Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Trackng the Ukraine D225G Bloody Lung mutation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2009 at 6:59pm
http://www.wtov9.com/news/21767083/detail.html

Bad case in W. Virginia , I think this shows if you're feeling pretty bad, don't put off goin to the doc like so many of us do =(

Swine Flu Victim's Family Speaks

Posted: 8:47 pm EST November 30, 2009Updated: 9:09 am EST December 1, 2009

For days, 33-year-old Lisa Briggs had symptoms. She had chills, fatigue, spiking fevers -- but she didn't want to go to the hospital and leave her family."She didn't want to be in the hospital, away from the kids," said her husband, Chris Briggs.On Halloween night, Lisa, a mother of two, agreed to go to the hospital.After days in Wheeling Hospital, Lisa was life-flighted to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, W. Va. Her condition was so bad she was quarantined in a glass room."She was in an isolation room. They did a wash-out of her lungs and she did test positive for swine flu," said Briggs.Doctors also discovered that Lisa had bacterial pneumonia. Doctors induced a coma after her condition deteriorated. Before she went under, her husband of 11 years came to her side."I just told her I loved her and to get better," said Briggs.She never regained consciousness."We saw them do CPR on her and everything," said BriggsOn Nov. 14 at 10:35 a.m., the doctor told Lisa's family she had passed."His exact words were, 'She played good ball, but the game was over'," said Briggs.Lisa and her husband had just bought a new house in Weirton, W. Va. She never lived in it. Now, her family fills the walls of their new home with lasting memories of her."She loved kids. Pretty much her life revolved around me, the kids and church," said Briggs.He said her only underlying medical condition was sleep apnea. It's unclear where she contracted the virus.
LisaP View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2009 at 8:58am
Thank you Albert for stepping in.

Med, Tech and R.C.  - It is great when you all post information and news- I think you can expect that the majority of people who are reading here are intelligent, capable adults who are sufficiently interested and concerned that we will read, interpret and evaluate on our own. This isn't my only source of information but it is often a great launch pad for me to follow up on items I think are important. I can figure out on my own if the information is reliable or not and draw my own conclusions. This is a long-winded way to ask that you not try to discredit each other. I don't care if someone is posting from the CDC or a lunatic asylum - it's the information that matters - I'll figure out how to filter it and separate the wheat from the chaff and personal differences really are irrelevant. If anyone feels like they need to discredit an individual for the benefit of the readers here, well you don't need to do that for me.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2009 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by mysty mysty wrote:

http://www.wtov9.com/news/21767083/detail.html

Bad case in W. Virginia , I think this shows if you're feeling pretty bad, don't put off goin to the doc like so many of us do =(

Swine Flu Victim's Family Speaks

Posted: 8:47 pm EST November 30, 2009Updated: 9:09 am EST December 1, 2009

His exact words were, 'She played good ball, but the game was over'," said Briggs.Lisa and her husband had just bought a new house in Weirton, W. Va. She never lived in it. Now, her family fills the walls of their new home with lasting memories of her."She loved kids. Pretty much her life revolved around me, the kids and church," said Briggs.He said her only underlying medical condition was sleep apnea. It's unclear where she contracted the virus.

Since we live in West Virginia, this certainly struck home for my family. How close we were to losing both my wife and son seems to dull with time. That Saturday morning when they were both in bad shape- Skye had spiked a 104.5 temp and Bluebirds was above 102 their lungs were pretty filled up and their condition was going down. Without the Tamiflu we were able to get - on a Saturday- I personally think their odds would have been pretty bad for making it through if we had delayed until Monday to give them Tamiflu.

For the record, and to be clear - I am in direct opposition to several users who does not feel the current Pandemic is a great thread and that we have seen it mutate into a bad bleeder form which has reached the United States.

I have data from Utah I have yet to post- and IMHO- this next wave will race across the U.S. in the next 6 weeks. By February we will know most certainly.

Lisa, who has commented I feel really was quite succinct and on target. We are adults and have the skills to make up our minds after data is presented to us as to the gravity of the situation.

I think it will be bad.

Others feel it will be less than seasonal flu.

This last mutation is grim. We are getting our news about a month to two months from some of the major countries and even government sites. In May in New York when I quoted health officials as to their being 500,000 cases - I was hit hard by skeptics. There were that many cases.

A constant critic of the untested (surely not enough testing) vaccine in which no real studies proving it even works on the current strain of virus infecting our hole country- is suspect. It contains some nasty enough ingredients whole countries won't take it and at the same time recommending pregnant women take it- it clearly has warnings on the inserts saying it should not be given to pregnant women.

So, I would say, as when I was in Hyde Park, London, and we had our soap boxes on Speaker's Corner- it is let the listener beware.

It is my sincere feeling that it is gravely dangerous to underestimate this virus and that doing so will cost many lives. We are also looking at some almost biblical events coming in 2010. Forget about 2012- 2010 will be the turning point in our history in the U.S.A. for all us, our economy, foreign policy with a reasonable chance of multiple terrorist attacks, and a possible World War III over nuclear Iran.

Prepare. For sure, one way you are going to need food, water, and medicine. Power grids will fail, we will be attacked by home grown terrorists and this meek little virus is killing people as a bleeder now it has mutated. In one form it melts organs in the body causing bleeding at every orifice equivalent to Ebola.

Once upon a time I was in Mazatlan getting ready to step on a plane for Durango. This is a true story. I had a kind of Malaria thing going with a 105 temp and needed to get out of Mazatlan, Mexico. My wife was irrate because I could not step on the plane. Would not get in it.

Finally, she said slumping tired and sick into a chair alright John- whatever. We will wait for the next flight.

An hour later the plane we were booked on was hit by wind shear on landing- then came in to the airport sideways- crashed and blewup. Everyone on board died.

I feel now what I felt then.

Something is just not right and no amount of coaxing or whatever is going to convince me there is no danger.

Not if but when- the Pandemic came. Not if but when, a mutation has occured similar to the 1918 one that made the H1N1 deadly and a killer. People are saying it is not important. Brazil got it and had more dead people than any other country in the world during a  peak period.

So, yes, I have my little doom t-shirt and think we are heading the one of the worst Pandemics we have ever known.

If I am right- we must make every effort to prepare and take this new bleeder strain dead serious.

Something just doesn't beel right. We can get all dial a psychic and back three generations my family had - well this thing for having dreams about the future.

I have seen a nuclear blast and series of bad bad epidemics hit us hard.

This is one I want to be wrong about.

The mutation has hit Utah.

I have a very long night ahead following and tracking the spread of hte mutation in the wrold and America.

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2009 at 6:19pm
While sometimes delayed mainstream is picking up on the Black Lung mutation.

Fairly recent this article in Pravda further focuses in on the basic symptoms of what appears to be a much nastier mutation of H1N1

http://english.pravda.ru/world/europe/01-12-2009/110889-influencawhat-0

Professor Victor Bachinsky, Head of the Chernivtsi regional forensic bureau, declared in an interview with Anna Yashchenko* that 22 victims in Bukovina died as a result of viral distress syndrome, i.e. the total destruction of the lungs. This declaration would back up the anonymous claim by another western Ukrainian doctor, who claimed that “The lungs are as black as charcoal. They look like they have been burnt. It’s terrifying”.

For Professor Bachinsky, “This is a viral attack that destroys the lungs…Once the virus enters the lungs, haemorrhaging begins immediately in the acinus”. What kills the patients in Ukraine is not pneumonia, but cardiogenic shock. After the haemorrhaging starts, fibrin is formed in the blood and this in turn gives rise to the creation of a giolinovaya membrane, which envelops the acinus in the lungs and the oxygen people breathe in is not transferred to the tissues. There ensues cardio-pulmonary insufficiency and the patient suffocates.

WHO confirms mutation

The World Health Organization has confirmed that the same mutation in H1N1 has occurred in Ukraine and Norway, while there have been reports of the same mutation having been observed in two states in the USA, Iowa and North Carolina – and in Hong Kong, the Department of Health has recorded a similar situation. In Iowa, Dr. Gregory Schmunk told KCCI news that a number of cases of “haemorrhagic lungs, with a lot of blood in them” had been reported in H1N1 patients.

Technologist View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2009 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Medclinician Medclinician wrote:

Once upon a time I was in Mazatlan getting ready to step on a plane for
Durango. This is a true story. I had a kind of Malaria thing going with
a 105 temp and needed to get out of Mazatlan, Mexico. My wife was
irrate because I could not step on the plane. Would not get in it.

Finally, she said slumping tired and sick into a chair alright John- whatever. We will wait for the next flight.

An hour later the plane we were booked on was hit by wind shear on
landing- then came in to the airport sideways- crashed and blewup.
Everyone on board died.

Medclinician

This is not a flame, You almost died twice in one hour? That's some scary stuff. 105 Fever for an adult (105 degrees F is usually considered the heat-stroke level, where brain damage can occur) and you missed the flight at the bottom of the stairs. An hour later the plane you were just about to board crashed and blew-up and Everyone on board died?

You my friend have 9 lives!

I wish you the best of health.

BTW: My Brother Crashed in one of his planes twice. Once when his instructor was flying his Cessna A152 Aerobat and it stalled after a 300 foot climb takeoff. I guess theres a spot where you can't recover and that was the altitude. The plane came down on the runway and had $14,000 in damage back in 1980's Dollars. They were not hurt.

The second time he was flying to his Cabin in Big Bear at night around 8,000-10,000 feet and the wings iced up in a storm. He was already close to the planes celling altitude with the weight and the shears and extra ice weight forced him to plow up a field.

I try to avoid flying with him :)
LisaP View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2009 at 6:25pm
I agree with you Med - something here just doesn't pass my unscientific, inarticulate "smell" test. I hope to be wrong; I pray that I  am wrong and this is all, simply, speaking to the alarmist Mama Bear within me. But, it is awfully hard to dismiss the Tamiflu resistant developments and mutations on D225G. I know it is not a matter of "if", but "when" the next deadly pandemic travels the globe. Current medical technologies will hopefully differentiate us from past pandemics, but the uncertainty is still quite alarming.

. . . and if we're not concerned about world-wide pandemic - why do we post here?

Lisa P.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2009 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Technologist Technologist wrote:

This is not a flame, You almost died twice in one hour? That's some scary stuff. 105 Fever for an adult (105 degrees F is usually considered the heat-stroke level, where brain damage can occur) and you missed the flight at the bottom of the stairs. An hour later the plane you were just about to board crashed and blew-up and Everyone on board died?

You my friend have 9 lives!

I wish you the best of health.

BTW: My Brother Crashed in one of his planes twice. Once when his instructor was flying his Cessna A152 Aerobat and it stalled after a 300 foot climb takeoff. I guess theres a spot where you can't recover and that was the altitude. The plane came down on the runway and had $14,000 in damage back in 1980's Dollars. They were not hurt.

The second time he was flying to his Cabin in Big Bear at night around 8,000-10,000 feet and the wings iced up in a storm. He was already close to the planes celling altitude with the weight and the shears and extra ice weight forced him to plow up a field.

I try to avoid flying with him :)

Yea Tech. The whatever we had was because we forgot you can't drink ice either in a fun little drink of jungle juice (local alcohol and jungle fruit juice)-it still has the bacteria in it-bad water. If you go to Mexico drink soda and bottled water. The story of course has a very Left Behind feeling to it- I guess we should have been stalked by we should have died shadowy things- but it was simply a bizarre event. I don't like planes- I am not as bad as William Shatner (you are always asking for humor) in Nightmare at 40,000 feet- but its close.

This whole flu season is messed up. It is not following the classic curves and that is because the last one never stopped.

My two unfavorite ER stories are John Ritter and Henson (Muppets). They go into ER- not that bad off and all this weird stuff happens and despite their millions they die.

My biggest concern with this whole low key CFR deal on Swine is that - it is gonna go renagade and rear up its little mutant teeth and prove that H5N1 was just a warmup.
We may have a real beast on our hands.

IMHO we may have several.

Time will certainly spell out the truth on this one.

Med
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2009 at 11:49pm

Yea Tech. The whatever we had was because we forgot you can't drink ice either in a fun little drink of jungle juice (local alcohol and jungle fruit juice)-it still has the bacteria in it-bad water. If you go to Mexico drink soda and bottled water. The story of course has a very Left Behind feeling to it- I guess we should have been stalked by we should have died shadowy things- but it was simply a bizarre event. I don't like planes- I am not as bad as William Shatner (you are always asking for humor) in Nightmare at 40,000 feet- but its close. Med

I'm a little over an hour from Mexico so I know how fun the water is.
I think you mean Nightmare at 20,000 feet? I remember watching that when we had a Black and white TV and the Plane had 4 Props. If that's the show you're talking about.
Carrajung View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carrajung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2009 at 2:36am
Its about time Technologist woke up to himself and stop posting inane attacks on Med . The stupidity of Tech remarks are an insult to the persons who are trying to keep abreast of the situation. Technologist please keep your silly comments to yourself . Your post are detracting from the eccence of the topic.
Doubt is the basis of enlightenment
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2009 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Carrajung Carrajung wrote:

Its about time Technologist woke up to himself and stop posting inane attacks on Med .

The stupidity of Tech remarks are an insult to the persons who are trying to keep abreast of the situation.

Technologist please keep your silly comments to yourself .

Your post are detracting from the eccence of the topic.

Carrajung, Your timing is slightly off. If you didn't notice I'm trying to have a nice conversation with Med.

Keep you're Silly Comments to Yourself. Oh wait you used that line on me first. I'll try another.

Your post is detracting from the essence of the topic. No that was Your line again.

The stupidity of Carrajungs remark is an insult to people who are trying to keep abreast of the situation. No that's your line again.

Sorry! I'm out of insults, you used them all on me. :)

mysty View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2009 at 7:33am
Does anyone know what happened to the 'unfortunate accident' that Baxter produced? The 72 kilos of Bird flu mixed with human flu that was sent out for vaccines? Was it destroyed or just given back to them?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2009 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by mysty mysty wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to the 'unfortunate accident' that Baxter produced? The 72 kilos of Bird flu mixed with human flu that was sent out for vaccines? Was it destroyed or just given back to them?

If that story is real and nothing happens to Baxter I'll be pi_ssed. Seriously, How could any modern government allow that to slide by without massive lawsuits, fines and prison time for the parties involved. Maybe Santa will pour it down Baxter's chimney as a Christmas present.

The story looked real but did anyone check to see if that story was proven to be real? I would also like to know what really happened. I just don't have the time to investigate it now.
momasaurus7 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momasaurus7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2009 at 8:40pm
 I think it was real.  But I don't know what happened to the vaccines.  Seems that when a story like that surfaces it's made to fade away very quickly.  But I will look to see if maybe I can find something.
We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momasaurus7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2009 at 9:11pm
Well I went looking to see what happened to them and found nothing so far, but I did find this. 

Actiprotect anti-viral face masks
GSK has developed Actiprotect, an innovative new disposable respirator mask specifically designed with a coatingthat has antiviral effectiveness.

The mask helps protect the wearer from exposure to airborne particles during seasonal influenza A or an influenza A pandemic virus by reducing the passage of the virus through the mask and inactivating the virus on contact with the mask coating.  Actiprotect has not been tested against the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 strain.  However, the mask has been shown to inactivate all influenza virus strains that it was tested against including previous strains of H1N1, H5N1, H5N9, H2N2, H3N2, and an influenza B strain.

Actiprotect has been approved for use in Europe and certain international markets and last month was approved for occupational use in the USA by the FDA.  The mask has also been certified as an N95 respirator (filters at least 95% of airborne particles) by the US National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.

GSK currently has limited manufacturing capacity for Actiprotect.  The company has therefore made investments to increase its existing manufacturing capacity and is also seeking additional manufacturing capability through discussion with other companies.  The company has agreements with several countries to supply the masks.

GlaxoSmithKline – one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.  For further information please

GSK has developed Actiprotect, an innovative new disposable respirator mask specifically designed with a coatingthat has antiviral effectiveness.

The mask helps protect the wearer from exposure to airborne particles during seasonal influenza A or an influenza A pandemic virus by reducing the passage of the virus through the mask and inactivating the virus on contact with the mask coating.  Actiprotect has not been tested against the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 strain.  However, the mask has been shown to inactivate all influenza virus strains that it was tested against including previous strains of H1N1, H5N1, H5N9, H2N2, H3N2, and an influenza B strain.

Actiprotect has been approved for use in Europe and certain international markets and last month was approved for occupational use in the USA by the FDA.  The mask has also been certified as an N95 respirator (filters at least 95% of airborne particles) by the US National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.

GSK currently has limited manufacturing capacity for Actiprotect.  The company has therefore made investments to increase its existing manufacturing capacity and is also seeking additional manufacturing capability through discussion with other companies.  The company has agreements with several countries to supply the masks.

GlaxoSmithKline – one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.  For further information please

Ok, can't paste the piece, but here is the link.  Scroll down, it seems they have developed a face mask as well as a vaccine.

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momasaurus7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2009 at 9:12pm
My aplogies to everyone, seems I messed up some how in posting this info.  Sorry for this.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2009 at 3:51am
This thread is totally adrift from the original topic. We need to get back on track and back on subject.

http://www.examiner.com/x-29228-LA-Health-Technology-Examiner~y2009m11d22-D225G-Swine-flu-mutation--Same-receptor-as-1918-Spanish-flu-pandemic-found-in-Ukraine-virus

This whole drama is feeding back to Henry's recombo crowd and now R**** labs which is ghost- there is no wet lab. It is a smoke and mirrors operation advancing nearly fictional science. People are picking up the h1n1-h5n1 could be combo thing when I have documented it as a CDC experiment which went bad and did not work. If failed.

Avian Flu as a threat failed.

It is no longer a serious problem in the world.

The new mutations and their possible resistance to our anti-virals and the vaccines are the real issue and this is what needs our attention. The spread of a .007% fatality Pandemic is absolutely a waste of bandwidth.

December 11, 2009

This is the deal. And data on this fell apart on November 20th. Like the ... in the article this was buried with spin from those covering up the real issue ond problem.

Geneva: The World Health Organisation said Friday that a mutation had been found in samples of the swine flu virus taken following the first two deaths from the pandemic in Norway. However, it stressed that the mutation did not appear to cause a more contagious or more dangerous form of A(H1N1) influenza and that some similar cases observed elsewhere had been mild. "The Norwegian Institute of Public Health has informed WHO of a mutation detected in three H1N1 viruses," the WHO said in a briefing note. "The viruses

were

and then it vanished from the radar- on purpose...

Medclinician
comment: I was on track November 20 and 21st. Lori and other users were two. This who H5N1 H1N1 mix thing is one big diversion
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2009 at 4:27am

Avian Flu as a threat failed.

It is no longer a serious problem in the world.

This is a little off the wall Med.  Are you saying that H5N1 is no longer a threat?   We might want to wait a couple more months before confirming that one.  In my opinion, the chances of H5N1 making the leap to humans has never been so great as it is now - during this winter. 

H5N1 is the wildcard in all of this, and one thing that I've learned over several years is that wildcards are meant to be played. 

Now you can go back on track .....   Wink

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2009 at 4:55am

The new mutations and their possible resistance to our anti-virals and the vaccines are the real issue and this is what needs our attention. The spread of a .007% fatality Pandemic is absolutely a waste of bandwidth.

Your pretty much agreeing with me on my many months of posts on the .01% Fatality rates I kept hammering out.

You can watch for mutations but I really think it will almost be impossible to cover it up if it mutates and starts spreading deaths quickly. A few deaths could easily be covered up but not 1000's of deaths on the streets like the false Ukraine stories. If we get a really bad mutation that spreads quickly. It would seem like 9/11 times 100 in every civilized country in the world. Maybe not instantaneously but so quickly that people everywhere would be panic buying everywhere.

Watch the reactions of every county that panicked. For example: Mexico, Australia and Ukraine all panicked just on rumors and hospitalizations alone. They really thought that they might all die. How did they all react? They hid to avoid exposure and made the cities more like ghost towns then by rioting and looting. Looting follows predictable events. Looting in Pandemics is different then in civil unrest caused by government or authoritative distrust. IE, The LA riots and the Watts Riots. Looting would happen if stores were dry of food and Costco Locked their full warehouse. I doubt it would happen if people were initially panicking about exposure to a deadly virus. The Mexico, Australia and Ukraine ghost towns were perfect examples of what to expect. Throw dead bodies on the streets and "most" people would not leave their houses until all water and food resources were gone and they were forced to loot to survive.

Imagine the worldwide panic if just one country started getting 100,000 deaths in a short period of time. China could cut it's internet connection but the information would still get out quickly. I think just about every government would let their citizens know within 48 hours and we would know earlier as people would be spotting a mass exodus of military and government employees to protected logistic locations. It would be all over the news.

Do I think it's going to happen in the next year? No. Am I 100% positive? No but it will eventually happen somehow somewhere like it has happened numerous times in the past. Japan talks about prepping for 7 days? If you have the money prep for 1-2-3 years on supplies that won't spoil. 30 year food storage stuff. Long enough to survive any disaster minus an earth destroying Asteroid or ice age.

I think the way the Amish People Prep would be a good way to do it. They have a system that works without much technology. They have lifetimes of experience. They don't have the best defenses to protect themselves in looting but they have an almost perfect post apocalyptic society already built. What I mean is they already have as society that is self sufficient and resembles what I would imagine would look like years after an EMP burst or global nuclear war.
ops144 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2009 at 5:08am
EMP scares the hell out of me..that is a very big threat.
IAFF 1526
mysty View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2009 at 11:11am
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-11804-Health-Care-Examiner~y2009m11d29-Why-H1N1-worries-health-professionals-so-much

This article seems to be saying that we can catch this virus long before the first sneeze or droplets from a cough fill the air.

Virus is contagious even before symptoms occur

Doctors believe that a person may be contagious up to 2 days before symptoms manifest themselves. Infected persona are most contagious when symptoms such as cough, sore throat, body aches and chills appear.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2009 at 11:22am

Are you saying that H5N1 is no longer a threat? 

yes most likely... it is a killer...and does not spread well among humans and is not very adaptable to pigs.   It does not seem to spread easily past immediate family members,
some people with H5N1 do not show symptoms.

see info ...

Since 1996, the viruses H7N7, H5N1 and H9N2 have been transmitted from birds to

humans but have apparently failed to spread in the human population.

( not real worried... these are not mild enough, to spread far and wide- H7N7, H5N1
and H9N2 )

Source-
eItemSupl.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=5&log$=relatedreviews&logdbfrom=pubm
ed

Mary008

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Mary008 Mary008 wrote:

Are you saying that H5N1 is no longer a threat? 

yes most likely... it is a killer...and does not spread well among humans and is not very adaptable to pigs.   It does not seem to spread easily past immediate family members,
some people with H5N1 do not show symptoms.

see info ...

Since 1996, the viruses H7N7, H5N1 and H9N2 have been transmitted from birds to

humans but have apparently failed to spread in the human population.

( not real worried... these are not mild enough, to spread far and wide- H7N7, H5N1
and H9N2 )

Source-
eItemSupl.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=5&log$=relatedreviews&logdbfrom=pubm
ed

Mary008

I have been very busy on research with little time to post here.

When CDC mixes H5N1 and H1N1 in the lab and then STILL has not released sequences or detailed information H5N1 may not be a threat in nature- but it hasn't lost in horsepower as a bioweapon a different labs play with it.

There are huge areas that are totally being missed such as prions and even viricides which could almost make vaccines out of date.

We are no longer hearing the cutting edge of things on the media or recently it seems even on the net, which is slowly passing through filters.

The swine flu mutation I am tracking that went all across Europe has nothing at all to do with H5N1 and the usual end tag soften impact does not end our problem with a bleeder- which spread- started in Ukraine and has disappeared from the media and most of the net.

It is still very much out there and I take a few days off people completely forget about pneumonic plague and the whole outbreak in Ukraine of 1.6 million people.

How easily the net forgets.

Well, as some doctors and other people and I have discussed the virus also effect the neurological system and based on some of the brilliant new policies and laws and total and complete ineffective handling of the most important problems in our country- unless we have dead in the the streets- as long as they can keep them stashed in reports and why people died.. the diagnosis is many times not at all what killed the person- we will wake up one morning to find ourselves surrounded by a really nasty variant and all of the people in power underground.

Did people think this mutating virus just went away? Just because it isn't in the absolute milk toast that people watch on cable- that everything is fine?

Its not fine? We are probably headed into a dismal depression- and the worst flu numbers will be in January and February.

Does the fact that D225G has the same problem we had in 1918. Some of this takes one or two years to warm up. This is no seasonal. This is here to stay.

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2009 at 4:47am
Our small research group is continuing to track the path of what may be a H1N1 mutation which occurred in the Ukraine by natural or unnatural means-spread through Europe and may now be in the United States.

My tip off on this was a doctor who contacted me from Florida on a Dengue Outbreak which happened outside of the Dengue Fever period and worse 21-34 death. After contacting a reporter for Channel 8 news in Iowa who had interviewed a coroner who found "black bloody lungs" from patients not diagnosed with flu- it seems this outbreak in Iowa is spreading.

That story- and the almost vapor trail of trying pin down a serious menace which the mainstream and most of the net is oblivious to, is quite a challenge. I have received mail, even death threats of sorts to back off on this. I have been told that people in high government agencies have been told to stay clear of the whole issue.

Lori was picking up stuff on November 21, 2009 and then the data flow stopped. Since I monotior Twitter and other get around the spin sources including frowned upon blogs- the news even stopped here. In the middle of a spreading outbreak all across Europe which had jumped to Norway, Finland, and finally and secretly- to China and Hong Kong- no one was talk.

I got on the phone last night and went back to the outbreak in Iowa. I figured,  this strain - it is actually a variant - and here are three ways to go.

One path has been laid by WHO, who after CDC has flatly denied the H1N1 virus had mutated, watched as WHO announced it had. In fact, China announced it had- so did Hong Kong and Norway- in fact almost a dozen countries.

The problem. Our new vaccine might not be effective against the the new strain. I received a communication from an old female friend with family happily declaring that yes, that horrible dreaded flu had finally hit their children, they were given and "in 24 hours" they were almost over it.

I did not not have the heart  to tell of the growing resistant strains of the flu which in perhaps not that long will make it as resistant to our vaccine and espeically Tamiflu all together. It took about 6 years for seasonal flu to snub Tamiflu. Tamiflu is not an efficient treatment for seasonal flu and posting article after article- this did not shake the rock bed write a script save a child - today- but perhaps not againt a new form- of Black Lung Flu which may with a vengeance in January and February.

.gov will in no way be able to cope with a flu which has anything over 4% CFR. All plans in place will fail, and if at the same time, we are having trouble with our nearly untested vaccine which simply was not tested enough and is not reliable.

But moving back to our theme- the variant- the mutation that I seem to be one of the few- except for one carrying the D225G banner as an illuminata. The fact is, I have other information this may be a recombination- at last there definitely has been in bird to make it more likely to move to people and mutate.

The Iowa outbreak is spreading - two more people died and 700 more are infected.

When it happens, and it very well may- we will be in 2010- in a national situation making us a prime target for rogue nations and terrorists.

Then and much too late the alarms will go off for .gov and its 11,000,000 will migrate to sanctuary while those on the surface find hospitals closed and fedreal services and maybe even power and most stores closed.

I am not the only one to see this coming. A depression, civil unrest which troops are drilling for to deal with a huge outcry from American public. When the change does not come. When promises are not kept and when the public somehow becomes a triage items that is not worth the resources to give decent health care to those over 60.

Yet our core- is to find the almost unfindable. An outbreak of a strain that is not even acknowledged. I followed the Chernobyl rad count until it hjt over Califronia and they just stopped countng. And now- except in a very congusing way-based on who searches for flu on Google and what they want to release- the public knows almost nothing about the real pciture on Swine Flu. The graphs and numbers on the main sites are so far off the actual disease count as to be meaningless. We probably have from 30 to 40 million people infected either currently or chronically. And yes- you can get the flu more than once - and you also can carry it, spread it, and from it for months.

So- we can go back to don't worry be happy- it is gone- the vaccine is coming- the is a script on every pad and Tamiflu will save the day.

Last night I got a report from the Ukraine the situation there is stilll bad. It was from an individual-not media- like the first report I put up a the female Photographer holed up in her apartment, barred from leavng her city, in quarntine.

Autopsies from Russian doctors Kiev, there are films, but we will never get them out of Russia or putting them up on net, would end the story - everything is fine.

Everything is not fine.

And quite honest with no flu at all, considering the decisions and policies in admin about to happen you will still need a Survival Manual and here wlill still be one to help you.

We will nail this mutation and over 7 others- which has led us to China, Hong Kong and Japan. Its not over.

Medclinician
John Bell- CEO Crystalware Defense - Medical and Technology Research
aka Medclinician author of Pandemic Now Survival Guide

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=266692

Monday, December 14, 2009

Two more fatalities have increased Iowa's H1N1 death toll to 38.
The Iowa Department of Public Health today reported the H1N1-related deaths of adults in Benton and Woodbury counties.
The illness has also caused more than 700 hospitalizations in the state.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic