things were written about. Focus on getting prepped and forget the pounding incessant rhetoric of don't be afraid. Do be afraid- but act not react upon that fear wisely- and plan for the survival of you and your loved ones. I would not risk so much, to tell you something that did not matter.

My friends.. and those who wish to survive...

smell the coffee..

we move closer to that time..when the voices will be silent- and we must work together to survive.

better you should pray to God.. the father and the Spirit.. who will protect you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep7W89I_V_g

Medclinician
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 8:24pm
The illusion is We Think We have Control.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 10:00pm
Mahs, I agree 100% it is a illusion to even suggest any control. There are way too many what ifs out there.  What stopped Baxter the first time? What made that lab person inject those ferrets with that stuff they sent them? What made the people who did the post mortum exams not shut up and run for the hills?  Whomever they were they were not part of a conspiracy  group or they surely would have said nothing. Was it happenstance?  Each person must decide that for themselves. I know what I believe. That alone gives me the peace that passes understanding.

For those with ears they know what  Iam talking about, for those without, I feel great pity. We are to prepare because we should value our lives, and try to preserve them. We are not to fear.  Which also means if you are hearing, you will treat your fellow man as you have been commanded to treat them or you may gain everything here and loose everything in enternity.
Suzi1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2009 at 9:44am
Amen.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2009 at 10:05am
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2009 at 6:40pm
Yep, The Stand. I thought about that movie while I was driving the other day. I thought...yep, that could happen at any time. You just have to hope and pray you are one of the survivors.

Some may hope and pray the other way. Not me, nope, I am dumb enough to want to live and hope to help as many as I can. See, I am dumb...what can I say.

Loribearme View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 1:04pm
fyi

The history channel had a show that stated the CIA was making bioweapons back in the 1950's, and would kill anyone that freaked out and wanted to quit their job.....and they also used soldiers stationed in England as guinea pigs without their knowledge.

What the hell is the government doing?  What are these Chemtrails in the sky --almost a daily thing?    Why won't the mainstream news demand answers? 

Why won't the media demand answers to Baxter's mishaps?   Why are they recommending for us to take the seasonal flu shot when they know it is worthless?     And the swine flu shot with its dangerous adjunctvent - oil based squalene ??? and the news media not allowed to report on the swine flu conference in DC ??   sounds to me way too strange and my sixth sense tells me that if we don't all band together and DEMAND answers then we are all done for!!!
Loribearme View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 1:05pm
Flu mom,

forgot to add, Its  the Captain Trips!!!!!   Its gonna get us!!
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Loribearme Loribearme wrote:

fyi

What the hell is the government doing?  What are these Chemtrails in the sky --almost a daily thing?    Why won't the mainstream news demand answers? 

It   sounds to me way too strange and my sixth sense tells me that if we don't all band together and DEMAND answers then we are all done for!!!

There are more answers in the last 14 days we have uncovered than I have time or space to post. For user and reader friendliness- we stopped counting- we stopped correctly reporting- total misinformation on the mutations that have occurred- not adequate reserves or supplies for anything with a CFR over .01% when we currently had a 1.4% as per calculation from CDC case counts and deaths.

The government is getting the safe houses ready, flooding the net with calming information or high school level- what do if you have the flu- and except for two antivirals which have already developed some strain immune to them- promised an illusive vaccine which may take until March for all people to be vaccinated (after the main peak of the flu Pandemic).

Some people are already SIP- and after three years- the average person can't seem to understand this is not Avian Flu which did not spread in humans- but is 6x the spreader of normal seasonal flu.

The Baxter company which is one of the prime bloopsters in sending out live vaccine which killed ferrets the Poles wisely tested before giving to humans. It would have likely killed thousands of people- now is back ordered for 60,000,000 doses with talk of actual human testing on a massive 1,000 patients.

Meanwhile we struggle to get numbers as the Second Wave has begun spreading from Florida outward, and the flu has also mutated- again.

The spin is much ado about nothing and the reality is little information about anything.

Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic