Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Get Yourself Off Foriegn Oil/Gas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get Yourself Off Foriegn Oil/Gas
    Posted: May 04 2011 at 9:15pm

Anybody Getting Tired Of The Rollercoaster Yet

Volt goes 1,000 miles between fill-ups, says GM

Volt drivers averaged about 1,000 miles per tank of gas in March.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/volt-goes-1-000-miles-between-fill-ups--says-gm.html

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 9:25pm
Volt works great in those nice hot Southern climes.

You'd get a grand total of ten minutes of driving done here in the winter. Batteries don't work for squat when temperatures hit -30 degrees F. Sure you'd get good gas mileage at 37/gallon, but at that there are far better choices for comparable mileage in a normal vehicle..

And I'm not too tired of the oil bouncing. A buddy and I bought the minimum 175 barrels back when oil was $57/barrel. Delivery is coming up so we're going to sell out next month, but we should get at least twice our money.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 6:43am
Although there will be a drop in battery performance in extreme cold it will not be as drastic as you make it out to be TG.

The car has been tested up in Kapuskasing Ontario in extreme cold.

Is it a Perfect World Answer (No)
There is no Perfect World
As we have learned with Gas
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 10:37am
That would be a great idea IF I could afford to buy a new car, lol. We filled up both our gas tanks last night and it was $108.00 and that will last under a week, just going to and from work. Running all errands on the way to and from work. There is no room for an extra car payment right now.
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 12:39pm

I am all in lets get more American cars on the road
Where did you get 1000 miles between charges???

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 1:55pm
Totally agree edman
Made in America by Americans for Americans

It wasnt 1000 miles per charge
 It is an average of 1000 miles per gas tank which on this car holds 9.3 gallons full.

Thats a lot less Foreign Oil/Gas being used. For many people that would be only going for Gas once a month and instead of a 60 to 100 bucks each week it will be about 40 bucks for the whole month. 

Just talking about Gas, which is what everyone has been screaming about for 30 or more years, our increasing reliance on Foreign Oil (Mainly Middle East).
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 10:34am

There are other vehicles coming to market worth mentioning as well.

Ford Focus Electric

This will be an all electric with no gas component like the volt so you could literally take yourself off Foreign Oil/Gas all together (Personal Transportation).

This vehicle will have a range limitation of up to a hundred miles, but will have battery cooling/heating systems for much improved operation in a variety of tempurature ranges. Initial release will be in 19 markets around te country where charging stations are being installed. Can be charged with standard 120volt garage outlet, but will take some time being this car will have a 23 kwh lithium ion battery which is twice the size as the volt electric/gas vehicle above. Best Buy will market and install 240 volt charging station to home owners which will cut the charge time to 3-4 hours.
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 6:58pm
sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 9:45am
YES! American-made green cars.. made by Americans, clean energy for Americans, sold to Americans...   With 300,000,000+ people in America, we can do this!!!!  We can build, sell and buy.  We have our own resources and we need to return to building and buying American!!!!

AMERICA!! Let's take it back!!  Big%20smile
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 8:25am
sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 10:03am
Mahshadin, I read that article just recently about the Saudi Prince who is the SIXTH most richest man in the world worried that the US would find alternative sources for energy if the prices of gasoline went to high.  The rich oil industry's goal is to get the gas at the absolute highest price they can get it, finding the highest price that the people will tolerate (even uncomfortably tolerate).  The Saudi prince obviously doesn't NEED the money. It's all about greed, and we cater to him.  Rather than looking for another source of energy, we have close ties with the Saudi Prince because his money equals power and he is using his money/power to influence big business in the US, and we allow it to continue. 

China had a tiny car they are putting on the market for $600 which is built with all the safet features in mind (for the US) . It gets 258 miles to the gallon, but we'll probably never see that car here... especially not for $600 because our government/large corporate personhoods are far too greedy to offer the american public something it could afford.  They want to put you deeply in debt to them for things such as cars, etc.  Then they want to take the rest of your money, selling you gas, health insurance and health care, etc.  Too bad people are too lazy to stand and/or unintelligent to stand up and demand more.  Some countries are starting to fight back.  America is still too pampered to stand up yet, but as the american rewards start quickly dwindling away as they are doing and we start seeing things get worse as they are, people will finally stand up and demand more, but just how motivated are people?  We have a lot of lazy people in this country who have become far to sedentary and comfortable with their little worlds.  When you live every moment in debt to someone else, you are their slaves.  I've cleared myself of most debt.  What debt I have is very very small.  I live within my means happily because for the past TEN YEARS I've been watching something ugly coming my way.  I'm preparing for it, and I'm also trying to wake people up from their complacent slumbers.  Don't buy the agenda on the right!!!!  It's A LIE!!!!!   :)  Okay Turboguy... your turn!  :)
Be the positive change that you want to see. Live it, be it, push for it.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 12:19pm
Research the Enron Loophole (Derugulation of Comodities from Electricity to Oil/Gas)
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2011 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by sleusha sleusha wrote:

YES! American-made green cars.. made by Americans, clean energy for Americans, sold to Americans...   With 300,000,000+ people in America, we can do this!!!!  We can build, sell and buy.  We have our own resources and we need to return to building and buying American!!!!

AMERICA!! Let's take it back!!  Big%20smile

There's more oil in America than there is in KSA.

We just need to get it out of the ground, and we don't yet have the technology to the the really massive pools under N.Dakota and Colorado.

Our electrical grid is *NOT* ready for even ten percent of drivers to switch over to all electric cars.

And then to make up the difference in money stolen from the people, Zer0's got a brand spanking new idea about how he's going to tax us all by the mile driven. That's not such a big deal for me, I drive an average of ten miles per day, but for truckers who drive huge distances per day, they'll take the brunt of this retarded legislation right on the chin.

Guess who the literal backbone and lifeblood of our economy is? That's right, it's the truckers. Keep screwing them over and eventually they'll decide to just shut it all down. There's a bunch of people hoping for defecation to hit oscillation. Trucks not running for a week would do that nicely.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2011 at 12:52pm
TG
I cant
You cant
We cant

CANT DO IT        CANT DO IT        CANT DO IT        CANT DO IT        CANT DO IT

Is that what America Stands For (Cant Do It)

Desteroy this, cant do that, Destroy That, Cant Do This
Seems to be the only things coming out of the Right these days, I think many have had enough of this CANT DO mentality.

Oil/Gas Addiction is NOT THE ONLY ANSWER

Here are some facts for ya so ya dont get burried in the Bullship.

in 2005 the U.S. Congress established the National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission (Republican Whitehouse, House, and Senate). The Bush administration appoints Robert Atkinson as chair of Congressionally-created National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission. The purpose of the commission is to define alternatives to the failing financial system currently in place (Gas Tax) for US Infrastructure (Roads and Highways) expansion and maintenance.

February of 2008 interim report is issued in which a need for user based tax system verses a gas tax which is falling short of keeping up with infrastructure expansion and maintenance nationwide.

http://financecommission.dot.gov/Documents/Interim%20Report%20-%20The%20Path%20Forward.pdf

January 20th 2009 Obama is sworn in as President.

February 26th 2009 the final report from above NSTIFC is finished and released in to the record, where several user based tax systems are discussed in financing the countries surface infrastructure, including the tax per mile.

http://financecommission.dot.gov/Documents/NSTIF_Commission_Final_Report_Mar09FNL.pdf

May 9: The 2012 DOT budget proposal includes a Surface Transportation Revenue Alternatives Office that would analyze a range of revenue-generation alternatives. The explicitly stated purpose of the office is to research a wide range of possible revenue models. No single method has been endorsed by the Administration or anyone else for that matter.

_______________________________________________________________________________  

So either someone is lying or all of this never happened, and we are actually living in an alternative universe.

Fear Anger and Hatred

Yup thats gonna get us far

Heck, I have a solution, why dont we just bulldoze everything. All the roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, we dont need to pay for that crap (Destroy Everything)

Your on your own, you want a road (Build It) you want to go down the block maybe your neighbor will take a couple of chicckens and let you pass through his road. You wanna go accross the state, better bring a flock of chickens.

Recognizing when your being conned (Worthy Skill)
Recognizing when you have become the con (Priceless)
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2011 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Mahshadin Mahshadin wrote:

TG
I cant
You cant
We cant

CANT DO IT        CANT DO IT        CANT DO IT        CANT DO IT        CANT DO IT

Is that what America Stands For (Cant Do It)

Desteroy this, cant do that, Destroy That, Cant Do This
Seems to be the only things coming out of the Right these days, I think many have had enough of this CANT DO mentality.

Oil/Gas Addiction is NOT THE ONLY ANSWER

Haha, Then what is, Mahshadin?

You find a VIABLE alternative energy source and you'd be a billionaire. The problem is that these alternatives simply do not exist outside the tinfoil arena.

Strangely enough you're poking me because I'm rooted in reality.

Originally posted by mahshadin mahshadin wrote:

Here are some facts for ya so ya dont get burried in the Bullship.

in 2005 the U.S. Congress established the National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission (Republican Whitehouse, House, and Senate). The Bush administration appoints Robert Atkinson as chair of Congressionally-created National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission. The purpose of the commission is to define alternatives to the failing financial system currently in place (Gas Tax) for US Infrastructure (Roads and Highways) expansion and maintenance.

February of 2008 interim report is issued in which a need for user based tax system verses a gas tax which is falling short of keeping up with infrastructure expansion and maintenance nationwide.

http://financecommission.dot.gov/Documents/Interim%20Report%20-%20The%20Path%20Forward.pdf

January 20th 2009 Obama is sworn in as President.

February 26th 2009 the final report from above NSTIFC is finished and released in to the record, where several user based tax systems are discussed in financing the countries surface infrastructure, including the tax per mile.

http://financecommission.dot.gov/Documents/NSTIF_Commission_Final_Report_Mar09FNL.pdf

May 9: The 2012 DOT budget proposal includes a Surface Transportation Revenue Alternatives Office that would analyze a range of revenue-generation alternatives. The explicitly stated purpose of the office is to research a wide range of possible revenue models. No single method has been endorsed by the Administration or anyone else for that matter.

Haha are you actually going to accuse G.W. Bush of being a Conservative and Obama to be a Liberal? Wanna know a secret? Obama is an absolute F***ing clone of Bush.

And Bush wasn't going to get that crap done, and this issue is one of the myriad of reasons the Conservatives all stayed home. Bet they don't sit at home next time around. Should be interesting to see what kind of antics the Liberals will pull when faced with a resounding loss of both the Senate *AND* the Presidency. (I'm assuming the Republicans will push forward a VIABLE candidate, like Herman Cain, etc) Maybe, if we're lucky it'll get violent! Boy, that should be fun.

Heck, I have a solution, why dont we just bulldoze everything. All the roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, we dont need to pay for that crap (Destroy Everything)

Hyperbole, Strawman.

Your on your own, you want a road (Build It) you want to go down the block maybe you neighbor will take a couple of chicckens and let you pass through his road. You wanna go accross the state, better bring a flock of chickens.

Recognizing when your being conned (Worthy Skill)
Recognizing when you have become the con (Priceless)

Hey, based on the loose fiscal policy of G.W. Bush and to a MASSIVE extent Zer0, we'll be paying for groceries with labor, live chickens and taters. QEII just ran out and we can already see that the Piper's toll is coming due. Are we going to be adults and take the crash off the four foot drop now, or run the presses at warp speed so we can fall off the cliff a year from now?

Recognizing when you should take a little pain now instead of slamming into the brick wall at 70MPH tomorrow: Priceless. Wink

Personally I'm pulling for a President/VP of Charlie Sheen/Lindsay Lohan!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic