Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Europe-Black Lung- Flu mutation spreads - Event Date: November 12 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Europe-Black Lung- Flu mutation spreads
    Posted: November 18 2009 at 12:28pm
Needing more confirmation but main stream - not only is the Swine Flu increasing - but also the tag along undefined respiratory bug which may be the same as the in the Ukraine. More confirmation needed. This is a significant event. This can be explained away as it is common for these disease to occur together- but this may be one of the first incidence of this outside Ukraine and this is translated from Norwegian

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aftenposten.no%2Fhelse%2Farticle3368591.ece&sl=no&tl=en&history_state0=

630,000 Norwegians flu infected

We estimate that just under 630,000 Norwegians are now infected and that nearly half a million were infected just last week.

you must surf to page to read this in English.. I am going to  translate (capturing parts of google trans) .. to see if I can get the text - on here posted in case the link dies.

Wednesday evening FHI reported that the number of infected people is 900,000, and the number of infected last week 500,000.  This was due to a miscalculation by the Department.
 The entire 13 per cent of Norway's population is now infected with the swine flu. The estimates of Public Health (FHI) for the latest updated situation report that was published late Wednesday night.

Both the incidence of influenza-like illness and the number of confirmed flu cases has increased sharply throughout the country in recent weeks. But last week was a steep upward curve.
 According to the NIPH was all as many as 300,000 Norwegians infected with swine flu only last week.

The article continues below the video window.

We estimate that just under 630,000 Norwegians are now infected and that nearly half a million were infected just last week.  There are a large number and it tells us that we are in the middle of a new and powerful wave of infection which is significantly stronger than the one we had this summer, "said Hans Blystad, superintendent at the NIPH.

He will not mean anything if, or when, we can expect to reach a temporary peak of infection, but said a leveling off of the number of new infected first is probably when even more is vaccinated.

Infection estimates of the NIPH is based on reported cases in the last week from 201 physician offices spread across the country, including laboratory tests and how many were diagnosed with "influenza-like illness".

14 percent of those who went to the doctor last week had this diagnosis.Of the tests that were done in more detail in the laboratory showed all samples swine influenza virus.

Svineinfluensavirset has now spread epidemic in the whole country, and is most extensive in the Southeast and West Coast.

So far, 772 Norwegians hospitalized in connection with the swine flu pandemic.94 received intensive treatment, and 16 are dead. . 13 of them died in hospital.Yesterday was the 93 people hospitalized, and 20 in intensive care.

comment: this is a 2% CFR of those hospitalized

Deputy Health Director Bjorn Guldvog believe that the number of infected in Norway will increase.

We believe we are on a rising wave in the number of infected people.But soon, almost all the risk groups vaccinated, so we hope for a avflating in the number of critically ill and died, "said Guldvog.

see link for full translation is link remains stable

Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2009 at 11:53am
The unusual illness I first started posting on recently is still continuing to spread.

Sharp Rise of 300,000 Norwegians Infected with Swine Flu Last Week.

Swine flu A/H1N1 spreads quickly but is largely mild. It is way milder than seasonal flu. In fact, a lot of people recover without seeing the doctor. The mortality rate is far lower than that of seasonal flu too. So, we must not submit to the fear mongering of the pharmaceutical cartel. I am highlighting this case, because I believe swine flu is bio-engineered. Coupled with the hemorrhagic pneumonia of Ukraine, we need to keep an eye on unusual flu ‘events’.

They backtracked on there original numbers which were

This was the original numbers given.

Wednesday evening FHI reported that the number of infected people is 900,000, and the number of infected last week 500,000. This was due to a miscalculation by the Department.

The entire 13 per cent of Norway’s population is now infected with the swine flu. The estimates of Public Health (FHI) for the latest updated situation report that was published late Wednesday night.

Both the incidence of influenza-like illness and the number of confirmed flu cases has increased sharply throughout the country in recent weeks. Men i forrige uke gikk kurven bratt oppover. But last week was a steep upward curve.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2009 at 11:56am
The same spin is spreading as the unidentified (but known to authorities illness) continues. Despite the fact it may be a completely different pathogen not ruling out pneumonic plague- we continue to hear mutated H1N1. Considered they fought for so long to insist that H1N1 had not mutated - this is odd, since I posted 5 instances of mutated H1N1 especially in Brazil.

Now the new spin is everywhere it is a Swine flu mutations. What is not posted is the new strain may be completely resistant to the current vaccine made based on the California strain.

Med
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2009 at 12:22pm
how these old hidden accounts seem to blossom forth Wink

Beware of the pneumonic plague carrying Norwegian Rat

http://ajp.amjpathol.org/cgi/reprint/174/3/910.pdf

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2009 at 3:40pm
Swine Flu Mutation May Make Disease More Severe, Norway Says

By Marianne Stigset

Nov. 20 (Bloomberg) -- Norway’s Institute of Public Health discovered a mutated form of the H1N1 influenza virus that may make it more prone to infect deeper in the airways and cause more severe disease.

The mutated virus has been detected in two patients who died of the flu and one who was severely ill with the disease out of 70 cases tested, the institute said today in a statement.

“Based on what we know so far, it seems that the mutated virus does not circulate in the population, but might be a result of spontaneous changes which have occurred in these three patients,” Geir Stene-Larsen, the head of the institute, said in the statement. “There is no indication that this change in the virus is of any importance for the effect of the vaccine or the effect of antiviral treatment.”

Norway has had an estimated 700,000 cases of infections of H1N1, with 21 reported deaths. The Institute of Public Health estimates about 25 percent of the population of about 4.7 million to be at risk of contagion.

“It’s most likely that the virus’s capability to mutate is not just specific to Norway; it will occur in other countries as well,” Stene-Larsen said in an interview on broadcaster TV2 today.

To contact the reporter on this story: Marianne Stigset in Oslo at mstigset@bloomberg.net

Last Updated: November 20, 2009 11:58 EST

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2009 at 3:59pm
http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/world/20091120_ap_whoinvestigatingnorwayswineflumutations.html

Posted on Fri, Nov. 20, 2009

WHO investigating Norway swine flu mutations

The Associated Press

GENEVA - The World Health Organization said Friday it is investigating samples of variant swine flu linked to two deaths and one severe case in Norway, but that so far the significance of the mutation is unclear.

Norway's Institute of Public Health announced Friday that the mutation "could possibly...cause more severe disease" because it infects tissue deeper in the airway than usual.

The mutation was found in three of 70 analyzed swine flu cases, said Geir Stene-Larsen, the institute's director.

Stene-Larsen said he does not believe the mutant virus is circulating in the general population in Norway, where about 680,000 people are estimated to have been infected with swine flu to date and 23 have died.

The same mutation has been found in both fatal and mild cases elsewhere, including in Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, Ukraine, and the United States, said WHO.

In addition, "worldwide, viruses from numerous fatal cases have not shown the mutation," the global body said. "The public health significance of this finding is thus unclear."

"Just to say that the mutated virus infects deeper tissue doesn't really tell us very much," WHO spokesman Thomas Abraham told The Associated Press. "What we really need is more clinical and epidemiological data."

WHO said the anti-viral drugs still appear to be effective against viruses with the mutation, and studies show that currently available pandemic vaccines confer protection against the variant strain.

Virus mutations occur spontaneously and many have no effect on the danger a virus poses to humans.

"Although further investigation is under way, no evidence currently suggests that these mutations are leading to an unusual increase in the number of H1N1 infections or a greater number of severe or fatal cases," said WHO.

Meanwhile the Geneva-based agency updated its global tally of deaths caused by the virus to over 6,750.

It said transmissions appear to have peaked in some parts of the United States and Western Europe, but elsewhere the number of cases is still increasing, including in eastern Europe, and Central and Western Asia.

Medclinician

abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 3:31am
It  was never in doubt that the virus would eventually mutate, however it did not mutate in Brazil. At least according to Brazil it did not.

Our of  seven hundred thousand cases of flu,  16  are dead, mutatted or not, this is not a major killer disease at this point. Missing are any reports of pre-existing conditions.

But it sure has a nice death and  scare ring to it, does it not?

The lunatic is on the grass.
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs.
Got to keep the loonies on the path.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 5:05am
Originally posted by abcdefg abcdefg wrote:

It  was never in doubt that the virus would eventually mutate, however it did not mutate in Brazil. At least according to Brazil it did not.

Our of  seven hundred thousand cases of flu,  16  are dead, mutatted or not, this is not a major killer disease at this point. Missing are any reports of pre-existing conditions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to my research yesterday not only did it mutate in Brazil, that mutation has spread. You need to back off on the personal attacks and focus on science. Argue with WHO and stop posting gibberish. You are not destroying my credibility- you are destroying your own.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/091120/health/health_flu_who_mutation

Mutation found in swine flu virus: WHO

GENEVA (AFP) - The World Health Organisation said Friday that a mutation had been found in samples of the swine flu virus taken following the first two deaths from the pandemic in Norway.

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['.KTlBkSO5_I-']='&U=13gi1fcdm%2fN%3d.KTlBkSO5_I-%2fC%3d753512.13772434.13804887.11107163%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5916109%2fV%3d1';

However, it stressed that the mutation did not appear to cause a more contagious or more dangerous form of A(H1N1) influenza and that some similar cases observed elsewhere had been mild.

"The Norwegian Institute of Public Health has informed WHO of a mutation detected in three H1N1 viruses," the WHO said in a briefing note.

"The viruses were isolated from the first two fatal cases of pandemic influenza in the country and one patient with severe illness," it said, although it added that no further instances were found in tests.

"Norwegian scientists have analysed samples from more than 70 patients with clinical illness and no further instances of this mutation have been detected. This finding suggests that the mutation is not widespread in the country," the UN health agency explained.

WHO spokesman Gregory Haertl told AFP that the global health watchdog did not believe "that this has any significant impact for the time being."

However, the agency revealed that a similar mutation had been observed in Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, Ukraine, and the United States, as early as April.

comment: you are mistaken for lack of better research.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 5:16am
Originally posted by abcdefg abcdefg wrote:

Deb- this aversion of yours is delusional. The same style and spin seems to be present in several different users. Read the data in my posts. One- my mental health is fine and two

NEW VIRUS TYPE BEING TESTED
Swine Flu Virus Mutated, Experts Afraid
A new virus strain has been discovered in Brazil, the A/Sao Paolo/1454/H1N1, but it has not been determined how dangerous it is.

comment: It mutated in Brazil.

http://www.javno.com/en-world/swine-flu-virus-mutated-experts-afraid_265913

I prefer science to government denials.

Medclinician
Loribearme View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 1:47pm
http://www.examiner.com/x-29228-LA-Health-Technology-Examiner~y2009m11d21-H1N1-mutation-in-Norway--Increased-patient-fatalities-due-to-more-dangerous-strain-of-the-swine-flu
H1N1 mutation in Norway - Increased patient fatalities due to more dangerous strain of the swine flu
Wearing%20a%20Flu%20Mask%20can%20Protect%20against%20H1N1%20Virus
Wearing a Flu Mask can Protect against H1N1 Virus
AP Photo/Nick Ut

Doctors in Norway have identified H1N1 mutations in genetic material from patients with fatal swine flu infections. The mutated H1N1 virus caused severe symptoms, and were found in patients that died early in the flu outbreak. Health authorities believe that there is no evidence of transmission of these mutated viruses to other humans, but similar mutations have been seen in other countries, including Mexico, the United States, and in the Ukraine. According to the World Health Organization, this is the result of spontaneous changes in the virus in each host.

Symptoms of Swine Flu Mutation

The swine flu mutation found in Norway resulted in severe respiratory distress. The Norwegian Institute of Public Health stated that the mutation gave the virus a greater ability to affect the respiratory system, allowing it to cause more damage. Ukraine flu symptoms reportedly include bleeding in the lungs.

Impact of H1N1 mutation on Norway

According to Geir Stene-Larsen, the director of Norway's Institute of Public Health, this mutation was only found in three cases, out of the 70 swine flu cases that were analyzed. Two of those cases resulted in the death of the patient. 

Related Information:

Ukraine virus update - flu deaths rise to 354, but Ukraine Health Officials plan to lift quarantine

FDA Panel rejects FluBlok, faster flu vaccine production - 75 days to vaccination from new flu virus

Ukraine Flu Outbreak

October batch of H1N1 vaccine recalled by manufacturer - GlaxoSmithKline reports side effect dangers

Ukraine virus : H1N1 and Parainfluenza makes a deadly combination as Ukraine flu outbreak worsens

function getUrlParam(name) { name = name.replace(/[\[]/,"\\\[").replace(/[\]]/,"\\\]"); var regexS = "[\\?&]"+name+"=([^&#]*)"; var regex = new RegExp( regexS ); var results = regex.exec( window.location.href ); if( results == null ) return ""; else return results[1]; } var src = "http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/cdg.examiner.Philadelphia/Health;kw=;exid=29228;source=11;pos=10;category=Life;edition=Philadelphia;section=Health;tile=10;sz=160x31;ord=insertordhere?"; var src = src.replace("insertordhere", ord); var splitResult = src.split(";"); var finalResult = ""; for(i = 0; i < splitResult.length; i++ finalResult = finalResult + splitResult; if(i+1 != splitResult.length) { finalResult = finalResult + ";"; } if(i+1 == 5) { finalResult = finalResult + "adtest=" + getUrlParam('adtest') + ";"; } } document.write('< ="1.1" ="'+finalResult+'" >'); < =1.1 ="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/cdg.examiner.Philadelphia/Health;kw=;exid=29228;source=11;pos=10;adtest=;category=Life;edition=Philadelphia;section=Health;tile=10;sz=160x31;ord=2887926941881117?"> Click%20here%20to%20find%20out%20more!
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Loribearme Loribearme wrote:

http://www.examiner.com/x-29228-LA-Health-Technology-Examiner~y2009m11d21-H1N1-mutation-in-Norway--Increased-patient-fatalities-due-to-more-dangerous-strain-of-the-swine-flu
H1N1 mutation in Norway - Increased patient fatalities due to more dangerous strain of the swine flu

Lori, you were lucky to find this article. I am seeing a blackout as of November 20, 2009 and am going to go off mainstream to find much more I think.

What is really lacking here is maps and charts of the new disease or strain as well as definitive statements. This is the shape of things to come for the U.S.

Medclinician
reality check View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Medclinician Medclinician wrote:

Originally posted by Loribearme Loribearme wrote:

Lori, you were lucky to find this article. I am seeing a blackout as of November 20, 2009 and am going to go off mainstream to find much more I think.

What is really lacking here is maps and charts of the new disease or strain as well as definitive statements. This is the shape of things to come for the U.S.

Medclinician

gee Med...thats the exact same rag(examiner) that in another post you use as reference and claim to be your home town rag.Quite a "find" indeed. It's a NATIONAL rag.Med...RC(other reference to examiner was the norway rat thread..just last night.Sorry Med but you make this too easy not to question.RC
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 7:02am
Originally posted by reality check reality check wrote:

Quite a "find" indeed. It's a NATIONAL rag.Med...RC

This was posted earlier in this thread. http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/world/20091120_ap_whoinvestigatingnorwayswineflumutations.html

The Associated Press

Is there a problem here with information from WHO, the AP, or the Philadelphia media. Please stay on topic in terms of the content of the Norway swine flu mutations and once again- refrain from personal comments and attacks on the posters.  I am putting in two more complaints on your continuing efforts to corrupt and throw genuine news threads off track.

John Bell R.N. West Virginia and California (inactive in CA)

CEO Crystalware Defense/ Scientific Researcher

lightoftruth View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member
Swine Flu.org Mod. Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightoftruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 7:08am
RC,, other than being disruptive, what exactly does your comment relating to Med's local paper have to do with swine flu?? Please tell us what profound insight it brings to the discussion????
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 7:13am
Seattle Times - Mainstream Media

Originally published Friday, November 20, 2009 at 10:10 AM

The World Health Organization said Friday it is investigating samples of variant swine flu linked to two deaths and one severe case in Norway, but that so far the significance of the mutation is unclear.

The Associated Press

GENEVA —

The World Health Organization said Friday it is investigating samples of variant swine flu linked to two deaths and one severe case in Norway, but that so far the significance of the mutation is unclear.

Norway's Institute of Public Health announced Friday that the mutation "could possibly...cause more severe disease" because it infects tissue deeper in the airway than usual.

The mutation was found in three of 70 analyzed swine flu cases, said Geir Stene-Larsen, the institute's director.

Stene-Larsen said he does not believe the mutant virus is circulating in the general population in Norway, where about 680,000 people are estimated to have been infected with swine flu to date and 23 have died.

The same mutation has been found in both fatal and mild cases elsewhere, including in Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, Ukraine, and the United States, said WHO.

In addition, "worldwide, viruses from numerous fatal cases have not shown the mutation," the global body said. "The public health significance of this finding is thus unclear."

"Just to say that the mutated virus infects deeper tissue doesn't really tell us very much," WHO spokesman Thomas Abraham told The Associated Press. "What we really need is more clinical and epidemiological data."

WHO said the anti-viral drugs still appear to be effective against viruses with the mutation, and studies show that currently available pandemic vaccines confer protection against the variant strain.

Virus mutations occur spontaneously and many have no effect on the danger a virus poses to humans.

"Although further investigation is under way, no evidence currently suggests that these mutations are leading to an unusual increase in the number of H1N1 infections or a greater number of severe or fatal cases," said WHO.

Meanwhile the Geneva-based agency updated its global tally of deaths caused by the virus to over 6,750.

It said transmissions appear to have peaked in some parts of the United States and Western Europe, but elsewhere the number of cases is still increasing, including in eastern Europe, and Central and Western Asia.

John Bell- CEO Crystalware Defense - Medical and Technology Research
aka Medclinician author of Pandemic Now Survival Guide

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 7:15am

Quite a "find" indeed. It's a NATIONAL rag.Med...RC

This was posted earlier in this thread. http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/world/20091120_ap_whoinvestigatingnorwayswineflumutations.html

The Associated Press

Is there a problem here with information from WHO, the AP, or the Philadelphia media. Please stay on topic in terms of the content of the Norway swine flu mutations and once again- refrain from personal comments and attacks on the posters.  I am putting in two more complaints on your continuing efforts to corrupt and throw genuine news threads off track.

John Bell R.N. West Virginia and California (inactive in CA)

CEO Crystalware Defense/ Scientific Researcher

Look Med...I read your "original post(thanks to Tech) ,this morning and it now appears you have hired "people" to find me in Canada.That infers stalking and with your past easilly accessable just by searching google you may want to reconsider. As far as complaints about me...get in lineWinkRC
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 7:20am

Originally published Friday, November 20, 2009 at 10:10 AM

The World Health Organization said Friday it is investigating samples of variant swine flu

comment: This indicates WHO at least is stating we have a variant of swine flu- mutation

linked to two deaths and one severe case in Norway, but that so far the significance of the mutation is unclear.

The Associated Press

GENEVA —

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

unable to post byline or edit profile so it must be included in posts

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 7:21am
Originally posted by lightoftruth lightoftruth wrote:

RC,, other than being disruptive, what exactly does your comment relating to Med's local paper have to do with swine flu?? Please tell us what profound insight it brings to the discussion????

No problem Light....last night he used the exact same source and story regarding norway rats flu mutation and then this morning lorri states exact same article and source and Med says good find  and how since nov20 there has been a blackout on that story. It just does not make sense>RC
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 8:29am

It just does not make sense>RC

Doing the search with one engine I am getting a lot of 11/20 data as WHO goes into this investigating and stating there has been a mutation. At the same time they are covering their back with it won't effect the vaccine. Then further on they state they really can't predict what will happen in the future.

Well, either they can or can't predict- and they can't. They keep wanting to jump ahead and say no matter how this mutates don't worry, the vaccine will still handle it. We have 3 resistant instances to Tamiflu and if this changes enough the vaccine- which hasn't even proved effective against the original strain- please site me a link saying where it has and don't use pretzel logic as to well- they haven't proved it doesn't. Look at the stakes here, the money, the lives. You don't go charging in with untested vaccine (they had to test some-that is where they got the side effects) for a flu which is not that dangerous and force everyone to take it.

This is basic common sense. And a lot of the public statements which are a muddle of political ambiguities don't cut it.

You are not going into this as a scientist. You have had this slant since day one no matter what breaks out, it won't be that bad, we can handle it, and we don't need to prep. You are playing for the wrong choir. People are here because I think many at least consider it a potential threat, they want to know how to prep, and you are not being scientific- you are nit picking.

It mutated. Its like I told abcdefg. It mutated in Brazil. I posted a huge thread with scientists, sequences, and even to the strand. People were jumping right over the science and just saying.. well.. I just don't believe it.

You already have your mind made up. We just keep looking for more data.

Thanks to those that keep looking with us together.

1NiceGuy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1NiceGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 8:44am
Med,
Still following your posts and appreciate all the work you do.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
Louis Pasteur

-- Louis Pasteur
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 5:41pm
Some continues to now spread through Europe. Some of it is the classic, perhaps mutated strain of H1N1 which seems to have a little more horse power than before. However, I am getting reports from more and more countries, and it is getting increasing disturbing what is happening in Europe.

They call it the "new virus" and it has touched down in Romania- and there are 1,400 cases with it.

http://www.financiarul.ro/2009/11/17/in-romania-there-are-almost-1400-cases-with-new-virus/

Sixty-two new cases of flue with A/H1N1 pandemic virus have been confirmed in the past 24 hours. Till November 16, 1,397 cases have been confirmed in Romania, informs the Ministry of Health.

The most numerous cases of new flue have been confirmed in the past 24 hours in Counties Botosani (north-eastern Romania), 15, Galati (eastern Romania), 8, Vaslui (eastern Romania), 7, and in the city of Bucharest, 6.

Following confirmation of cases of A/N1H1 flu in schools, starting on November 16, the educational process will be suspended for 7 days in several secondary and primary schools in Bucharest and the above-mentioned counties.

comment: there haven't been many sequences are exact checks of the strain of this new bug- but it is rapidly- if silently spreading through Europe. How many are H1N1 as opposed to something else. Time will tell. Mostly time will tell by whether we have the dark stain in the lungs that is the calling card of the new hemorrhagic mutation.

Memories of India- while not in Europe- pushes the envelope of a mysterious emerging disease which we are hoping will not find its way to our shores.  Not all that is flu is H1N1 in India either.

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/nov/051109-Sassoon-hospital-Swine-Flu-Casualities-Pune.htm

'Don't know what caused the deaths'

By: Alifiya Khan   Date:  2009-11-05   Place: Pune

Doctors at Sassoon hospital anxiously await report on 35 patients who died of infection that caused symptoms similar to swine flu

Doctors at Sassoon Hospital, who are in the thick of the swine flu battle, are a worried lot. Thirty-five patients with swine flu-like symptoms died in the last 45 days at the hospital, and not one of them tested positive for swine flu. The doctors still don't know what caused the death of these patients.  

Tell the world
"We requested the National Institute of Virology (NIV) to check tissue samples from these patients for eight to 10combinations of the HN virus subtype like H1N2 or H2N2. It is extremely important that the virus is identified so we can decide on the course of treatment," said Dr Arun Jamkar, dean of Sassoon Hospital, which has been dubbed as the epicentre of the swine flu activity in the state.

On October 28, doctors at Sassoon shared the data on these deaths with USA, and virologists across the world in a videoconference.

Despite repeated attempts, Dr A C Mishra, director of NIV, remained unavailable for comment. Dr Mandeep Chaddha, deputy director, NIV, said she wasn't authorised to speak to the media.

and so- we have a mystery. It is not the kind of mystery where we want to bring in a lot of bad Soviets spraying citizens with germs. No- we will leave that for the wilder bunch of conspiracy people. It is a mystery of a changing or different pathogen that is moving throughout Europe. It is a documented mystery. It is not just so many bloggers having a fun time mirroring something which like many political speeches has no foundation. It is a serious problem.

What do we know? We can assume with some credibility Norway that the rate on increase of flu is increasing rapidly. In Norway foe example 300,000 residents contacted the flu in a single week. Whatever disease has been released is moving across Europe fast. This bug has spread too widely to be a Ukrainian election scam.

Did it start in the Ukraine with the drone of helicopters and spray? At this point that is not relevant. That it is spreading and that it may be changing is.

Lets move to Bulgaria. It is now epidemic.

http://paper.standartnews.com/en/article.php?d=2009-11-07&article=30069

This is dated- November 7th, but well doesn't that happen a lot in .gov release of information. It is frequently weeks later, even in CDC and main .gov sites in the U.S. they are not that up to date. Yes- it takes time to gather the data and put it up there- yet media seems to be a little quicker on the draw-

Flu Epidemic Declared in Bulgaria

City mayors insist on mandatory protective medical masks in the streets

The A(H1N1) flu has badly affected Bulgaria. Over 210 people per 10,000 suffer from its symptoms - 40C temperature, severe pains in the bones and muscles,

comment: I wanted to stress this miserable achy stuff which will leave you wondering what is wrong with you. I, for one, and our family, one diagnosed with Swine Flu and a mommy who fought it off- were getting pain in a lot of places. This one hurts. So it is systemic- and it is miserable.

coughing, which quite easily develop into pneumonia. Bulgaria is under quarantine. For the first time a national flu epidemic has been declared in Bulgaria. The number of patients grows like an avalanche, No.1 epidemiologist Angel Kunchev informed. The prognoses of the WHO show that the swine flu will hit every third European.
From Monday on, schools in Bulgaria will close doors. Creches and kindergartens will be closed if 30% of the kids are absent. Hospitals suspend scheduled operations and ban visits to patients. Mayors of many towns in Bulgaria intend to introduce mandatory protective medical masks in the streets. Public places, such as theaters, cinemas and malls will not be closed so far, sources from Bulgaria's Ministry of Health informed, but called on people to avoid visiting public places.

comment: we are in areas hitting that 30% mark. There is no reason to logically think, while there are poorer areas in Bulgaria- we are not going to see this hit 1/3 of Americans. That doesn't mean it will be a big killer. It does mean we are going to have a lot of miserable people and it means the ERs and ICUs may go into diversion.

(to be continued)

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 6:01pm
We continue this thread with actually a clear cut theme of three parts.
1) It started in the Ukraine
2) It is spreading now through Europe and has jumped to India
3) This as stated by WHO in many cases IS NOT H1N1 as we know it and they are working around the clock to figure what it is. Despite hammering reassurances the vaccine will work- some countries aren't buying it. Canada isn't. They are backing off on the vaccine. Poland is backing off on the vaccine. They are saying - look- some of the SCIENTISTS are saying - it isn't worth the risk as opposed to the the death toll. How complicated can that be?  We can get all numerical and say how little the death toll is. Bluntly, you aren't being told the death toll. As my grandfather Ralph would say- none of what you hear and only half of what you see- believe. Assume- and this can stand firmly- they report less cases and deaths than there are. Even not by design. They just miss some. How many?
Some say- a lot. CDC itself, I quote- has said our numbers do not reflect an accurate count in the general population. It is probably more. It probably is.

Listen to the scientists, the virologists, especially those not on .gov payroll. And keep an open mind whether these are Russian scientists, form Hungary, Poland, or Ukraine. We need to put on the wide angle vision and just sit back and make up our minds based on the facts as they filter in. I am grateful for the brave posters here who post contra-spin. Not because they are rebels or fear mongers. But because they give us an alternate perspective.

We are not finished. I have other news and other countries.

According to the press service of Belarus continues to rise in the incidence of influenza and acute respiratory infections (ARI). From 2 to 9 November in 18 cities of the republic controls 223,349 registered cases of influenza and ARI. Among the control of cities, the highest incidence rates of influenza and ARI recorded in Rechitsa, Gomel, Mozyr, Molodechno, Mogilev, Vitebsk, Borisov, Minsk, Soligorsk.

In the region from 2 to 9 November diagnosed with influenza and acute respiratory infections (ARI), put 48,752 people, of which the proportion of children was 49% (24051), adults - 51% (24701). Share hospitalized was 2.7% (1,299 people). Among the hospitalized children predominate (60%).

At all administrative territories of the Gomel region introduced a set of preventive measures. In connection with a high incidence in Gomel region on November 9 in 169 schools and three vocational training institutions suspend
ed the learning process.

comment: Yes- we need to check this out and dig deeper for links. It is part of a trend though and fits into the whole picture. Spreading INFLUENZA AND ARI- there is our 'other disease(s)

Finally- the Turkey outbreak link got well diverted. So later we will come back and follow up on this.

Sidestepping the landmines of politics, conspiracy shouting matches and censoring certain sites and persons in the interest of solid science- is not solid science. Some good stuff is coming out directly from the people and on the spot first hand reports.

On November 20th my favorite engine stopped giving me links to support or update the spread. Thanks to the other users who have carried the thread.

We can do this without scaring people. We are alerting people. Just Avian was a big bust and prepping seems a little out there- as one person commenting- no need to avoid common sense. Store some extra food, water, and medicine. Prep.

Maybe we will get to know what the disease is that is popping up with H1N1 or maybe H1N1 which was said by WHO to be a variant strain will be sensitive to the vaccine.  Maybe less sensitive.

We'll keep on tracking. And watching the outbreaks. That gives you a head start and keeps you informed. The point of this thread.

Technologist View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 7:36pm

All flu's mutate with time or they simply die out. The swine flu may get worse or may get milder. Many seasonal flu's change so rapidly that the protection ( vaccine ) is only meant to last a year. My first concern is not "if" it mutates but if the mutation is great enough and virulent enough to make the current vaccine useless. The second concern is the mortality rate per infection. If we ever start running into "wide spread" 100 or 1,000 fold higher mortality rates is when we would run into problems. Then all our prepping would come in handy.

So far we have no concrete evidence that Ukraine has changed to the point that the current vaccine is ineffective. What happened to the false reporting of thousands of dead laying in the streets? You don't think pictures would be all over the web. You can find hundreds of 24 hour live webcams covering Ukraine http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rls=en&q=ukraine+webcams&aq=f&oq=&aqi=.

I found 30+ in my first 5-6 clicks   We also show an extremely low mortality rate for a Pandemic. 1,580,000 million infections with 374 deaths is a .02367% mortality rate. http://en.rian.ru/exsoviet/20091122/156938837.html

Ukraine is already becoming old news and was just a blown out of proportion Election event a http://www.google.org/flutrends/ua/

Australia that so far has turned out to be a very mild flu season compared to the last 4-5 years. Yet is was big news months ago. Click the link if you doubt it. If anything the swine flu's dominance over the seasonal flu reduced the mortality rate in Australia. http://www.google.org/flutrends/au/

Russia is getting hit "much harder" then Ukraine is but they are not in false panic mode.
http://www.google.org/flutrends/ru/

The US seems to have peaked long ago and now we wait to see how bad the next wave is going to be.
http://www.google.org/flutrends/us/
********************************************************************************************
The entire Brazil mutation quoted here ended up being a hyped up non event and that includes the false 1-3% CFR that never happened.

************************************************************************************

GENEVA The World Health Organization said Friday it is investigating samples of variant swine flu linked to two deaths and one severe case in Norway, but that so far the significance of the mutation is unclear.
The mutation was found in three of 70 analyzed swine flu cases, said Geir Stene-Larsen, the institute's director

NOTE: 680,000 with 23 deaths = .00338% Fatality Ratio in Norway so far.

"Just to say that the mutated virus infects deeper tissue doesn't really tell us very much,"
WHO spokesman Thomas Abraham told The Associated Press. "What we really need is more clinical and epidemiological data."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gAG8JIi-BG6_KX_oghVIpFGidP8wD9C3EQKG0
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 2:14am

They call it the "new virus" and it has touched down in Romania- and there are 1,400 cases with it.

Romania might turn out to be all hype like Ukraine was. The Romanian Government just collapsed and a very close election is only two weeks away. If a large scale deadly mutation were to let loose. It would be plastered on the news faster then we could post about it. I just don't see how digging for stories that have already been posted and then finding them and re-posting them is going to give us much warning if anything does get serious.

Even Google Flu trends has consistently been two weeks ahead of the stories I've seen posted anywhere. You should study how flu trends works. A little kid get's a low grade fever and Flu Trends is tracking it days before the kid is even driven to the hospital.

***********************************************************************************************

Romania's president, rival in runoff election
BUCHAREST, Romania: Romania's centrist president will face a socialist former foreign minister in a Dec. 6 runoff election, partial results showed Monday, in a race key to helping the country emerge from a political and economic crisis.
President Traian Basescu received 32.8 percent of the vote, while Mircea Geoana won 29.8 percent, election authorities said in first official results based on around 74 percent of the vote counted. Conservative opposition leader Crin Antonescu polled 20.3 percent, finishing third in a field of 12 candidates.

Romania's government collapsed last month amid squabbling between the two-party coalition, and the International Monetary Fund has delayed access to a euro1.5 billion ($2 billion) IMF bailout loan while the country struggles to set up a new government.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gb_dTCIc_ALCYh6xks-fA7fx60HgD9C556UO0
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 5:18am
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=16225

The politics connection is now old news as we trace the spread of the new virus.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 8:36am

Romania's centrist president will face a socialist former foreign minister in a Dec. 6 runoff election, partial results showed Monday, in a race key to helping the country emerge from a political and economic crisis.

Loribearme View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 5:04pm
I found this link to be quite interesting.

So the government could shut down the internet --now WHY would they want to do THAT?

On pages 25 and 26 is the following information

Providers identified one technically feasible alternative that has the potential to reduce Internet congestion during a pandemic, but raised concerns that it could violate customer service agreements and thus would require a directive from the government to implement. Although providers cannot identify users at the computer level to manage traffic from that point, two providers stated that if the residential Internet access network in a particular neighborhood was experiencing congestion, a provider could attempt to reduce congestion by reducing the amount of traffic that each user could send to and receive from his or her network. Such a reduction would require adjusting the configuration file within each customer’s modem to temporarily reduce the maximum transmission speed that that modem was capable of performing—for example, by reducing its incoming capability from 7 Mbps to 1 Mbps. However,

according to providers we spoke with, such reductions could violate the agreed-upon levels of services for which customers have paid. Therefore, under current agreements, two providers indicated they would need a directive from the government to take such actions.

Shutting down specific Internet sites would also reduce congestion, although many we spoke with expressed concerns about the feasibility of such an approach. Overall Internet congestion could be reduced if Web sites that accounted for significant amounts of traffic—such as those with video streamingwere shut down during a pandemic. According to one recently issued study, the number of adults who watch videos on video-sharing sites has nearly doubled since 2006, far outpacing the growth of many other Internet activities.22 However, most providers’ staff told us that blocking users from accessing such sites, while technically possible, would be very difficult and, in their view, would not address the congestion problem and would require a directive from the government.23 One provider indicated that such blocking would be difficult because determining which sites should be blocked would be a very subjective process. Additionally, this provider noted that technologically savvy site operators could change their Internet protocol addresses, allowing users to access the site regardless. Another provider told us that some of these large bandwidth sites stream critical news information. Furthermore, some state, local, and federal government offices and agencies, including DHS, currently use or have plans to increase their use of social media Web sites and to use video streaming as a means to communicate with the public. Shutting down such sites without affecting pertinent information would be a challenge for providers and could create more Internet congestion as users would repeatedly try to access these sites. According to one provider, two added complications are the potential liability resulting from lawsuits filed by businesses that lose revenue when their sites are shutdown or restricted and potential claims of anticompetitive practices, denial of free speech, or both. Some providers said that the operators of specific Internet sites could shut down their respective sites with less disruption and more effectively than Internet providers, and suggested that a better course of action would be for the government to work directly with the site operators.

Confused

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2009 at 5:37am
We are nearing net censorship. Since the efforts of individuals to discredit individual posters are becoming far less effective and the public is waking up, more extreme measures are now being taken to suppress information. One is a flip divert from the target video to an alternate propaganda plain vanilla video.

I have traced this on two videos- where instead of a more serious outbreak video- a public service type video plays. This is intercepted by areas.

One could spend a lot of effort tracking this and complaining- but more important the block I ran up against on November 20, 2009 on the outbreaks in Norway and huge numbers of infections through Europe is holding pretty well.

So as to not be diverted- today I will try to get you as much as I can- not from WHO- not from CDC- from source.

Getting past it- very tough.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2009 at 5:50am

Look Med...I read your "original post(thanks to Tech) ,this morning and it now appears you have hired "people" to find me in Canada.That infers stalking and with your past easilly accessable just by searching google you may want to reconsider. As far as complaints about me...get in lineWinkRC

This is an absolute and complete fiction RC. You don't need to be found. Albert knows your IP and location. While earlier you had posted you were from Costa Rica, you later posted Canada. You and others have now entered the path of public stalking of me as an individual. Multiple threads where you have put up personal information and even more slanderous posts basically tell me you or someone does not want us posting on the topics we are  tracking.

I suggest you follow your own advice. What you are doing and have done if very clear. You and your alter-ego(s) have been asked to stop. Stop.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 3:18am
Had given everyone a day off for the holiday though there is considerable news.  More to come on this thread and others today.

Moving right along-

So now it has a name- I must say in terms of not alarming or scaring the people- I could have picked something else- this would link it esoterically to the Black Death - which of course they still continue to argue about is it one disease or is it many. It appears to be many- and the Pack Theory I continue to speak of indicates it has a lot of friends.

But back to the U.S.S.R. which of course is not anymore- and more to the Ukraine- (despite I am putting some odds on China- August 3rd- which simply did know and didnt' tell- and now is asking for help and making it a crime for people not to report- we need to continue to follow what we began- giving Coyote credit for breaking some of this October 29, 2009.

Since Prison Planet is s - do not pass Go place- lets go to a definite rock solid to continue to the story.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=at9EIIo8mpTs&pos=8

Nov. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Swine flu deaths have doubled almost every two weeks since mid October in Europe, with 169 occurring in the past week, the European Center for Disease Control and Prevention said.

Across the region, 670 people infected with the new H1N1 influenza strain have died, the Stockholm-based ECDC said today in a report on its Web site. Cases are being reported in all European Union and European Free Trade Association countries.

“While the most deaths have to date been in Western Europe, there are increasing numbers of deaths being reported from Central and Eastern Europe,” the ECDC said in its daily report.

Europe’s toll accounts for a tenth of the fatal cases reported globally by the World Health Organization last week and so far is a fraction of the 40,000 to 220,000 deaths that the ECDC estimates are caused by seasonal flu in the region each year. Unlike the usual winter strains that predominantly kill the frail elderly, swine flu is targeting younger people who rarely succumb to influenza.

No accurate data are available to compare the number of hospitalizations and deaths caused by swine flu and the number that occur due to seasonal influenza, said John Paget, an epidemiologist at the Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research in Utrecht who monitors flu patterns for the WHO’s euroflu.org.

Thousands Hospitalized

The pandemic strain, which causes little more than a sore throat, fever and a cough in the majority of cases, has hospitalized more than 4,400 people in Europe to date, according to the ECDC.

H1N1 accounts for more than 99 percent of flu samples tested in Europe, indicating the pandemic virus has supplanted seasonal strains in the region, Paget said in a telephone interview last week. More than 19,000 specimens were positive for H1N1 in Europe during the week ended Nov. 15.

“Normally in flu a season we would have a maximum of 3,000,” he said. “We have never seen so many positive specimens reported per week since 1996, when we started collecting data.”

The U.K. has 180 H1N1 patients in intensive care units, France has 81, the Netherlands 38, Norway 24 and Ireland 20, ECDC said.

Italy, Norway and Sweden reported a “very high intensity” of influenza-like illness or acute respiratory illness in the past week, the ECDC said. Intensity was “high” in Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland and Portugal. The remainder reported predominantly “medium” intensity, it said.

comment: There is definitely a whole lot more to the story - and it will be found.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

comment: this is a substitute story posted masking the real story which in the buffer reads as follows...

the truth-

lets head to the Ukraine- as we have been since the start of this thread-

http://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-black-lung-plague-kills-12-in-one-day-2009-11

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 8:44am

GENEVA — The World Health Organization said Friday it is investigating samples of variant swine flu linked to two deaths and one severe case in Norway, but that so far the significance of the mutation is unclear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 8:54am

630,000 Norwegians flu infected

We estimate that just under 630,000 Norwegians are now infected and that nearly half a million were infected just last week.

comment: people have an incredibly short memory. If you will go back over this data- that

500,000 people were infected in a single week- you are going to see that as of November 20-this is when I hit a stone wall- near the time when Ukraine STOPPED COUNTING cases- of hoping to get any idea of what is going on in Norway.

Even if it stayed the same for a week- the following week- we would have more than a million people. In Ukraine- when they hit 1.6 million they stopped counting. Well, of course you are going to have less cases if you don't count- and this is what has been used as  tool to shield the public from accurate numbers of the outbreak.

How many new cases today? How many died last night?

You simply are going to have a real problem find thing. The mutation is in 7 countries now and the "aren't sure"

1) if it is more dangerous- from autopsies with pure black blood filled lungs one would assume this is a worse illness.
2) What is it? Clearly the time to read the sequence is past. What happened with the reports of pneumonic plague?

What is happening is we are getting a restatement of old data and numbers.  Something has to break the dead lock- because data and reports can be held up months (look at Indonesia)

There has to be a way to go beyond the engines to get information. There is.

Med
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 2:25pm

We are nearing net censorship. Since the efforts of individuals to discredit individual posters are becoming far less effective and the public is waking up, more extreme measures are now being taken to suppress information. One is a flip divert from the target video to an alternate propaganda plain vanilla video.

Med....lets get serious here. Even though you have a medical background I think Tech has been far more logical and factual in his insights, references and plain old honesty in reporting news. No offence meant but....read his posts and links...this guy KNOWS whats what. jmo...so relax.RC
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 4:04pm
Country by country- I am tracking this virus as it spreads from what appears to be an origin in the Ukraine. The two most important factors are 1) it is a more virulent more deadly mutated form and 2) it spreads very rapidly. In the cases in Norway I found over 500,000 new cases in a single week.

Since first sitting in (logging into the conference where the Pandemic was announced by Dr. Chan) as the Pandemic was announced the feeling as been- ever since Dr. Webster tagged this as dangerous in 1998 - and then others in 2005 and a triple recombination capable of some real problems- have been waiting for it to break free and become a more virulent and higher CFR pathogen.

The consistent down playing of the this virus an where it might break out in the winter into something much worse is keeping the American people from taking it seriously and preparing. This may cost many many lives that could have been saved.

We need to prepared.

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 4:14pm
Med....do you really think the above "sources" are reliable...sounds like rumour mongering to me.....jmo .RC...btw do you read the other "news items" on these sites....ConfusedRC EDIT....looks like you got rid of the sources and post...you REALLY make me laughLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLRC btw I saved, as is my practice... your deleted post...(documentaion purposes)
"tell med the grasshoppers won"
BlackLung View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 6:55pm
We have to assume that this will only get much worse than it already is. WHO already confirms the discovery of new H1N1 strains in both Ukraine and Norway. Scotland and other countries have reported Tamiflu resistant H1N1 strains. The way things appear, it looks like it is only a matter of time before the **** hits the fan. I recommend you do not rely on mainstream media to keep yourselves informed on the Swine Flu Pandemic. Instead, do your own homework and research online. Stay healthy and be safe!
http://flureports.blogspot.com
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by BlackLung BlackLung wrote:

We have to assume that this will only get much worse than it already is. WHO already confirms the discovery of new H1N1 strains in both Ukraine and Norway.

Ukraine and Norway are back to normal. Just based on deaths they had it pretty mild. Russia is the place getting hit the hardest. What happens in Russia will be a better study for us if we get a third wave.

Norway:
http://www.google.org/flutrends/no/

Ukraine
http://www.google.org/flutrends/ua/

Russia
http://www.google.org/flutrends/ru/
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 2:00pm
Inaccurate information is being posted. The situation in Norway is not back to normal despite what a source flutrends which is a direct .gov linked information site has stated.

Current situation- hand puppet news or the truth-

H1N1 deaths increase as mutations combine - vaccine & antiviral resistant, lung hemorrhaging virus

H1N1%20Mutation%20Resists%20Swine%20Flu%20Vaccine%20in%20France
H1N1 Mutation Resists Swine Flu Vaccine in France
AP Photo/Toby Talbot

The World Health Organization has reported that global deaths from the H1N1 virus have increased by 1000 in the past week. At the same time, the H1N1 virus is mutating, with each mutation causing different effects in patients, and combining in some cases. The national medical laboratory in Britain reported that the H1N1 vaccine would probably not be effective against the variant of the swine flu virus found in the Ukraine flu outbreak. This variant, in which the virus uses D225G as a receptor binding domain, causes bleeding in the lungs. Another H1N1 mutation results in the resistance to treatment with antiviral medication.

Swine flu vaccine won't prevent infection with deadly H1N1 mutated virus

The same mutation that results in acute respiratory damage, due to the location of the viral infection, has been called a "low reactor" to the vaccine. This means that the vaccine will not provide an immune response for that strain of virus adequate to prevent infection.

Lung hemorrhaging caused by swine flu

Lung hemorrhaging is being caused by a swine flu mutation that has been reported in China, Norway, France, and the Ukraine as having a receptor binding domain of D225G. In the United States, there has been a report of fatalities in patients with hemorrhaged lungs, but the mutation has not been confirmed.

Tamiflu-resistant H1N1 mutation

A strain of H1N1 that is resistant to Tamiflu, an antiviral medication, has been found worldwide. Clusters occurred in North Carolina and Wales. One case of H1N1 found in France with the D225G designation was also resistant to Tamiflu.

Swine flu mutation combinations

To date, the H1N1 mutations in the Ukraine have included bleeding in the lungs and resistance to the vaccine, and a case in France included bleeding in the lungs and resistance to antiviral treatment. The common factor appears to be the severe symptom caused by D225G.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 2:02pm

It would be highly unlikely despite whatever flutrend site (one source) information that is put up, you could go from an increase of 500,000 cases in a single week to back to normal several weeks later.  Information may been capped as on November 20th, 2009- but seeing as in many cases it takes weeks for people to recover- back to normal cannot be an accurate statement.

It is these kind of blanket statements with a single website as evidence which are making it difficult to track the mutations as it moves through 7 countries now, and is now in France

These are cap statements to end a thread with don't worry there are no more problems. The problems are just beginning for this virus. It has mutated into a more virulent form and it is more deadly than before.

The virus is continuing to mutate and continuing to spread to other countries. Flat denial statements are not credible. We still have a problem.  And it is going to get a lot worse.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 5:27pm

John Bell- CEO Crystalware Defense - Medical and Technology Research aka Medclinician author of Pandemic Now Survival Guide

You post that you're the current CEO of a Corporation. When you post stuff like that people are bound to question the validity, and they have a right to do so. Anyone can do a "free search" and see that Crystalware's corporate and DBA status was revoked and or terminated in every state you had it briefly registered. It even shows income and employees. I don't see how an ex husband and wife team running a small computer repair shop qualifies as you as a current Chief executive officer. As in the highest-ranking corporate officer or anything even resembling a CEO?

You talk about the Black Lung mutation threat. How can we trust any of it when you tend to exaggerate everything?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 5:48pm
What does any of this have to do with the links he posts?

Originally posted by Technologist Technologist wrote:

John Bell- CEO Crystalware Defense - Medical and Technology Research aka Medclinician author of Pandemic Now Survival Guide

You post that you're the current CEO of a Corporation. When you post stuff like that people are bound to question the validity, and they have a right to do so. Anyone can do a "free search" and see that Crystalware's corporate and DBA status was revoked and or terminated in every state you had it briefly registered. It even shows income and employees. I don't see how an ex husband and wife team running a small computer repair shop qualifies as you as a current Chief executive officer. As in the highest-ranking corporate officer or anything even resembling a CEO?

You talk about the Black Lung mutation threat. How can we trust any of it when you tend to exaggerate everything?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by jbrovont jbrovont wrote:

What does any of this have to do with the links he posts?

AUTOMATED OUT OF OFFICE RESPONSE:

Dear jbrovont,

Thank You for replying to my post. I am currently away on leave, traveling through time and I will be returning last week.

Sincerely, Technologist
MarieF View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarieF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 7:57pm
Just ignore them, Technologist is  consistently attacking Med it's like a child's game!!
I really appreciate all of Med's posts!
Marie
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2009 at 8:03am
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2009 at 8:10am
Originally posted by MarieF MarieF wrote:

I really appreciate all of Med's posts!

Thank you and the other users who have taken the time to read what I try to sift through to find some sense in all this.

Med
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic