Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Beam me up Scottie...here come the BORG!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beam me up Scottie...here come the BORG!
    Posted: February 28 2006 at 10:53am

She's gonna blow capt'n...Now would a good time Mr.Scott...Beam me
up...

Just a lighter side..I think I am about ready to be beamed up...

fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 11:27am
Good idea.  They can always pull out the virus in the pattern buffer.  Never understood how the crew of the Enterprise caught so many diseases, when their bodies are destroyed and then reconstituted after beaming.

Welcome to the Dork Side.
I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
Spoon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:03pm
I just hope I'm not one of the no name, red shirt, extras that get's killed in the opening scene LOL
It's not so much the apocalypse... but the credit card bills ;-)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:04pm
"She,s gonna blow captain...Now would a good time
Mr.Scott...Beam me up...

Just a lighter side..I think I am about ready to
be beamed up..."

--------

MAKE IT SO, NUMBER 1 !

THE BORG WON'T GET ME !

fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Spoon Spoon wrote:

I just hope I'm not one of the no name, red shirt, extras that get's killed in the opening scene LOL

Stick with the blue jump suit and you'll be fine.
I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
Spoon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by fafhrd fafhrd wrote:

Great... one more thing to add to my prep list Tongue

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Spoon Spoon wrote:

Originally posted by fafhrd fafhrd wrote:

Great... one more thing to add to my prep list Tongue

And you,ll need the laser gun...

Chuck-91 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck-91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:32pm

For the past two weeks or so I have been reading on this forum and one other on the BF subject. I keep noticing people saying they are getting a bad feeling. I hadnt felt a thing other then perhaps some justified concern. Today after reading about the cat in germany, the declaration of emergency in Russia, and the statement that all of africa was infected I started to get a feeling. KInda like stomach butterflies in combination with fear and apprehension. Been studying BF for months and months havent felt it before on this subject. Have felt it in the past and ignored it sometimes, mostly to my regrets. NOT ignoring it now, dont know about the rest of u but preps just went into high gear. Called my Ira broker told her to liquidate 50% and send me a check. Penalties be damned. Hope I have time to recieve the money and turn it into cash and commodities.  oh and the photon torpedos are on the way, sir.

Those who will not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:35pm

WooHoo welcome chuck..in this post we all need new beam me up scottie suits..care to share..

Hey and no probs on the way you feel..some of us have been yoyo,s for a while..paraniod delissionists...(spelled wrong oh well)...

My preps got to the point my kids whined cause there was really no real food in the house, but now with all thats going on the whining was worth it..and no they did not starve they just had to have no-name brands instead of all the fancy stuff...

Chuck-91 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck-91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:39pm
Beans and Rice from the replicator wont kill them either, just make them stronger.  See the tagline on my posts!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:44pm
Spoon I knew we forgot something a replicator..we are all saved...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:56pm
Just keep the tribbles away...there goes my credibility as an adult.
Chuck-91 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck-91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 1:23pm

Of course u all know The Trouble with Tribbles!

(sounds like BF, popping up everywhere)

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 1:29pm

Poisioned with a virus in the quadroltritacaley (sp) Sick busterds. But I digress...back to grown up land for Kevin..

sweets View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 1:32pm

I wonder what Checkov would say about bird flu?

Now this is pandemic a happnin ladie -Scotty

Bird Flu? -Checkov

Aye -Scotty

It was invented by a little old lady from Leningrad -Checkov

I'm not a ribbering Jidiot!
www.exaltedshrimp.com
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 5:07pm

Beam me up Scottie...here come the BORG! Thanks for the little add on..

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 5:20pm

I'm glad you didn't take any offense, its hard to improve on perfection,
captain's log, Star Date, February, 2006. (With rank, comes it priviledges).
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 5:26pm

Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

I'm glad you didn't take any offense, its hard to improve on perfection,
captain's log, Star Date, February, 2006. (With rank, comes it priviledges).

you ole smoothie will cost you 2 rolls of toilet paper

Spoon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 5:44pm

Sorry to change epics here, but I truly felt a disturbance in the force Sunday night.  Sort of like when Obi-Wan sensed (in the 1st one, actually the 4th one) the planet explosion.

Geez... I'm I geeking out or what? 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:02pm

Spoon I agree... I relate much more to Yoda than to Spock.

I have a life sized original mold repo of Yoda... one of my prized possessions.  And my Champion male 100 lbs lap dog is named: Silvercreek's Chubaca's Simple Truth. We even call him Chewy.  I named him after Chubaca of Star Wars of course.  Was my favorite movie until The Matrix came along.

My itty bitty pom female (3lbs) is named Trinity.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:07pm

My itty bitty pom female (3lbs) is named Trinity.(quote)

teehee i jus got a pom/springer..she is at 6 pounds right now..I love her to death..she is 2 months old...

Spoon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by SophiaZoe SophiaZoe wrote:

I have a life sized original mold repo of Yoda

HMMMMMMMMMMM... jealous I am!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by muskrat muskrat wrote:

Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

I'm glad you didn't take
any offense, its hard to improve on perfection, captain's log, Star Date,
February, 2006. (With rank, comes it priviledges).

you ole smoothie will cost you 2 rolls of toilet paper

"Two rolls of bum wad", that's outrageous! Them's
fight'n words, the Vulcan Death Grip for you! ZZZzzzzz.....

Klaatu Barda Nikto!

cisne View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cisne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:17pm

You gotta wonder how many of we preppers are trekkers!  Maybe it's because we saw so many alien plagues!

Maybe it's because Spock got infected with a bug and started crying in episode 3 (or was it 2?).

In a hundred years, we will all be bald.
fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:25pm
Welcome cisne.
We are the board.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
Spoon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:31pm

Resistance is Flu-tile!

fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:33pm
How did I miss that one?!? <bops himself on the head>
I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:38pm

This is just too priceless!

We are the Board.

Resistance is Flu-tile.

Maybe we should add that to our banner.  Wonder how many would grasp the inference?

Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:49pm

Bird flu is nothing earthlings! Try living with a tube up your a$$!

Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
sweets View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:58pm
I'm not a ribbering Jidiot!
www.exaltedshrimp.com
cisne View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cisne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:55pm

SophiaZoe

Where can I get the T-shirt?

In a hundred years, we will all be bald.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by cisne cisne wrote:

You gotta wonder how many of we preppers are trekkers! 
Maybe it's because we saw so many alien plagues!

Maybe it's because Spock got infected with a bug and started crying in
episode 3 (or was it 2?).

Consider yourself assimilated !

Ella Fitzgerald View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella Fitzgerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Corn Corn wrote:

Bird flu is nothing earthlings! Try living with a tube up your a$$!

I want a t-shirt with this quote...

Hey SZ I'm with you. I prefer Star Wars. Attending the Star Wars weekends this past summer at Walt Disney World. It was GREAT! Have a life size Darth Vadar cutout and lots of collectibles.

Use the force!

Pandemics Happen!
mini-mouse View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:37pm
May the Force be with us in the coming age of great change.
mightymouse View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mightymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:41pm

STAR-DATE:  2MVI-0301

EMERGENCY - Situation Critical to all life forms - Morphing Virus Detected

Galaxy 2C - Cluster 7B - Planet 'Earth'

Mission- Enterprise shall proceed Warp Speed and render all necessary assistance - Repeat - Situation Critical to all life forms

Good Luck!     Stay Safe!

Command CTR

Nothing matters - Therefore everything matters
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:44pm
You guys have got me in tears... just hysterical... 
gypsybeach1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsybeach1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:48pm
spoon, that was
awesome
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Ella Fitzgerald Ella Fitzgerald wrote:

Hey SZ I'm with you. I prefer Star Wars. Attending the Star Wars weekends this past summer at Walt Disney World. It was GREAT! Have a life size Darth Vadar cutout and lots of collectibles.

Use the force!

I'm with you Ella and Sophia.   I  prefer Star Wars.   But I don't have any collectibles.   I'm a Minimalist. 

The force be with you!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 3:42am

Captain Kirk; Scottie were you able to beem the Skwalker over
Scottie: EEY caption,but you gotta see,s his compainion sir, he is tall big furry thing.

Captian, walks into transporter room 3

Captain: Welcome Luke Sky Walker, and furry freind
Chewy: yarnnnn
Captian: My now, how about we get someone to see you about your sore throat.

Captain, contacts Bones.

Captain to Bones, we have a large furry patient for you to see...

lol..no writter her, but thought might as well introduce the 2...

drpepper View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drpepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 7:31am
a halodeck would come in handy for quarantines......"beam me up scotty"

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella Fitzgerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 8:04am

http://www.fx-sabers.com/downloads/SWE3_large.mov

This is a short movie poking fun at Star Wars. It may take a while to load since it is 31 mb but well worth it!

Pandemics Happen!
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella Fitzgerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 8:05am
Pandemics Happen!
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella Fitzgerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 8:19am

Looks like the Borg got Yoda

Pandemics Happen!
AnnE View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 8:29am

Yoda, the Next Generation. Slayer of Bird Flu ! 

Jaz! View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaz! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 2:34pm

Oh now I know whats gonna happen when it reaches us. 

There will be a knock at the door, we will not answer, our friends, family will break down the door. They will come yelling  YOU WERE RIGHT GOD HELP US THE FLU IS HERE!!

They will find us red eyed at our computers, We wil respond, Dont worry spock  is working on a cure, giggling uncontrolably. We will beem up now to help!!  lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic