Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Collapse imminent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Collapse imminent
    Posted: November 25 2012 at 6:41pm
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2012 at 6:37pm
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2012 at 2:26pm
Be careful what you believe Suzi

these are very SLICK Snake Oil Salesmen nothing more.

there game doesnt work unless the Sky is falling so thats their pitch and they are very good at it.

Read between the lines and you will usually find a sales pitch (Buy Gold Buy Silver)

Dont Get Conned!!!
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2012 at 9:22pm
Suzi,

Read everything you can on the subject of collapse and use your own brain.  The information is out there.  If you buy homeowner's or car insurance, then it would be wise to have "collapse insurance".  It is better to have and not need than to need and not have. 

There are two things that put us a great risk.  The vast amount of derivatives & the government debt.

According to data I found on line.
  • Bank of America has derivative exposure of $53 trillion with customer assets of $1.5 trillion. They are leveraged 35 times.
  • Goldman Sachs has derivative exposure of $48 trillion with assets fo $89 billion.They are leveraged 545 times.
  • JP Morgan has derivative exposure of $78 trillion with assets of $1.8 trillion.They are leveraged 43 times.
  • Citibank has derivative exposure of $56 trillion with customer assets of $1.2 trillion.  They are leveraged 47 times.

The average American bank loans out approx. $10  or $11 for every $1 dollar in customer savings.  When the dominoes start to fall and we have a collapse it won't matter if you have $100 or $500,000 in the bank.  You will lose it all just like my grandparents did during the great depression.

Secondly, our national debt is growing at an exponential level and is unsustainable.  It doesn't matter who is president all they can possibly do is to kick the can down the road a bit further.  Eventually, all of this will come to a head.  John Williams of Shadow Stats predicts that hyperinflation will hit in the next few years.  It is better to have extra food on hand and also buy items that you know you'll need in the future such as clothing.  Sit down and make a list of the items you could use in the coming years and buy them now.  The last great depression lasted about 10 years and that is what I've used for my list.  If you don't have a job and your house is paid for then you'll need cash in order to make the tax payments on it.  If your house isn't paid for, then you better do everything in your power to keep your job.  Otherwise, you're screwed.

No one can predict when the collapse is coming, but only that it is.  Having your insurance should be a way of life for everyone right now.

By the way, there are always people trying to profit from peddling the economic collapse & they truly are snake oil salesmen, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.  There are also lots of people who don't have agendas in ringing the bell about collapse.  Ann Barnhardt is one of those people.  She has an 8 part video here that you might want to listen to.

Don't bother trying to argue with me.  I don't care what you have to say on this subject.   You can try to put me down in order to discredit me, but it won't work.  So save your breath on this one and go bother someone else.  I'll not reply to you.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2012 at 4:51am
Elver

I agree with you, especially on the Bank Derivatives---over leveraging of our financial Banking system & the Debt problems we are facing.

My comment was based up on people who feed on the fears of others, just like we do not allow posts for products to be sold on this board (For Good Reason). There are always those who will try to feed off the fears of others. 

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2012 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Elver Elver wrote:

Suzi,

Read everything you can on the subject of collapse and use your own brain.  The information is out there.  If you buy homeowner's or car insurance, then it would be wise to have "collapse insurance".  It is better to have and not need than to need and not have. 

There are two things that put us a great risk.  The vast amount of derivatives & the government debt.

According to data I found on line.
  • Bank of America has derivative exposure of $53 trillion with customer assets of $1.5 trillion. They are leveraged 35 times.
  • Goldman Sachs has derivative exposure of $48 trillion with assets fo $89 billion.They are leveraged 545 times.
  • JP Morgan has derivative exposure of $78 trillion with assets of $1.8 trillion.They are leveraged 43 times.
  • Citibank has derivative exposure of $56 trillion with customer assets of $1.2 trillion.  They are leveraged 47 times.

The average American bank loans out approx. $10  or $11 for every $1 dollar in customer savings.  When the dominoes start to fall and we have a collapse it won't matter if you have $100 or $500,000 in the bank.  You will lose it all just like my grandparents did during the great depression.

Secondly, our national debt is growing at an exponential level and is unsustainable.  It doesn't matter who is president all they can possibly do is to kick the can down the road a bit further.  Eventually, all of this will come to a head.  John Williams of Shadow Stats predicts that hyperinflation will hit in the next few years.  It is better to have extra food on hand and also buy items that you know you'll need in the future such as clothing.  Sit down and make a list of the items you could use in the coming years and buy them now.  The last great depression lasted about 10 years and that is what I've used for my list.  If you don't have a job and your house is paid for then you'll need cash in order to make the tax payments on it.  If your house isn't paid for, then you better do everything in your power to keep your job.  Otherwise, you're screwed.

No one can predict when the collapse is coming, but only that it is.  Having your insurance should be a way of life for everyone right now.

By the way, there are always people trying to profit from peddling the economic collapse & they truly are snake oil salesmen, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.  There are also lots of people who don't have agendas in ringing the bell about collapse.  Ann Barnhardt is one of those people.  She has an 8 part video here that you might want to listen to.

Don't bother trying to argue with me.  I don't care what you have to say on this subject.   You can try to put me down in order to discredit me, but it won't work.  So save your breath on this one and go bother someone else.  I'll not reply to you.

Good post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the last part was... meh, but your take on the banking situation... you should come out with a newsletter. Symphony I say.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm just not a big fan of owning large quantities of gold other than for investment purposes. (Physical gold only, owning paper gold should be used to invest in Artimage Shanks!)

In the event of collapse or hyperinflation you're not going to be able to find a good place to sell your gold, if it hasn't already been outlawed for us lowly commoners to own gold.

I like usable assets. I.E. Food, tools, etc that will hold value no matter how poorly the economy might be doing.

And the greatest investment you could ever make: In Yourself!!! Are you not in good shape? Get in shape. When the Zombie apocalypse kicked off it was the fatties that were the first to go. (Zombieland, great movie.) It's true that if you're in good shape your chances of surviving go up exponentially.

Secondly invest in a skill. While I was a police officer I got Paramedic certified and haven't let it lapse. It's an important skill that I can use. I'm also good with electronics and can not only fix complex electronic equipment, but can work as an electrician.  (My backup generator is my special baby)

Investing in yourself is great because it is something that can never be taken from you. House burns down? You don't have to abandon your skill like you did your stuff.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 10:41am
I agree with much of this! The post about banks...absolutely fantastic info! As for gold, like turbo said, where will you sell it? If you have already completely stocked up on the essentials (beans, band aids, and bullets, etc) then precious metals are not a bad idea, but rather than gold, I would suggest silver dimes and quarters. The smaller denominations will be easier to trade. If you are hungry enough, a gold coin for a piece of bread may not be a bad trade...but I would rather have smaller things of value to make my resources last.
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 4:48pm
nickels
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Suzi16 Suzi16 wrote:

nickels

Why?

I don't think they're Nickel anymore.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 11:53pm
Went to the Tanner Gun Show in Denver Sat. Lots of AR15's going out the door and ammo like crazy being sold. The gun approval people said 4K guns a day were being sold.

LOL, I know a gal that works at LockeedMartin and she was shocked at all the co-workers that were at the gun show. Lock and Load folks we are in for interesting times.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 12:57am
I worry about everyone buying guns.  I'm not anti-gun, but I know that some people use them responsibly and other people don't know how to use them at all.  Many of these new gun buyer's are undoubtedly new shooters.  What kind of training will they receive, if any? 

My biggest worry with this increased gun buying is that many of these people would use their guns to take what you have.  I don't assume that they are all going to be law abiding citizens.

It just goes to show you that tons of people are worried about what's coming.  Everybody seems to feel it on some level.

We know some people who work at Lockheed and I've never known anyone to be more paranoid than they.  Perhaps they have good reason.

quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

Originally posted by Suzi16 Suzi16 wrote:

nickels

Why?

I don't think they're Nickel anymore.
They are about to change the metal composition of nickels just like they did with silver dimes and quarters. They are currently worth more for their metal than face value. There are some great articles about this issue over at survivalblog. search their site for nickels...Rawles lays it out better than I ever could.
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 8:39am
This is a very educational video that illuminates the reason why we're making more worthless US Dollars per hour than ever before, but are too broke to be able to afford a 1970's or 80's lifestyle.

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/end-of-the-road-how-money-becomes-worthless/31530/
Opium is the opiate of the masses
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 4:33pm
what is it about the nickles? i have had alot of the people that eat at my diner tell me to hang on to the ones i get!!!???
WHAT TO DO????
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 5:35pm
Danny,
The melt down value of the nickel is slightly greater than the face value. It's 75% copper and 25% nickel. All other coins are worth much less than face value. Copper coated zinc pennies are worth 1/2 cent. Dimes melt down is 2 cents and quarters melt down is almost 5 cents. Nickel also has military applications. Sometime in 2013 they are going to begin  nickel coating stainless steel blanks.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 1:31pm
thanks suzi16  but i dont know if that makes them worth saving
WHAT TO DO????
sms View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 5:05pm
They finally used that nasty "A" word
WASHINGTON - The latest budget impasse ushered in a new round of austerity on Saturday, with the nation facing reduced federal services, canceled contracts, job furloughs and layoffs.
 Sequestration is such a nicer why to word it don't ya think.
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 6:04pm
A hedge fund billionaire from Texas bought a million dollars worth of nickels in 2009. Unlike silver you can spend them anywhere. You can convert to dollars easily. They are the only real money we use.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 8:27pm
There are 2 ways to devalue a currency.  One way is to simply print lots of money which the Federal Reserve is doing.  The 2nd way would be if they suddenly devalued the currency by issuing replacement currency at a fraction of the old currency.  They might end up doing it by both means in the end.

When governments devalue their currencies over night, they usually don't mint new coins.  The thinking behind this is that minting new coins is expensive, but printing bills is not.  Also, most people only have a pocketful of coins in their posession so it isn't worth the government's expense to do this.

If they suddenly devalued the $1.00 bill and said that it was now worth only 60 cents, then you'd be better off holding 4 quarters which would still be worth $1.00.  You would have to turn all of your paper money into the bank in exchange for the new paper money.  However, those coins would retain their original values because it is prohibitively expensive to mint new coins.

It is not practical to actively collect lots of coins because they are heavy, bulky, and hard to spend in great quantity. 

So, instead of actively seeking out coins from your bank, simply save your left over change in a shoe box. 

It is also illegal to melt down coins.  While older coins have a higher metal value than their face value, it is hardly worth the effort to sift through your change to find them.  The best plan is to simply save your quarters just in case the government decides to do a sudden devaluation over night.

One thing to seriously think about.  When the Argentina currency collapsed in 2001, people lost their entire life's savings in the banks.  It didn't matter if you had $50 or $500,000 in the bank, they lost it all.  How long could you survive under this scenario? 

How long could you survive if, during a collapse, all commerce would stop for a couple of weeks such that you couldn't buy food?
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 8:23am
Save nickels not quarters. Quarters are only worth a few cents. They could say 4 quarters = 1 new currency dollar. At least you would have the copper and nickel for later when everyone is bartering. They want our guns and control of antibiotics. It can't be good.

I could last about a year if my relatives would prep. So maybe 2 months.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 2:40pm
I am putting my money in the basics, not gold or silver. Why look at Russia in WWII gold, sliver, jewlery, furs nothing was worth anything because there was no food and no firewood to keep warm. I will get a little gold and silver but for the most part I have food and every year I get more wood and rotate it.

I also am putting money in home defense and take that any way you want and I am doing it. My problem is if I hurt myself and the paramedics need to get into my house without my opening a door they will have a very hard time getting in.    I am going to put 3M security film on all my windows! My doors are pretty secure but I am working on that too.

I am not going to depend on money, gold, silver. I am depending on food, warmth, and defense because in the end these are the only things that will matter.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 5:26pm
you can only prep so much!!!me and my wife have went alittle overboard on stocking up .We even bought  a 5 acre ranch with a well ,pond 50 by 50 polebarn 5 sheds 28 fruit trees i can go on and on .plenty to barter with.But cash flow limted due to lack of sales at our diner. I can see saving silver coins but I do not see how change could be very helpful. I could get alot more for a hand full of bullets than a hand full of coins.Am I wrong for thinking like that!????Wacko 
WHAT TO DO????
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 6:41pm
I think about it a lot and I don't know. I have 23 years in a state retirement and sometimes I think I will never see it. If everything crashed entirely and I lost all my debt along with my contributions I would break even. I'm afraid I'll lose the retirement and keep the debt. I'm tempted to withdraw my contributions and put them in something or pay off all the debt but then I would be working forever. Wish I had a crystal ball.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 7:26pm
Suzi16 put any and all extra funds into paying off your debt. Even if it is only 10.00 a week extra to retire the debt off of one credit card which you need to cut up to never use it again.   When you don't go out to eat to save money write it down on a list on your Fridge and when that credit card bill is due add that amount to the payment. In no time you will be out of debt.   Give it a try and see.

I wish we all had a crystal ball then we all would know what to do.

Keep your retirement because the state matches and you never touch your retirement!   Like my Aunt said, "I rather have it hard in my young years and easy in my older years. I can tell you in my 60's my Aunt was correct!    
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 7:37pm
Dannykelly, you are correct bullets will get you more than coin in a really bad time. As I get older I don't worry so much about a ranch but if I someday I have grand kids I will get a place.

This place will look more like a frontier home with only 3 or less rooms and a wood stove to cook on.

But for now I can't afford to do this only in the future ...maybe!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 3:58pm
Back to the nickles,which ones do you save ??what years ?? is it all of them????? 
WHAT TO DO????
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2013 at 5:23pm
1946-2013   The plan is to change the metal content in 2013. Don't know when exactly.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 4:55pm
Thank you Suzi16!!
WHAT TO DO????
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2013 at 8:57am
sms View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2013 at 9:35am

The government is not only hell bent getting prepared for it. There doing everything they can to make sure it happens. Me i'm not going to be scared any more . Im going to be preparded for it and just walk around humming Happy day's are here again.

Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 6:41pm
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 8:35pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 1:34pm

this guy is nothing to listen to

WHAT TO DO????
Suzi16 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 7:07pm
Explain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic