Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

trick or treat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trick or treat
    Posted: October 09 2009 at 5:30pm
Technologist View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 6:19pm
Knock Knock!

Trick or Treat!

Are you an Astronaut? Yes and I just blew up the Moon.

Where's the Candy and what's that needle for?

Its liquid Candy and it's full of surprises. You want it?

OK

Ouch!!!

I hate Halloween!!!

I'm telling my mommy!!!

LOL
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 7:08pm

It seems so odd to have the natural world around us altered...  nat gas drilling causing quakes, dumping in the ocean, bombing the moon?

NASA bombs moon's surface in search of water

October 10, 2009 - 12:49PM

NASA has blasted the surface of the moon with two spacecraft in a dramatic bid to find water on the lunar surface, an experiment that could be a stepping stone to a permanent moon base.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 7:16pm

$US 79 million to blast the poor Moon...   and Congress cut So. Sec. to Seniors?
Healwayshasaplan View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healwayshasaplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 7:28pm

It's all very crazy! I feel like were living in a sci-fi movie! I keep telling the kiddo's its all about adapting. Which reminds me, if you go trick or treating, what should we do about sanitizing the the little duffer's candy? Lysol? Smile 

stayinpositive
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 7:48pm
We are off topic but... : )

Bombing the moon sounds ridiculous but it offers great potential for the future.

Let's say we find enough water on the moon. If that were true then we setup a nuclear reactor on the moon to convert water into Hydrogen and Oxygen. Now we have plenty of Oxygen, Water, Sunlight and since the moon is loaded with nitrogen we can grow food and habitat the moon. We are not talking about millions of people but dozens or hundreds. The moon has been theorized to be a distant chunk of the earth so it should have endless elements like earth. So creating materials from the moon is not far fetched.

The separation of Water also results in Rocket fuel and the Fuel needed to send us back home to earth. The moon has little gravity and no atmosphere so it's very easy to get off the moon. Having a colony on the moon could save mankind if a cataclysmic asteroid impacted earth like it has numerous times in the past. Think of how dinosaurs vanished and so could mankind.

We are reaching the point with technology of saving mankind from extinction.

The moon with it's limited gravity would allow advanced space exploration. It would make the worlds best observatory as it has no atmosphere. Building structural components for a giant telescope would require much less material as the gravity is minimal. Moon observatories would allow us to track the origin of the universe. It would also allow us to spot incoming comets and asteroids far in advance compared to earth based stations.

As an inventor, I could go on with 100's of examples and I could ramble on so I'll stop now. You get an Idea why I feel that $79 million was a good investment for our future.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 9:26pm
a nuclear reactor on the moon

"Waste in Space"

I can envision all that...   the question is...   Does the rest of the world agree with US

ownership of the Moon?    I want to see responsible ownership of the Earth before  we

allow money to be spent toying with the Moon.   I do agree to a base there, nothing fancy.

Just to stake a claim :)    
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 9:51pm
That's all I can imagine happening for the next 100 years.

The moon is pretty much a lifeless object orbiting our planet. If we could add a little life to it I see no harm. We only need a tiny little speck of the moon to form a small ecosystem. We might find some ideal spots on the moon. The ownership of that spot might end up in debate. Most likely it will be a join venture between numerous countries to share the cost.
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Technologist Technologist wrote:

Knock Knock!

Trick or Treat!

Are you an Astronaut? Yes and I just blew up the Moon.

Where's the Candy and what's that needle for?

Its liquid Candy and it's full of surprises. You want it?

OK

Ouch!!!

I hate Halloween!!!

I'm telling my mommy!!!

LOL

Earth to Tech. Have you been eating those funny brownies? LOL   Confused

Boy its 1 am here.. must be there too.

You have just beat the Med free association record of a wandering thread. Do you realize..

a) the situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan is abysmal. We have thousands of soldier trapped without troop support.. and today our President gets the Nobel Peace Prize. Now that is the twilight zone.
b) everyone has gone comatose on little nuclear mountain in Iran with live nuke about read to snuff Tel Aviv. Guess that was boring.
c) We have five guys down here in WV who run the disaster stuff and flu is literally spreading like a forest fire with probably 20% infected.
d) The whole concept of prepping seems to have flown up, up and away from what was a solidly grounded prep site.
e) we have some serious very nasty strains of flu and some children drying in 5-7 days. It targets toddlers and young people. The ICUs in Australia are swamped.

So- once again in jello salad and cookie land where is the real news on outbreaks around the world- the real danger of the vaccine and a what me worry as the winter advances and a Pandemic sweeps the globe.

Giving out a vaccine with hugely toxic chemicals to children. Wow- how quaint. Some them have been banned since 2004- some are very dangerous. The mercury for instance.

Don't mind me. Obviously they left the pods or we have just entered Stepford Wives. What happened to the AFT I have known for almost 4 years- cutting edge news- heated discussion- great ready for the Pandemic?

Has it been neutralized?

Medclinician

Wishbone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2009 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Healwayshasaplan Healwayshasaplan wrote:

Which reminds me, if you go trick or treating, what should we do about sanitizing the the little duffer's candy? Lysol? Smile 

I am not handing out candy on Halloween this year...for the first time.
I don't need the little kids passing more germs to me, and I don't need to pass on any of my germs either. I am wondering if some communities will cancel Trick and Treating this year.
It's a sad situation. The kids really love going door to door.
There's going to be a lot of Grim Reapers handing out candy this year.
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2009 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Wishbone Wishbone wrote:

Originally posted by Healwayshasaplan Healwayshasaplan wrote:

Which reminds me, if you go trick or treating, what should we do about sanitizing the the little duffer's candy? Lysol? Smile 

I am not handing out candy on Halloween this year...for the first time.
I don't need the little kids passing more germs to me, and I don't need to pass on any of my germs either. I am wondering if some communities will cancel Trick and Treating this year.
It's a sad situation. The kids really love going door to door.
There's going to be a lot of Grim Reapers handing out candy this year.

This is true.  As the holiday season approaches I think this will effect the children a great deal. I am seeing a great deal of press on keeping the schools open no matter what.  As we have addressed in other threads - closing them would probably decrease the spread of the virus 40%. Today I will make an effort while doing other tasks and tomorrow to break through the wall of silence in terms of how bad things are currently. They are not good- and we do not have an accurate picture from the media or net of the extent of the Pandemic. It has most certainly reached all of America and widespread. People are not getting over it. Our family here is holed up coughing, my wife, my son, and relatives in a state of denial. It is allergies, it is just a cold, it is the water or air.

This one comes in waves and unlike other Pandemics- we are seeing sub waves as the strains mutate. It is mutating in the kids- they are the primary carriers and those hit by it the worst.

We near a crossroads where .gov is going to force parents to vaccinate them in the schools. And after what we have posted- the truth will surface- about the vaccine.

Medclinician
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2009 at 6:37am
The folks in NYS were ill over the summer... we are out in force now.  Little flu here.  Quite the opposite of Colorado... where it is looking like we did in spring/summer.  We love our fall and won't give up a bit of it :)   Halloween here is fun.  The families decorate their yards, homes with colored lights, mostly orange and green.  The little Goblins are swarming from abt. 6 to 9pm.   We are all going to be witches this year.  Shwan gives us the idea of putting water in a plastic glove and freezing it for the punch bowl.  :O
We also found lighted spiders for the window.  You can still find pipe cleaners (spiders) at Dollar stores along with other inexpensive items. 
Have Fun...  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2009 at 9:17am
Mars is a better bet! LOL, we will all be dead before man can live anywhere but here!
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2009 at 4:38pm

It shouldnt effect the kids. Parents need to become creative. My sister never let her kids go door to door.  She just felt it was not a good idea in the times we are in.  So she had a party at home. Only invited family members Kids love it.  Cause she bought what they love.

Not a bag full of candy they may not like.  And that kept the kids from being exposed to the so called bad people if you know what i mean.
I say cancel outdoor holiday activities stay home be safe and have a nice party for the kids
PrepGirl
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2009 at 5:15pm
That would be a nice alternative.  We moms took the kids around to neighbors who wanted to see their costumes... something about being out after dark with a flashlight was also a treat for them.
inthesticks View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2009 at 12:46am
Maybe we should be handing out small bottles of hand sanitizer and masks to all the little heathen (...er, I mean kiddies) this Halloween. Evil%20Smile
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2009 at 3:51pm
Just put the candy up for a day or so, according to the CDC the virus doesn't live on objects longer than anywhere from 2-6 hours, I did some research and posted over on www.swineflu.org when we were wondering about the handling of the mail.

I am going to hand out candy, but I may dress up like a doctor or nurse with an N-95 mask, latex gloves, etc.  I told my daughter that if her and her friends go TOT they need to dress up like doctors and nurses and I would supply the masks and gloves Smile. She is 13 though and there is no age limit in the small town where we live, teenagers still go TOT here, she hasn't decided if she is going or not.
Loribearme View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2009 at 5:47pm

I agree that with flu season at its peak not to hand out candy but to tell the kids to go the store when candy is 75% off!  That way no worry about germs, the kids still get candy and the leg wear and tear is gone...makes sense to me

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2009 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Loribearme Loribearme wrote:

<FONT style=": #000000">I agree that with flu season at its peak not to hand out candy but to tell the kids to go the store when candy is 75% off!  That way no worry about germs, the kids still get candy and the leg wear and tear is gone...makes sense to me

I didn't even think of the mess halloween is going to bring. I might just give kids clean quarters from rolls instead of candy this year. What kid doesn't like money?
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2009 at 6:46pm
...just ask your kids... do TOT's want quarters or candy?   :)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2009 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Mary008 Mary008 wrote:

...just ask your kids... do TOT's want quarters or candy? :)

Kids will usually say candy first. When the candy bag and their stomachs start to fill they don't mind getting money.
At least that's how I remember my tricker treating last year, I mean 30+ years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic