Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Immigration Problem (Hot--Potato)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immigration Problem (Hot--Potato)
    Posted: April 23 2010 at 1:54pm
A%20Border%20Patrol%20officer%20inspects%20vehicles%20this%20week%20at%20a%20checkpoint%20in%20Tombstone,%20Arizona,%20near%20the%20Mexican%20border.
A Border Patrol officer inspects vehicles this week at a checkpoint in Tombstone, Arizona, near the Mexican border.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
(CNN) -- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed the state's immigration bill into law. It is considered to be among the toughest legislation in the nation.

What does the Arizona law do?

Arizona's law orders immigrants to carry their alien registration documents at all times and requires police to question people if there's reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally.

It also targets those who hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly transport them.

Are other states considering similar legislation?

Michael Hethmon, general counsel for the Immigration Reform Law Institute, helped draft the language of the Arizona bill. Hethmon said lawmakers from four other states have approached him asking for advice on how they can do the same thing where they live. He declined to identify which states, citing attorney-client privilege.

State laws relating to immigration have increased in recent years, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

In 2005, 300 bills were introduced. The next year, that number nearly doubled, and in 2007, more than 1,500 bills were introduced. Another 1,305 were introduced in 2008, and about 1,500 were considered in 2009.

About 15 percent of those were enacted, dealing with issues such as driver's licenses, health and education.

About 1,000 bills have been brought up so far this year.

What do opponents say?

Critics, including immigrant advocates and the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona, say they are concerned the law will foster racial profiling, arguing that most police officers don't have enough training to look past race while investigating a person's legal status.

Is federal immigration legislation coming?

Democrats tell CNN that if they don't get Republican commitments soon, they likely will push to move a bill without GOP support.

Democratic sources said the chances of passing immigration reform in that scenario this year are slim, but they want to make clear to key constituencies they are at least trying.

President Obama is still pushing for a bill though.

Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina is the only GOP senator on board, but he has told Democrats they will lose his support unless they find another Republican.

Obama recently called Sen. Scott Brown, R-Massachusetts, to try to get him on board, a Brown spokeswoman said.

On Thursday, Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Alabama, said in a statement that during tough economic conditions, Americans are "dubious" about immigration reform.

He said the White House and Congress should not immediately take up the issue -- but instead "take targeted steps to deal with the crisis at the border, increase the usage of the E-Verify program, and enhance prosecutions of employers who knowingly hire illegal workers."

The last immigration reform efforts in Congress were in 2005 when Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, and the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, Brown's predecessor, introduced a bipartisan bill that aimed to implement guest-worker programs and ways for more illegal immigrants to become citizens.

The McCain-Kennedy bill, however, never came up for a vote in the Senate.

Other legislative efforts have failed to gain momentum.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2010 at 1:55pm
What do You think?

Right
or
Wrong

Keep in mind this is a Border State (Arizona).
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2010 at 7:48pm
Right.

As someone in Law Enforcement I can't tell you how many times I've had run ins with illegals. I've pulled over car loads of people, they're all illegal and hammered drunk driving, and guess what I can do: Nothing. You arrest them and they have no ID, won't say a word
to you, it's nigh impossible to book them, and then you take this guy to county and they just kick them loose rather than deal with the B.S. Now AZ cops don't have to deal with that anymore. Play a stupid game like that, and get shipped back to wherever you came from.

First and foremost, they're already here illegally, breaking our laws, and the police can do nothing to them. Granted they're looking for a better life, but if they expended as much energy making their home countries better as they do trying to cross our borders, they wouldn't have to try to come here in the first place.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2010 at 8:42pm
Living in the west I can tell you AZ is RIGHT!!!! Turbo is correct!
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2010 at 10:08pm
Now if I had my way, I wouldn't need to pass rather stupid laws like the one just passed in AZ in the first place.

Were I to make the rules, I'd push through a law that would SEVERELY punish any company that had an illegal on the payrolls. Let's say right around $250,000 per illegal regardless of whether they knowingly hire them or not. Companies would go *FAR* out of their way to ensure they are not hiring them, there'd be zero work here for illegals, and they would self deport.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
4=laro View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4=laro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 4:39am
Mexico put Oklahoma on their no trade list.  We only wish they would live up to their end of the deal and keep all the illegal drugs in Mexico.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 7:21am
Texas should put Mexico on their "We'll shoot you if you try to cross our border" list and militarize the border.

See how many people try to sneak across when there's a good possibility they'd get shot.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 8:26am

As an Independent, I am actually right of center on this one. Who better to enforce the LAW than Law Enforcement? At the point where Federal enforcement is completely overwhelmed, this just makes sense.

I live in ground zero (Arizona) so I have experienced the problem first hand. When I first moved here, the problem was just heating up, and by 02-04 it was out of control. When I arrived here there we not a lot of jobs in the Automotive Computer Design field so I decided to go back to school full time and work part time until I finished. I first tried construction, but quickly found out that this industry was completely overtaken by illegal aliens, with complete complicity of the coprs, companies, and contractors involved. Most of the job sites I visited, which at that time were many (Booming Housing Market) I couldnt even find a person who spoke English. Next I tried the Restaurant business after having grown up in my Fathers Restaurant, wow even worse. There were so many illegal aliens wanting to work that they were working for next to nothing. Anyway the list goes on, and I ended up selling Cell Phones for ATT until I finished school. Once hired shortly after graduation, 2 months on the new job my Dodge Quad Cab was stolen from the parking lot. The police told me they had a good idea who stole it and for what, but there was not a whole lot they could do about it unless they could catch them red handed with the truck. I was told to wait it out, because based on the vehicle stolen it was more than likely being used to transport illegals over the border through the mountains in south Arizona, which they knew where the major drop points were and would keep an eye out for the truck (Desert South of Tuscon). Sure enough 2 weeks later right before my Insurance company was ready to settle, they find the truck in the desert exactly where the police told me they would find it. My baby was thrashed, they ripped out all of the seats to fit more illegals and painted the windows black so no one could see inside. The outside looked like it had been put into a pin ball machine with large boulders. After a month of the Insurance corp trying to fix it instead of totaling it, it was clear it was never going to be the truck I started with. It felt like I was driving a vehicle held together with duck tape (Traded it in shortly after that). The point is, the police knew everything but had no power to do anything other than wait till it was over. In the end my truck was thrashed so some restaurant could get some more 4-5 dollar an hour workers (Nice).

All the terms (Racial Profiling) or (Undocumented Workers) are just being used to confuse the issue and create more legislative paralysis.

They are Illegal Aliens who intentionally and knowingly broke the laws of our nation, and more than 90% of them are from one part of the world, south of the border (Mexico and Others), so to say you cant look at them or it will be racial profiling is just laughable and attempt to keep looking the other way (Do Nothing). When you break the laws in this country you should expect to be looking over your shoulder and at some point be caught, and that is where we are now. Now that it is time to be caught, they all want to scream bloody murder (Racial Profiling), or I am just an (Undocumented Worker).

Obviously the problem is not a simple one because there are Americans Involved. They would not come here if you were not hiring them (Knowingly). And don’t buy this crap that they don’t know, they do know and this is just about one thing (Cheap Labor).

And who pays for the Medical, Education, and other benefits of living in our country

We Do (The American Tax Payer). And with the financial mess that we are in (I wont name names) we just can not afford to continue (Business as Usual).

If you want to come to this country than you either do it Legally or understand that you will be caught and Deported (Period).

And as far as the Corps, Companies, Contractors , Ect (Jail Time). You do not pass go nor do you collect 200 dollars (Straight to jail).

Nothing better than a real consequence to stop an illegal behavior. Money is not enough of a deterrent (Obviously).

Just my opinions of course.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 10:35am
Heading to Downtown Phoenix this afternoon

Should be Interesting
sjf53 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjf53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 10:37am
I think Arizona has it right.

Arizona is just exercising their "Constitutional" rights as a State's power not being addressed by Washington and the Federal Government. 

Tenth Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.  

This law  allows for the Federal Law (already on the books) to be enforced by the Arizona State law enforcement agencies.  The Federal government has refused to enforce adequately and consistently the laws of securing our borders.   Governor Jan Brewer has made 5 requests for help to Washington with no results. 

Arizona is being very Responsible (not irresponsible) upholding the civil rights of the LEGAL Citizens of their state with this law.

No matter where you travel outside the US, if you are not a citizen of that country you are told to carry your legal documents with you at all times.  How is this any different? 

When I fly, to prevent identity theft when using my credit cards or write a check, buy liquor, stopped for a traffic violation I am required to provide proof of who I am. 

I don't get it........ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL whether you are from Russia, Egypt, Asia, So America, Canada or a European Country.  ILLEGAL is not a Race.  If you are here Illegally you have broken the LAW.

Regarding Racial Profiling: Reality Bites......Arizona sits on the border of Mexico, the majority of  ILLEGALS in this State happen to be Hispanic coming from the countries sitting south of this state.  All of which are Hispanic in origin. 

In Washington State the Illegal mix is different. Asian, Chinese, Etc......

Considering the hugh problems of Illegals with drugs, killings, rapes, kidnappings and fraud, IF you have nothing to hide you should be THANKING the officials for the enforcement of laws in trying to keep you safe.

This is not even mentioning the monetary burden ILLEGALS place on the Legal Taxpaying Citizens of the State.

sjf53 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjf53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 10:55am

FAIR - Federation for American Immigration Reform is a great site to educated yourself on this issue.
---------------------------------------------

Immigration Issues

This section provides links to Immigration Briefs -- short descriptions of issues -- as well as to our publications that describe issues in depth. The Immigration Briefs provide links to related publications.

Topics covered:

Illegal Immigration -- How many, Costs, Crime, Public Health, Social Security, Employment, "Sanctuary," Temporary Protected Status, Attrition, Border control, Mexican government, Cubans, Anchor babies, Diluting citizen's representation.

Legal Immigration -- How many, Legislative options, Naturalization, Chain migration, Dual nationality, Public charge exclusion, Entry paths (Family, Employer, Refugee, Asylum, Lottery).

National Security -- 9/11 Attacks, Loopholes, Secure ID, Entry-Exit record, Policy recommendations, Visa waiver program, NAFTA Highway, North American union.

Labor and Economics -- Job displacement, Labor market, Economy, Welfare, Wages in agriculture, Costs, Employer sanctions, Free trade agreements,

Guest Workers Temporary visa types, High-tech, agricultural workers, unskilled, company transfers.

Population and Environment -- Population growth, Sprawl, Traffic, Fresh water resources.

Societal Issues -- Assimilation, Poverty, Schools, Hate Crimes, Hit-and-run, Brain drain, Revanchism and Aztlan, Non-citizen voting, Opinion polls.

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Mahshadin Mahshadin wrote:

Heading to Downtown Phoenix this afternoon

Should be Interesting

+1, and rock on Mahshadin. Good post. (The long one)

Now imagine the frustration the police go through when they're forced to deal with guys they KNOW are breaking numerous laws and there isn't anything they can do about it. All too often the illegals flaunt it in the officer's face. The only reason that the political elites aren't doing anything about the illegal alien issue is because the hispanic vote hinges on who is the most lackadaisical about border control issues. If a politician votes to close the borders and end illegal immigration, they will be quickly voted out of office by the overabundance of hispanics in their district. The prisoners really are running the jail.

Try living illegally in Mexico. If you do it, they will find you and deport your ass at gunpoint. You don't get a nice meal and a busride like the US gives them.

How'd your deal in Phoenix go anyway?
Suzi3 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 9:45am

At least they are not muslins. And they do know how to work, until they figure out the welfare system. I'm not saying they should come illegally though.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

How'd your deal in Phoenix go anyway?

On the Illegal Immigration Subject

A lot of people dont realize Arizona has been doing Immigration Enforcement for some years now, just at a small scale (Sherriff Joe Arpaio). And whether we like the guy or not he has had a measurable impact in this state (Ground Zero). Hard to say though, there have been other efforts like Fencing and more border patrols as well. I think just the threat and then follow through with executing the Law has had a direct impact and we have seen much less Illegals here, at least I have. It is still a huge problem though and will continue as long as there is such a large disparity between the 2 countries standard of living.

The Border is the Problem, or at least the immediate problem. It wont matter how much enforcement we do if the border remains fairly easy to cross, and corps-businesses keep hiring cheaper illegal labor. It will just end up being another huge financial burden (Taxes) that we will all continue to pay for. So how do you take care of the Border Problem?

Well there are really only a handful of solutions as I see it

Hire many thousands of Border Patrols to manage an Open Border (5 to 10 years)

Build a Fence (5 to 10 years)

Leave it to the Mexican Government

Arm the Border (Military)

The way I see it (If I were the President)

I would close the border, and not just with a speech. I would task the Military to shut down the entire Mexican Border (Armed). Spread them out with Mobile base camps every 25 to 50 miles, and run round the clock armed patrols from these bases. Bring in the Army Corp of Engineers and build a REAL DETERANT (Fence) using the military, Border Patrol, and Private Sector as the work force. Make it something we can see from space, whatever just make it large enough with the intent that it wont take thousands and thousands of border police to manage (Taxes).  These playground fences their putting up in some areas is a joke and at best a temporary solution with a huge expense both building and monitoring (Taxes). Add in a few more Manned Crossing points in each border state for those Mexicans and Americans who wish to cross the border LEGALLY for trade, tourism, or jobs (Whatever). This would add much needed control of our Border. Obviously The Free-For-All Approach is not working and we just do not have the money to support the numbers of illegal Aliens entering into the country year in and year out (Millions).

Once the faucet is turned off then and only then can Enforcement and Reform have a chance at success without creating an ongoing nightmare of trying to catch them once they are here (An enormous expense when you consider the millions and millions of people here illegally) and more coming daily (Taxes).

I have more opinions on reform but I will leave it that for now!

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 6:35pm
Wow Mahshadin!

Nailhead, meet hammer!

I totally agree that the problem is with those employing illegals. The problem is the unscrupulous businesses all but own the government. The Democrats want the illegals because they're a great voting block, and the Republicans want them because their buddies in big business want slave labor, thus no closie of the border.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 6:46pm
Strange bedfellows indeed...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sharpton_pledge_to_fight_ariz_immig_O7cdlDmQ5GwTBrqZrorD5O

The Rev. Al Sharpton says he will challenge Arizona's new immigration bill in court and on the streets.

Sharpton is joining Lillian Rodriguez Lopez from the Hispanic Federation to announce a legal challenge to the bill. They say activists are also prepared to commit civil disobedience to fight the Arizona immigration bill.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed the bill Friday. It requires police to question people about their immigration status — including asking for identification — if they suspect someone is in the country illegally.

The law will take effect in late July or early August.

Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 7:35pm
What's wrong with racial profiling?  Their illegal MEXICANS!

It's really not that difficult to figure that one out.

The U.S. should put up a double constantine wire fence with land mines in between & that would stop it.  How about throwing some guard towers in with guards armed with machine guns.  Why have a border at all, if we won't patrol it?  Why have a border if there are no penalties for illegally crossing it?

All other countries of the world manage their borders, why can't we?

The problem is that Mexican's Cantarell oil field, which is roughly 40% of the Mexican economy, is in decline.  When that goes, their economy will be in terrible shape & the flood gates will open.  Fix the problem now or be prepared to board up your windows to keep them out.

I have no problems with Mexicans and actually like them, but I do have a big problem with illegal Mexicans.

This is going to get alot worse in the years go come.

Hooray for Arizona.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 10:12pm
If Cantarell takes a total dump it won't only be the Mexican economy that goes south, ours will take a crap too. We need cheap oil (under $5 a gallon) just to get by. If it stayed above that level for too long (I estimate five to six months) we'd have a major problems on our hands, no illegal aliens necessary!

Last time it got high ($4.50+) we took a crap that we are only now recovering from.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 7:01am

The illegal Mexican problem is not just in the border states either. When hubby was in the Navy and we were stationed at NAS Atlanta, there was a huge illegal Mexican population in Atlanta. The apartment complex we lived in at the time had a horrible problem with illegals as did many around there, they have rental scams going. A young hispanic couple will actually lease the apartment, they will move in, live there 2-3 weeks, then slowly single males will start to move in, they move out (go rent another place) while single males continue to move in until you have about 15-20 living in an apartment. People will complain,  they drink alot, play loud Mexican music, then some will move out, the couple will move back in, it's a revolving circle, and it takes months to actually get rid of them. However, I will say one thing for them, they ALL get up and go to work EVERYDAY 5-6 days a week for lawn services, vans and work vehicles would come by and pick them up in the morning for work.  They do work under the table though and they send most of their money home to theri families back in Mexico. Every Friday you would see tons of Mexicans lined up at the grocery store waiting in line to get money orders to send home. They do not speak much English and I speak a little Spanish and I understand a little, but one of them had a white girlfriend and we talked quite a bit, so I learned quite a bit from her and from talking to the rental office (regarding the eviction process, LOL).

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

Wow Mahshadin!

Nailhead, meet hammer!

I totally agree that the problem is with those employing illegals. The problem is the unscrupulous businesses all but own the government. The Democrats want the illegals because they're a great voting block, and the Republicans want them because their buddies in big business want slave labor, thus no closie of the border.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

A little over the top?

Here is another one

ENGLISH

Why is it so hard to understand that we have to have one language (English). I mean this is just a no brainer, if you come to this Country you can not expect Americans to learn every language known to man just because you have arrived. This would be insane to expect us all to learn Spanish, Chinese, Ukrainian, Arabic, Portuguese, Japanese, Romanian, and the list goes on. If you cant make the commitment to learn English then dont come here, its called Assimilation to your new society, and also one of the huge issues with failing schools around the Country. We can not expect our teachers to have to learn multiple languages and then somehow execute them in 6 different languages in the classroom (Common Sense). And this ripples into every part of our Nation from Education to Business. This wouldnt bother me that much if I didn’t see the absolute refusal by some ethnic groups to assimilate the language.

MUMAMIA!!!!!!

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 10:03pm
On the local news (TV12 Phoenix) Tonight

Drop house busted, 25 illegal aliens arrested.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 5:43am
Over the top? Nope, "Nailhead Meet Hammer" means you hit the nail on the head.

You and I, it seems, agree 100% on this issue Mahshadin.

There is a growing fear that congress is looking to push an Amnesty bill for Illegals in the coming months. If that nasty rumor is true you guys down there can expect an exodus from Mexico into your neck of the woods just like what happened the last time our political leadership did it. Good luck with that.

Here in my neck of the woods we have had a huge influx of Somalians. If you think the Hispanic influx is bad, deal with these guys a little. They're arrogant in the extreme as they have the belief that because they were able to kill eighteen Americans during the Maalinti Rangers (Black Hawk Down) incident they are somehow tougher and smarter than we. It was fun pointing out that the American Operators killed more than a thousand and wounded close to 2000.

Anyway, they don't care to learn the language and instead of wanting to join Americans, they want to be a separate but equal entity within.

Lately we've been having problems with them going back to Somalia, Pakistan, etc and receiving terrorism training, then coming back or going homicide/suicide bomber in the Middle East. Many in the area feel it is but a matter of time before someone sets themself off at the Mall Of America etc. to murder Americans. My fear if this begins to happen on our soil, there will be a Holocaust where Americans lynch anyone who even remotely looks like they're of Middle Eastern descent. After 9/11 we had more than enough weird stuff go on toward Muslims or those that look like them, let extremists start blowing themselves up and I don't think we'd be able to quell the violence and an ethnic cleansing may take place.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Penham Penham wrote:

The illegal Mexican problem is not just in the border states either. When hubby was in the Navy and we were stationed at NAS Atlanta, there was a huge illegal Mexican population in Atlanta. The apartment complex we lived in at the time had a horrible problem with illegals as did many around there, they have rental scams going. A young hispanic couple will actually lease the apartment, they will move in, live there 2-3 weeks, then slowly single males will start to move in, they move out (go rent another place) while single males continue to move in until you have about 15-20 living in an apartment. People will complain,  they drink alot, play loud Mexican music, then some will move out, the couple will move back in, it's a revolving circle, and it takes months to actually get rid of them. However, I will say one thing for them, they ALL get up and go to work EVERYDAY 5-6 days a week for lawn services, vans and work vehicles would come by and pick them up in the morning for work.  They do work under the table though and they send most of their money home to theri families back in Mexico. Every Friday you would see tons of Mexicans lined up at the grocery store waiting in line to get money orders to send home. They do not speak much English and I speak a little Spanish and I understand a little, but one of them had a white girlfriend and we talked quite a bit, so I learned quite a bit from her and from talking to the rental office (regarding the eviction process, LOL).

Sounds very familiar to whats been going on here with apartments and more commonly houses now. The big difference here is Arizona and other Border states and their Cities are used as Distribution points now since these border states have already been over flooded with illegals. Many Illegals actually Pay (Large Sums) to violate the Law (Crossing The Border) and are brought to Drop houses where they accumulate and once there is a large enough number they are shipped on to other states. There is a vast network that now streches and reaches almost every state and City.

This is just a Blatent disregard for our Laws and our Country, and if you talk with some of them they will actually argue with you that they are not violating any laws. Boy thats a good premise for becoming an American (Ya Think).

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 6:29pm
And While I am on the Subject

If we are going to do some Law Enforcement in Arizona then lets start with this one from 2007 which requires all employers in the State to verify the identity of every new employee (E-Verify)

Very simple, walk into a business and ask for the I9s for all the Employees (Not To Difficult), if they dont have them (To Bad So Sad) your closed for 10 days, we come back anytime in the next 5 years and find more YOU ARE DONE.

July 02, 2007

On July 2, 2007, Governor Janet Napolitano signed a tough new law that imposes penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants. At the same time, the Governor announced she is willing to call for a special session of the Arizona State Legislature to repair defects in the bill.

In a written statement accompanying House Bill 2779, the Governor said she took the tandem action because Congress has failed miserably. She wrote, "Immigration is a federal responsibility, but I signed HB 2779 because it is now abundantly clear that Congress finds itself incapable of coping with the comprehensive immigration reforms our country needs. I signed it, too, out of the realization that the flow of illegal immigration into our state is due to the constant demand of some employers for cheap, undocumented labor."

http://www.gis-i9.com/newsevents.aspx?article=21

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 8:37pm

This was interesting...

the complete article is here-

excerpt-

Hal Lewis, professor of Physics at UC Santa Barbara, said:

Twenty-odd years ago, perhaps thirty, I toured the Mexican border in the vicinity of San Diego, as a guest of the Border Patrol, and as a member of a White House Committee. I remember four things vividly.

One could see across the border to the hills on the other side, where enormous crowds were waiting for dark to make their try, complete with taco carts and other amenities. The Border Patrol was overwhelmed, and helpless.

Second, the technical capability we had was adequate to detect most crossers, but the number was beyond control. As the intruders were detected and collected they were bussed back to a central location until there weren't any buses remaining; at that point they just walked by, waving.

Third, most of the folks intercepted had no personal identification, so they all gave the same name, and no one could prove otherwise. Therefore, since they were anonymous and there were no jails adequate to detain them, they were given a hot meal and sent back, to try again tomorrow or next week.

Finally, at the end of the day my guide for the tour showed me the best hole in the fence, wide enough for my car, saying that there was no need to wait in a customs line if I needed to cross the border for personal reasons. He knew I wasn't a smuggler.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 8:49pm
 decades of inaction ....

April 23, 2010

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed into law Friday a tough immigration bill that

President Obama criticized as "misguided."

..."We in Arizona have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act," she said

after signing the law. "But decades of inaction and misguided policy have created a

dangerous and unacceptable situation."

from-

Ariz. Governor Signs Strict Immigration Bill

by NPR Staff and Wires

Mary008

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 10:40am
http://video.godlikeproductions.com/video/Illegal_Alien_Supporters_in_Arizona_Say_They_Will_Murder_Americans_With_Axes?id=84f1f7356ba5539cfcb

Give that one a watch there Mahshadin. Apparently the illegals are going to take up pickaxes and shovels which they're going to attack those of you that agree with AZ's new law with.

May I make a suggestion?

I see you bet shovel? I see your shovel and raise you .40 cal.
sjf53 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjf53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 10:55am

"This entire law is written within the constraints of Federal Immigration Law … and is, as usual, being totally misrepresented by the left and the Open-Borders crowd …

Everyone can read the complete law (only 17 pages) for themselves Here … or read the Fact Sheet for SB1070 … Here …"

Can someone please explain to me how DWI random stops are OK then?

Also, my sister made a good point....does it not put alot of burden on the DMV making it very important that they are sure people are here legally when getting a driver's license.

Click to read the comments

By Michelle Malkin  •  April 28, 2010 12:36 AM

This is what a “police state” looks like

My syndicated column today responds to Mexican President Felipe Calderon’s demagoguery on Arizona’s immigration enforcement law. Calderon has a long history of bashing the U.S. — and then getting rewarded for it with billions of dollars in foreign aid (see here, here, and here).

I reported on Calderon’s aggressive meddling on behalf of illegal aliens through his government consulate offices in America here. Heather Mac Donald published a thorough investigation of the Mexican government meddle-crats here. Allan Wall has reported on it for years. Mike Sweeney, an Arizona Republic letter-writer underscores my column theme today:

“Having traveled into Mexico last year to various cities on the Baja Peninsula, a distance of more than 1,000 miles round-trip, we were stopped more than 20 times at various checkpoints. At most of those stops, we were told to exit the vehicle and we were subjected to rigorous inspections. Where does Mexican President Felipe Calderón get off with his hypocritical outrage at our Senate Bill 1070?”

Where indeed?

How Mexico treats illegal aliens
by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2010

Mexican President Felipe Calderon has accused Arizona of opening the door “to intolerance, hate, discrimination and abuse in law enforcement.” But Arizona has nothing on Mexico when it comes to cracking down on illegal aliens. While open-borders activists decry new enforcement measures signed into law in “Nazi-zona” last week, they remain deaf, dumb or willfully blind to the unapologetically restrictionist policies of our neighbors to the south.

The Arizona law bans sanctuary cities that refuse to enforce immigration laws, stiffens penalties against illegal alien day laborers and their employers, makes it a misdemeanor for immigrants to fail to complete and carry an alien registration document, and allows the police to arrest immigrants unable to show documents proving they are in the U.S. legally. If those rules constitute the racist, fascist, xenophobic, inhumane regime that the National Council of La Raza, Al Sharpton, Catholic bishops and their grievance-mongering followers claim, then what about these regulations and restrictions imposed on foreigners?

– The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?

– If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

– Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

– Law enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

– Ready to show your papers? Mexico’s National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens’ identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

All of these provisions are enshrined in Mexico’s Ley General de Población (General Law of the Population) and were spotlighted in a 2006 research paper published by the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Security Policy. There’s been no public clamor for “comprehensive immigration reform” in Mexico, however, because pro-illegal alien speech by outsiders is prohibited.

Consider: Open-borders protesters marched freely at the Capitol building in Arizona, comparing GOP Gov. Jan Brewer to Hitler, waving Mexican flags, advocating that demonstrators “Smash the State,” and holding signs that proclaimed “No human is illegal” and “We have rights.”

But under the Mexican constitution, such political speech by foreigners is banned. Noncitizens cannot “in any way participate in the political affairs of the country.” In fact, a plethora of Mexican statutes enacted by its congress limit the participation of foreign nationals and companies in everything from investment, education, mining and civil aviation to electric energy and firearms. Foreigners have severely limited private property and employment rights (if any).

As for abuse, the Mexican government is notorious for its abuse of Central American illegal aliens who attempt to violate Mexico’s southern border. The Red Cross has protested rampant Mexican police corruption, intimidation and bribery schemes targeting illegal aliens there for years. Mexico didn’t respond by granting mass amnesty to illegal aliens, as it is demanding that we do. It clamped down on its borders even further. In late 2008, the Mexican government launched an aggressive deportation plan to curtain illegal Cuban immigration and human trafficking through Cancun.

Meanwhile, Mexican consular offices in the United States have coordinated with left-wing social justice groups and the Catholic Church leadership to demand a moratorium on all deportations and a freeze on all employment raids across America.

Mexico is doing the job Arizona is now doing — a job the U.S. government has failed miserably to do: putting its people first. Here’s the proper rejoinder to all the hysterical demagogues in Mexico (and their sympathizers here on American soil) now calling for boycotts and invoking Jim Crow laws, apartheid and the Holocaust because Arizona has taken its sovereignty into its own hands:

Hipócritas.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Some Comments

On April 28th, 2010 at 8:15 am, Virginia Patriot said:

Si se puede (Yes We Can)

Yes we can:
Ignore your laws.
Enter your country any time we feel like it.
Collect benefits to which we are not entitled.
Tell you what your immigration policies should be.
File thousands of lawsuits to prevent you from enforcing your laws.
Vote in your elections fradulently.
Take your country.

"I somehow doubt Rachael “Papers, please” Maddow will discuss this with her viewer."

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 5:06pm

sjf

I dont know that I am with ya on all that.

To me this is very simple
1. There is a Problem (To Many People coming here Illegally)
2. Enforce the Damn Laws
3. Close the Damn Border

How difficult is this, First thing is you admit there is a Legal Problem, then you close the border with the military because thats the only answer at this point, and you sstart enforcing the laws including the ones we already have. And if you cant enforce the laws with what you have then use the people who are already in the business of enforcement (Police).

Its Not really brain surgery
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 10:59pm

Help For Mexican people wanting to know how to prove Legal status.
...................................................................................................................

A Social Security number is important because you need it to get a job, collect Social Security benefits and receive some other government services. Many other businesses, such as banks and credit companies, also ask for your number.

If you are a noncitizen living in the United States, you also may need a Social Security number. For more information, see Social Security Numbers For Noncitizens (Publication No. 05-10096). If you are temporarily in the United States to work, see Foreign Workers and Social Security Numbers (Publication No. 05-10107).

Generally, only noncitizens authorized to work in the United States by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can get a Social Security number. Social Security numbers are used to report an individual’s wages to the government and to determine a person’s eligibility for Social Security benefits. You need a Social Security number to work, collect Social Security benefits and receive some other government services.

Lawfully admitted noncitizens can get many benefits and services without a Social Security number. You do not need a number to get a driver’s license, register for school, obtain private health insurance, or to apply for school lunch programs or subsidized housing.

How can I get a Social Security number and card?

There are two ways you can apply:

• You can apply in your home country before you come to the United States when filing an application for an immigrant visa with the U.S. Department of State. In almost all cases, if you apply for a Social Security number and card with your immigrant visa application, you do not have to visit a Social Security office in the United States. (For more information, see www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnvisa); or
  • You can visit a Social Security office in person.

If you are not an immigrant or did not apply for a Social Security number on your immigrant visa application, you must have your papers from DHS showing your U.S. immigration status and authorization to work in the United States. Then you should apply for a Social Security number and card by visiting an office. We recommend you wait 10 days after arriving in the United States to apply for a Social Security number. This will make it easier for us to verify your DHS documents online, which will speed processing of your Social Security number application. Applying for a Social Security number and card is free. To apply:

All documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents. We also cannot accept a receipt showing you applied for the document.

We may use one document for two purposes. For example, we may use your DHS work permit as proof of both your identity and work-authorized immigration status. Your birth certificate or passport may serve as proof of age. However, you must provide at least two separate documents.

We will mail your number and card as soon as we have all of your information and have verified your documents with the issuing offices.

Identity and immigration status

To prove your identity and immigration status, show us your current U.S. immigration documents and your unexpired foreign passport. Acceptable immigration documents include your:

• Form I-551 (includes machine-readable immigrant visa with your unexpired foreign passport);
  • Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record); or
  • Forms I-766 or I-688B (employment authorization documents).

Exchange visitors: If you are a J-1 or J-2 exchange visitor, we also need to see your DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status.

International students: If you are an F-1 or M-1 student, we need to see your Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. For information on other documents students must provide, ask for International Students And Social Security Numbers (Publication No. 05-10181).

Work eligibility

To apply for a Social Security number to work in the United States, you must show us current immigration documents with work authorization. Immigration documents proving work authorization include Form I-94 (showing a class of admission with DHS work authorization), Form I-766, I-688B or I-551.

Present your birth certificate if you have it or can easily obtain it. If not, we can consider other documents, such as your passport or a document issued by DHS, as evidence of your age.

What if I need a number for other reasons

If you are not authorized by DHS to work in the United States, you can get a Social Security number only if you can prove you need it for a valid non-work reason. That might happen, for example, if a state or federal law requires you to have a Social Security number to obtain benefits to which you have already established entitlement.

If you need a number for tax purposes and you are not authorized to work in the United States, you can apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Visit IRS in person or call the IRS toll-free number, 1-800-TAXFORM (1-800-829-3676), and request Form W-7, Application For An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.

If a business or government agency asks you for a Social Security number and you are not authorized to work in the United States, ask if they can identify you in some other way. In most cases, you will be able to get the service or license you need without a Social Security number.

Contacting Social Security

Our website is a valuable resource for information about all of Social Security’s programs. There are a number of things you can do online.

In addition to using our website, you can call us toll-free  We can answer specific questions from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. We treat all calls confidentially. We can provide information by automated phone service 24 hours a day. (You can use our automated response system to tell us a new address or request a replacement Medicare card.) If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call our TTY number

We also want to make sure you receive accurate and courteous service. That is why we have a second Social Security representative monitor some telephone calls.

check here for phone numbers

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 11:12pm

From-

The Snow Report

Proof of Immigration Status - The Law

-michael cutler-

April 27, 2010

(well worth reading )

excerpt-

...For decades our federal government has done an abysmal job of securing the borders of the United States and creating an immigration system that has even a modicum of integrity.  This is why there are now unknown millions of illegal aliens who are present in our country.  As I have often noted- immigration is not a single issue but is a major factor in nearly every challenge that confronts our nation today.  Everything from national security and criminal justice to the economy, the environment, healthcare and education are getting slammed and so are other areas of concern.

The state legislature of Arizona, in recognizing these failures of the federal government created a bill that the governor of Arizona signed this past weekend that would address the vacuum created by a crisis of leadership and integrity in Washington.  They enacted legislation that would require aliens present in that state to carry proof of alien registration.

( Mr. Culter points out that the Arizona laws are not so new and that we have requirement to prove legal status already on the books, for 60 yrs. )

Spell it    C o n g r e s s                  ... VOTE ...  

Mary008
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2010 at 8:44am
Here's the funny thing: The Mexican Government is "Outraged" that we would enforce our laws, but if you are in Mexico illegally you will get a beatdown and be dumped, literally dumped across the border in the U.S.

So it's okay for them to round up illegals and deport them with prejudice, but the U.S. should never enforce their laws.

I'm thinking Texas will follow Arizona's lead soon, and good for them.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2010 at 9:58am

Arizona's law is a rational reaction to illegal immigration
...............................................................................................

By Ron Smith

April 30, 2010

...As you certainly know by now, the Arizona law has sparked quite the reaction. President Barack Obama took the side of the illegals, saying it was the new state law that was "misguided" and calling on the Justice Department to make sure Arizona law enforcement officers do not violate anyone's civil rights in enforcing it. He says this is a wake-up call for the federal government to at last overhaul the immigration system. But the reality is, there's most likely no way to round up the necessary votes in Congress to get that done.

Article here-

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2010 at 10:09am

Balancing the Political Correctness against the violence, Drugs, overcrowding,

murder, kidnapping, theft, higher taxes for public services and a general feeling of "The

Wild West" ... perhaps the hurt feeling of people being asked for proof of legality may have

to take a back seat.   Oh, the hardship of it....

Mexico, we love you but, get a grip.

...Critics contend that the bill will lead to racial profiling and civil rights abuses. Hours before Brewer signed the legislation, which passed nearly along party lines in the state Senate, Obama criticized the effort as "misguided" and said it "threatened to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe."

from-
Mexico angry about new Arizona immigration law
By Bridget Johnson - 04/24/10 10:49 AM ET

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2010 at 10:24am

From Canada-

Until now, the Mexican government has done next to nothing to discourage illegal

crossings into America by Latinos smitten with wanderlust in a northerly direction.

SB 1070 Already Paying Dividends in Arizona!

By John Lillpop  Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Contrary to the ominous warnings issued by naysayers and others who are opposed to

the rule of law, Arizona's freshly minted SB 1070 is already paying dividends.

Mary008
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2010 at 8:28am
Looks like there is a few Legal Problems with the new Arizona Bill

Arizona Legislative branches try to address problems with new language
Details Below

Arizona lawmakers OK several changes to immigration law

Reported by: ABC15.com staff, wire reports
Last Update: 5:40 am
PHOENIX -- Arizona lawmakers have approved several changes to the recently passed sweeping law targeting illegal immigration.

If Gov. Jan Brewer supports the changes, they will go into effect at the same time as the new law, 90 days from now.

The current law requires local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status if there's reason to suspect they're in the country illegally, and makes it a state crime to be in the United States illegally.

One change to the bill strengthens restrictions against using race or ethnicity as the basis for questioning and inserts those same restrictions in other parts of the law.

Changes to the bill language will actually remove the word "solely" from the sentence, "The attorney general or county attorney shall not investigate complaints that are based solely on race, color or national origin."

Another change replaces the phrase "lawful contact" with "lawful stop, detention or arrest" to apparently clarify that officers don't need to question a victim or witness about their legal status.

A third change specifies that police contact over violations for local civil ordinances can trigger questioning on immigration status.

The law's sponsor, Republican Sen. Russell Pearce, characterized the race and ethnicity changes as clarifications "just to take away the silly arguments and the games, the dishonesty that's been played."

Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Phoenix, said allowing immigration-status contacts for civil violations such as weed-infested yards or too many occupants in a residence could spur complaints of racial profiling.

Pearce defended that provision, saying there shouldn't be a restraint on when police act on a reasonable suspicion that somebody is in the country illegally. "It is a lawful contact," Pearce said.

The follow-on legislation approved Thursday also would change the law to specify that immigration-status questions would follow a law enforcement officer's stopping, detaining or arresting a person while enforcing another law.

Brewer's spokesman said that makes it clear that police cannnot question people just on the suspicion they're illegal immigrants.

Brewer likely will sign the follow-on bill, said the spokesman, Paul Senseman.

Pearce said that change doesn't require a formal arrest before questioning but helps make it clear that racial profiling is not allowed.
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/phoenixmetro/central/story/Arizona-lawmakers-OK-several-changes-to/qNpxW7Jonkm9shejhnkiSQ.cspx?rss=1730
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2010 at 9:12am

This makes a lot of sense... in fact They should walk up to every tall blue eyed blonde

they can find ... to ask first, that way there is a sense of friendliness and fairness shown

to all.   Hug  if there's reason to suspect they're in the country illegally ... 

...The current law requires local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status if there's reason to suspect they're in the country illegally, and makes it a state crime to be in the United States illegally.

One change to the bill strengthens restrictions against using race or ethnicity as the basis for questioning and inserts those same restrictions in other parts of the law.

Mary008

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2010 at 2:55pm

the Illegal Swedish Volleyball Team

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2010 at 8:10am

Poor Arizona...  Why are they being so overt.. entirely too visible.  They need to commiserate with New York State.  Listen up Arizona...  over here in New York State .. we like to be on good terms with everyone.  The State Police ( have a good reputation ) put up a road block on a main highway, they call it a "tire tread check" it also serves to clean things up a bit.  No matter ones race,  many are asked to show ID .  I never see any problems with this spread across the evening news.  Try it. 

Ariz. Gov Signs Bill Revising New Immigration Law
Associated Press

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2010 at 8:10am

It goes for all people, from all countries.

If ever there was a good reason to support-

The Law

It's already on the books ...  But hasn't been enforced.
..........................................................................................

Asking people to be in the USA Legally...

"You Can't do this to us."

Excuse Me?

VIDEO

Mary008
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 8:23am
Immigration should be simple either you let everybody in or you have a quota
You cannot just let Mexicans by the millions and not the Chinese or Africans or Indians or Arabs
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 11:59am

Here are some recent Immigration Acts-

older ones can be found here-

Immigrant Act (1965): eliminated immigration quotas, establishing new criteria for immigrants.

"The 1965 immigration act removed 'natural origins' as the basis of American immigration legislation and was framed as an amendment to the 1952 McCarran-Walter Act. The 1965 act abolished 'national origin' quotas and specified seven preferences for Eastern Hemisphere quota immigrants: (1) unmarried adult sons and daughters of citizens; (2) spouses and unmarried sons and daughters of permanent residents; (3) professionals, scientists, and artists of ëexceptional abilityí; (4) married adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens; (5) siblings of adult citizens; (6) workers, skilled and unskilled, in occupations for which labor was in short supply in the United States; and (7) refugees from Communist-dominated countries or those uprooted by natural catastrophe. [Ö] Since 1965, two million Asian quota immigrants, two million nonquota immigrants, and one million refugees outside the seventh preference have arrived" (Lowe 181-82fn16).

"In the period since 1965, legal regulations on immigration include Asians among a broad segment of racialized immigrants, while policing has refocused particularly on 'alien' and 'illegal' Mexican and Latino workers. Asian Americans, with the history of being constituted as 'aliens,' have the collective 'memory' to be critical of the notion of citizenship and the liberal democracy it upholds; Asian American culture is the site of 'remembering,' in which the recognition of Asian immigrant history in the present predicament of Mexican and Latino immigrants is possible" (Lowe 21).

Three acts have facilitated the immigration and resettlement of Southeast Asian refugees:

Indochina Migration and Refugee Assistance Act (1975)

Refugee Act (1980)

Amerasian Homecoming Act (1987)

"Another distinguishing feature of the post-1965 Asian immigration is the predominance of immigrants from South Korea, the Phillipines, South Vietnam, and Cambodia, countries deeply affected by U.S. colonialism, war and neocolonialism" (Lowe 16).

"Despite the usual assumptions that Asians immigrate from stable, continuous, 'traditional' cultures, most of the post-1965 Asian immigrants come from societies already disrupted by colonialism and distorted by the upheavals of neocolonial capitalism and war" (Lowe 16).

Immigrant Reform and Control Act (1986)

Immigration Act (1990)

"As the Immigrant Reform and Control Act of 1986 and the Immigration Act of 1990 attest, however, immigration legislation continues to be the site for the resurgence of contradiction between capital and the state, between economic and political imperatives, between the push-pull of markets and the maintenance of civil rights and is riddled with conflicts as the state attempts to control through law what is also an economically driven phenomenon.

In the 1990s, recent immigration policies and de facto immigration policies express this contradiction around the crisis of illegal immigration, particularly from Mexico and Latin America (though Haitian and Chinese examples have also emerged)" (Lowe 20).

California's Proposition 187:

"California's Proposition 187 passed in 1994, attempts to deny schooling and medical care to illegal immigrants; although the referendum does not specify immigrants from Mexico and Latin America, its execution would certainly be aimed at these groups" (Lowe 20).

"Since the 1950s, undocumented immigrants from Mexico and Latin America have provided much of the low-wage labor in agriculture, construction, hotels, restaurants, and domestic services in the western and southwestern United States.

The wages and working conditions of these jobs do not attract U.S. workers: state policy will not legislate the improvement of labor conditions, but neither does it declare officially that the U.S. economy systematically produces jobs that only third world workers find attractive. The result is an officially disavowed and yet unofficially mandated, clandestine movement of illegal immigration, which addresses the economy's need for low-wage labor but whose dehumanization of migrant workers is politically contradictory" (Lowe 21).
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 11:37am
Arizona Sees your 100 illegal alliens and raises you Teachers with an Accent.

Arizona considering dumping English teachers who have an accent.

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 1:00pm
This is have a hard time believing in. I think it's going to far now.

Granted if the accent is extreme to the point people have a hard time understanding them, fine. English is the language of our country. Dropping someone because they simply have an accent is over the line on someone that is legally here.

What's next, dumping teachers with a Southern Accent? How about a New York accent, AKA, possibly the single most annoying accent I've ever heard. Oh, what about an English accent?
sjf53 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjf53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 1:17pm

"Arizona Sees your 100 illegal alliens and raises you Teachers with an Accent.

Arizona considering dumping English teachers who have an accent."

I find this hard to believe as well.  Could you please site your sources on this?  I hope you were just trying to inject some humor into an already very tense situation here in Arizona.
Thanks........ 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic