Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Our Greatest Enemy is Iran.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 10:18pm
My late husband who made the mistake of buying a Jeep that gets 15 miles to the gallon did errands in a loop so not to waste gas. Now my son is driving that car and learning what the cost of gas is!

I am really considering a tri bike. The good ones are so expensive.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2012 at 8:57pm
After 2 days UN IAEA Inspector team calls it quits and leaves Iran after refusal to grant access to Nuclear Sites.

Tuesday Irans Mohammad Hejazi, the deputy armed forces head, said Tuesday, “Our strategy now is that if we feel our enemies want to endanger Iran’s national interests, and want to decide to do that, we will act without waiting for their actions.”     

Iran sails War ships in to the Medditerranean and parks in Syria. US responds by sending War ships off the coast of Spain

USS Abraham Lincoln has finished its Persan Gulf mission and passes through the Straights of Hormuz close to Iran without incident.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 2:55am
Oh boy looks like it's all about ready to "kick off"...It's not going to be pretty I'm afraid.
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 12:04pm
Vladinir Putin of Russia now attempting to regain leadership of Russia who is the main backer of Iran and Syria besides China is now promising a new Russia by bringing back the Military Prominence and spending to Cold War Levels. Promising 400 new intercontinental ballistic missiles, 2,300 late-generation tanks, 600 modern combat aircraft � including at least 100 military-purpose space planes � eight nuclear ballistic missile submarines, 50 surface warships as well as a whole new inventory of artillery, air defense systems, and about 17,000 new military vehicles.

Story
Fearing The West, Putin Pledges Biggest Military Buildup Since Cold War

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 9:50am
US Bolsters Defenses in Strait of Hormuz
Saturday, 25 Feb 2012 12:22 PM   AFP

The Pentagon has notified US lawmakers of plans to bolster US defenses in and around the Strait of Hormuz to be prepared for a military response against Iran, a report said Friday.

New mine-detection and clearing equipment as well as improved surveillance capabilities are part of the planned build-up, said the Wall Street Journal, citing defense officials briefed on the requests.

The Pentagon also wants to modify ship weapons systems to best deal with Iranian attack boats in the Strait, said the report.

The moves highlight efforts to boost US military capabilities amid heightened tension with Iran and rising speculation of a strike from Israel over Iran's nuclear program.

Read more on Newsmax.com: US Bolsters Defenses in Strait of Hormuz
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Mahshadin Mahshadin wrote:

US Bolsters Defenses in Strait of Hormuz
Saturday, 25 Feb 2012 12:22 PM   AFP

The Pentagon has notified US lawmakers of plans to bolster US defenses in and around the Strait of Hormuz to be prepared for a military response against Iran, a report said Friday.

New mine-detection and clearing equipment as well as improved surveillance capabilities are part of the planned build-up, said the Wall Street Journal, citing defense officials briefed on the requests.

The Pentagon also wants to modify ship weapons systems to best deal with Iranian attack boats in the Strait, said the report.

The moves highlight efforts to boost US military capabilities amid heightened tension with Iran and rising speculation of a strike from Israel over Iran's nuclear program.

Read more on Newsmax.com: US Bolsters Defenses in Strait of Hormuz

All bullscheiss aside...

I can't say much considering I am where I am.

What I can say is that things are getting really interesting in this neck of the woods right now and think that things might get far more interesting before I'm outta here.

If Israel's going to do it, they'd better wait until I leave.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 3:00pm
Russian premier vows to ward off attack on Iran

Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin
Fri Mar 2, 2012 6:44AM

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has warned of the dire consequences of a military conflict with the Islamic Republic, saying Moscow will do its utmost to avert a war on Iran.

"We will do everything possible to prevent a military conflict either in Iran or around it,"

Whole Story

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 3:56am

Russian premier vows to ward off attack on Iran

Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin
Fri Mar 2, 2012 6:44AM

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has warned of the dire consequences of a military conflict with the Islamic Republic, saying Moscow will do its utmost to avert a war on Iran.

"We will do everything possible to prevent a military conflict either in Iran or around it,"

Whole Story

Moscow doesn't want to get itself into a conflict with the United States. *THAT* is little more than saber rattling. Putin is trying to garner political support by focusing his electorate's view on outside forces rather than on the myriad of his personal corruption and failures at home.

They'd get their asses handed to them spectacularly in any conflict with the U.S. Military unless it went Nuclear and then everyone loses.

I suppose that our current political leadership and those running against him on the Republican side don't exactly inspire confidence in me, so we may very well back down over this. But realistically, we can pretty much do whatever we want with impunity and Putin will bluster but not get directly involved.

Putin does not want a hot war, he wants another cold war so he can bring back his KGB.

I hope it doesn't come to actual shooting vs. Russians, but to defeat the United States you don't need to fire a shot. Just run up the price of oil, which they're doing nicely supplying Iran with nuclear material. The Iranians are just stupid enough to let a bit of the Ol' Canned Sunshine loose. Then...

...Everyone comes to Mother Russia for the Oil.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

Moscow doesn't want to get itself into a conflict with the United States. *THAT* is little more than saber rattling. Putin is trying to garner political support by focusing his electorate's view on outside forces rather than on the myriad of his personal corruption and failures at home.

Putin doesn't need political support, he already has it and will win the election easily. Putin however is not a friend, quite the opposite and still holds many of the values and objectives of the soviet era. As far as a direct conflict I agree, this will not happen and is little more than a poker bluff. He has however as has Russia been very successful in using others to push forward their hidden agenda (China, Iran, Syria).

They'd get their asses handed to them spectacularly in any conflict with the U.S. Military unless it went Nuclear and then everyone loses.

I think it is more understanding the goals of the opposition. I don't think anyone in there right mind be it Russia, Iran, China, or anyone else is delusional to the point of believing they could be victorious against the US Military more importantly our ability to project overwhelming force around the World via our Naval Superiority. I don’t believe the goal would be victory at all, that would be suicide, but rather to show weakness which in itself would change the balance of power going forward. Having all of this go down in an area that is without a doubt a difficult naval theatre is no accident. The Persian golf and more specifically the Straights of hormuz which has areas where it is less that 30 miles of workable seas to conduct operations automatically limits the options greatly and also adds to the vulnerability of the naval forces involved. Our military and more specifically our navy knows this is problematic at best. Add to the mix supersonic anti-ship missile systems like the Russian 3M-54E where a naval ship would have mere seconds to react before being struck. A missile traveling at almost 3 times the speed of sound with a zigzag approach to target with only seconds to shoot it down. Could we defeat one of these probably, could we defeat 10 of these fired at a single target hmm the answer becomes questionable. A sinking or even a hit or 2 would be viewed as a glorious victory on their part no matter what else happed or the outcome of the overall conflict. Just ask Israel who had an advanced Naval vessel struck by an advanced missile fired by Hezbollah/Lebanon/Syria/Iran/China/Russia, and that was just a subsonic variety in their most recent conflict. Has Russia or China already sold these missiles to Iran or given them the technology to build their own, I think that's anybody's guess. I also think anything is possible from a man who views the US about the same as Iran views Israel.

Putin's words talking about the US

"They are living like parasites off the global economy and their monopoly of the dollar,"

Most people would have guessed that came out of the mouth of the Iranian leader not the Russian.

I suppose that our current political leadership and those running against him on the Republican side don't exactly inspire confidence in me, so we may very well back down over this. But realistically, we can pretty much do whatever we want with impunity and Putin will bluster but not get directly involved.

He is already directly involved as is China. In my view both countries are responsible for arming the radical factions not just inn the middle east but elsewhere. The illusion is that they are buddies working together in the global economy (NOT). We have become to comfortable with foes who would like nothing more than to see us go down, whether that's just a huge black eye vs defeat does not matter. We are somewhat at a disadvantage as we are seen around the globe as un-touchable militarily (Especially Naval). In their view you don't have to win the war you just have to win a few battles to change the perception of (David VS Goliath) and ultimately a shift in power. This is already underway after Iraq and Afghanistan where are multi million and multi billion dollar weapon systems had little effect against an insurgent force armed with less than a thousand dollar weapon. Again their intent was never to win the war it was simply to win some battles and drag things out longer and longer until financially the goliath simply can not afford to go on. Funny that's kind of what we did to Russia many years ago, you think we would have learned that lesson since we drew up the plan in the first place. In the case of Iraq though I believe it was simply a matter of reality, we had to have that oil and we simply could not just wait it out any longer without risking future problems with oil supplies. Iraq was to become our next Saudi Arabia producing somewhere between 5 and 10 million barrels of crude a day. All the other stuff was simply BS.

Iran on the other hand has a lot of oil and could easily be upgraded for increased production but most of that oil goes east not west with the exception of a few European countries. Maybe the projections for Iraq are not really panning out and Iran is simply the next logical step. If so this would cause a large rift between west and east and ultimately something one or more countries may decide to fight over (Who Knows). I sure hope they were right about Iraq because if they are not we will be forced to use force somewhere else (Its Just Basic Math). I have seen a few new oil finds in Iraq but nothing that significant to bring them to Saudi status as far as production goes. See link below

Putin does not want a hot war, he wants another cold war so he can bring back his KGB.

I hope it doesn't come to actual shooting vs. Russians, but to defeat the United States you don't need to fire a shot. Just run up the price of oil, which they're doing nicely supplying Iran with nuclear material. The Iranians are just stupid enough to let a bit of the Ol' Canned Sunshine loose. Then...

...Everyone comes to Mother Russia for the Oil.

Oil Oil Oil

Boy it seems recently it all comes down to oil. I completely agree with you and I would even take it a bit further. Russia wins either way this goes down as they will likely only be indirectly involved militarily (Supplier).

I found this to be an interesting read (2011 Energy Outlook) by the International Energy Agency which has projections out to 2035. Scroll down to the page (Rising transport demand & upstream costs reconfirm the end of cheap oil). Notice who is slotted to have the largest increases in production (Iraq by 5 million barrels a day). Also notice who is not on there (Iran)  ?????.

http://www.iea.org/weo/docs/weo2011/key_graphs.pdf   (The whole thin is pretty good read if you have the time)

Anyway you slice it, Iran will have to be dealt with in some way or means, and their recent moves to trade oil away from the Dollar standard may force our hand along with pressure from our allies, mainly Israel. Israel Delegation meets tomorrow at the white house. Would like to be a fly on the wall for that one.

I should stop rambling now, stay safe TG and watch your back!!!

Oh  and dont forget to go down to you local China Mart and buy some more stuff so we can keep financing our own demise!!!
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 3:33pm
China today announced an 11% increase in Military Spending for 2012, this after a 12.7 % increase in 2011 and double digit increases for nearly 2 decades!

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2012 at 2:44am

Good read on the situation over here Mahshadin! I couldn't agree more.

Those 3m-54E's I am assuming they've got aren't going to be on the coast, they'll be farther inland. Granted they're *FAST* but they've got a relatively short range, and their other shortcoming is that they'd be seen getting launched and jammed or shot down. They'd have to do it covertly. If they launched ten at the same time, there's enough ECM in the area that it'd make any radar guidance system moot. They'd have ten really expensive dumfires. The zigzag approach only really works on craft without any jamming systems.

Also if ten of them simultaneously turned on their radars, it'd be like turning on ten spotlights at you in a dark room. You can see where they all are. If they even locked onto our ships, they could expect a SLBM headed their way, even now, so they'd have to turn it on, lock, and fire then get out and run fast enough to escape the effects of our warheads, and they're only going to get one shot.

I suppose Iran's only real hope of directly striking a US naval asset would be to air launch either a Sunburn of Sizzler and hope for the best. It wouldn't be any sustained kind of thing either. From that point on nothing, and I mean *NOTHING* would fly within 500 NM of that carrier group without the group's express written permission. The pilot of that aircraft is pretty much toast. And then they're only going to really get one shot off and they can count on getting their regime changed pretty much the very next day through 2000 pounds of pure hate and discontent, have the U.S. Marines and Army crossing their borders and anyone else that got in the way would get some too.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2012 at 9:33pm
Saudi flexes Gulf grip with Bahrain 'union' plans

By BRIAN MURPHY, Associated Press

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) � During a sermon last week at Bahrain's Grand Mosque, the pro-government prayer leader offered sweeping praise for one of the Arab Spring's counter-revolutions: Gulf rulers bonding together against dissent with powerful Saudi Arabia as their main guardian.

The widening Saudi security stamp on the region is already taking shape in Bahrain, where more than a year of Shiite-led unrest shows no sign of easing and the Saudi influence over the embattled Sunni monarchy is on public display.

Portraits of the Saudi King Abdullah � some showing him praying � dot the airport in Bahrain's capital Manama. Bahrain's red-and-white flag and the green Saudi colors are arranged with crossed staffs. State media continually lauds the Saudi-led military force that rolled into Bahrain last year as reinforcements against the uprising by the kingdom's Shiite majority.

"Gulf union is a long-awaited dream," said Sheik Fareed al-Meftah at Friday prayers in Manama's main Sunni mosque, referring to proposals to coordinate defense affairs and other policies among the six members of the Gulf Cooperation Council stretching from Kuwait to Oman.

"The first step is here," al-Meftah added.

Abdullah and Bahrain's king, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, have met to discuss "union" plans, which are expected to be outlined in May. For the moment, few details have emerged. Gulf leaders have stressed the need for greater intelligence and military cooperation. It's unclear, however, how deeply Bahrain and Saudi Arabia will attempt to merge in the first steps.

The increasingly blurred national lines in Bahrain are a possible sneak preview of the wider Arab Spring backlash in the oil-rich Gulf, where Saudi power seeks to safeguard the region's Sunni leadership and its strong opposition to possible attempts by Shiite giant Iran to expand influence. Meanwhile, Gulf rulers have selectively endorsed rebellions elsewhere, such as in Libya and Syria.

So far, the Gulf agenda has dovetailed with Western partners, which unleashed NATO-led airstrikes against Moammar Gadhafi's regime in Libya and are showing increasing support for possible aid to the rebels trying to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad � Iran's key Arab ally.

But Bahrain brings the potential for friction.

Washington has stood behind Bahrain's dynasty for strategic reasons as hosts of the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet, which is a pillar of the Pentagon's frontline forces against Iran. Yet rights groups and others have increased pressure in the U.S. and Europe to scale back support for Bahrain's rulers, who are struggling against a Shiite majority claiming it faces widespread discrimination and second-class status.

There are no signs of any significant Western reduction in support for Bahrain's dynasty, but the quandaries highlight how the tiny island kingdom has the potential to open rifts between the West and crucial ally Saudi Arabia.

"Bahrain can be looked at as something of a Saudi colony now in the sense that policies are merged," said Toby Jones, an expert on Bahraini affairs at Rutgers University. "But this is more than just a meeting of minds. It's motivated by the fears of the Arab Spring."

While there have been some rumblings of opposition � including protests in Shiite pockets in Saudi Arabia � nothing in the Gulf region has come close to Bahrain's upheaval. More than 45 people have died in the unrest, which includes near daily street clashes that include tear gas from security forces and firebombs from demonstrators. Some rights groups place the death toll above 60.

There have been no confirmed reports of Saudi soldiers directly involved in the crackdowns. But the troops in Bahrain have protected key sites, such as power plants, to free up local police. The military intervention also send a broad message that Saudi considers Bahrain a line that can't be crossed.

Gulf Arab leaders repeatedly claim that Iran is pulling the strings behind Bahrain's Shiite protests, although no clear evidence has been produced to support the allegations. The Gulf bloc fears the fall of Bahrain's 200-year-old Sunni dynasty would give Iran a beachhead in their midst.

Last month, Saudi's King Abdullah claimed "unnamed hands" were behind the upheavals in Bahrain and other unrest against Sunni leaders in the Arab world. Abdullah did not specifically cite Iran, but similar terms have been used by Saudi officials and others in the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council, which includes Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates.

The Saudi defense minister, in an interview published Sunday in the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Seyassah, called the regional security force, known as the Peninsula Shield, the " nucleus" of protection against any threats to the Gulf states.

"Iran is our neighbor, but we draw a line when it comes to intervention in our internal affairs," Prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz was quoted as saying. "Whenever we feel that anybody is interfering in our internal affairs, through internal mercenaries or people from outside, we will resist it appropriately."

A Bahrain-based economic researcher, Jassim Hussain, said a Gulf union could involve more unified economic help from the super-rich Saudi Arabia to prop up Bahrain, whose role as a regional financial hub has taken a sharp blow from the unrest. In a rare boost for Bahrain's economy in the past year, Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed bin Talal selected Manama in December as the base for a 24-hour news channel, Alarab.

"Bahrain's rulers have always been dependent on the generosity of Saudi Arabia," said Simon Henderson, a Gulf analyst at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. "It's all part of the larger story � the rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran for regional power."

Shiite groups in Bahrain, however, were wary that the planned union would leave Saudi Arabia the de facto ruler and further tighten crackdowns on the opposition.

"We welcome the idea of closer Gulf union if the people of nations approve it," said Sheik Ali Salman, head the largest Shiite political group, Al Wefaq. "But if the purpose is just to turn Bahrain into an emirate of Saudi Arabia, then it will not be accepted and it will be disastrous."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hQZEcbqgDLJOgYx5OC2d8t4S9MdA?docId=d76572a18d284cf2aabbc9090a73cf32

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 11:02pm
Iranian backed Shiite Clericks put close to 100,000 people on the streets prostesting the Sunni Government in Bahrain (Home To US Navy's 5th Fleet---Persian Gulf)

Never a dull moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2012 at 9:45pm
USS Enterprise Sets off for the Middle East

Final Voyage for the Worlds First Nuclear Aircraft Carrier which has been in service for 50+ years.

Image%20Detail

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 10:45am
I've been on the USS Enterprise before, it is an awesome ship!
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2012 at 4:23pm
The Navy Is Sending Everything It Needs For A War With Iran To The Strait Of Hormuz
USS%20Warrior

US Navy

Mine countermeasure ship: USS Warrior

The global signs of a coming military conflict with Iran continue to build, and today the U.S. Navy made clear its intentions by announcing it's sending four additional mine countermeasure ships to the Strait of Hormuz.

Stars and Stripes reports the Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Jonathan Greenert told the Senate Armed Services Committee that he's sending the mine ships in addition to four airborne mine countermeasure helicopters.

Iran has already warned that one of its first steps in closing the Strait of Hormuz, and choking off 40 percent of the world's oil supply, will be to mine the strait and deploy its fleet of small electronic submarines.

Greenert was recently aboard the USS John C. Stennis when it was tailed through the strait by the Iranians and came away from that ride thinking "[W]e could do better setting the theater. I wanted to be sure ... that we are ready..."

To get "ready" Greenert is also bringing upgrades to mine neutralization vehicles, submarine torpedoes, optics, and weapons to counter the swarm maneuvers employed by the Iranian navy.

This move will double the number of minesweepers in the Persian Gulf, but Greenert declined to call the deployments a surge, as when forces are built up for a planned operation, instead telling reporters: "I'm not going to define it as a surge. You called it a deployment, how's that"

The four ships, the Sentry, Devastator, Pioneer, and Warrior will join the Navy's Fifth Fleet in Bahrain from San Diego. Their departure date has not yet been announced, as part of operational security.

They will likely be transported by the Navy's heavy-lift ships which travel at about 16 mph.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-navy-is-getting-its-forces-ready-for-iran-in-the-strait-of-hormuz-2012-3
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 2:08pm

Former Minister: Iran to Close Strait of Hormoz if Threatened

TEHRAN (FNA)- Former Iranian intelligence minister Ali Fallahian underlined the strategic significance of the Strait of Hormoz for Iran's defensive power, and repeated the country's earlier warnings that it would cut off the world oil lifeline if it is threatened militarily.

Fallahian warned Western countries not to underestimate Iran's ability to close the strategic Strait of Hormuz in reaction to the West's escalating pressures.

Reacting to reports about the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) decision to discontinue offering service to the Iranian banks, Fallahian said on Saturday that closing SWIFT to Iran is "like closing international waterways".

"If the United States or Europe considers it its right to ignore international laws to meet its own interests, Iran may also decide to respond in kind wherever possible," he added.

Israel and its close ally the United States have recently intensified their war rhetoric against Iran. The two arch foes of the Islamic Republic accuse Iran of seeking a nuclear weapon, while they have never presented any corroborative document to substantiate their allegations. Both Washington and Tel Aviv possess advanced weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear warheads.

Iran vehemently denies the charges, insisting that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only. Tehran stresses that the country has always pursued a civilian path to provide power to the growing number of Iranian population, whose fossil fuel would eventually run dry.

Iran has, in return, warned that it would target Israel and its worldwide interests in case it comes under attack by the Tel Aviv.

The United States has long stressed that military action is a main option for the White House to deter Iran's progress in the field of nuclear technology.

Iran has warned that in case of an attack by either the US or Israel, it will target 32 American bases in the Middle East and close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

An estimated 40 percent of the world's oil supply passes through the waterway.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 11:27am
TipKat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TipKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 2:26pm

US Military (Pentagon) war game scenario (Israel Air Strike) is leaked.

Hi Mahshadin, I read this one yesterday...thank you for posting it.  Pretty sobering info indeed.  To think that more American military lives would be lost in this type of engagement is sad.  thanks again for posting. Tip
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2012 at 8:41am
"Netanyahu has Decided to Attack Iran Before the U.S. Elections in November"

By Michael Carmichael June 25, 2012 Global Research

Senior Israeli officials now confirm that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has, "decided to attack Iran before the U.S. elections in November."

Netanyahu's agenda is much broader than knocking out Iranian nuclear installations for his aim is to reshape the political landscape in the USA and Israel shifting everything to the far, far right in order to create a new comfort zone for religious fundamentalists.

Netanyahu's major backer, Sheldon Adelson, is now firmly behind Mitt Romney, and they are known to believe that an Israeli attack on Iran in September or October will displace Obama and many dovish Democrats in Congress and establish a hawkish regime in Washington.

Israel has agreed to restrain any attack on Iran until after the current round of five talks between Iran and the P5+1 that will come to an end in either late July or August:

"U.S., Israel continue preparations for strike on Iran nuclear facilities.

The website cites U.S. defense contracts and Israel's new military preparations, suggesting that 'all sides are getting ready for whatever may come.'

Israel and the U.S. are pushing forward with preparations to jointly strike Iran's nuclear facilities, the U.S. blog Business Insider reported on Saturday.

"U.S. defense contracts, an Iranian F-16 acquisition, and Israel's new military preparations suggest that all sides are getting ready for whatever may come," the report says.

According to the blog, the U.S navy has recently signed a $338 million contract with defense contractor Raytheon to "provide the Navy with 361 Tomahawk cruise missiles in their most recent configuration. According to the website, the U.S. is either renewing its stock of missiles or planning ahead.

"On May 9," the report added, "the U.S. House of Representatives passed the United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012, which seeks to "reaffirm the commitment to Israel's security as a Jewish state; provide Israel with the military capabilities to defend itself by itself against any threats... [and] expand military and civilian cooperation."

A senior Israeli official recently told Reuters that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has decided to attack Iran before the U.S. elections in November." (Haretz, June 23, 2012, emphasis added)

Military experts have long agreed that the "sweet spot" for an Israeli attack on Iran will be this coming September or October precisely because of the timing of the US presidential election cycle.

For maximum political impact and minimal diplomatic responsiveness, the time of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC - September 3-6 comes within this window of opportunity as well as the days immediately prior to the US election - say from Halloween till the 6th of November.

It may be instructive to recall that Israel's Operation Cast Lead was timed to coincide with the transition between Obama and Bush and ended abruptly immediately before the Inauguration in January 2009.

Presidential election cycles have played major roles in the design of military timetables. For only one example, recall the Tet Offensive in early 1968 that drove LBJ out of the race for the White House.

Last Updated on Monday, 25 June 2012 21:29

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic