Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Massive US Air-Sea-Marine build-up op

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Massive US Air-Sea-Marine build-up op
    Posted: May 24 2010 at 8:03pm
Obama starts massive US Air-Sea-Marine build-up opposite Iran

"the Pentagon plans to have at least 4 or 5 US aircraft carriers visible from Iranian shores."

Russian-US discord slides into Cold War

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2010 at 9:53pm
Elver...we are in bad times. A weak President with a weak Congress and weak Americans not willing to support our troops. Our enemies smell blood in the water.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 6:43am

Israel prepares for decision on Iran

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 12:01am

He is right about a - different rationality.

The Holy Quran says:  

"Surely those who are close to Allah, have no fear nor shall they grieve." (Surah Younus, 10:62)  

Imam Ja'far Sadiq (A) says: "A true believer can never commit suicide."  

Thus, religious faith is, on the one hand, a motivating force,

(and Note: Iran is Ruled by the ... "Mosque"  ( so believe ... it (religion/Islam ) is a motivating force )

http://www.al-islam.org/rationality/

4=laro View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4=laro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 6:42am
Bilderberg group met last week and they havent decided on bombing Iran.  So all this show of force is on hold until they decide which way to go.   Many in Europe are against it and the US cant act until they get the go ahead from the Illuminati.
Loribearme View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 7:25pm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/04/AR2010060402617.html

PARIS -- A report released by the Council of Europe on Friday accuses the World Health Organization and European governments of vastly exaggerating the public health risks of swine flu and making secretive decisions that benefited pharmaceutical companies.

WHO, the U.N. health agency, has said those who claim swine flu was a fake pandemic created for the benefit of drug companies are irresponsible.

A report by the health committee of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, a 47-member human rights watchdog, says the public health guidelines by WHO, EU agencies and national governments led to a "waste of large sums of public money and unjustified scares and fears about the health risks faced by the European public."

The report was made public Friday. Legislators from all 47 members of the Council of Europe will debate the report June 24. The Council of Europe is not a European Union body and has no power over WHO.

The committee said decisions about the outbreak were poorly explained and not transparent enough. It warned that public trust in WHO recommendations is "plummeting," which could be dangerous in case of a more severe pandemic in the future. The committee also suggested that drug makers contribute to a public fund to support independent research.

ad_icon
if ( show_doubleclick_ad && ( adTemplate & INLINE_ARTICLE_AD ) == INLINE_ARTICLE_AD && inlineAdGraf ) { placeAd('ARTICLE',commercialNode,20,'inline=y;',true) ; } < ="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/wpni.health/wires/inlinead;ad=bb;sz=300x250;pos=inline_bb;poe=yes;orbit=y;del=;fromrss=n;rss=n;heavy=y;page=article;front=n;pageId=wpni-wp-dyn--article-2010-06-04-AR2010060402617;articleId=AR2010060402617;!c=intrusive;cn=yes;pnode=technology;tile=3;ord=451750399723588600?" =text/> < marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 ="http://view.atdmt.com/NYC/iview/184816757/direct;wi.300;hi.250/01/5126025?click=http://ad.doubleclick.net/click%3Bh%3Dv8/39b2/3/0/%2a/w%3B220774078%3B0-0%3B0%3B33246023%3B4307-300/250%3B34888361/34906191/1%3B%3B%7Eokv%3D%3Bad%3Dbb%3Bsz%3D300x250%3Bpos%3Dinline_bb%3Bpoe%3Dyes%3Borbit%3Dy%3Bdel%3D%3Bfromrss%3Dn%3Brss%3Dn%3Bheavy%3Dy%3Bpage%3Darticle%3B%7Eaopt%3D6/1/ff/1%3B%7Esscs%3D%3f" Border=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250 allowTransparency topmargin="0" leftmargin="0">

Since bird flu broke out several years ago, governments worldwide have bought stockpiles of vaccines and antivirals. The emergence of swine flu sparked some countries to buy even more drugs. Many of the drugs and vaccines have gone unused, and the outbreak turned out to be much less deadly than some experts had feared.

Because influenza is so unpredictable, authorities often must prepare for the worst. Some had feared swine flu could be as deadly as the 1918 pandemic, which killed up to 50 million people worldwide.

MamaBear4 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaBear4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 2:12pm
My son-in-law is in the Navy. His ship is leaving their home port on Wed., can't say to where? He may not know for sure.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 2:36pm
Hi... name of his ship?
MamaBear4 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaBear4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2010 at 10:39am
Chancellorville ? with the Ronald Reagan. Now next week to leave stateside. Please pray for our enlisted.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2010 at 3:20pm

.http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cys2T5FgJdo/SLjgMb6j-5I/AAAAAAAADaw/Hbx5NQVApJg/s320/Peleliu3.jpg

USS CHANCELLORSVILLE

TICONDEROGA-class AEGIS cruiser

On July 7th, the men and women of the Aegis class cruiser
USS CHANCELLORSVILLE (CG-62) will depart San Diego
and head out to be forward deployed in Yokosuka, Japan

In addition to the added radar capability, the Ticonderoga class built after the Thomas S. Gates are outfitted with two Vertical Launching Systems (or VLS). The two VLS allow the ship to have 122 launch tubes that can carry a wide variety of missiles, including the Tomahawk cruise missile, the Standard surface-to-air missile, the Evolved Sea Sparrow surface-to-air missile, and the ASROC anti-submarine missile. More importantly, the VLS enables all missiles to be on full stand-by at any given time, shortening the ship's response time.

wikipedia

The Reagan CSG

consists of the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), USS Chancellorsville (CG 62), USS Gridley (DDG 101), USS Decatur (DDG 73), USS Thach (FFG 43), and the USS Springfield (SSN 761).

USS CHANCELLORSVILLE (CG 62)

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gmkh9If1WQ 

Yokosuka City

Original uploader was PHG at en.wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:YokosukaCity.JPG
MamaBear4 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaBear4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2010 at 8:52am

Mary, Thank you for all the info.

sjf53 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjf53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2010 at 8:42pm
Mamabear...I will be praying for your son-in-law and all the enlisted men and their families.

These are dangerous Times.  God Bless.
sjf53 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjf53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2010 at 9:17pm
http://comments.americanthinker.com/read/1/613733.html

Chinese oppose US carrier deployment

By William R. Hawkins
In a speech to the Asia Society June 9, Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, expressed dismay over China's failure to support U.S. and allied calls for punishing North Korea over its sinking of the Cheonan, a South Korean corvette. Forty-six crewmen died when a North Korea submarine ambushed and torpedoed the Republic of Korea (ROK) warship March 26. Beijing's reaction is more than just "tepid" as Adm. Mullen described it. It sees American support for South Korea to be a threat to China. On the same day as the admiral's speech, an editorial in the... (Read Full Article)

11 Comments

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2010 at 10:09pm

Perhaps it reminds China of a war.... or being occupied?  I do understand them feeling territorial.   The last time we were occupied was the 1700's.

" When it wishes to disturb others..." 

well, I would say that Iran wanting to
do away with Israel is disturbing, and N. Korea acting wacko/ provacative is very disturbing.  Why are they so worried about their seas? 

It certainly intends to make its presence felt in the Yellow Sea and the East China Sea...."

Oh my... I had no idea they see us as an opponent?

One that opposes another or others in a battle, contest, controversy, or debate

Who would not be bothered by an opponent hanging around at the door with a gun all day long?

China needs to get a clue...that N. Korea is actually a thorn in the side . not a jewel in the crown.

No one would need to hang out there if China had control over N. Korea.

File:Bohai%20Sea%20map.png
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2010 at 6:56am

Speaking of no control...

North Korea threatens to blow up SKorean propaganda equipment, turn Seoul into 'sea of flame'

Published June 12, 2010

Associated Press

ment-says-turn-seoul-sea-flame/

Mary008
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 8:58pm
Deployment of naval vessels around Iran is troubling for a few reasons: while some doubt surrounds whether or not the INS Spear in the 2006 incident in which it was almost sunk had its anti-missile systems online, the C-802 anti-ship missile has some upgrades available today that make it much less detectable by ESM systems.  Assuming that Iran has not acquired any more advanced anti-ship weapons, this still presents a significant threat to any navy vessels near their shores.  Because the gulf is narrow, and the C-802 is an extremely fast platform, the time to detect, target and respond to this and similar weapons systems is very small.

Obviously IMO, but it seems like this is an unnecessary risk for our troops.  It's unlikely Iran would actually attempt to, or succeed in destroying a US ship in a CSG, but that doesn't mean an incident similar to the attack on the INS Spear can't happen.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 10:16pm
Call me silly, but I think all the movement is mainly, policing.... military high profile to keep up the influx of $$$...  Turkey is so into their new role as uniter of the Islamic world.... and our Corps are so busy raking in the dough over there...
I just don't see any War in the mix.

this thought is  little scary...

Muslims Majority in Europe Within 20 Years
4=laro View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4=laro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 2:44pm
This is all just preparation.  At this point the Bilderberg group has NOT given their consent to allow anyone to bomb Iran.  Until they do, it will not happen.

At their meeting in Spain, (2 weeks ago) they could not agree on doing it, so until they get the whole group to agree, dont look for sparks to fly.  Much pressure on them since they are more out in the open, lots did not attend. 

Their main agenda is to reduce the world population to around 200 mil or so.  Do gooder Bill Gates and his dogooder wife were both at the meeting.
Hotair View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 8:48pm
How do you have this info? I would imagine that those meetings are closely guarded.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 6:18pm
Melinda is trying to help African women... thy are crying out for " family planning."
and Bill has gotten together-

...newly created American Energy Innovation Council

Bill Gates, John Doerr: We Need $16B Per Year for Energy Innovation

Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 9:30pm
U.S. Bomb Buildup On UK Military Island?  (re Iran) 

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Hotair Hotair wrote:

How do you have this info? I would imagine that those meetings are closely guarded.

A friend of a friend has a secret friend who is a secret devious elitist corporatist who belongs to a secret group meeting in a secret place who are creating secret plans to secretly TAKE OVER THE WORLD. And the secrets ended up being so secret that the secret friend of the secret group had to tell all of us about the secret elitist friend with the secret plans of the secret society with plans to secretly TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

Question

How many secret friends does it take before you become a secret society?

Or

Who is the leader of the secret society the one with the least or most secrets?

Or

If the secrets were so secret from the secret society how is it we are getting all those secrets on this board? Is this the secret society?

So you see you can never know who the secret friend of a friend of the secret group is, it simply wouldnt be a secret then.

(Its a Conundrum)!!!!

No Doubt!!!

Warning this message will secretly self destruct in 7 minutes
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Hotair View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 3:16pm
How funny Mahs! That was a lol moment for me today!
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 9:30pm
SmileSmileSmileSmile
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 10:45pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLkiM4CHAJo&feature=related

USA is very close to Strike Iran

from left: Brazil's FM & President, Iranian FM & President, Turkish PM & FM celebrate the nuclear fuel swap agreement signed in Tehran on May 17, 2010
10-point nuclear deal between Iran, Turkey and Brazil

A picture worth a thousand words.....

Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 11:13pm
11 warships & 1 Israeli vessel are headed to the Persian Gulf.

endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 8:52am
Bush have send the Carriers to the Gulf before Do we think that Obama is not bluffing this time?
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 7:41pm
I hope he is bluffing!

I'd rather we sent our troops to the Mexican border.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2010 at 8:50am

Israel should be getting pretty close to completing their missile defense system (Summer 2010).

I believe anything goes after that, Iran is in a box with foriegn troops to the east, west, north, and south, oh add in Israel and an armada and it seems there are very few pieces left to finish the puzzle.

endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2010 at 1:46pm
Do you remember how it started in Iraq how Terik Asiz was saying that it will be the Mother of all Battles if Iraq was invaded  I understand that Iran is not Iraq but two countries fought a war and nobody was a winner so to me they are equal I don’t understand why Russia is supporting Iran they are bought fighting for the same gas market which is Europe It may not be easy but we can do this we may lose a city or two if the Iranian agents have some nukes hidden somewhere I think the stage is set we may be too late for the conventional war
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 9:27pm
 Terik Asiz was saying that it will be the Mother of all Battles

or how bout Bahgdad Bob
We are bombarding them, we are chasing them, they retreat.

How do you think the War if it happens will go down?
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Mahshadin Mahshadin wrote:

Terik Asiz was saying that it will be the Mother of all Battles

or how bout Bahgdad Bob
We are bombarding them, we are chasing them, they retreat.

How do you think the War if it happens will go down?

Baghdad Bob was PRICELESS!

He was going on about how they were kicking the tar outta our boys, then one of our boys walked onto the camera, took the microphone away from him and said, "Turn it off."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s27Oq5ot0ZI

The problem with Iran is that the country is significantly larger than Iraq is. The good thing is that every other country in the area except maybe Syria, is all for us toppling Iran. Saudi Arabia especially.

My personal feelings on the situation is that we should just leave them to their fate. When Iran gets nuclear weaponry, they'll threaten Saudi with it. Let Saudi deal with it themself.

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 8:21pm
Is Israel Arming in Saudi Arabia?
Written by Benjamin Joffe-Walt
Published Thursday, June 24, 2010

Reports claim Israeli helicopters landed in Saudi Arabia to prep an attack on Iran; But is it true? 

Israeli Air Force aircraft dropped off large quantities of military gear at a Saudi Arabian military base last week in preparation for a potential attack on Iran, a number of Iranian and Israeli news outlets have reported. 

The unconfirmed report, first published by the semi-official Iranian news agency Fars and the Islamic website Islam Times, claimed that on June 18 and 19, Israeli helicopters unloaded military equipment and built a base just over five miles outside the northwestern city of Tabuk, the closest Saudi city to Israel. All civilian flights into and out of the city were said to have been cancelled during the Israeli drop-off, and passengers were reportedly compensated by the Saudi authorities and accommodated in nearby hotels.

The claim follows a report two weeks ago in the London Times Magazine that Saudi Arabia had given Israel permission to fly through a narrow corridor of airspace in northern Saudi Arabia so as to shorten the flight time required for Israeli jets to reach Iran. The Times claimed that Saudi Arabia had adjusted its missile defense systems to ensure that Israeli jets are not shot down while passing through Saudi airspace on the way to an aerial attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities.

Whole Story

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 10:45am
The anatomy of an attack on Iran
By David Moon

In mid-June, Hugh Tomlinson in the Times of London wrote that the government of Saudi Arabia conferred on Israel the "green light" for use of its airspace for an attack on Iran. This revelation was said to be conventional wisdom inside the Saudi military. Tomlinson also quoted an unnamed United States military source stating to the effect that the US Department of State and the Defense Department had both said "grace" over this arrangement.
The Saudis and Israelis immediately denied the report, while US officials made no specific comments on the subject. The silence and denials nixed further media speculation.

First reported in the Times of London in July 2009 and referred to again in Tomlinson's recent article is word of a supposed meeting between Israel's Mossad chief Meir Dagan and unnamed Saudi intelligence leaders to discuss such an arrangement that both governments denied then and now.

Given the apparent regional political status quo, how might the

Israeli Air Force (IAF) strike Iran undetected on approach and at the very least unacknowledged on return if the decision is made in Jerusalem that the existential threat posed by Iran's arc of nuclear progress can no longer safely be tolerated?

Although the coordination of logistics and tactics of such a long distance mission - 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) on the straight line from Tel Aviv to Iran's uranium enrichment facility in Natanz - is daunting, the strategic or political realities must be defined before all else.

Overflight of Iraq on a direct bearing to Iran is out of the question. Such a path would cause friction between the US, responsible for Iraq's aerial sovereignty, and the next Iraqi government sure to be of delicate composition. It's safe to assume that the US views stability in Iraq
far higher on the national interest meter than say apartments in east Jerusalem, thus for Israel the straight line over Iraq comes at a price that it can ill afford to pay.

The likely route to Iran, beginning at regional dusk preferably in the dark a new moon, is to fly a great circle around Iraq. Only careful planning carried out with precision timing and execution will ensure success. For this route, almost every applicable IAF logistics and support asset would be utilized.

The first leg for any F-15I and F-16I fighter bombers is a low-level run up the Mediterranean in the area of the Syrian town of Latakin, where up to three KC-707s (aerial tankers) in race track orbit would top up the tanks of the strike group. This tankage is absolutely necessary for the shorter-legged F-16I (range 1,300 miles). Refueling the F-15I (range 2765 miles) is desirable but not a necessity unless intelligence suggests targets beyond eastern Iran.

To skirt Turkish airspace and the ability of the Turkish military to raise an alarm heard throughout the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the strike group with two pairs of Gulfstream G-550s: one of each outfitted as a network-centric collaborative targeting (NCCT) and one each employing Senior Suter technology must fly low across northern Syria. The G-550 is a small package with the range the speed to accompany the strike group round trip without refueling - therefore up to the challenge.

The NCCT aircraft ferrets out air defense radars. The Suter partner beams a data stream containing, what in computer parlance is called a a "worm", into air defense radars with the capability of incapacitating an entire air defense network, if such a network is under centralized control.

This technology pioneered by the US Air Force and part of the code named the "Big Safari" program is heady stuff said to work wonders over Syria during the IAF's strike on Syria's North Korean-designed nuclear reactor in September 2007. The support of the G-550s will be instrumental every mile of the mission.

Non-networked anti-aircraft
artillery (AAA) in states hostile to Israel may necessitate F-16Is in the tried and true AGM-88 high speed anti-radiation missile (HARM) mission.

Yet another application of high technology was the launch on June 11, 2007, of Ofek-7, as noted by Richard B Gasparre, also a source on G-550s in IAF service at airforce-technology.com, is a "... reconnaissance satellite, which gives Israeli intelligence specialists site and system mapping capability of unprecedented accuracy". Ofek-7 undoubtedly contributed to strike planning for the IAF's mission to Syria.

These powerful tools will be counted on to enable the strike package to skirt either Turkish or Iraqi airspace for a short jump of 150 or so miles to reach Iranian airspace undetected. The distance on a straight line from Latakin to Tabriz in Iran is 618 miles. The flight is shorter if the Israelis avoid Turkey and cut the Kurdish corner.

At a designated point over northern Iran, the strike group splits into Q and E-flights. Q-Flight flies southeast 348 miles to reach the known uranium-enrichment sites in Qom (under construction) and Natanz (operational). E-Flight
homes in on the gas storage development site at Esfahan and the heavy water reactor complex at Arak on a more southerly path of 481 miles.

All the while in Iranian airspace, the G-550 Suter and NCCT aircraft work in tandem and with F-16I aircraft to suppress radars and AAA, while F-15Is designated top cover guard against any air-to-air threat put up by Iran's air force.

The strike package can count on aid in the form of Popeye Turbo cruise missiles launched by at least one Israeli submarine from the Arabian Sea against targets in Iran designed to shield the Israeli planes, degrade enemy responses and sow confusion among the Iranian military.

At some point, one of the three US Air Force RC-135 Rivet Joint ELINT (electronic intelligence) platforms in the area will "see" Iranian air defense radars and hear an explosion of Iranian voices on open airwaves and quickly piece together events in Iran. This collected product will be immediately passed through Central Command to Washington
for dissemination to the principles of the National Security Council, including US President Barack Obama.
Seven hours earlier, at least three IAF KC-707s would have flown the 3,500 miles around the Arabian Peninsula, likely painted up like commercial 707 cargo aircraft, transiting international airspace to a meeting point over the northern Persian Gulf. At this extreme range, each KC-707 carries only an estimated 85,000 lbs of fuel to pass to the hungry F-16Is flying 451 miles from Qom and 350 miles from Esfahan.

Each F-16I will require at least 5,000 lbs of jet fuel for the final leg of nearly 1,000 miles through northern Saudi Arabia then home. Thus, a hinge point in IAF planning; the Israelis must determine the mix of F-16Is and KC-707s committed to the mission.

On and over the Persian Gulf, given the presence of US Navy and Air Force AWACS platforms such as the EC-2 Hawkeye and E-3 Sentry along with SPY-1 radars of US Navy cruisers and destroyers, the Israelis can have no expectation at all that the refueling scrum of the F-16Is will go undetected. During this evolution, any IAF planes too damaged to make it home can ditch close to a US Navy
ship with a reasonable expectation of rescue.

Much will depend on what the US does with the information in hand. Does Obama choose to inform Iraqi and Gulf Cooperation Council allies of the situation, or will various US radars simply go into "diagnostic mode", as if operators cannot believe what they see?

If Obama's decision is to watch and listen, the strike group can try a run for home across northern Saudi Arabia. Here, the Saudis have a decision. The Saudi Air Force can defend the kingdom's airspace, possibly taking loses and handing out same, or the Israelis can bet on G-550s tricking out the kingdom's air defenses in a manner that gives the Saudis an excuse to say they were blinded by the IAF and the non-cooperation of the US.

By flying north, the IAF reaps the benefits of plausible deniability, a political necessity for US and allied Arab states. These states can honestly say they had no prior knowledge of IAF planes winging it to Iran with full racks of missiles and bombs.

Another option is available to the Israelis to increase the IAF's odds of flying the northern leg undetected. This choice is to strike the "Duchy of Nasrallah" - Hezbollah under Hassan Nasrallah in Lebanon - to create cover and sow confusion. If the IAF is to strike Iran, immediate blowback is to be expected from Iran-supported Hezbollah's extensive inventory of unguided missiles.

On June 18, the aircraft carrier USS Harry S Truman and task group including the German frigate Hessen in the company of an unidentified Israeli naval vessel made a fast transit of the Suez Canal. The Egyptians not only closed the canal to all traffic, all fishing boats where docked, while the Egyptian military lined the banks of the canal. All facets of this passage rank as extraordinary.

It is readily apparent that the US Department of State and the Pentagon collaborated closely with an Arab country to create a lane of fast transit not only for US Navy assets and an attached NATO ally, but for an Israeli ship.

One more element, the IDF launched their improved Ofek-9 reconnaissance satellite on June 22. Is this a matter of timing or of coincidence?

Tensions are high in the region, yet little could precipitate a full diplomatic meltdown quicker than for Iran to directly challenge Israel's blockade of Gaza. And this confrontation is in no way limited to Israel and Iran. Such a provocation could easily inflame public opinion in Sunni Arab states, where leaders are weary of Tehran's grandstanding on the question of Israel. Tehran's rhetoric of threats toward Israel politically undermines Arab governments seen as less fervent on the subject.

CNN reported on June 24 on Iran's canceled designs to directly test the Gaza blockade. Hossein Sheikholeslam, secretary general of the International Conference for the Support of the Palestinian Intifada, said, "In order not to give the Zionist regime an excuse, we will send the aid through other routes and without Iran's name."

Sheiholeslam's comment makes little sense, as the point of Iran's aid exercise was to win the propaganda war against Israel and Arab states. Whatever Iran's "excuse", there is reason now to suspect the Tehran regime will back down if decisively confronted by a motivated and unified coalition of area states.

sjf53 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjf53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 8:15pm

Third US carrier, 4,000 Marines augment US armada opposite Iran
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report June 28, 2010, 10:45 PM (GMT+02:00)

Tags:  Iran   Persian Gulf   USS Nassau 

USS Nassau: More US naval-air-marine muscle off Iran

debkafile's military sources report that Washington has posted a third carrier opposite Iran's shores. It is supported by amphibious assault ships and up to 4,000 Navy and Marine Corps personnel, bringing the total US strength in these waters to three carriers and 10,000 combat personnel.

The USS Nassau (LHA-4) Amphibious Ready Group 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, tasked with supporting the Bahrain-based 5th Fleet area of operations, is cruising around the Bab al-Mandeb Straits where the Gulf of Aden flows into the Red Sea. Its presence there accounts for Tehran announcing Sunday, June 27 that its "aid ship for Gaza" had been called off, for fear an American military boarding party would intercept the vessel and search it.  This would be permissible under the latest UN sanctions punishing the Islamic Republic for its nuclear program.

The third US carrier group to reach waters around Iran consists of three vessels:
1. The USS Nassau Amphibious Assault ship is not just an enormous landing craft for the 3,000 Marines aboard; its decks carry 6 vertical take-off AV-HB Harrier attack plans; four AH-1W Super Cobra, twelve CH-46 Sea Knight and CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopters, as well choppers convertible to fast V-22 Osprey airplanes capable of landing in any conditions.
This vast warship has 1,400 cabinets for sleeping the entire Marine-24th Marine Expeditionary Unit aboard.

2.  The amphibious transport dock ship USS Mesa Verde which carries 800 Marines equipped for instantaneous landing.
3.  The amphibious dock landing ship USS Ashland which carries 400 Marines and 102 commandos trained for special operations behind enemy lines.

debkafile adds: The USS Ashland was the target of an al Qaeda Katyusha rocket attack in 2005 when it was docked in Jordan's Aqaba port next door to the Israeli port of Eilat. One of the rockets exploded in Eilat airport. The ship exited harbor in time to escape harm.
These new arrivals are a massive injection of naval, air and marine muscle to the strength Washington has deployed in the Persian Gulf-Red Sea-Indian Ocean arena in recent months. The USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group consisting of twelve warships is cruising in the Arabian Sea opposite Chah Bahar, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards biggest naval base not far from the Iranian-Pakistan border. It is there that most of Iran's special commando units are housed.

Also posted in the Arabian Sea, further to the west, is the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Strike Group.
sparrowminded View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparrowminded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 4:06am
In the recent 2 or 3 weeks, I've been seeing trains and trains and trains passing through Las Vegas, West bound.  Each one is over 100 cars, and every car is loaded with desert camo painted military hardware.
Maybe a lot of this has to do with the Petraeus deal, but the last time I saw this scale of military materiel in motion, it was in preparation for the first invasion of Iraq.
I talk to a whole lot of people in the course of my work.  When I talk with folks who understand the American economy with our current war budget, we agree that America has NOT the resources, personnel or remaining industrial capacity to support another war.  When I talk with senior military people who understand that side of our current status, they wax very grim and contemplative.
I think that the invasion of Iran has been in the making for many years.  In the last several years, I've communicated with people who have told me that the only reason why we did the whole Iraq thing was to establish hardened and permanent bases there.
If we are indeed preparing for this war, there are going to be a long chain of events that come to pass.  For one, Italy is currently the very WORST economy in the EU, with a debt to GDP ratio of 146%.  Their economy is currently dependent on trade with Iran, where they have over 1,000 independent contractors providing everything from trucks to T-shirts.  If war is declared, that all stops.  The Euro falls.
I've spoken with very intelligent people from the AE who warn that Iran is not Iraq.  They have a whole bunch more support from Islam in general, because of their sworn opposition to Israel.  Our Pres. has only today sworn his full support for Israel.  If this war happens, expect to see Radical suicide missions being carried out in America.  Not like that goofball in NY, with his little car bombs.
Well, we shall just see.  I think this is all coming down, and I expect to see very hard times for the entire world as it progresses.
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2010 at 9:42am

Looks like showdowns is about to begin, Israelis are moving large amount of armor and men to the North. Hizballah is preparing to for a military coup in Lebanon. North Koreans are threatening to use Nukes. Iran is saying that the door is closed on any negotiations with US. China is preparing for the energy and oil disruptions also by closing old plants. All this leads us to only one conclusion another war in the Middle East this fall end of September  October.        

http://www.debka.com/

Hizballah's Hassan Nasrallah accused Israel of plotting to murder all of Lebanon's political and military leaders Monday night, Aug. 9. This topped his anticipated bid to pin the 2005 Hariri murder on the Jewish state.  Although his charges were unsupported, they added fuel to the current border tensions, further aggravated by the high-ranking Iranian officials descending on Beirut and Damascus.
DEBKA reports: Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki is due in Damascus Tuesday as Israel launches a big military drill.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/10/business/energy-environment/10yuan.html

HONG KONG — Earlier this summer, Prime Minister Wen Jiabao of China promised to use an “iron hand” to improve his country’s energy efficiency, and a growing number of businesses are now discovering that it feels like a fist.

Enlarge This Image

Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
Reliance on coal has made China the world’s largest emitter of greenhouse gases.

Related
Beyond Fossil Fuels: Portugal Gives Itself a Clean-Energy Makeover (August 10, 2010)
U.N. Chief Recommends Small Steps on Climate (August 10, 2010)

A blog about energy and the environment.

Go to Blog
Enlarge This Image

Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
Workers at a cement factory in eastern China. The government plans to close 762 cement plants in its energy-efficiency drive.
The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology quietly published a list late Sunday of 2,087 steel mills, cement works and other energy-intensive factories required to close by Sept. 30.

Energy analysts described it as a significant step toward the country’s energy-efficiency goals, but not enough by itself to achieve them.

Over the years, provincial and municipal officials have sometimes tried to block Beijing’s attempts to close aging factories in their jurisdictions.

These officials have particularly sought to protect older steel mills and other heavy industrial operations that frequently have thousands of employees and have sometimes provided workers with housing, athletic facilities and other benefits since the 1950s or 1960s.

To prevent such local obstruction this time, the ministry said in a statement on its Web site that the factories on its list would be barred from obtaining bank loans, export credits, business licenses and land. The ministry even warned that their electricity would be shut off, if necessary.

The goal of the factory closings is “to enhance the structure of production, heighten the standard of technical capability and international competitiveness and realize a transformation of industry from being big to being strong,” the ministry said.

The announcement was the latest in a series of Chinese moves to increase energy efficiency. The National Development and Reform Commission, which is the government’s most powerful economic planning agency, announced last Friday that it had forced 22 provinces to halt their practice of providing electricity at discounted prices to energy-hungry industries like aluminum production.

The current Chinese five-year plan calls for using 20 percent less energy this year for each unit of economic output than in 2005. But surging production by heavy industry since last winter has put in question China’s ability to meet the target.

The success or failure of China’s energy-efficiency campaign is being watched closely not just by economists, who cite the campaign as one reason that growth of the Chinese economy has slowed down a little this summer, but also by climate scientists.

China’s energy consumption rose so sharply last winter that it produced the biggest surge ever of greenhouse gases by a single country. Power plants burned more coal to generate enough electricity to meet demand.

As China has become increasingly dependent on imported oil and coal, its national security establishment has become more visibly involved in energy policy and energy security, including efforts to improve energy efficiency.

Efficiency improved 14.4 percent in the first four years of the current plan, only to deteriorate by 3.6 percent in the first quarter of this year, according to official statistics. Mr. Wen responded by convening a special meeting of the cabinet in May to address the situation.

Energy efficiency was only 0.09 percent worse in the first half of this year than in the same period in 2009, according to statistics released last week.

Energy analysts said those statistics indicated improvement in efficiency in the second quarter that nearly offset the deterioration in the first quarter, although the government has not released separate figures for the second quarter.

Zhou Xizhou, an associate director for IHS Cambridge Energy Research Associates in Beijing, said that the ministry’s new list of factory closings was a strong measure to improve efficiency. But he added that China’s goal of achieving a 20 percent improvement by the end of this year compared with 2005 was “still a tall order for the rest of the year.”

The ministry said in its statement that the factories to be closed would include 762 that make cement, 279 that produce paper, 175 that manufacture steel and 84 that process leather.

The factories were chosen after discussions with provincial and municipal officials to identify industrial operations with outdated, inefficient technology, the ministry said.

The ministry did not provide figures for the percentage of capacity to be closed in each industrial sector. The ministry also did not say how many employees would be affected.

Closing factories is more palatable now than in the past because a labor shortage in many cities has made it easier for workers, particularly young ones, to find other jobs.

The list of steel mills to be closed appeared to emphasize smaller, older mills producing fairly low-end grades of steel.

Edward Meng, the chief financial officer of China Gerui Advanced Materials, a steel-processing company in central China’s Henan Province, said that the closing of such mills was consistent with the government’s broader goals of consolidating the steel sector and pushing steel makers into the production of more sophisticated kinds of steel.

The International Energy Agency in Paris announced last month that China surpassed the United States last year as the world’s largest consumer of energy.

China passed the United States as the world’s largest emitter of greenhouse gases in 2006. That milestone came earlier because of China’s heavy reliance on coal, an especially dirty fossil fuel in terms of emission of gases contributing to global climate change.

In addition to the energy-efficiency objective in the current five-year plan, a plan announced by President Hu Jintao late last year called for China to reduce its carbon emissions per unit of economic output by 40 to 45 percent by 2020, compared with 2005 levels. Carbon emissions are a measurement of a country’s man-made emissions of greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide.

Even if China meets its energy-efficiency goal this year and its carbon goal by 2020, its total carbon emissions are still on track to rise steeply in the next decade, according to forecasts by the International Energy Agency.

That is because of factors including rapid growth in the Chinese economy, growing car ownership and rising ownership of household appliances.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2010 at 5:55pm

Israel Has Until Week's End to Strike Iran Nuclear Facility, Bolton Says

Published August 17, 2010

endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2010 at 8:07am

Last U.S. combat brigade leaves Iraq
into Kuwait, Hope back home, and not into another war

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20100819/iraq-combat-us-100819/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic