Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The Double Standard of Mexican Immigration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Double Standard of Mexican Immigration
    Posted: October 05 2009 at 7:47pm
Originally from California, I watched in San Jose as the majority became the minority.
I picked apricots and prunes side by side with migrant workers during the summer and learned fluent Spanish. We never really saw it coming. It was the farmers- they wanted the cheap labor for their crops. The price California paid for these workers was well- going from a budget surplus to billions in the red now.

As a slumlord we bought up a block of duplexes and rented to three generations of minorities. Unlike blacks, who we also rented to- except for some profiling by the police - eventually we ran into this reverse discrimination where companies who did not hire a certain percentage of minority people would come under fire- serious. Often workers would target bosses and pressure them into promoting people simply to keep the numbers balances. This enforced integration resulted in a basic lowering of standards for student entry requirement to colleges, medical schools, and there were fierce battles and this extended to the highest levels of government.

Ironically, I am not a racist or prejudiced. I have heard all the arguments and stories and in the end actually the minorities won. They flooded California so much that it destroyed the health care system, the welfare system, and immigrants would work dirt cheap and had coyotes who would for a price smuggle in thousands of illegals.

Now the tide is turning. America is becoming no fun anymore. I believe all races should be treated equally. That means truly equally. I do not believe any should be hired on basis of race- or that mandatory quotas of how many should be enforced. Basically the system should be color blind. Equal opportunity meaning not to lower the bar requirement for state exams, for schools, so that basically many teachers are less qualified, and unable to pass basic proficiency tests.

Diversity is almost an unknown concept except in America. French.. are French. They speak French they may be of different races- but there is no big thing to bring their culture to France. France has its own culture as Russia, or Japan, or China.

The melting pot experiment has brought us to a crisis. I was sent this email which I found most intriguing.. it is the ultimate double standard.

State of Sonora, Mexico  is angry at the Flood of Mexicans returning to  Mexico!

Nine state legislators from the Mexican state of Sonora traveled to Tucson to complain about Arizona's new employer crackdown on illegals from  Mexico .

It seems that many Mexican illegals are now returning to their hometowns and the officials in the Sonora state government are ticked off about it.   A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say Arizona's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.

At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora , (Arizona's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns,) cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as Mexican workers return to their hometowns without jobs or money.

The Arizona law, which took effect Jan.1, punishes employers who knowingly hire individuals who don't have valid legal documents to work in the United States.  Penalties include suspension of, or loss of, their business license. The Mexican legislators are angry because their own citizens are returning to their hometowns, placing a burden on their state government.

'How can they pass a law like this?' asked Mexican Rep. Leticia Amparano-Gamez, who represents Nogales .  'There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona ,' she said, speaking only in Spanish. 'Mexico is not prepared for the tremendous problems it will face as more and more Mexicans (working in Arizona and sending money to their families) return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs,' she said. 'We
are one family, socially and economically,' she said of the people of Sonora and Arizona .

btw I speak fluent Spanish, did archeology work in the Yucatan and have traveled extensively in Mexico. I have never had a problem with citizens in Mexico really because I don't do drugs and I look poor when I travel. I speak to Mexicans in their language and don't try to make them speak mine.

I was fascinated by Mexican culture, Mexican food, and found the people in the deep jungles and tiny towns to be for the most part decent and many heavily devout and religious.

We of course did get a present from Mexico recently which unfortunately started a world wide Pandemic- and now it is moving through Mexico in the Second wave.

People may get irritated at some of what I have written, but I was there in my youth, both in California and Mexico. I had friends in and from Mexico, and rented to hundreds of minority people. We often tried to help them or refer them to agencies when their huge families and quite honestly sometimes were on welfare for 3 generations, struggled to survive. This has stopped now.

IMHO each nation should have a national language, and each citizen identify with the culture of that nation. American is the melting pot of many cultures, but as part Irish- I have yet to see an Irish cultural center- an Irish college which takes only Irish students- or ballots written in Gaelic. People from Germany coming to America, Russians, French, whoever wishes to become citizens learn to speak English- do we have French ballots?

The continued slavery- or bringing in immigrants in trucks, boats, vans and crossing the border and then disappearing- has brought us great grief.

If we do not tighten our laws then we shall be consumed with feeding, schooling, and medically taking care of non-citizens. This is ruining our economy and the loss of jobs to immigrants is taking vital jobs - yes even whites will get on their knees picking apricots to support a family if they are poor enough. We whine there are no jobs. There are jobs. One out of 5 Americans has worked at MacDonald's.  We can lower our standards and work for lower wages.

Lets look at Mexico and their rules concerning immigrants from America ...

. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.
2. All ballots will be in this nation's language.
3. All government business will be conducted in our language.
4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office...
6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers.  No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.  Any burden will be deported.
7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
8. If foreigners come here and buy land... options will be restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
9.. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies. These will lead to deportation.
10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively hunted &, when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.

These are simple facts and certainly as politicians court the minorities and gerrymander districts to get greater political power based SOLELY on race.

This should stop. We all should be equal- the same yardstick for all- and Americans.

Medclinician

final note- I don't think any group or race should discriminated against- but giving special treatment based on color is discrimination.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic